BELFOR Employee Reviews

Content Tech
Content Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 July 2017
The London warehouse is a joke. The employees are allowed to steal customer contents without any consequences. Employees have done drugs on jobs as well as at the warehouse. Safety isn't at all #1. Overall... this place is a joke. They are nothing but backstabbing, high school drop outs!
Pros
Experience
Cons
Everything you think is wrong... IS!!!
Survival of the popular
General labor, electronic technician, demo tech (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 April 2017
I had dispatch make derogatory comments towards me, verbal assaults by other coworkers whom were deemed "superior" said dispatch, mistakes were made by the crew chief and leveled against whomever chosen, rampant nepotism, then it took almost a year to receive ROE and t4, the pros, like all organizations there are good people, but the environment is such that if you are on the wrong side of anyone in power, they will black ball you from the business the best they can.
Pros
Some friends in the trenches
Cons
Unsafe, unhealthy, unprofessional
Horrible company to work for, if you like high school backstabbing then this place is for you. Management is very poor.
Estimator (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 January 2017
This office needs someone to come in and "clean house" , there is no respect between co-workers and management has created an environment where it is everyone for themselves! No teamwork in this place! The atmosphere is depressing and you dread going to work everyday!
Pros
None!
Cons
List is too long
great company
Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 November 2016
it was a great company to work for I enjoyed my time with them I worked as a temp but they treated me as one of there own. made it very easy to do a great job
Pros
great
Office Politics ridiculous
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canada21 October 2016
Terrible management. Turnover rate is extremely high for lower leveled employees. Organization ruled like a bureaucracy. Backstabbing is real here. Employee morale is generally low. Management does not care about the growth of employees.
Pros
some nice coworkers
Cons
some terrible coworkers can ruin your experience. Low salary.
Everyone talks about co-works
abatement (Former Employee) –  North Sydney, NS15 September 2016
I worked at belfor sydney n.S for 8 yrs and it is all about favoritism and no sincority if you just got hired you would get more hours then people that was there for years plus they got a boss that is not informed
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
The people there talk about co-workers
The worst job I've ever had
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2016
Horrible company to work for. If you like working with people who act like they are in high school, this is the job for you. The backstabbing has got to be the worst I've ever seen. Management should all be fired, they are lazy and vulgar. Head office needs to come down and clean out this place. Very unprofessional place to work.
Pros
Not working there
Do not ask for a raise for 2 years..
Flood tech (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 August 2016
Overall the job is Okay. If you miss high school this is the place for you!
You get to go all over and do different things. Great exercise, most days.
Some of the people are a real joy to work with but, most of the Crew Chiefs are lazy, sit on their phones taking selfies, and try to seem busy with their paper work, or you just cant find them because they're hiding somewhere.

This job is great if you don't have kids or a life for that matter.
They take advantage of the hours you work.
You can do a full day time shift 8-430, then be placed right after for yet another 8 hour shift.
They have On Call and Back Up Crews as they're a 24 hour business. At times you will be called out on a weekend and its not even an emergency which is a real damper and can be frustrating.

They do a very poor job at placing people at jobs someone else has started and not finished, without any real explanation of what needs to be redone or completed.

They do safety meetings at each job daily but, safety isn't any real concern to them.

A lot of the employees including higher up LOVE to gossip! So its best to keep your mouth shut and not give out to much info about yourself or any grievances you may have.
If you aren't part of a circle right away be prepared to deal with lots of uncomfortable situations.

Some of the higher up staff have made myself personally feel uncomfortable and even intimidated. Like i couldn't talk to them.
**Power goes to some peoples heads.**
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
they take advantage of the new people
Productive busy environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 December 2015
Fun and productive. Loved working with my colleagues and learning from them. Always politics, but happens in a big company.
Fun workplace
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 December 2015
Volunteered for one day. I learned how to organize canadian and american money with customers. My co-workers were very nice and helpful. Hardest part was not knowing how to manage the money at cashier, but it got easier as the day went along. Most enjoyable part was prepping food because I love cooking.
productive and understanding
Labor / Restoration (Current Employee) –  Gander, NL10 July 2015
great hands on work. good hours. good people. learned a lot. big on safety. put in a good hard day work. easy to work with. great experiences.
Pros
all positive
Cons
no negative
Great for experience
Flood and Fire Restoration Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2013
My days was warehouse work unloading or loading truck and crates, cleaning and wrapping/boxing all kinds of items from homes. Going through houses belongings that were damaged from either flooding (mould), fire (suet), or sewage back-up (sewage) and listing all items that were salvageable or disposable content. Someways I would go to the damaged home with the crew and list and box or toss content on scene and do demolition work. I learned details of damage to homes and the effects it has to the framing of the houses and the effects the damage has on people.
Some co workers were like family, honest, hard working, and friendly. Some were difficult, to be brutally honest the would stab each other in the back, take everyday as free pay to sit back and relax, and steal belongings from Belfor.
Management was disappointing, nothing was being done about unfair treatment between coworkers.
The hardest part was working in an environment that has a good title throughout the city but behind the face was a huge problem between almost all staff.
The best part was meeting the few that were great to work with that supported each other, and learning so much more about the damage water and fire can do to peoples lives and homes.
Pros
Paychecks were on time
Cons
Underlying problem with management
One of the better companies I have worked for.
Aerotek temp (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2013
Was a good company to work for. Long hours, decent pay. 12 hour days, for up to seven days a week. I enjoyed working there.

We completed fixing the Calgary Zoo in less then 3 weeks. Tools needed to fix the Zoo were a little slow getting there, and not much time for any-thing other then work, but those were really the only negative points of working for the company.

They provided safety gear (P.P.E.), and even provided lunch and water. They were not overly pushy and assignments were completed in a timely fashion. Took a few days for everything to be better organized, but after that it ran very smoothly.

I would definitely recommend this company.
Pros
Pay was good, all the over time you wanted was available, they weren't very pushy or demanding, water and lunch was provided, good leadership for the most part, people were easy to get along with, (p.p.e.) and tools were provided, etc.
Cons
not much time for any-thing but work while with the company, was a little slow getting tools and organized, work came to an end without much notice
Helping home owners who had there lives put on hold due to Flood, Fire or any type of home damage they encountered
Cleaner and documentation clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2013
getting to work and always seeing a friendly face. getting the equipment ready and getting to the place where our help was needed. i learned that when things go wrong that theres a friendly and cost effficient way to fix a disaster that happens in you home, or at work. My co-workers where always helpful and knowledgable about their jobs so when i needed help i wasnt just shown how i was educated so that i may help the next employee understand. i enjoyed everything about working with Belfor.
Pros
helping the client who was in some sort of home disaster whether is be flood fire or wind .
Cons
long commutes and not enough time