BELL MEDIA

BELL MEDIA Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Used to be enjoyable
Digital Research Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Met some really nice people
Cons: All about the mighty dollar
There was a time when the company cared about its employees and made it pleasant to go to work. But once the company got too big, we all just became a number and slowly our 'perks' were taken away.
met new people and a fun and enjoyable place to work
Driver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 11, 2015
Pros: free pop by coke
Cons: only 3 month contract
greet everyone
warm up truck
load truck/unload truck
get paper work ready
make sure gas tank filled
pick up or drop off goods
Room for Advancement and Growth
Manager, Programming/Public Relations/Promotions (Former Employee), Kitchener, OntarioApril 27, 2015
Pros: Community Oriented
Cons: Re-structuring
Team oriented and courses offered to keep up with the latest developments within the industry. Management are strong. Co-workers are amazing again working together as a team for the best end result. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team environment and giving back to the community.
Senior News Producer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2015
Bell Media is a good place to work. Team mates are generally happy to come to work everyday. I like the fast paced and independent workplace.
Astral Media/ Bell Media
Producer/Editor ASTRAL MEDIA/ BELL MEDIA (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: bell's benefits were great.
Cons: restructuring of bell media with the astral media transaction led to lay off across all channels.
It's kind of a tricky one to talk about considering it was Astral Media before it became Bell Media. At Astral, I loved the people, the culture, the team, and most important the job. From Freelancing to full time producer, it was a great experience.
Then in July 2013 the transaction for Astral to be bought by Bell Media went through. The last year and a bit have been very stressful times due to uncertainty. Not knowing the plan of where we're moving, when we're moving, having meetings, having discussions, seeing people being let go, a great team of people not knowing the future. It was quite a stressful time. It led to my departure from Bell Media. Not that I wanted to go, but due to the restructuring of both companies my position was terminated. I still have the passion for film and television both as a producer/editor. I wish I could have had more of an opportunity to show Bell Media, how strong my work ethic and passion goes. But now a, new opportunity has arisen to show the next company what excellent skills I have.
A great place to work
Digital Account Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: new office, great people
Cons: advancement is tough, bell media digital is not considered as important as broadcast or residential services
The people are great but it is difficult to move up or be given projects to work on because the team is massive.
A very corporate atmosphere
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Dawson Creek, BCNovember 23, 2013
Having worked for Astral media during its' transition to Bell media, I can only speak to the staff I worked with at Astral. Our local management was outstanding, but the transition to Bell proved difficult to maintain a steady direction. The most enjoyable aspect of my work was the interaction with my clients and planning marketing campaigns. The most difficult part was coming to terms with the extensive policy and paperwork
Great Company
Digital Media Communications Intern for CTV (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 4, 2013
Communications Intern
-Friendly staff
-Fast paced
-Professional
Good working conditions, few restrictions
morning news anchor and co-host (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 18, 2013
Pros: good hours, excellent peers, few restrictions
Cons: bell media going through a few changes, could be unstable
I enjoy working here. I continue to grow in my knowledge of the news business. Because I co-host the morning show there are few restrictions other than the usual "good taste", know your audience.

Co-workers are fun and easy with which to bounce ideas.

Toughest part is waking up at 3am but it's also the best part of the day.. the office doesn't arrive until after 8am at which time we're almost done.
Great company to work for
Senior System Administrator -Infrastructure (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2013
Great company to work for .
Freindly Management and co workers
Very knowledgeable
Good salaries - bad management
Deployment Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee), AgincourtMay 20, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: poor management, disposable philosophy on employees, no real shot at full-time status - only contractors
While I enjoy my co-workers, management has no desire to bring anyone on full-time, and chooses to keep people on continually renewed 6month contracts.

Certain employees are prized while others are ignored or shunned by management. They prefer that you work extensive overtime and spread you too thin over work.
collaborateurs
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 4, 2015
ambiance familiale,et propice a un travail d’équipe
entreprise fait de son mieux pour accommoder et a motiver ses employés.
Sécurité
AGENTE PROMOTIONNELLE/ANIMATRICE (Former Employee), Quebec City, QCFebruary 18, 2015
Un milieu où c'est difficile de percer et de rester longtemps. Beaucoup de compétition. Pas de sécurité d'emploi.
Bon employeur
Adjointe aux ventes et service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Québec, QCMarch 21, 2014
Bell Média est une entreprise solide et sérieuse qui traite très bien ses employés. L'esprit d'équipe était fantastique.