BELL Employee Reviews

Very positive and challenging work environment.
Residential Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 December 2016
Working at Bell Canada was one of the most exciting and fun jobs I've had. The staff was always pleasant to work with. We were treated very well in terms of benefits and commissions. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of our job was touring the province in order to promote our residential services at big events such as the "Jazz Fest", the "Festival d'été" in Quebec City, and other large scale events across the province as well as small pop-up kiosks in malls which we would call "mall tours". When we would travel, all our expenses were paid including hotels, food, and $0.45/km traveled.
Benefits
Cons
Productive, fun workplace great amenities, and great employees
Project Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
- Great work environment for 8 hour work days
- I've learned a lot about the company
- toughest part in the job may be producing numbers but no issue so far
- most enjoyable part of the job, coming in to great people, with a fantastic work environment and great work
No balance of life and work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON2 December 2016
Good pay, advancement based on local branch sometimes will not happen for many years. Management not very interactive, just look at numbers. Inconsistent hours, on call for up to 6 days a week, no weekends.
Cons
long hours, no weekends
Challenging and professional place to work.
Cyber Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB25 November 2016
I was always challenged and never felt stagnant and bored working here. The pay was good and overall a great company to work for. The people were great and management was encouraging.
Treated Like a Number
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON24 November 2016
This is a great company to work for if you want job security, but be prepared to spend years in the trenches like a grunt working your way up the ladder.
Pros
Individual work
Cons
Weekends
Good beginner job with room to grow
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 November 2016
It is a good place to work and a good step in the door for students and people just entering the work force. From this position one would definitely want to move up for their career advancement which is lots of room to do.
Bell
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carbonear, NL22 November 2016
My typical day at Bell would consist of a lot of competition with fellow co workers for commission. Customers were great to see coming into the store. Always learned something new with working at bell, taking on new training with new products. couldn't ask for better management when I was there.
Great benefits but no carrer advancement opportunities
Customer service Representative/Technical support (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 November 2016
No career dvancement opportunities. The shifts are pretty bad, it doesn't get better with seniority.
Pretty multicultural workplace, good pay, great benefits program
Pros
Great location
Cons
Bad shifts
Fun workplace with great management
Retention Loyalty Agent (Former Employee) –  Young and eglinton17 November 2016
Long hours passes easily when the work place is enjoyed, and Bell is the place to enjoy and work at the same time. I had fun participating in team work whether it is to meet the numbers or organizing Halloween or Christmas competitions.
Cable Puller (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 November 2016
Good place to get a opportunity working with telephone wire. Good people to work for, always work to be done, good work environment.
It was productive, learnt new skills and there was opportunities for growth.
Technical Support Specialist Level2 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
Bell Canada is a large organization and has lot of opportunites in Internet, Tv and phone industry. I joined bell in a tech support team but gradually learned more skills, and moved to higher level support team where i was able to support the customer and clients for their, tv, Internet or phone issues. I learnt about fiber optic technology, and started to work in fibe tv and internet dept, and helped customer for their Internet, phone or tv inquiries. I worked 10+ years in Bell but bell shifted their support office to offshore companies and we all the team members were laid off from the bell service.
Pros
free coffe and tea, some time free lunch on holidays work
Cons
I was working 37.5 hrs in a week, and there was some over time available
Managment and business direction/rules/process change without consultation or notice
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
Very unprofessional company to work for or be partners with.
low morale in the company. Can not share thoughts which do not align with mgmt. you get fired!
Only interested in TOP execs filling their pockets
Pros
Largest Telco in Canada, Deals with Fortune 500 and Govt
Cons
poor compensation, lack focus on ensuring success of their employees and looking after them, high churn in customers and employees including top and middle management
Productive and fun atmosphere
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 November 2016
In a typical day, I would sell products and services to clients providing the benefits they require as well as going to the needs of the business. Throughout the day I would complete various administrative duties including respond to 30 or more incoming calls from customers. I'd assist with new and existing service orders, handle all inquires, questions, complaints and emails. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Short lunches and long hours
fast paced and competitive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham Ontario4 November 2016
I answered the phone and tried to answer any questions customers had with their phone bills. We took care of all errors or changes to phone bills as well as handled all the moving of telephones, installations and disconnections.
I also collected delinquent phone bills and we had to disconnect overdue accounts as well as try and collect previously disconnected accounts. This was all for residential customers.
Our job was to be the voice of Bell Canada
Pros
learned a lot of customer service skills
Cons
sales very competitive, often dealt with disgruntled customers
Interesting, high-pressure job
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Work from Home3 November 2016
Working at bell was a change from my usual sales job, I quickly adapted to the data mining required for this job. Being proficient on the computer was an asset I had through my everyday life, so learning to do the specific actions I needed to do was a simple task. My boss was patient and thorough in his teaching and a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job would have been wrangling everyone's data together to make the weekly/monthly presentations. The most enjoyable was seeing all those parts coming together.
Fun Place
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 November 2016
Bell is a very fun place to work at since I get to communicate with other employers and become friends with them. I get to help agents reset or give them access to 90 aps that Bell provides. The work load can be fast paced but sometimes it can be slow as well.
Pros
Interacting with my colleages.
Cons
Too much idling in the afternoon.
Test Center Service Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
Great working environment. Gained technical knowledge and experience from peers and technical teams. High pace job with high demands to achieve goals.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Little recognition for hard work
Almost no coaching
Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 October 2016
Expectations were not specified clearly, teammates offered help to phase into the role but reporting manager did not allowed other teammates to help, one way communication.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2016
At Bell I am an E-Chat agent who is taking inbound chat, answering customers' queries and make sales for TV, Internet and Home Phone services.
Pros
Friendly supervision
Cons
Commission not attractive
fast pace, hands on environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 October 2016
bell was a great company to work for, going from call to call and either installing or reparing phone/internet/tv lines.