BELL Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun workplace and always up to date with the next new phone
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJuly 12, 2016
Working for Bell has been rewarding in terms of building experience and relationships with other individuals. There are daily routines that one must follow in order to have a successful day. A lot of cold calls to make and a lot of interactions with customers which itself can be rewarding because you meet very interesting individuals. Management is good and the co-workers were fun and great to work with.
Pros
Free demo line
Na
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 6, 2016
Further to my resume, I had many wonderful co-workers and we worked together so well as one team. The hardest part that we dealt with on a daily basis was the so called "red tape" , it was frustrating at times, all you wanted to do was move forward with your project however there were many steps of approval. I believe these steps could have been less painful at time and fewer steps.
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching a project move from idea to launch and knowing that you had part in the project cycle.
The internal and external customer was always my main focus, always asking the question "how will this impact the customer?"
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Review of Bell
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 17, 2016
I had the honour and privilege of working there for 16 years. I thoroughly enjoyed the people and the tasks that I was given.

In my years I was given the chance to hone my people skills. I learned the importance of saying "Thank you". Something as simple as saying thank you goes a long way in instilling a culture of respect and trust amongst ones employees. I would like to think that we had this in the group that I created, lead and supported.

In all, Bell was a very positive experience on my own development and for that I am thankful
Great work environment
Transmission Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 19, 2016
32 years worth of dealing on daily basis with internal and external customers working on telephone cable networks. Also many years experience with Fibre optics build and installation of systems to further customer needs.
Service and support of 600 plus users within IS/IT department offering installation, support and service of desktop systems including networks and servers within the Province of Ontario
FUN and Social
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCJune 15, 2016
I got to meet a lot of people every day, even people from different towns who come to see the Canadian of Montreal practice. Often there was also people from different country who came for the hockey or soccer competition.
There were fun time for the workers too, activities outside of work time to get to know each other better. As employees we were all a big family, we got along great even with the employers.
Bell Residential Specialist
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  255 young streetMay 19, 2016
Worked with Bell Canada for 2 years.

Great place for getting experience. NO ADVANCEMENT AT ALL!!! or takes to long for it to even happen.
Pay started at $11.25 an hour plus commission. made about $4000 a month at the Toronto Eaton Center.

Plus benefits kick in after 3 months. 90% of dental and 70% is medical.

amazing place to work out. lots of competition...

good luck!!!
Pros
35% off Bell service, Great benefits
Cons
Long Hours, Worst Management.
Best wireless company to work for
BELL AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 29, 2016
I provided Best Buy, Futureshop and Wal-Mart wireless reps with new product information and phone bundles.

I learned a lot about creating a buzz for new products, managing other staff members and promoting services. Also, this job was a great experience and taught me how to be successful working independently.
Pros
Having new products in order to provide exceptional product knowledge
Very competitive, workload-heavy, professional job.
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONJune 1, 2016
A typical day at work would be commuting to your designated location (mall, event, MDUs) and setting up your kiosk. Greeting customers and selling home services such as TV, internet, home phone from your kiosk. I usually work alone, unless we are located at major events such as Ribfest, Taste of Aisa, etc. Management and co-workers are very friendly and understanding. The hardest part of the job is commuting with such a big kiosk (If you are bussing) and dealing with a whole entire shift without a sale, as the job is commission-only based. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fun atmosphere and building interprofessional relationships with your customers.
Pros
Friendly, fun professional work environment
Cons
Commission-only based Pay
Bell - Pride to be part of the company
DMA Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 14, 2016
I usually start my job at 9.30, excellent place to work especially when we resolve customer issues the appreciation we get from customers. It is premier telecom company with the latest technology called Fibe which is reliable & eliminates interruptions.
We have great team members to help us in times of difficulty especially in situation where in a customer service has been disconnected due to technical issues, talking to various departments to get the issue resolved and make sure his basic services are running so that he has access to at-least 911 services in case of any emergencies.
we have numerous summer events like barbecue get-togethers, mental health awareness programs, walk to promote various issues relating to kids etc
Productive & rewarding
Final Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 26, 2016
I worked in final accounts. closing people telephone service
Great customer service skills. How to deal with all sorts of personalities.Management was always there to help if necessary.
Great co-workers.
Hardest part was being told off if I HAD to close account because of balances.
Having a feeling of accomplishment.
Then Moved to the US
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 12, 2016
Constant changes in pricing and poor customer service from the call centre makes things difficult at times to help customers. Need to assist all customers with issues/complaints as well as tech support. co-workers are great and management Is always trying to help you succeed within the business through coaching sessions and positive words of encouragement. The hardest part of the job is the high targets. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to tackle new situations and finding creative solutions while building strong rapport with your customers.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
High targets, irate customers and part time hours
productive and sharing culture with scope to learn and grow
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 10, 2016
Good job exposure and experience and scope to learn and grow. The team structure is good and experienced. It provides the learning scope and also to share the knowledge acquired through experience. The company provides vast opportunity to learn and grow within the organization.
Pros
Vast opportunity to grow within the organization
Cons
Going door to door and having long weeks with less time on weekends
Fun Place
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 11, 2016
•Worked alongside managers on shipping & merchandise investigations
•Loaded and unloaded trucks with merchandise & employee personal packages
•Processed and fulfilled orders according to date
•Worked with FedEx, UPS, Purolator, Canada Post & Canpar for shipping & receiving
•Ordered and maintained warehouse supplies
•Assisted employees with shipping costs & tracking information
•Filled out customs documentation & FCC forms for shipments going outside of Canada
Steady income, but constantly pushed to achieve higher sales quotas
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 17, 2016
The push for sales is highly pushed upon sales reps. constant push for higher sales quotas each week. High paced. Team work was enjoyable. social environment on the street door to door could be fun depending on your mood.
Pros
good teamwork skills
Cons
long hours, constant put downs in team meetings by manager
fun workplace
Loyalty and Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJuly 2, 2016
Long hour shift might drain your brain due to frustrated and angry customers yelling at you for resolution on bills and other issues.I learnt how to be patience , rapour with customer on calls despite their angry mood, punctuality, training and adaptation to constant change of schedules.
Friendly agents and cool work environment .
Fun and Challenging
Senior Technical Support Agent/Blue Prints team (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2016
Monday is the best because the day goes by quickly.
I start by logging in to my computer checking emails reading some notes.After I start to organize the programs/tools that I use for the day. Then I prepare to log on the phone and the days starts by taking calls and assisting customers whatever their request is.
lots of pressure by managers to complete job even if its not in your hand.
BTS Technician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 31, 2016
Salary is not good according to work. Lots of traveling form one city to another city in your shift. Winter time its very hard to work outside after 7pm due to dark.but this company force you to work and some shift are 5pm to 9pm only. Some guys are working only 2 days Saturday and Sunday in a week but you should available for whole week. They can force you any day. Hard part is when managers force techs to work just because they are getting good intensive in end of year. Union is just eating your money they don't do any thing for you.
Productive work environment at Bell
TECHNICAL SUPPORT AGENT (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 27, 2016
Working at Bell allowed me to improve my customer service and technical support skills for all clients. I was able to take a manager role for a few months and enjoyed having the opportunity. Typical day at work would be receiving inbound calls helping customers with their technical support issues.
Worked there 34.5 years it was a great place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bell, ONMarch 16, 2016
Started early, worked late.Had the opportunity to work on many interesting projects and teams.
I learned so much about telecom, IT, managing projects, teams, clients and vendors.
Management was good at times and not so good with certain managers.
Co-workers on the whole were great, friendly, helpful and I still keep in contact with many.
No training, not enough resources, no pay for all the hundreds of hours of worked evenings, weekends and holidays and cancelled vacations.
Team comradery and working on neat Telecom and IT technologies as well as intersting clients and there unique environments AND the
Pros
People, opportunities, 201 Olympics
Cons
Many unpaid hours
Very supportive, comfortable working atmosphere and very good staff to work with.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ONMarch 20, 2016
Everyday you do your best to assist customers with closing the right Bell services to help meet their media needs. I have improved my sales techniques, product and industry knowledge. With my customer service skills and confidence growing each day. I enjoy the job more due to my friendly coworkers, they help give support and answers when dealing with unique situations. The hardest part of the job is not being able to satisfy every customer, sometimes we can work with every situation and I wish I could always do more for the customers. The best part about the job is meeting new people, educating customers with technology to help them stay connected and up to date.
Pros
Latest technology
Cons
Not enough hours