Bell Helicopter Employee Reviews

material planner
material planner (Former Employee) –  mirabel,qc6 August 2015
My typical day at work consist expect the unexpected which was the beauty of my work.my daily tasks to start with but as time advances ,a email,a phone call changes my skedule in order to solve a crisis in the building or throughout canada.extremely enjoyable since i loved my job plus excellent teamwork.
Ive learned to appreciate my job, learned to appreciate my enviroment,people working with and also how to put harmony and laughter in stressful moments.
My co -workers are my team and my team is my crew and all for 1 and 1 for all.teamwork brings you wherever you want to be successful which consists of listening and helping one another.
The hardest part of my job i got say is when we don't have control on certain situations that are not met and we,ve done everything in our power to do so.
The most enjoyable part of my job is everything that consists of: people very important,teamwork,supporting one another,encouraging and being positive,aiming the same goal,having fun and enjoying our work alone and together.
Manager and Controller provides career growth to all employees
Finance Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2015
Bell Helicopter is really fun place to work. Managers and Controller always have positive attitude towards work. You strive to learn more because their mentoring was superb. Safety is always Bell Helicopter's #1 priority. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction and camaraderie between colleagues.
Pros
Recognize work
Cons
Long hours during month end close and reporting
Challenging, full of action and fun
Planner-Buyer (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC29 June 2015
Reports review and taking actions (purchasing-planning, acceleration, deceleration and cancellation), reviewing of ROP and blanket orders.Production expedites, providing tracking numbers and delivery dates.Return to vendors. Other plants management of demand. Reception problems to solve DRIP. Accounts payable differences. Helping and trainning other buyers with MIN-MAX planning. Updating all information on the system from Accel, deccel and cancel actions. Helping Bell Chihuahua, Mexico with their MIN-Max planning.
I learn to use the system to make the planning of the MIN-MAX and to use all the systems, Legacy, SAP, Enovia.
The co-workers were all the time wealling to help if I need and I was also wealling to help if they need me.
The most enjoyable part was working there, I love to work.
Pros
Very nice people, enjoyable work environment
Cons
Company is lower sizing
commentaires
assembleur mécanique (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC19 May 2015
Étant retraité de chez Bell Helicopter j'y ai passé 25 ans. J'ai aimé mon expérience. Beaucoup d'opportunité à apprendre différents postes, formation adéquate au type de travail. L'aspect le plus difficile fut de s'assurer de la qualité des pièces montées mais fut aussi un défi fort apprécié qui nous permet de se dépasser. Pour ce qui est de la supervision, je n'ai jamais eu de problème à être dirigé ou supervisé.
Disorganized and unprofessional for the most part
Senior Mechanical Designer BH (Former Employee) –  Saint Therese12 May 2015
-A typical day at work was an exercise in finding out what was going on and how I fit into the grand scheme.
-I got to brush up on my V4 skills and was given a couple of V6 classes
-My manager was off sick mostly so I ended up working for someone who it seemed would rather I didn`t bother him while he planned to take over the original guy`s job.
-Other than my supervisor everyone there was helpful, jovial and talented.
-The hardest part of the job was dealing with my supervisor and getting work released. I wasn`t properly shown how it was done.
- My co-workers made the experience bearable.
Pros
My co-workers professionalism, dedication and helpfulness
Cons
seeming rudderless direction and lack of communication.
Prospérer dans sa carrière
ASSEMBLEUR STRUCTURAL ET FORMATEUR (Former Employee) –  Mirabel-aux-Baronnies, B910 December 2014
J'ai débuter chez Bell Helicopter au projet et développement du Bell 429. Ainsi, la facilité de travailler avec tout le groupe support. Par la suite, on m'a donné le titre de formateur au Mexique durant 2 ans.
Environnement
réception des pièces (Former Employee) –  Mirabel15 November 2014
Environnement tres agreable
Bonne condition de travail.
Salaire compétitif.
Beaucoup d'avantages sociaux
COMMIS TECHNIQUE (INGÉNIERIE) (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC20 October 2014
J'ai apprécié les dix années à travailler chez Bell. J'ai beaucoup appris et je me suis sentie très utile.
Pros
Atmosphère agréable
Cons
Beaucoup de mise à pied
Excellent
Normal Hours
Overtime paid
excellent EHS
Pros
Cons
Na
Productive and Fun place to work in
Lead Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 September 2014
learned a lot about the vertical lift world, people are close in terms of working closely together and knowing each others.

Want to know more about Bell Helicopter?

Ask a question
Excellente expérience
Traductrice (Former Employee) –  Mirabel-Gaspé (Québec)14 July 2014
Cette entreprise a su me faire confiance en me permettant de travailler à distance, de la maison. Je leur en suis très reconnaissante.
Bonne entreprise
Technicien de Laboratoire M&P (Former Employee) –  Mirabel-aux-Baronnies, B97 July 2014
Si on ne compte pas la sécurité d'emploi, c'est une excellente compagnie. Elle offre des opportunités d'évoluer dans notre carrière.
Pros
Bon ratio jeune et vieux.
Cons
Siège éjectable a tous moment
CONTRÔLEUR DE PRODUCTION (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC20 June 2014
Compagnie agréable pour approfondir ses compétences
Compagnie en pleine restructuration
A typical day
System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QC29 November 2013
what is a Typical day at work:

Eh, Eh Eh come here!! My colleges are looking forward to work with me. I am a Customer oriented person.

What you learned:

It's all about People and communication. They only put computer in front of us to distract us from our goals....Communicating......If you are technically knowledgeable, it all about communicating...If you are a communicator, it's all about knowing new technologies. Different profiles; different challenges!

Co-workers: it's all about respect, fun and mostly sharing knowledge to make the employees more independent in executing their daily tasks and jobs efficiently.

The hardest part of the job: Well again it's all about dealing with people. Isn't that what life is all about?

The most enjoyable part of the job: Well again, it's all about the people, sharing, developing ourselves with other co-workers, sharing experiences (whether they are work related or not) It can also be personal experiences related to children, aging parents which are also life challenges and experiences which are of actuality and may have impact on your work from time to time.
Pros
paid parkings, working from home, near home
Cons
May required overtime
This was a wonderful job. Lots of new aspects to learn daily about helicopters
Warehouse Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2013
Responsibilities for this position included daily cycle counts of all product to ensure inventory counts were accurate. Picking, packing and shipping of all orders for commercial and military customers. I learned how to manifest proper customs forms for sending internationally. My co workers were incredible to work with and made it seem like less of a job and more fun.
Pros
Great hours and wonderful co workers
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
Nice place to work
Mechanical engineer - Methods process (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QC10 June 2013
amazing co workers
team orientated
relaxed environment everyone is friendly and professional
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
location
internship
Internship, Avionics (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC6 May 2012
The ambiance was great, I was there for 3 months only for an internship.