Bell Helicopter

Bell Helicopter Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
High stress with good pay.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Fort Worth TXOctober 20, 2014
High stress with good pay and benefits. Enjoyed co-workers and found very knowledgeable people throughout the company.
productive place to work for.
material bonder A (Former Employee), Hurst, TXOctober 16, 2014
productive and fun workplace , co-workers were very friendly.
Nice people to work with
IT (Former Employee), Hurst, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: talented, dedicated work staff
Cons: layoffs, poor management, terrible insight into future markets.
Bell used to be a very nice place to work as evidenced by the number of people who had 20+ years of service with the company. However, they have done a very poor job of adjusting to government cuts and now find themselves having to cut some of these seasoned, talented people and overworking the current staff. There was a term back in the '80s that described – more... companies who overworked and underpaid people..It was called a 'Sweatshop'....That is what Bell Helicopter has become. If the government contracts don't come back, I see a long road ahead for Bell because they have no place to turn but to commercial markets and they are way behind the competition. – less
Great experience and team
Senior Test Specialist (Former Employee), Hurst, TXOctober 11, 2014
Pros: great experience and team
Cons: time constraints
My typical 8-hour work day began with morning status meetings with management, and then proceeding-on with my scheduled calibrations.

My experience taught me effective, efficient methods to performing calibrations.

My coworkers and I worked well as team. I was fortunate to work with members who were attuned to everyone's strengths; there was no competitive – more... nature. It was pleasant that we were all "on the same page" with regard to the goals and objectives -- something that we were reminded of daily to remain focused on the tasks at hand.

The hardest part of the position was balancing management expectations within time constraints. This taught me, however, to be more effective with time management and have an open dialogue with management about priorities.

The most enjoyable part of the job with Bell was a combination of doing the job that I felt confident in alongside with a competent team. I actually enjoyed the mechanics of calibration. – less
It was a great place to work.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXOctober 9, 2014
Pros: schedules raise. exlant work condotion.
Cons: job security is based on defence contracts.
Very good place to work. competitive compensation and benefits.
Productive and exciting place to work.
Material Dispatcher (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXOctober 8, 2014
Pros: safe and clean work enviroment
Cons: layoffs often
Being part of a team. Supplying tools for manufacturing and watching them build the aircraft.
Productive and clean workplace
ASSEMBLY ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee), Amarillo TexasOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great environment, clean work area
Cons: excessive parts shortages
A day starts with a beginning of shift meeting with your team, leads and supervisor. Then you labor onto your project that you are assigned to. All tools and equipment are provided to you. Safety is a big deal at Bell and they provide anything that is needed for on and off job safety. labor tracking is also a big thing as well.
Overall a face paced productive company to work for
LEAD AIRCRAFT PAINTER (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXOctober 5, 2014
A typical day as a lead requires me to hold a daily morning crew meeting to discuss safety and daily expectations. This involves working with the supervisor and leads from other shifts in order to make a correct assessment of the day. This position has shown me how to effectively work in a strict environment and conform to all the regulations that are – more... in place for us to follow. – less
It is a interesting company as we sell helicopters to a wide variety of people.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Piney Flats, TNOctober 5, 2014
It is a fast pace environment and we all work as a team to keep the reports up to date and all the invoices paid. We receive emails and phone calls with problems of short paid or skipped payments. We try to explain and solve the problems one at a time. We have to work close with the purchasing department and receiving to make sure what the invoice has – more... billed us is correct. If it is showing up in the computer system different than he invoice then we have to contact the correct department to get it verified before we input the invoice for payment. By the end of the week, as we right checks normally once a week, we print the checks and put them in the mail to reach the vendor on a timely manner. I do FedEx packages as needed and I also take payments from our customers over the phone by credit card. Then I will email them a receipt for their records and put a receipt in the file for our records. I take care of record retention to send off site to keep for the time frame required to keep. We keep 2 years on hand at the office to be able to answer questions in case the customers records disagree with ours. If my manager needs me to stop and help on a more urgent project than I am more than ready to help and get it completed. – less
dreary repetitive work, can be difficult to get recognized by management
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: good work/life balance, pay is industry standard
Cons: terrible corporate culture and company direction.
Standard typical day for aerospace industry, with good and benefits. People are great and its easy to make friends.

Distant management, poor decision are frequently made and there is little to no accountability in the upper organization. This is a company on a downward trajectory and without a solution to curb it.
Manager (Current Employee), Hurst, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Bell is a great employer with attractive pay and benefits. you will be challenged on a daily basis and be expected to contribute to the bottom line no matter where you work.
great pay and benefits.
Supply Chain Dispatcher/Material Handler (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: working with people
loved working for this company and the people I worked with were fantastic most times. Over time was plenty and pay was very good. would accept work there again.
it was a very stressful place
Global Trade Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Bell use to be a great place to work, but lately Bell is the opposite and you always worry about being let go
Great Company
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXAugust 26, 2014
Great work life balance. Management cares about staff and growth of individuals. Co-workers are great and loving.
Productive with an eye towards the future.
Current Worker (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: knowledgable co-workers. pro military.
Cons: some outsourcing.
Utilizes talent inside an outside of the company to promote production of top quality vertical lift vehicles for commercial and military.

Currently have the opportunity to learn new things daily.

Camaraderie of co-workers promotes laughter daily.
Good companuy to work for
Preservationist (Former Employee), Hurst, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: terrible hours
Typical day began at 3:30 pm and ended at 00:00.Wrapping and packing helicopter parts as well as preserving them in special oils and chemicals.
This company takes care of there employees.
H-1 Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee), CaliforniaAugust 13, 2014
Pros: pay, benifits
An absolutely awesome company to work for. Good pay/benefits. Fun.
productive and fun place to work. Great people with great attitudes.
Manufacturing Engineer / Planner (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free environment
Cons: had to punch time clock
Excellent benefits for non contract labor......high pay for contravt labor.
At Bell Helicopter for 29 years.
Tool Design Clerk (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: security
Bell was good to me in providing me with a good living. The main thing I'm not happy about is the job security. It doesn't matter what your job is, that when they cut people if your number is up, you're gone.
Loved it
Associate Contract Representative (Former Employee), Hurst, TXJuly 7, 2014
I absolutely loved working at Bell. Unfortunately, working as a part-time person, I was hit by the first round of layoffs in 2013. Would go back at any time though.

About Bell Helicopter

Bell Helicopter, a Textron company, prefers a light lift and a heavy payload. It is a leading manufacturer of commercial helicopters, – Read more

Bell Helicopter Photos