BELL Employee Reviews

You are just a number
Field Sales Representative - Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 March 2017
There was no work life balance and at the end of the day you were just an employee number to management. The winters were exceptionally harsh and we didnt even have proper branded clothing or working conditions to ensure minimum requirements for working in the cold. We would have to leave our cars running and jump into it every 20 minutes or so just to make sure we werent frozen.
Goeed place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 March 2017
Good working place, exciting advantages and career advancements. would love to work again for Bell in Montreal. it was a fun experience working as a sale associate there.
Competitive and Enjoyable sales workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 March 2017
Low rating due to my specific experience with management. Even though I performed well and met all excpectations, favoritism was very high and lack of good coaching.
Excellent Entry Level Position
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
Excellent training encompassing all products, great company culture, this is a perfect job for someone just getting into sales. Bell is very competitive in the telecommunication market, work hard and you can be very successful at Bell.
Pros
company recognition, flexible hours, drive your own pay
Great !
Logistics Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2017
Great place! a lot of learning opportunities and room for advancement. Co-workers and managers were very helpful during the probationary period. Workplace culture is calm during most of the time but can be intense during the mornings and certain period. The hardest part of the job is waking up at 5 am. The most enjoyable part is working together as a team.
Pros
Good opportunity to advance
good work/life balance
Program/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 March 2017
good management style and transparent communication
fun place to work in Digital team
fair recognition on hard working
a lot to learn with encouragement on trying new things
Fiber Field Technician
Fiber Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2017
I got hired as summer student in bell Canada, I really loved my job because i got hired as fiber tech which is new tech. Jobs were pretty simple and Company will help you in every step to help you complete your job efficiently.
Pros
New tech
going downhill
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 March 2017
A lot has changed since I have started my position at BTS (bell canada) and not for the better. They have implemented all kinds of tasks to our job that are uncontrollable as a technician and judge us by these things.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
unpaid 1 hour lunch so really we are at work for 11 hours a day
Good job, Lots of work.
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 March 2017
I enjoy working alone, meeting new people, working outside.
I learned about how the telephone, iptv and dsl systems work.
Management is great, always there for me when I need help.
Coworkers can be quite negative about working more than the scheduled hours on a daily basis but all in all we all need the money anyways.
Hardest part of the job is maintaining a social life due to many hours.
Pros
Freedom to work alone and just do your job.
Cons
long hours, 6 days a week almost every week
Great work Environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2017
Amazing place to work great compensation and management. Amazing career to have while in school or even as a final career. They promote from within frequently
N/A in my particular case
Service Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 March 2017
As my role was directly impacted when we were bought out by Bell, it's not possible to rate the above.

If my career was able to extend into the Bell family it might be possible to give an opinion, as many roles were impacted through a buyout, mine being one of them, my opinions and overall rating can not be considered accurate at this time.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 March 2017
This job was great. Busy all the time. Organizing presentations, setting up meetings/conference calls.

This is where I learned to be organized.
Pros
People worked around me.
Cons
Director was a little harsh
decent
MDU/SDU Residential Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
ell was amazing, the managers I had were so helpful, I learned a lot much from them. There are no benefits, but pay was very high.
I left to work on my own ventures and finish school.
Great atmosphere
Virgin Mobile - B2B Sales (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 February 2017
It was a great place to work offering great benefits and internal growth !

Learned about cellular services !

Great management styles and very flexible
19 years with the organisation. Always steady work and respected for achievemnets
Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
I am a technical trainer and jobs skills development professional and performs assurance of escalated repairs and VP complaints. Most days are spent training peers to perform technician functions.
Bell
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2017
ell is really committed to training and developing its employees It encourages employees to share new ideas. It is very supportive of employees - more so than in past years. Mental health is a high priority, not only in its corporate philanthropy but in its dealing with employees. Salary and benefits package is competitive.
unprofessional experience
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 February 2017
A typical day at work was always interesting because of the location (St Laurent Mall). I got to learn how to work at a call center, the basic infos. It helped because without this 1st job I probably wouldn't have the rogers call center job. But it wasn't always organized, my schedual was made on the week of, i didn't enjoy not knowing it in advance. The management weren't giving me enough hours even though they barely had available workers. The hardest part of my job was to find out I was schedualed a few days before & the most enjoyable part of my job was working inside the mall. They didn't really have a culture it was a brand new store.
Pros
Mall food court
Cons
not enough work hours
Great experience connecting with residential clients.
Inside Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2017
- Making cold calls everyday to connect with clients providing solutions to their home services including Home Phone, Internet, Cable TV and Cell Phone contracts.
- The biggest component of sales that I have learned at Bell was that people buy people.
- Very supportive management and a very important tool for sales people to do their jobs well. Investing in their employees is what they preached and practiced.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was when you make a sale and help your clients save money and get the best.
Not a career
Technician (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 February 2017
Below average starting pay with a decent pay raise per 1048 hours worked. Not enough training provided and you are thrown into the field on your own without much experience. You are a number with this company, not a name. It is unionized but there are so many loop holes in the agreement that make this a "barely" unionized company. There are some perks to the job (clothing, boots, work phone etc.) but you will be working 6-7 days a week and your 8 week schedule can and will be changed on you. Say goodbye to weekends.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Schedule, loop holes to put you in the ground
feedback
Représentant des ventes (assistant gérant) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 February 2017
very friendly staff and managment good working conditions and a very professional approach to their employees, learned very high skill of costumer service and sales technics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BELL. Our community is ready to answer.

77%