BELL

BELL Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Steady Employment, Great pay and benefits, culture lacking
Assoc Director, Business Development (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Good pay, normal working hours, employee discount on services
Cons: Can be cut throat and working hours can be extreme depending on the time of year
After MANY years I decided to leave. Bell treated me so well. I have a great pension and the pay was on par with the going rates in the market. The stoggy Telco culture still persists for the most part although in some areas not so much. Depending on where you work, you could find yourself on the bleeding edge of a changing market with brand new, exciting technology or be stuck in a really stale part of the company where they just want to make sure that the lights are kept on. Consumer/TV/Mobility are kings at Bell, everywhere else not so much.

If looking to leave and join a startup, be prepared for culture shock.
Telesales Representative (Current Employee), TorontoJuly 25, 2015
Tele-sales Representative.
On an average, take up to 60-100 calls a day.
made sales in the first 3 days on the floor.
Great support from leads and managers.
Positive work environment.
Bell Canada (commonly referred to as Bell) is a Canadian telecommunications and media company headquartered in Montreal, Quebec.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), calgaryJuly 24, 2015
Overall, an above average experience. Good fit for new immigrants.
Direct Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Better chances for getting a job
Cons: Low salary
Overall, an above average experience. Good fit for new immigrants. However, try to switch departments and don't remain stuck in what you get initially.
Good place to work.
Cable Technician (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSJuly 16, 2015
I work outside and inside without any required supervision. Installation of fibre optic termination panels and aerial splices in various locations. I also spliced copper cable and installed associated equipment for many years and have 10 years experience as a lineman. I hold a Red Seal interprovincial journeyperson electrical license and computerized business applications honors diploma.
good
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2015
Pros: mobile
Cons: work life balance
it is has to more focus on which customer to be tapped rather than area.

poor area mapping and thus waste lots of time and effort
Fun place to Work!
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Bad Management
I enjoy my career. Flexible hours and great team environment, however, management is lacking in a big way and there are no benefits.
Appco
Sales Representative/ Customer Service (Former Employee), May, ONJuly 8, 2015
Pros: you dont understand money cause not enough
Cons: Way too long hours
Appco Is not somewhere i would recommend to work, with the market for bell being saturated and it will not be worth time. Trust me
Data Entry Clerk
Clerk (Former Employee), Scarborough, OntarioJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great Experience and Great Friends
Cons: not enough variety in job
Worked in a very small department with approx. 6 co-workers entering data work sheets for the technicians.
Another close knit where we would all go out after work for dinner etc. Hardest part of the job was staying awake while entering the information into the system.
Overall a good company
Associate Data Analyst (Former Employee), Wynford Dr, Don Mills, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: offers great vacation options & group benefits
Cons: downsizing, no challenge
I have held several different positions within the company from an operator to ISIT support to business admin, to process improvement to data analyst. I have emassed a large skill set to handle any new task that I take on. The company although, does not offer job security, certain non sales departments continually downsize and although it may be a necessity, it does not consider the employees that it affects. Long term employment may be a long shot. I have worked for this company for 26 years, and have been downsized out of my position a total of 3 official times. (a 4th time I was just told I was being transferred). I had kept it in my mind that if they downsized me officially for a 3rd time that I would take the package and leave, and this is now what I am doing
A great place to network.
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: benifiets and contests
Cons: Schedualing issues
I enjoyed my job everyday but it lacked managerial competence. I learned to how to effectively advance my knowledge in a area I did not know much about and it was easy to grasp and attain.
My co-workers were fun and supportive. They really made everyone feel comfortable once they walked into the store.
The hardest part was trying to make every customer happy and satisfied. There are circumstances that are beyond our control and depth of our training. I did however made sure they had a answer for all their needs and questions whether the issue was fully resolved at the initial store visit.
The most enjoyable part was the accessibility of growth within the company and they would make sure you had a opportunity to do so.
Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2015
Learned a lot, management is great, co-workers are very friendly. It is flexible and management is very understanding and I am proud to say I am currently a Bell employee.
Challenging but Rewarding
Technician (Current Employee), 519, OntarioJune 17, 2015
Pros: The people, the Work, being outside, being on your own
Cons: No weekends, Inconsistent Hours, Working in the Winter/Rain
I love the job in THEORY. Driving around, talking to customers, fixing issues, it's amazing. The learning, the sense of accomplishment, and the pride I take in a job well done...

I hate the hours. More specifically that I do not see Saturdays off AT ALL. This is non negotiable.
Working in the Elements has its rewards but ALSO it's challenges - think -20 temps, snowbanks, Rain (which makes equipment faulty)

Overtime last year was Mandatory, and so far (June) we are still getting the odd page to take days off... no consistency

My manager is a superstar, and my team supports and challenges me. The people are second to none... Overall I think I'll stay a while longer.
Emploi offrant plusieurs défits
Représentant au service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Excellent Bénifice
Cons: Beaucoup de Stress
Offrir de l'assistance technique et donner l'information sur l'utilisation des services de BELL dans tous les domaines : téléphonie, internet, télé sur service de fibre optique et sur ligne régulière de cuivre.

Exige beaucoup d'autonomie et une bonne résistance au stress

Bonne collaboration dans le travail d'équipe et la direction

Travail exigeant qui demande une bonne connaissance et compréhension des produits et services offert par BELL

Satisfaction d'aider les clients
Over worked
Senior Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: Competitive wages
Cons: working evenings, weekends
Impossible workload, with unrealistic deadlines. No communication between consultants, other than powertriping project managers. Glad for the experience, also happy to have new opportunities moving forward.
n/a
NOC Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 14, 2015
BCE Inc. is Canada's largest communications company, providing a comprehensive and innovative suite of broadband communications and content services to consumer, residential business and government customers in Canada.

Powered by industry-leading investments in advanced networks and media content, Bell communications services are offered under the Bell Canada and Bell Aliant brands. These include fibre-based IPTV and high-speed Internet services, 4G LTE wireless, home phone and business network and communications services, including data hosting and cloud computing.

Bell Media is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, out of home and digital media, including CTV, Canada's #1 television network, and the country's most-watched specialty channels.

To accelerate Bell’s broadband content strategy, BCE is a significant investor in Canada’s leading sport and entertainment institutions, the Montreal Canadiens and Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment. The Source is one of Canada's largest consumer electronics retailers with over 650 locations nationwide ,offering Bell TV, Internet and Mobility products and home entertainment, home office and sound products.

The Bell Let’s Talk mental health initiative promotes Canadian mental health with national awareness and anti-stigma campaigns like Bell Let's Talk Day and significant Bell funding of community care and access, research, and workplace initiatives.
Good job for summer but very hard in winter
Technician (Former Employee), MarkhamJune 14, 2015
Pros: Good job for summer
Cons: very hard job during winter
The job is extremely hard during winter time as most of your work will be outside fixing cables or hooking up cables in the boxes in the worst winter conditions. Very unfair management and salary is not that good for a job this hard. Not happy with the job at all overall.
Frustrating working at BTS
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: No micromanagement, and meeting with the guys at the end of the day
Cons: Never know what to expect from the control center, frequently have to work in bad weather, crazy scheduling
Poor communication between supervisors and technicians makes for an unnecessarily stressful working environment.
Great atmosphere of people to work within
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunches 2-3 times a week, great group of people to work with
Cons: no work/life balance, I felt like I was taking my work home on my days off
Everyday was a new experience at work which made it an interesting place or work. I would check my emails everyday and made sure my technicians had everything they needed to perform their duties. The management was great as they were my co-workers. Hardest part of the job was to try to catch up on emails and requests if you let it go for a couple of days. I enjoyed being on the road with my technicians and helping them on their day to day tasks.
it was a fast pace build a network construction
Construction Manager (Former Employee), OntarioJune 3, 2015
Pros: very much a team in the group I was in
Cons: non come to mind
every day was different from tendering out a job to mid construction visits to closing out the construction
there is alot more to any job then just putting up a tower (permits ,drawings inspections)
our manager always tried to get us everything we needed to help in completeing the tasks at hand
we were a team of 5 that covered all of Ontario and we acted like a team if someones area needed help we all pitched in
the hardest part of the job was weather no control over weather
watch allthe hard work go into the construction and seeing it complete was the most enjoyable part

1 2 3 4 5

About BELL

Bell Canada, commonly shortened to "Bell", is a major Canadian telecommunications company. Including its subsidiaries – Read more