Bell Helicopter Employee Reviews in Canada

Compagnie avec de belles valeurs de santé sécurité
ASSEMBLEUR ÉLECTRIQUE (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QCMarch 23, 2016
Équipe de travail agréable ou on peu toujours développer de nouvelles habiletés.
Respect et reconnaissance de la part de la suppervision.
Le plus difficile étant de devoir travailler sur des horaires en rotation.
Le métier d'assembleur électrique me passionne.
Expert in Next Generation Traffic Control using the ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcasting) Systems
Sr. Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecFebruary 25, 2016
With 36 years of experience in Aeronautics Industry and 21 years at Bell Helicopter as a specialist in Avionics/Electrical Systems.
My daily work was always executed with the highest level of quality standard that is oriented to customer satisfaction.
The most recent achievement was becoming an expert in the Next Generation Air Traffic Control and Navigation using the ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcasting) Systems.
Pros
Quality and accurate work
Cons
Never accept repetitive errors.
A very dynamic environment of experienced professionals whom are very willing to teach junior engineers.
Avionics- Wiring & Install, IPT 412 (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QCDecember 27, 2015
A typical day at work would start with the daily meeting (20-30 mins) in which every team member updates the project managers and the Integration Production Team Lead (IPTL) with their progress and checklist, share any concerns about the progress moving forward, assigned new outstanding tasks. I would then go to my desk, start working on the project of highest priority (priority changes according to the deadlines and delivery dates). I started at 8h and finished at around 17h sometimes after if there is a rush.

I have learned a great deal not only from the tasks I took on my own and the challenges that I had to tackle but also from talking to professionals who always shared their experiences with me. I learned how to operate CATIA V4 and V6 and that was new because I had only been using V5. I learned how to use ENOVIA. I grew my knowledge in design being assigned several projects as the design engineer where I had to follow engineering procedures and FAARs standards in order to meet the requirements and find a design solution, keeping cost at low as possible without compromising reliability or performance. I was part of production support on the 412 EPI so that involved doing the engineering changes for maintenance and reliability improvement. Some tasks I took on involved making engineering changes on CAD software and drafting the new drawings with the changes and then generating Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) in ENOVIA. Having the factory line right there inside the plant was great because you get to get a good visual and learn more talking to the manufacturing engineers.
  more...

My co-workers were really great, they were all very approachable and very helpful. They taught me a lot during working hours and they were always fun to talk to after we clock out. I still keep in touch with a few of them.

The hardest part of the job was the most enjoyable part at the same time; that is operating under constant pressure and expectation to meet the deadlines. I enjoyed working under pressure because it really tested my skills. I learned that I can work on several projects and keep up with the changing requirements and for me that was great. Although everyone on the team had a lot of tasks to complete, everyone was still assisting one another with their tasks if needed while managing to keep a smile on their faces.

There is a lot more to share because it was a very rich experience.
Pros
Great food at the Cafeteria
Cons
Nothing very significant
client oriented configurations
Assembleur Électrique (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QCSeptember 2, 2015
Organising, preparing, installing and troubleshooting the different configurations according to the client needs.
Excellent working conditions. Excellent profit sharing plan and retiremnt benefits.
Desktop Publisher/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QCAugust 14, 2015
The Technical Publications dept is a very focused one. All work that goes out of this department must be exceptional because the customers rely on accurate and clear information in our manuals. The hardest part of this job for me is that I miss the excitement and challenge of doing many different things in a day. It is more of a one function type of job. I do enjoy releasing publications however that are challenging and where I learn something.
material planner
material planner (Former Employee) –  mirabel,qcAugust 6, 2015
My typical day at work consist expect the unexpected which was the beauty of my work.my daily tasks to start with but as time advances ,a email,a phone call changes my skedule in order to solve a crisis in the building or throughout canada.extremely enjoyable since i loved my job plus excellent teamwork.
Ive learned to appreciate my job, learned to appreciate my enviroment,people working with and also how to put harmony and laughter in stressful moments.
My co -workers are my team and my team is my crew and all for 1 and 1 for all.teamwork brings you wherever you want to be successful which consists of listening and helping one another.
The hardest part of my job i got say is when we don't have control on certain situations that are not met and we,ve done everything in our power to do so.
The most enjoyable part of my job is everything that consists of: people very important,teamwork,supporting one another,encouraging and being positive,aiming the same goal,having fun and enjoying our work alone and together.
Manager and Controller provides career growth to all employees
Finance Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 5, 2015
Bell Helicopter is really fun place to work. Managers and Controller always have positive attitude towards work. You strive to learn more because their mentoring was superb. Safety is always Bell Helicopter's #1 priority. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction and camaraderie between colleagues.
Pros
Recognize work
Cons
Long hours during month end close and reporting
Challenging, full of action and fun
Planner-Buyer (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QCJune 29, 2015
Reports review and taking actions (purchasing-planning, acceleration, deceleration and cancellation), reviewing of ROP and blanket orders.Production expedites, providing tracking numbers and delivery dates.Return to vendors. Other plants management of demand. Reception problems to solve DRIP. Accounts payable differences. Helping and trainning other buyers with MIN-MAX planning. Updating all information on the system from Accel, deccel and cancel actions. Helping Bell Chihuahua, Mexico with their MIN-Max planning.
I learn to use the system to make the planning of the MIN-MAX and to use all the systems, Legacy, SAP, Enovia.
The co-workers were all the time wealling to help if I need and I was also wealling to help if they need me.
The most enjoyable part was working there, I love to work.
Pros
Very nice people, enjoyable work environment
Cons
Company is lower sizing
Disorganized and unprofessional for the most part
Senior Mechanical Designer BH (Former Employee) –  Saint ThereseMay 12, 2015
-A typical day at work was an exercise in finding out what was going on and how I fit into the grand scheme.
-I got to brush up on my V4 skills and was given a couple of V6 classes
-My manager was off sick mostly so I ended up working for someone who it seemed would rather I didn`t bother him while he planned to take over the original guy`s job.
-Other than my supervisor everyone there was helpful, jovial and talented.
-The hardest part of the job was dealing with my supervisor and getting work released. I wasn`t properly shown how it was done.
- My co-workers made the experience bearable.
Pros
My co-workers professionalism, dedication and helpfulness
Cons
seeming rudderless direction and lack of communication.
Excellent
Sr. SAP MM Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mirabel - FW TexasSeptember 24, 2014
Excellent
All fine
Nice environment
High quality
Normal Hours
Overtime paid
excellent EHS
Pros
all
Cons
na
Productive and Fun place to work in
Lead Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 4, 2014
learned a lot about the vertical lift world, people are close in terms of working closely together and knowing each others.
A TYPICAL DAY
System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QCNovember 29, 2013
what is a Typical day at work:

Eh, Eh Eh come here!! My colleges are looking forward to work with me. I am a Customer oriented person.

What you learned:

It's all about People and communication. They only put computer in front of us to distract us from our goals....Communicating......If you are technically knowledgeable, it all about communicating...If you are a communicator, it's all about knowing new technologies. Different profiles; different challenges!

Co-workers: it's all about respect, fun and mostly sharing knowledge to make the employees more independent in executing their daily tasks and jobs efficiently.

The hardest part of the job: Well again it's all about dealing with people. Isn't that what life is all about?

The most enjoyable part of the job: Well again, it's all about the people, sharing, developing ourselves with other co-workers, sharing experiences (whether they are work related or not) It can also be personal experiences related to children, aging parents which are also life challenges and experiences which are of actuality and may have impact on your work from time to time.
Pros
paid parkings, working from home, near home
Cons
may required overtime
This was a wonderful job. Lots of new aspects to learn daily about helicopters
Warehouse Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 20, 2013
Responsibilities for this position included daily cycle counts of all product to ensure inventory counts were accurate. Picking, packing and shipping of all orders for commercial and military customers. I learned how to manifest proper customs forms for sending internationally. My co workers were incredible to work with and made it seem like less of a job and more fun.
Pros
great hours and wonderful co workers
Cons
standing for long periods of time
Nice place to work
Mechanical engineer - Methods process (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QCJune 10, 2013
amazing co workers
team orientated
relaxed environment everyone is friendly and professional
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
location
internship
Internship, Avionics (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QCMay 6, 2012
The ambiance was great, I was there for 3 months only for an internship.
Bonne entreprise
Qc (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QCJune 4, 2016
Endroit agréable et bonne équipe, axé sur la qualité et les délais de livraison.
...
assembleur en materiaux composites (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QCApril 22, 2016
Très bon salaire
Bon avantages sociaux
Pas de sécurité d'emploi
N/a
Concepteur d'outillage (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QCApril 14, 2016
Fabrication de moules et de gabarits pour la fabrication de pièces et d'assemblage de détails hélicoptère.
Environnement de travail, avantage sociaux et salaire exceptionnel
Outilleur matériaux composites (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QCApril 13, 2016
Environnement de travail qui répond hautement aux exigences en santé, sécurité et environnement.

Salaire hautement compétitif dans le secteur de l'aéronautique.
Pros
Grande cafétéria avec repas varié et a bon prix.
Travail d'équipe et collaboration du personnel
Liaison MRB et le groupe IMT Structure & IPT (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QCApril 12, 2016
Une journée typique chez Bell Helicopter pour le support de la production s'organise à travers les observations des inspecteurs sur la ligne de production. Le travail amène un travail d'équipe soudé et une collaboration des employés de production, le personnel de la qualité ainsi que des différents groupes de l'ingénierie. J'apprécie particulièrement cette dimension de travailler avec toute les disciplines de l'aéronautique avec le champs libre. L'aspect le plus difficile de ce poste réside dans la patience. Il est difficile de faire changer les choses puisque cela implique beaucoup de considération.

2.8