Bell Helicopter

Bell Helicopter Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and clean workplace
ASSEMBLY ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee), Amarillo TexasOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great environment, clean work area
Cons: excessive parts shortages
A day starts with a beginning of shift meeting with your team, leads and supervisor. Then you labor onto your project that you are assigned to. All tools and equipment are provided to you. Safety is a big deal at Bell and they provide anything that is needed for on and off job safety. labor tracking is also a big thing as well.
Overall a face paced productive company to work for
LEAD AIRCRAFT PAINTER (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXOctober 5, 2014
A typical day as a lead requires me to hold a daily morning crew meeting to discuss safety and daily expectations. This involves working with the supervisor and leads from other shifts in order to make a correct assessment of the day. This position has shown me how to effectively work in a strict environment and conform to all the regulations that are – more... in place for us to follow. – less
It is a interesting company as we sell helicopters to a wide variety of people.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Piney Flats, TNOctober 5, 2014
It is a fast pace environment and we all work as a team to keep the reports up to date and all the invoices paid. We receive emails and phone calls with problems of short paid or skipped payments. We try to explain and solve the problems one at a time. We have to work close with the purchasing department and receiving to make sure what the invoice has – more... billed us is correct. If it is showing up in the computer system different than he invoice then we have to contact the correct department to get it verified before we input the invoice for payment. By the end of the week, as we right checks normally once a week, we print the checks and put them in the mail to reach the vendor on a timely manner. I do FedEx packages as needed and I also take payments from our customers over the phone by credit card. Then I will email them a receipt for their records and put a receipt in the file for our records. I take care of record retention to send off site to keep for the time frame required to keep. We keep 2 years on hand at the office to be able to answer questions in case the customers records disagree with ours. If my manager needs me to stop and help on a more urgent project than I am more than ready to help and get it completed. – less
dreary repetitive work, can be difficult to get recognized by management
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: good work/life balance, pay is industry standard
Cons: terrible corporate culture and company direction.
Standard typical day for aerospace industry, with good and benefits. People are great and its easy to make friends.

Distant management, poor decision are frequently made and there is little to no accountability in the upper organization. This is a company on a downward trajectory and without a solution to curb it.
Manager (Current Employee), Hurst, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Bell is a great employer with attractive pay and benefits. you will be challenged on a daily basis and be expected to contribute to the bottom line no matter where you work.
great pay and benefits.
Supply Chain Dispatcher/Material Handler (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: working with people
loved working for this company and the people I worked with were fantastic most times. Over time was plenty and pay was very good. would accept work there again.
it was a very stressful place
Global Trade Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Bell use to be a great place to work, but lately Bell is the opposite and you always worry about being let go
Great Company
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXAugust 26, 2014
Great work life balance. Management cares about staff and growth of individuals. Co-workers are great and loving.
Productive with an eye towards the future.
Current Worker (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: knowledgable co-workers. pro military.
Cons: some outsourcing.
Utilizes talent inside an outside of the company to promote production of top quality vertical lift vehicles for commercial and military.

Currently have the opportunity to learn new things daily.

Camaraderie of co-workers promotes laughter daily.
Good companuy to work for
Preservationist (Former Employee), Hurst, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: terrible hours
Typical day began at 3:30 pm and ended at 00:00.Wrapping and packing helicopter parts as well as preserving them in special oils and chemicals.
This company takes care of there employees.
H-1 Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee), CaliforniaAugust 13, 2014
Pros: pay, benifits
An absolutely awesome company to work for. Good pay/benefits. Fun.
productive and fun place to work. Great people with great attitudes.
Manufacturing Engineer / Planner (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free environment
Cons: had to punch time clock
Excellent benefits for non contract labor......high pay for contravt labor.
At Bell Helicopter for 29 years.
Tool Design Clerk (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: security
Bell was good to me in providing me with a good living. The main thing I'm not happy about is the job security. It doesn't matter what your job is, that when they cut people if your number is up, you're gone.
Loved it
Associate Contract Representative (Former Employee), Hurst, TXJuly 7, 2014
I absolutely loved working at Bell. Unfortunately, working as a part-time person, I was hit by the first round of layoffs in 2013. Would go back at any time though.
Good
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 24, 2014
Through Textron I became Black Belt Ceritifed
My Co-workers were some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure to know.
Frequent changes in direction frustrated workers.
Engineer (Former Employee), Hurst, TXJune 24, 2014
Recent years came with some improvement to consistency in the direction the company was moving.
Laid back work environment.
Senior Software Engineer Specialist (Former Employee), Hurst, TXJune 23, 2014
Too many layers of management. Cronyism is rampant at this company.
I loved it!
Executive Assistant / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJune 22, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: layoff
I worked with a wonderful group of people that made it a joy to go to work everyday .

I had opportunities to take rides on helicopters, meet people from all over the world and it was fun. I worked with the government in putting together reports for them, I learned some things in my short time there about the different aircrafts that Bell designed and – more... built. It was a fascinating place to work. I had great supervisors and co-workers.

Unfortunately in this industry - layoffs were always around the corner and my position was affected by it. So my career was cut short but it was one of my most favorite jobs. – less
Hard times
Engineer III (Current Employee), Hurst, TXJune 21, 2014
Pros: good work atmosphere and ability to work your own hours provided the job gets done.
Cons: recent layoffs and lack of advancement for engineer iii's.
I've definitely enjoyed my time at Bell Helicopter and would not be unhappy if I had the opportunity to further advance my career there. Nevertheless, Bell has fallen on hard times and unfortunately, had to lay off several good people. Myself and several of my co-workers have obvious concern for our jobs and opportunities of advancement.
Great Place to work great Suervisors
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Piney Flats, TNJune 13, 2014
Pros: pay, people and shifts
Cons: to far from home
Great to lace to work and build Helicopters. Great Leads and fellow employees easy to work with great people.

About Bell Helicopter

Bell Helicopter, a Textron company, prefers a light lift and a heavy payload. It is a leading manufacturer of commercial helicopters, – Read more

Bell Helicopter Photos