BELL Employee Reviews in Canada

lots of pressure by managers to complete job even if its not in your hand.
BTS Technician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 31, 2016
Salary is not good according to work. Lots of traveling form one city to another city in your shift. Winter time its very hard to work outside after 7pm due to dark.but this company force you to work and some shift are 5pm to 9pm only. Some guys are working only 2 days Saturday and Sunday in a week but you should available for whole week. They can force you any day. Hard part is when managers force techs to work just because they are getting good intensive in end of year. Union is just eating your money they don't do any thing for you.
had all the fun things gym,play room pool tables ect,, just no time to enjoy them.
Loyalty and Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBFebruary 3, 2016
Had to be in 10 minutes before to log in to many of our different apps we worked threw and get ready to receive a high volume of calls I was Loyalty Retention so my job was a little more stressful since I was the one they not only called to cancel services if they had problems or better prices else where , bills never the same on a monthly basis so alot of irate customers so in certain cases we could offer a Promotion on theyre services like money off they,re bill that usually helped some what did help was to have good social skills and to understand where they,re coming from also .My job was not only to save my customer but to also up sell, for exemple the telephone if they didn,t have it I,d have to try to convince them it would be at there benefit to have it ,my sales were pretty good I made bonuses that part of the job working with people on the phone and multitasking I loved .
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Not for a person like me
Productive environment where the customer was number one and employees were treated with respect.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 25, 2016
I have learned just about everything there is to know about customer service in this company. The days at work were intense and required attentiveness at all time. This of course was all in the spirit of giving excellent service to he customer.
Management was attentive to employees and always available to better the service.
Co-workers were great people with the same objectives ready and willing to share responsibilities.
The most difficult part of the job, keeping the customers and employees 100% satisfied, was also the most enjoyable and challenging.
Benefits
Cons
Too few hours - 32 1/2 hours work week
Not a friendly place to work
Wireless Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 7, 2016
Poor benefits and lack of teamwork. Management attendance was poor and sales staff was always angry at each other. Worked there for almost 4 years and no one was promoted from within. Instead new management was hired from outside all the time. When new staff replacement arrives, they have no clue of what's going on and most of them end up quitting within 4 months.
Door to Door, Team based sales
Residential Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 17, 2016
To start the day, I head to my territory, send my GPS co-ordinates, to head office, so that my Manager knows that I'm on field.
I then proceed to follow a lead list showing me which houses in the neighborhood qualify for services upgrades. I then speak to the homeowners and try to present our product and all the benefits that go with it. I work with a great sales team, and the manager is really helpful. The hardest part of the job is getting people to give you their time to talk. I do however like actually speaking to them, there is a good chance I will meet and speak to unique families.
Fast paced environment with challenging job expectations
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 16, 2015
On a daily basis a representative would speak to various types of customers with a wide range of issues and complaints. Often the client is irate and would require a creative solution with a compassionate approach for the outcome to be successful. Management also expects each call to be a handled under a short time frame with a sales attempt while following a very specific call flow guideline/application. Agents also must use and be familiar with over 15 different tools/applications to handle their daily calls. The quality of a representative's performance is also based on their customers' feedback.

I learned how to:
-multi-task
-deescalate any situation and/or individuals
-quickly create creative solutions

To management, you are just a number

Hardest part:
-meeting all the performance requirements, satisfying customers and remaining positive within a time constraint

Most enjoyable part:
-friendly and supportive teammates/co-workers
Pros
Good pay & incentives with reasonable benefits
Cons
Stressful with lack of recognition, job security and advancements
Daliy Job Requirments
Customer Marketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2016
• Handling existing & new clients for Bell products & services
• Upgrading & downgrading Bell products & services
• Scheduling installation dates for existing & new Bell clients
• Billing inquires for new & existing Bell clients
Pros
Good Pay & Benefits
Cons
Monthly Cross-Training
Bonne opportunité!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 1, 2016
Dynamic company
Very friendly staff,
Cooperative and helpful co-workers, great interaction between co-workers, helpful supervisors.
I really enjoyed working with Bell but the salary was too low.
Probably, because I was hired by a subcontractor of Bell.
Good benefits.
Pros
Good benefits, challenging environment
Cons
Busy work place
Great employer
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Many opportunities to advance, grow the business, develop and implement new concepts. Hard working teams working together to achieve success.
Pros
Compensation, advancement, opportunities
Cons
none noted
This is a great company to work for and a lot of diversity
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Verdun, QCDecember 31, 2015
This is a great company to work for and a lot of diversity. They have great benefits and campuses and good work/life balance but it also depends which department you work for and what managers you get.
Good employer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 13, 2016
Great employer, good work/life balance, great benefits. Good management, great co-workers. I learned how to be a great sales associate.
Productive but very stresstful
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  St.John's, NLSeptember 2, 2015
My typical day at Bell involved managing IT projects. I would have to develop project plans (with the assistance of my team members), and then ensure that the tasks are assigned to team members with the right skills and follow through with getting them completed on budget and on time. On a weekly basis develop status reports and make presentation to upper management on its overall progress.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my colleagues who were very supportive in getting the project completed. There was a lot of red tape but again with a company of this size, it was to be expected.

Overall, I enjoyed working at Bell but have to say that it is a very stressful workplace especially with the restructuring that would happen from day to day.
Pros
Benefits, good colleagues
Cons
Expectations
Life at Bell
Technical Solutions Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 9, 2016
Working at Bell taught me a great deal about cellular technology, how to communicate, and deal with difficult customers.
Good career opportunities, and programs like education services to promote career growth.
Most of my managers provided excellent support. Helping to build confidence, providing critical feedback, and coaching.
The hardest part about the job, was dealing with extremely high call volumes, maintaining difficult average handle time, with minimal external support.
The most enjoyable aspect, helping customers, working with a great team, and developing an excellent rapport with management and peers.
Average
Senior System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 8, 2015
Average place to work but benefits are good.
Desks are "modern", meaning, open space. Office air quality is good, temperature control is not as good.
Job culture is nothing special, everything is up to your direct manager, you never know, where you are, could be good - could be not as good.
Benefits
Cons
open space, no walls.
Fun workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 25, 2015
Excellent company benefits and culture. Advancement is promised but it is difficult to receive feedback. Typical workday included inventory management, payroll management, conflict resolution, training, coaching, customer service.
love it
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJanuary 19, 2016
Working in a call center is not easy , but working in a call center with people who cares makes things easier . I made a lot of friends there and compensation are good.
Pros
Lunch, games, bonus
Cons
Short breaks
Salary/Benefits good but to much stress.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 24, 2015
I did enjoy the first 15 years working there, you felt you could talk to management work life was possible. With out sourcing more stress on worker who are left.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Need work life balance.
Good company
Onboarding Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 18, 2015
Good company with good benefits and salary.
Knowledgeable staff and executives.
No corporate culture.
Difficult to advance.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No work culture.
Challenging and stimulating
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 27, 2015
I work for Bell corporate store department and everyday is a good challenge in order to motivate your team to attain all the different sales targets and helping them find a way to be consistant in their sales pitch by having one on one coaching.
Also, I need to manage different requests from inventory transfer requests from the planners team, reading and analyzing different reports, make sure to have a proper schedule which we will be efficient to serve customers in the peak hours, hiring new talents and creating a good work environment for my employee.
Pros
Tuition fee reimbursement, life benefits, advantage programs and flexible schedule
Great place to work with minimal job requirements
Billing Analyst/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 16, 2016
If you decided not to pursue post secondary education and have no other passion/opportunity to pursue, then this is a great job. The bonuses can be good enough plus the base pay was $12.5 (circa 2016).

This job will teach you some important sales/persuasion skills which can be used in many other scenarios/settings, additionally, you will have considerably improved communication and small talk skills if you do the job right. Everyone is really friendly and the work environment is great. Management is superb! Doesn't get any better if you ask me.

The hardest part is the repetitiveness. I couldn't stand it after some time. But that was also the best part because some days I was half asleep and I could literally be fantasizing about my upcoming vacation and still complete the job with no trouble.
Pros
Bonuses just do what they teach you
Cons
Random hours you won't always have the weekend off.