Bell Helicopter

Bell Helicopter Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fun place to work in
Lead Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 4, 2014
learned a lot about the vertical lift world, people are close in terms of working closely together and knowing each others.
A TYPICAL DAY
System Specialist (Current Employee), Mirabel, QCNovember 29, 2013
Pros: paid parkings, working from home, near home
Cons: may required overtime
what is a Typical day at work:

Eh, Eh Eh come here!! My colleges are looking forward to work with me. I am a Customer oriented person.

What you learned:

It's all about People and communication. They only put computer in front of us to distract us from our goals....Communicating......If you are technically knowledgeable, it all about communicating...If you are a communicator, it's all about knowing new technologies. Different profiles; different challenges!

Co-workers: it's all about respect, fun and mostly sharing knowledge to make the employees more independent in executing their daily tasks and jobs efficiently.

The hardest part of the job: Well again it's all about dealing with people. Isn't that what life is all about?

The most enjoyable part of the job: Well again, it's all about the people, sharing, developing ourselves with other co-workers, sharing experiences (whether they are work related or not) It can also be personal experiences related to children, aging parents which are also life challenges and experiences which are of actuality and may have impact on your work from time to time.
This was a wonderful job. Lots of new aspects to learn daily about helicopters
Warehouse Order Processor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 20, 2013
Pros: great hours and wonderful co workers
Cons: standing for long periods of time
Responsibilities for this position included daily cycle counts of all product to ensure inventory counts were accurate. Picking, packing and shipping of all orders for commercial and military customers. I learned how to manifest proper customs forms for sending internationally. My co workers were incredible to work with and made it seem like less of a job and more fun.
Nice place to work
Mechanical engineer - Methods process (Current Employee), Mirabel, QCJune 10, 2013
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: location
amazing co workers
team orientated
relaxed environment everyone is friendly and professional
internship
Internship, Avionics (Former Employee), Mirabel, QCMay 6, 2012
The ambiance was great, I was there for 3 months only for an internship.
Productive and good work environment
Gear Finisher (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 20, 2015
I got to work 1 hour early to visit with friends there. I learned to read blue prints and run machinery. I knew what I was doing and taught others how to do their jobs. I was made lead man as a reward. My co-workers were my friends. The hardest part of my job was dealing with engineers until I proved that I knew what I was talking about when changing the way an operation was done. Working with friends was the most enjoyable part of my job.
The best paying job ever
Bellhelicopter/Textron (Former Employee), Hurst, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: double time holidays
Cons: i really liked my job. there wasn't any
Great place to work, management was fair they were honest and worked hard for their people. co-workers were like family. The hard part was working 12 hours a day but the pay was the best. The worst was leaving on a forced layoff. Having a union job was great experience.
Excellent job but poor management and job security
Training Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Great learning experience, multicultural level when dealing with customers from all over the world.

Poor Management and no job security due to financial issues in the company.
Good place to work.
Production Engineer (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: multiple areas to work
Cons: hard to advance
Corrected MFG Planning as needed, worked Tooling issues and solved problems with vendor parts that did not work as engineered.
Some great connections made through the years
Sr. Business/Process Analyst (Former Employee), Fort WorthJanuary 14, 2015
Great opportunities to learn new skills if you are self motivated and inquisitive. Little backing from some management and very inconsistent when it comes to enforcing policies and procedures.
The pay and benefits are better that most, but the work life balance expectations are horrible.
Productive and Inspiring Workplace
Procurement Intern (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: friendly and welcoming environment
Interning there, I was given the opportunity to increase work ethic and excel in the workplace environment.
Quality Assurance Fab inspector (Former Employee), Hurst TexasJanuary 6, 2015
Good place to work, just wish you didn't have to worry about Layoff. Pay and benefits were great. Co workers were good to work with
Productive and Fast Pace Work Environment
Liaison Engineer (Former Employee), AmarilloDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great people to work along side.
Cons: no advancement.
Provided technical support in evaluating defective parts for conformance to engineering design for the H1, OH58, and V22 Programs.

Learn to communicate effectively with multiple departments, government and management personnel while leading projects.

Highly motivated team that is willing to help when ask.

Most enjoyable part of the job is to work on the product that will be used to aid our troops in completing there mission.
Productive and High Paced
Customer Support Sales and Service Manager (Former Employee), Roanoke, TXDecember 15, 2014
Support Customer Sales and Service for our Aftermarket customer
A good place to work.
Quality Bonding Inspector (Former Employee), Hurst, texasDecember 12, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: shift work
8 hour shift
Teamwork.
Pushes product.
Co-workers are generally a good bunch of people.
Hardest part is dealing with shift work.
Most enjoyable was the interaction with other employees and the pride in building Bell Helicopter parts.
Overall good company that is dealing with tough management decisions to help reduce costs to be more competitive in the commercial market.
Manager, Enterprise Planning (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 11, 2014
Pros: satisfaction that productions save lives and protect our freedom.
Cons: economy drives bell's profitability.
Bell, like many companies today, is trying to expand business by introducing new products (helicopters) while reducing cost. Their helicopters are known around the world for dependability and reliability. Products are both military and commercial.

Bell is focusing on new college graduations and military veterans as a new employee pool to help replace its aging work force. It tends to promote from within as the first choice, so those employees that excel at their job have a good opportunity for advancement. As a manufacturing and assembly company, Bell is very process oriented and requires high compliance to same to ensure quality products.

It provides good salaries and health benefits.
Good company, bad management
Manufacturing Operations Specialist/Req. Analyst (Former Employee), Hurst, TXDecember 10, 2014
Bell has a very good reputation for their products.
Management does not manage the company well.
N/A
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Hurst, TXDecember 8, 2014
Great work/life balance. Ups and down in the aerospace world, overall great place.
Very qualified management and engineering personnel.
Senior Avionic Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Hurst, TXNovember 14, 2014
Pros: very qualified engineers and co-workers.
Cons: most engineers are assigned to small cubicals.
• Excellent company to work for.
• Qualified company management.
• Very qualified/capable co-workers.
• Extremely fair with annual appraisal and salary adjustments.
Only if you are desperate for work.
Material Processor A (Former Employee), Hurst, TXNovember 6, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits. progression raises.
Cons: coworkers petty selfishness, management style, slow or no chance for advancement unless you are one of the 'good ole boys'.
A typical day at work was wondering if I would have a job much longer. I learned nothing in the three years I worked there. Management is 50's style. Co-workers, a few nice ones but most were selfish and territorial. There was nothing too difficult for me to handle. I was ignored most of the time. They tried to keep me painted into a corner where I had no freedom of movement and no say in how things were done. I never got any help from management with questions or suggestions - just back talk or the runaround.
The only good things about working there were the pay and benefits. Those were the only two things that kept me from leaving.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bell Helicopter

Bell Helicopter, a Textron company, prefers a light lift and a heavy payload. It is a leading manufacturer of commercial helicopters, – Read more

Bell Helicopter Photos