BELL Employee Reviews in Canada

Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 12, 2016
Constant changes in pricing and poor customer service from the call centre makes things difficult at times to help customers. Need to assist all customers with issues/complaints as well as tech support. co-workers are great and management Is always trying to help you succeed within the business through coaching sessions and positive words of encouragement. The hardest part of the job is the high targets. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to tackle new situations and finding creative solutions while building strong rapport with your customers.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
High targets, irate customers and part time hours
productive and sharing culture with scope to learn and grow
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 10, 2016
Good job exposure and experience and scope to learn and grow. The team structure is good and experienced. It provides the learning scope and also to share the knowledge acquired through experience. The company provides vast opportunity to learn and grow within the organization.
Pros
Vast opportunity to grow within the organization
Cons
Going door to door and having long weeks with less time on weekends
Fun Place
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 11, 2016
•Worked alongside managers on shipping & merchandise investigations
•Loaded and unloaded trucks with merchandise & employee personal packages
•Processed and fulfilled orders according to date
•Worked with FedEx, UPS, Purolator, Canada Post & Canpar for shipping & receiving
•Ordered and maintained warehouse supplies
•Assisted employees with shipping costs & tracking information
•Filled out customs documentation & FCC forms for shipments going outside of Canada
Bell Residential Specialist
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  255 young streetMay 19, 2016
Worked with Bell Canada for 2 years.

Great place for getting experience. NO ADVANCEMENT AT ALL!!! or takes to long for it to even happen.
Pay started at $11.25 an hour plus commission. made about $4000 a month at the Toronto Eaton Center.

Plus benefits kick in after 3 months. 90% of dental and 70% is medical.

amazing place to work out. lots of competition...

good luck!!!
Pros
35% off Bell service, Great benefits
Cons
Long Hours, Worst Management.
lots of pressure by managers to complete job even if its not in your hand.
BTS Technician (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 31, 2016
Salary is not good according to work. Lots of traveling form one city to another city in your shift. Winter time its very hard to work outside after 7pm due to dark.but this company force you to work and some shift are 5pm to 9pm only. Some guys are working only 2 days Saturday and Sunday in a week but you should available for whole week. They can force you any day. Hard part is when managers force techs to work just because they are getting good intensive in end of year. Union is just eating your money they don't do any thing for you.
Bell - Pride to be part of the company
DMA Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 14, 2016
I usually start my job at 9.30, excellent place to work especially when we resolve customer issues the appreciation we get from customers. It is premier telecom company with the latest technology called Fibe which is reliable & eliminates interruptions.
We have great team members to help us in times of difficulty especially in situation where in a customer service has been disconnected due to technical issues, talking to various departments to get the issue resolved and make sure his basic services are running so that he has access to at-least 911 services in case of any emergencies.
we have numerous summer events like barbecue get-togethers, mental health awareness programs, walk to promote various issues relating to kids etc
Worked there 34.5 years it was a great place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bell, ONMarch 16, 2016
Started early, worked late.Had the opportunity to work on many interesting projects and teams.
I learned so much about telecom, IT, managing projects, teams, clients and vendors.
Management was good at times and not so good with certain managers.
Co-workers on the whole were great, friendly, helpful and I still keep in contact with many.
No training, not enough resources, no pay for all the hundreds of hours of worked evenings, weekends and holidays and cancelled vacations.
Team comradery and working on neat Telecom and IT technologies as well as intersting clients and there unique environments AND the
Pros
People, opportunities, 201 Olympics
Cons
Many unpaid hours
Life at Bell
Technical Solutions Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 9, 2016
Working at Bell taught me a great deal about cellular technology, how to communicate, and deal with difficult customers.
Good career opportunities, and programs like education services to promote career growth.
Most of my managers provided excellent support. Helping to build confidence, providing critical feedback, and coaching.
The hardest part about the job, was dealing with extremely high call volumes, maintaining difficult average handle time, with minimal external support.
The most enjoyable aspect, helping customers, working with a great team, and developing an excellent rapport with management and peers.
Very supportive, comfortable working atmosphere and very good staff to work with.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ONMarch 20, 2016
Everyday you do your best to assist customers with closing the right Bell services to help meet their media needs. I have improved my sales techniques, product and industry knowledge. With my customer service skills and confidence growing each day. I enjoy the job more due to my friendly coworkers, they help give support and answers when dealing with unique situations. The hardest part of the job is not being able to satisfy every customer, sometimes we can work with every situation and I wish I could always do more for the customers. The best part about the job is meeting new people, educating customers with technology to help them stay connected and up to date.
Pros
Latest technology
Cons
Not enough hours
A great atmosphere to work in
Accounting/Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 4, 2016
I received inventory records (eg: telephone systems, telephone sets, and wiring). I would then cost the equipment and time spent of the job against the revenue revenue received and calculate the profit or loss per job.
The hardest part of the job was sometimes getting the inventory records from the managers.
The most enjoyable part was working as a team.
Pros
Learning cost accounting
Cons
Writing your own reviews
Steady income, but constantly pushed to achieve higher sales quotas
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 17, 2016
The push for sales is highly pushed upon sales reps. constant push for higher sales quotas each week. High paced. Team work was enjoyable. social environment on the street door to door could be fun depending on your mood.
Pros
good teamwork skills
Cons
long hours, constant put downs in team meetings by manager
Not a friendly place to work
Wireless Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 7, 2016
Poor benefits and lack of teamwork. Management attendance was poor and sales staff was always angry at each other. Worked there for almost 4 years and no one was promoted from within. Instead new management was hired from outside all the time. When new staff replacement arrives, they have no clue of what's going on and most of them end up quitting within 4 months.
Daily Job Requirements
Logistics Attendant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 9, 2016
The day starts with picking and delivery of material needed by Bell Technicians for their vehicles. After then, receive material and restock shelves. When time and availability is present, the vehicles must be taken to repair garage for maintenance and repair.

Also, being in the warehouse, we must be able to service the technicians needs as far as material, tools and general assistance in getting the technicians out to their required appointments.
Pros
Clothing and adjustable hours are supplied
Cons
Workload and lack of employees to do the necessary jobs at hand.

Comment – April 21, 2016

Job is 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, rotating days off. A lot of stress getting all work done. More people would help but company insists on minimum staff.

Fun and Challenging
Senior Technical Support Agent/Blue Prints team (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2016
Monday is the best because the day goes by quickly.
I start by logging in to my computer checking emails reading some notes.After I start to organize the programs/tools that I use for the day. Then I prepare to log on the phone and the days starts by taking calls and assisting customers whatever their request is.
Incredible learning experience and development of teamwork skills
Network Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day at work involved working with my team and coding SQL to help facilitate the jobs of my peers. I learnt incredible teamwork and computer coding skills. I had a boss that lived in a different city, which allowed me to develop more independence. My management and coworkers were all very intelligent people that I learned a great deal from. The hardest part of the job was teaching myself a new computer language, and the most enjoyable part was being able to be part of a hard-working close-knit team.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Long distance
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 28, 2016
My typical day goes by fast and mostly have me doing super-multi tasking.
Being an end user Tier-2 support, I end up learning new things everyday due to existing and latest technical issues.
Co-workers are always fun to work with because you learn from them everyday, and build a good day-to-day professional relationship.
The hardest part of my job, for me, are the days possessing stagnancy. I love developments.
The most enjoyable part of any job, I must say, is challenges that push you go an extra mile to learn something.
nice workplace with many workers in a call centre setup
Direct Marketing Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
This is a workplace with several agents working as customer service reps in an inbound call center. Targets are set for sales and saves (when a customer calling to cancel a service is saved). Targets change every month. Emphasis has now gone to selling through assertive and aggressive means to ensure set targets are met. Workers are working in low spirits due to the often unrealistic constantly changing targets. Management at the center fall low in the hierarchy and only follow orders from the headquarters. There is a disconnect between agents, team leaders and management. The good thing is that there exists a jovial camaraderie among the agents on the phone
Pros
good bonus for sales and benefits including Employee Savings Plan for buying shares at Bell
Cons
general unrealistic sales targets
Productive environment where the customer was number one and employees were treated with respect.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 25, 2016
I have learned just about everything there is to know about customer service in this company. The days at work were intense and required attentiveness at all time. This of course was all in the spirit of giving excellent service to he customer.
Management was attentive to employees and always available to better the service.
Co-workers were great people with the same objectives ready and willing to share responsibilities.
The most difficult part of the job, keeping the customers and employees 100% satisfied, was also the most enjoyable and challenging.
Benefits
Cons
Too few hours - 32 1/2 hours work week
fun and flexible work place.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, NLMay 22, 2016
I loved the job, working with Cell Phones was a big dream of mine even before I owned my own.. Further you go with the career the more it seems you get to choose your own hours and salary, it's kinda like creating a clientele, if they like you and how you handle their device and billing they will come back to you.
Productive and face to face dealing with clients
Sales Consultant and Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 21, 2016
• It`s very productive and dealing with client face to face on daily basis.
• Networking.
• Learning every year new products and keep our self-updated with new plans and the projects.
• Working with team like as family
• Any issues comes we always break the ice and deal with it very smoothly.
• We always have fun at work with clients, laugh, talk and enjoy.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Same pay