Bell Helicopter

Bell Helicopter Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive
Design Engineer (Current Employee), anywhereFebruary 9, 2014
Creating a Whole Helicopter structure (primary and secondary structure) for Bell Helicopter, from the reference manual drawing to a full CAD data using CATIA V6 and CATIA V5
Challenging and rewarding
SAP SD FUNCTIONAL CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 8, 2014
The great part of working for Bell Helicopters is the amazing learning opportunities that unfold every day and a sense of pride that the work that you are doing is contributing to protecting the country.
A dynamic place to learn and grow.
Global Export Classification Specialist II (Former Employee), Hurst, TXFebruary 5, 2014
challenging systems but loved the work and fellow employees.
A company that is in transit to modernization of software, facility and processes
Departmental Assistant (Current Employee), Hurst, TXFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: awesome educational benefits
Cons: company so large that an indivudal contributor gets lost in the suffle
Bell Helicopter is in transition of modernization of the processes and procedures; and has initiated many processes and procedures as it focuses on engineering and earned value management of costs versus progress in the various government contracts that the company has at any one time.

The employees are brilliant, creative and honest working individuals. – more... I enjoy working and learning from my co-workers each day.

The hardest issues I face on a daily basis is the lack of initiative of some people in my peer group and the lack of enthusiasm for the tasks at hand.

I especially enjoy the interaction with my co-workers, the customer and the government officials whom I deal with on a daily basis.

Management is constantly changing at Bell Helicopter. Fortunately for the company, the management selected tend to be competent and interested in the company's progress – less
Quality Control
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: knee-jerk managment
Great benifits and lots of over time. Not a place to work if you want to move up. Some one has to die before you can get on day shift.
Productive and laid back atmosphere
Engineer (Former Employee), Hurst, TXJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: management does not micro-manage their employees, co-workers are easy to work with, team atmosphere, good work/life balance
Cons: driving to work. health insurance benefits were not great.
If you like working in cubicles all day, then you will like this company. Management was pretty laid back, easy going, and do not micromanage their employees. The co-workers were easy to work with and team players. The hardest part of the job was my drive to work. The most enjoyable part was not being micro-managed. The health care benefits were decent. – more... Not bad but not real great either. The pay was a little higher than the industry average. Good work/life balance. – less
Ok
Design Engineer Helicopter Manufacturer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 23, 2014
I is an ok place to work with a culture change in the environment.
companey did not care about emplyees
CNC Mill Machinist/Setup (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 18, 2014
The six years I was there, I was laid off 4 times. spent more time in other depts. than in the one I was hired in at,.learned a lot about different other types of materials in aerospace machining.
Good Experience
Procurement IPT Lead – Airframe (Current Employee), Hurst, TXJanuary 12, 2014
I enjoy working at Bell Helicopter. The atmosphere is challenging, and the work is just as exciting as the day I walked in to work.
Very satifying career
Form Tool Grinder (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: poor management most of the time
The job was very demanding as far as the output that was required. The work was very close tolerance, and I took a great deal of pride in being able to do this type of work.
Company open door policy
Proposal Manager and Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Hurst, TXJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: time flexibilities
Cons: the forced use of vacation during company shutdowns.
Bell is going through an Age change between the guards. Bell is presently trying to revamp it infrastructure to meet current customer needs.

I have learned to be much more flexible through changes.

Co-workers were easy to get along with at Bell.

I would not say it was hard at all except when Government decision took long to decide to approve a Class – more... I or Class II change.

Company Benefits were great along with the flexibility in the medical savings plans. – less
Great company
Electrical Assembler (Current Employee), amarillo txJanuary 1, 2014
 Assemble & Test Electrical cable assemblies and electronic components.
 Read Blueprints, Schematics, Troubleshoot cable assemblies & electronic components with measuring and diagnostic tools, A lot of soldering & crimping with the specific tools needed.
AH-1Z Viper Project
Airframe Design Engineer (Current Employee), Hurst, TXDecember 28, 2013
Pros: great folks, very interesting projects
Cons: employment stability
Its been an excellent opportunity to work with this group of people on the AH-1Z Viper project. They are great folks. This is a military project so I will not talk about the project with any detail. Find your information on the internet that is published.

It was the most in-depth job and project while working on Airframe efforts.

The main downside – more... to working at Bell is they don't seem to have stability and the ability to maintain proper employment for their employees as well as their in-house contract house. May folks are under extreme stress just wondering about maintaining a position for their lively hood. – less
Great guidance if you're looking to learn and grow in your career
Windows 7 Migration Technician (Current Employee), Plano, TXDecember 9, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: lots of walking
The hardest part of the job was pacing yourself to take in all the knowledge around you.
Nice place to work
Product Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee), Hurst, TxDecember 7, 2013
I had a great experience at Bell, ladies all worked well in the office together. I learned several new skills. I really enjoyed my time there.
*******
Flight/Functional Test Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXDecember 5, 2013
Great place to work. Great management. Great compensation.
good
Central Distrabution Center/ Machinist (Former Employee), Arlington/Amarillo TexasNovember 22, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: i live in phoenix
It was a very good experience, I worked in the blade line until we caught them up, then I went to raw castings/material storage.
Then we set up Okuma Lathes in Amarillo.
Management is almost as good as your fellow co-workers.
Avionics Technician Level (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CANovember 21, 2013
Great environment, awesome co-workers, supervisors always have your back.
One of the worst disorganized companies in the aerospace industry
Senior PC&L Configuration Specialist (Former Employee), Hurst, TXNovember 21, 2013
Pros: lunch and breakfast could be payroll deducted
Cons: leaving to go home after a 10 hour work day
A typical day was stressful in regards to management not fully knowing how to run the department and assign work task.
Great company to work for
Machine Finisher (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TexasNovember 13, 2013
Good and comfortable environment, easy to work and get along with my co-workers, satisfied by treatment from employers.

About Bell Helicopter

Bell Helicopter, a Textron company, prefers a light lift and a heavy payload. It is a leading manufacturer of commercial helicopters, – Read more

Bell Helicopter Photos