BELL Employee Reviews

Productive and Rewarding Work Enviornment
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2017
A typical day involves promoting safety which involves demonstrating safe driving practices and using all PPE. Working professionally in installing and repairing all BELL services. Workplace involves a lot of problem solving skills, working under pressure, teamwork, being honest and discipline and energetic. We have a very supportive and reliable management team who constantly communicate with technicians to ensure their safety and also if any potential difficulty in doing the job. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a proper and healthy family/ work life balance. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of this job, being a level5 technician, is see the sense of satisfaction, relief , happiness resulting with smiles on the customers' faces after solving a prolong issue they were having.
Pros
Interactive, Room for advancement, Every job is unique
Cons
unhealthy family/ work life balance
Bell Aliant, Was it really a Good Place.
Owner/Manager (Current Employee) –  Digby, NS16 January 2017
If you work for the company maybe, but I was always a Contractor. Benefits are the Demo's, a few trips, and nothing else. I got paid once a month, we were very sales driven, and it was difficult to meet the expected out comes in the rural markets in the later years. As competition increased, they keep trying to squeeze more our of their people for less. Telecommunications continues to be competitive and limited rewards.
Pros
Pro's Free Cell and Internet Demo Lines, a Few trips.
Cons
Long hours at times, no benefit package.
Opportunity to grow with the company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2017
Great traning program and coaching by management
good incentive program,good employee culture to get you motivated.Fairly good benefits. Good amount of time off.
Pros
Nice people to work with and great environment, Hours were pretty great too due to the balance and number of individuals working
Cons
The management might ask for too much at times and provide little assistance in other situation, Sometimes management seems disorganized
unprofessional experience
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 February 2017
A typical day at work was always interesting because of the location (St Laurent Mall). I got to learn how to work at a call center, the basic infos. It helped because without this 1st job I probably wouldn't have the rogers call center job. But it wasn't always organized, my schedual was made on the week of, i didn't enjoy not knowing it in advance. The management weren't giving me enough hours even though they barely had available workers. The hardest part of my job was to find out I was schedualed a few days before & the most enjoyable part of my job was working inside the mall. They didn't really have a culture it was a brand new store.
Pros
Mall food court
Cons
not enough work hours
Great !
Logistics Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2017
Great place! a lot of learning opportunities and room for advancement. Co-workers and managers were very helpful during the probationary period. Workplace culture is calm during most of the time but can be intense during the mornings and certain period. The hardest part of the job is waking up at 5 am. The most enjoyable part is working together as a team.
Pros
Good opportunity to advance
Cons
Managment and business direction/rules/process change without consultation or notice
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
Very unprofessional company to work for or be partners with.
low morale in the company. Can not share thoughts which do not align with mgmt. you get fired!
Only interested in TOP execs filling their pockets
Pros
Largest Telco in Canada, Deals with Fortune 500 and Govt
Cons
poor compensation, lack focus on ensuring success of their employees and looking after them, high churn in customers and employees including top and middle management
Amazing Company to work for
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2017
Bell has an amazing line of products and services that are incredibly fascinating which make it easy to become easily enthusiastic about the position. The incentives and benefits help alleviate some of the stress the position has to off and with friendly co-workers and management makes for a great environment to be apart of.
fun team environment
Team Lead ­ Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2017
Helped prioritize work schedules and delegated assignments and developed solutions as part of quality management team.
Easily establish rapport with people of all ages, cultures, and beliefs.
Analyzed economic conditions, business trends and potential markets. Excellent motivational, planning and communication skills, with proven results building winning teams that exceed objectives.
Technically oriented - resourceful in problem solving and strategic planning to alleviate problems and took initiative in evaluating opportunities for team members.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no team working
Very Poor company to work for.
Field Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 February 2017
A company focused on squeezing the maximum from individuals in the short-term. High turnover and not for the long-term career hunter. Unreasonable expectations of early starts and late finishes with very poorly coordinated support from incompetent management. Ineffective training from inexperienced individuals far too focused on buzz-words and the quick 'sale and run' than any genuine customer focus. Good money can be made by the sharp-minded but only at the expense of a personal life and without any real regard for the customer's true needs.
Very positive and challenging work environment.
Residential Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 December 2016
Working at Bell Canada was one of the most exciting and fun jobs I've had. The staff was always pleasant to work with. We were treated very well in terms of benefits and commissions. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of our job was touring the province in order to promote our residential services at big events such as the "Jazz Fest", the "Festival d'été" in Quebec City, and other large scale events across the province as well as small pop-up kiosks in malls which we would call "mall tours". When we would travel, all our expenses were paid including hotels, food, and $0.45/km traveled.
Benefits
Cons
experience sales people beware....
Salesman (Former Employee) –  various5 January 2017
Having worked at Bell over three separate times this is the worse. Bell 'sub-contracts' the function to PCS who is the employer and the culture is cutthroat for numbers , not listening to feedback on locations, and just simple bad management in this organizational matrix situation.
Bell employees have priority to your sales and lost commissions and reported but nothing done.

Good entry position to see if you are a 'sale-person' but anyone with experience would not put up with the situation
Pros
Pay is in bank on time all the time
Cons
management, sales locations, people and strategy
Not a career
Technician (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 February 2017
Below average starting pay with a decent pay raise per 1048 hours worked. Not enough training provided and you are thrown into the field on your own without much experience. You are a number with this company, not a name. It is unionized but there are so many loop holes in the agreement that make this a "barely" unionized company. There are some perks to the job (clothing, boots, work phone etc.) but you will be working 6-7 days a week and your 8 week schedule can and will be changed on you. Say goodbye to weekends.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Schedule, loop holes to put you in the ground
Sales Consultant
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 January 2017
This is a great job opportunity for young students but not something one should seek as a permanent career. There is maximum salary set that you can never surpass and the commission structure is frequently being changed to make sales less lucrative. The company says it likes to promote within and you can make it to head office but that is untrue for a large portion of the scenarios. Essentially Bell likes to think up new ways for workers to DO MORE while being PAID LESS.
Good job, Lots of work.
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 March 2017
I enjoy working alone, meeting new people, working outside.
I learned about how the telephone, iptv and dsl systems work.
Management is great, always there for me when I need help.
Coworkers can be quite negative about working more than the scheduled hours on a daily basis but all in all we all need the money anyways.
Hardest part of the job is maintaining a social life due to many hours.
Pros
Freedom to work alone and just do your job.
Cons
long hours, 6 days a week almost every week
A Bit Cut Throat
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB10 August 2016
As a commission sales driven culture working here tends to be cut throat and a bit underhanded at times. Management is extremely top heavy. When sales targets aren't being met the CEO will berate the marketing team who in tern will berate the national managers who will turn around and etc, The problem being that the anger flows down but the explanations never made it back up as was the case in Alberta when the oil field crashed and no one was spending money.

On the plus side they do offer a decent training program, benefits package, and competative commissions structure.
Pros
commissions, training
Cons
top heavy management
No balance of life and work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON2 December 2016
Good pay, advancement based on local branch sometimes will not happen for many years. Management not very interactive, just look at numbers. Inconsistent hours, on call for up to 6 days a week, no weekends.
Cons
long hours, no weekends
Great work Environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2017
Amazing place to work great compensation and management. Amazing career to have while in school or even as a final career. They promote from within frequently
You are just a number
Field Sales Representative - Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 March 2017
There was no work life balance and at the end of the day you were just an employee number to management. The winters were exceptionally harsh and we didnt even have proper branded clothing or working conditions to ensure minimum requirements for working in the cold. We would have to leave our cars running and jump into it every 20 minutes or so just to make sure we werent frozen.
Productive and fun atmosphere
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 November 2016
In a typical day, I would sell products and services to clients providing the benefits they require as well as going to the needs of the business. Throughout the day I would complete various administrative duties including respond to 30 or more incoming calls from customers. I'd assist with new and existing service orders, handle all inquires, questions, complaints and emails. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Short lunches and long hours
excellent job culture
Database Marketing Specialist, BRS (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2016
very good place to work.
lot of benefits, great management.
company vision is uniform.
great bonus,
office location near highway
work life balance good
Pros
great benefits
Cons
promotion hard