BELL

BELL Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The best of the worst
Pod (Current Employee), GuessJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: work at home, salary and benefits
Cons: everything else
Generally Bell is an OK place to work. It is a bit of dog eat dog. There are people in positions that were promoted because
a)they've been around a long time and
b)their buddy was doing the hiring.
It doesn't mean they are the best person for the job. It is a large company and easy to get lost in the shuffle.
If you don't work in Eastern Canada, you pretty much don't exist. Poor communication across all departments and marginal execution on projects, however that is fairly typical in large companies.
The executive management keep talking about transforming the business from a traditional telco, yet keep reverting back to traditional products to promote to large customers. Not the best way to move ahead. The direction of Bell is unclear to me.
Layoffs are fairly constant, so if you don't have the stomach for that kind of thing, this is not the place for you.
I have been fortunate to receive funding to write exams, attend training and have access to a lab. All of that will contribute to my next position in another company.
The skill level of my peers for the position they are in is below par. They've been at Bell a long time, have little knowledge and tend to stick with each other. I have a low opinion of them. Teamwork/sharing information doesn't compute; keeping their job does.
Good workplace with limited growth opportunities
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Bell is a great company to work for, however growth opportunities are limited if you are looking to move up.
Bell
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), KingstonJanuary 25, 2015
Cell phones to customers and other related tasks. Set and reach sales goals
Best place for future growth
Network Technician (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: colleagues are very friendly. very good working environment
Cons: monotonous working
Place where you can learn many new things. Place to mould your career goals and objectives. Good place to start your career with.
Co-operative people.
Fast Paced, Customer Service Oriented, Sales Driven Environment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 23, 2015
• Customer services, managing current and new clients
• Inventory and cash management, key holder responsibilities
• Sales, and up-selling a variety of bell products and services
• Self-motivated, and on-going product knowledge through continual product research
Productive and a fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: advancements
Cons: long hours
An amazing team and a great place to advance really quickly based on your abilities and talents.
Harsh KPI at call centre
Customer Service Representative - Chinese Queue (Former Employee), North York, ONJanuary 16, 2015
daily life is gone with the hours that was required to work... all night shifts due to seniority of shifts... kinda ridiculous.
peaceful at times
Installation & Repair Tech (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 16, 2015
very generic big company. always on the road. all local calls so you are home everyday.
Great company to work for. Enjoyed working with peers to resolve customer issues
Technician (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Typical day taking calls from business clients across Canada with technical issues.
Used required company resources and departments to resolve small and high severity issues within time frame of 'Service Level Agreements' . Remotely accessed client's telecom systems to either upgrade, modify or resolve software issues as needed. Dispatched technicians if hardware source of the trouble. Kept detailed records of work related steps to resolve all issues to customers satisfaction.
Hardest part was relying on external vendors to comply with client's 'service level agreements' to resolve issues in a timely manner.
Most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with another satisfied customer and also dealing with assistance of a variety of departments and great people within Bell.
N/a
Application incidents Analyst (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 11, 2015
The management is a big challenge to face. It's very difficult to align work and life in the departement i am coming from.
Nothing to say more
productive and educational
Outbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bell, ONJanuary 9, 2015
on a regular day I would be going door to door generating sales with the training I was given.

I learned how to generate sales with different approaches to each client

management was eager in giving me the most out of the training to be successful in the work field

I thrived on the challenges that my job gave me every day
Fast paced environment
Mobile Specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: clean environment
Cons: less pay
Love to work with co-workers and as a team...also leading the troll when working myself...
Great atmosphere and pay, poor management
Bell Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor management
When I had started at Bell, I was ecstatic that I would be receiving commission based pay as well as training. It all started out very well and I became the top salesman within the first month. After that I began working as the Bell Team Supervisor and carried out many training exercises as we went through more employees. Everything began to fall apart when the person who is supposed to keep us updated on how our sales are doing constantly sent us feedback up to a month late. This person did this a few times and cost many of the sales staff to lose hundreds of dollars worth of sales. This along with the disorganization of our manager made it very clear that we were wasting our time working under someone who didn't have the proper experience to lead.
Excellent company to work for and be a part of for over 15 years
Account Manager for Bell (Former Employee), Verdun, QCJanuary 5, 2015
My work experience at Bell has given me an opportunity to expand my knowledge not only in the telecommunications industry but I have aquired skills such as excellent sales, leadership, project management, territory management, RFP'S, knowing both the private and public sector of our customers, team building, besides the many private courses given to further expand and continuously be up to date with the IT industry, sales, team management, time management etc..
My Customer relationships have permitted me to expand our portfolio. My co-workers and some clients have been a part of my network.
The rapid growth and conitunous change in the industry had been the most challenging during my career, however it has also permitted me to actively adapt to change and always focus on rebuilding and achieveing new goals, and this with continued success.
working at Bell Canada is and ideal sitaution-training and work life are both very good
Business Technician, Class (Former Employee), 220 Simcoe st, Toronto. OntarioJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: sandwich days
Cons: extra hours when available
Working at Bell is ideal for the worker who wants to learn. Excellent training is provided. And the worker is allowed to develop at his/her own pace. The environment while working is very conducive to learning and developing. There is table tennis and lots of potluck activities on a regular basis. There is an environment of togetherness during the work day. Help is always there to complete difficult tasks.
Great products to sell!
Field Sales Territory Account Manager (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: good compensation for selling products
Hardest part was working outside in winter, Management needed more women in charge.
.....
Customer Service- Small Business (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 31, 2014
BELL MOBILITY 2014

Customer Service- Small Business

 Dealing with customer enquiries by telephone
 Ensuring that a customer's problem is brought to a satisfactory conclusion
 Involved in developing a customer service policy
 Ensuring all telephone calls are answered within a respectable time frame
 Maximizing every sales inquiry
Challenging place to work in
SALES AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT MANAGER (Current Employee), Scarborough,ONDecember 23, 2014
Pros: challening
Cons: working weekends
I manage a group of 26 agents, I manage performance and motivate to achieve sales target through coaching if there is a skill and discipline if it is a will issue. I listen to calls and manage via leadership by walking around, side by sides, demo calls, interactive sessions and offline sessions to push and influence my agents to achieve their sales targets. The best part of the job is seeing your agents elevate from an under performing level to a higher level. This job is very rewarding when you get to see that your coaching and passion is translated in the successful performance of your agents.
Productive and fun workplace with both superiors and contemporaries
Logistics and Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee), Pickeering, OntarioDecember 15, 2014
Pros: company vehicles
Cons: banked hours accrued overlooked
Resumed at 7am and started with a meeting in my manager's office on ways to achieve the day's target. Communicated with coworkers all along while executing jobs. Worked as a team and achieved as a team. Not getting materials and supplies as at when due was pretty hard. And then, fully satisfied with the day's job at the end of the day was really satisfying.
Perfect company to work for!
Senior Project Manager, PMO Consultant (Current Employee), TorontoDecember 12, 2014
Pros: amazing corporate culture, delivery oriented working environment.
Dream company providing amazing opportunities to grow!

Bell Canada is committed to employers professional development and career growth.

Company offers big package of benefits.

Corporate program to help middle management to grow is just amazing!

1 2 3 4 5

About BELL

Bell Canada, commonly shortened to "Bell", is a major Canadian telecommunications company. Including its subsidiaries – Read more