Administrative/Accounting Assistant – Treasury Department
Headquartered in Vancouver, Belkorp Industries, Inc. (Belkorp), owns and operates a diverse group of companies. From its origins in the packaging industry, Belkorp has evolved into an investment enterprise with operations in four principal areas: real estate, investment management, environmental services, and agricultural equipment dealerships. For additional information on Belkorp please visit our website at www.belkorp.com
We are proud to be involved in several community and cultural initiatives. Belkorp and the Belkin Family together are one of the largest contributors to non-profit causes in the BC Lower Mainland.
Belkorp Industries is seeking applications from suitable candidates for a full-time Administrative and Accounting Assistant in its South Granville Vancouver location. In this newly created position the candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities.
- Prepare routine correspondence
- Update spreadsheets and databases as directed
- Provide relief reception and act as backup for reception
- Provide administrative support
- General filing, photocopy and creating pdf files
- Preparing files for storage and organizing office records
- Supporting others and adhoc duties when required
- Administer and maintain bank accounts (opening, closing etc)
- Prepare reports from databases as directed
- Prepare cash deposits, cash transfers and wires
- Prepare routine tax correspondence.
- Assist with tax filings
- Assist with insurance renewals, filing claims and requesting certificates
- Enter trades and settlements into database
- Update and prepare daily/weekly cash reports
- Data entry into accounting software
- Assist with month/year end accounting process
- Printing and reconciliation with GL
- Month-end reconciliation of accounting data with investment safe keeping records
- Year-end audit assistance as requested
Required skill set:
- 1-2 years experience in an administrative/accounting assistant capacity
- Strong data entry and typing skills
- Detail-oriented, accurate and organized
- Proficient in MS Office (strong skills in Excel and word)
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in written correspondence
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources by May 3, 2013. Alternately, you may also fax your resume and cover letter to (604) 688-3569.
Please do not call Belkorp inquiring about this opportunity. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest.