Bell Helicopter

Bell Helicopter Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fun place to work in
Lead Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 4, 2014
learned a lot about the vertical lift world, people are close in terms of working closely together and knowing each others.
A TYPICAL DAY
System Specialist (Current Employee), Mirabel, QCNovember 29, 2013
Pros: paid parkings, working from home, near home
Cons: may required overtime
what is a Typical day at work:

Eh, Eh Eh come here!! My colleges are looking forward to work with me. I am a Customer oriented person.

What you learned:

It's all about People and communication. They only put computer in front of us to distract us from our goals....Communicating......If you are technically knowledgeable, it all about communicating...If – more... you are a communicator, it's all about knowing new technologies. Different profiles; different challenges!

Co-workers: it's all about respect, fun and mostly sharing knowledge to make the employees more independent in executing their daily tasks and jobs efficiently.

The hardest part of the job: Well again it's all about dealing with people. Isn't that what life is all about?

The most enjoyable part of the job: Well again, it's all about the people, sharing, developing ourselves with other co-workers, sharing experiences (whether they are work related or not) It can also be personal experiences related to children, aging parents which are also life challenges and experiences which are of actuality and may have impact on your work from time to time. – less
This was a wonderful job. Lots of new aspects to learn daily about helicopters
Warehouse Order Processor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 20, 2013
Pros: great hours and wonderful co workers
Cons: standing for long periods of time
Responsibilities for this position included daily cycle counts of all product to ensure inventory counts were accurate. Picking, packing and shipping of all orders for commercial and military customers. I learned how to manifest proper customs forms for sending internationally. My co workers were incredible to work with and made it seem like less of – more... a job and more fun. – less
Nice place to work
Mechanical engineer - Methods process (Current Employee), Mirabel, QCJune 10, 2013
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: location
amazing co workers
team orientated
relaxed environment everyone is friendly and professional
internship
Internship, Avionics (Former Employee), Mirabel, QCMay 6, 2012
The ambiance was great, I was there for 3 months only for an internship.
dreary repetitive work, can be difficult to get recognized by management
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: good work/life balance, pay is industry standard
Cons: terrible corporate culture and company direction.
Standard typical day for aerospace industry, with good and benefits. People are great and its easy to make friends.

Distant management, poor decision are frequently made and there is little to no accountability in the upper organization. This is a company on a downward trajectory and without a solution to curb it.
Manager (Current Employee), Hurst, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Bell is a great employer with attractive pay and benefits. you will be challenged on a daily basis and be expected to contribute to the bottom line no matter where you work.
great pay and benefits.
Supply Chain Dispatcher/Material Handler (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: working with people
loved working for this company and the people I worked with were fantastic most times. Over time was plenty and pay was very good. would accept work there again.
it was a very stressful place
Global Trade Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Bell use to be a great place to work, but lately Bell is the opposite and you always worry about being let go
Great Company
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXAugust 26, 2014
Great work life balance. Management cares about staff and growth of individuals. Co-workers are great and loving.
Productive with an eye towards the future.
Current Worker (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: knowledgable co-workers. pro military.
Cons: some outsourcing.
Utilizes talent inside an outside of the company to promote production of top quality vertical lift vehicles for commercial and military.

Currently have the opportunity to learn new things daily.

Camaraderie of co-workers promotes laughter daily.
Good companuy to work for
Preservationist (Former Employee), Hurst, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: terrible hours
Typical day began at 3:30 pm and ended at 00:00.Wrapping and packing helicopter parts as well as preserving them in special oils and chemicals.
This company takes care of there employees.
H-1 Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee), CaliforniaAugust 13, 2014
Pros: pay, benifits
An absolutely awesome company to work for. Good pay/benefits. Fun.
productive and fun place to work. Great people with great attitudes.
Manufacturing Engineer / Planner (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free environment
Cons: had to punch time clock
Excellent benefits for non contract labor......high pay for contravt labor.
At Bell Helicopter for 29 years.
Tool Design Clerk (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: security
Bell was good to me in providing me with a good living. The main thing I'm not happy about is the job security. It doesn't matter what your job is, that when they cut people if your number is up, you're gone.
Loved it
Associate Contract Representative (Former Employee), Hurst, TXJuly 7, 2014
I absolutely loved working at Bell. Unfortunately, working as a part-time person, I was hit by the first round of layoffs in 2013. Would go back at any time though.
Good
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 24, 2014
Through Textron I became Black Belt Ceritifed
My Co-workers were some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure to know.
Frequent changes in direction frustrated workers.
Engineer (Former Employee), Hurst, TXJune 24, 2014
Recent years came with some improvement to consistency in the direction the company was moving.
Laid back work environment.
Senior Software Engineer Specialist (Former Employee), Hurst, TXJune 23, 2014
Too many layers of management. Cronyism is rampant at this company.
I loved it!
Executive Assistant / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJune 22, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: layoff
I worked with a wonderful group of people that made it a joy to go to work everyday .

I had opportunities to take rides on helicopters, meet people from all over the world and it was fun. I worked with the government in putting together reports for them, I learned some things in my short time there about the different aircrafts that Bell designed and – more... built. It was a fascinating place to work. I had great supervisors and co-workers.

Unfortunately in this industry - layoffs were always around the corner and my position was affected by it. So my career was cut short but it was one of my most favorite jobs. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Bell Helicopter

Bell Helicopter, a Textron company, prefers a light lift and a heavy payload. It is a leading manufacturer of commercial helicopters, – Read more

Bell Helicopter Photos