Belfor Property Restoration Employee Reviews

Everyday was a new adventure
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 September 2017
I loved my time with this company.
I enjoyed the work which was for the most part the removal of Asbestos and Mould. I loved the fact that every job site was a new adventure.
Great place to work with great people
Content Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 August 2017
Over the past two years that I have worked for this company I have learned a lot in a field I had never worked in before and made some advancement and gained certification.
Awesome People
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC24 February 2017
Relaxed work environment, friendly people.
They understand that life happens to everybody!
Customers First their absolute policy!
High quality service.
amazing experience
General labourer/ Custodian (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 January 2017
it was only a temporary position after the fort mac wild fires was defiantly a great learning experience and decent money and you defiantly get noticed for hard work
Pros
camp paid for tons of hours
Cons
working away (when i did it )
Great learning environment
Cleaner/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 December 2016
A typical day at work varies. I can be doing anything from, packing out a house, to listing damaged contents, to cleaning a house after the rebuild is complete.
I've learned an incredible amount in my time here. Everything from how long it takes mould to grow after something gets wet; to the names for the types of screw drivers.
Management works very hard to schedule all the crews, on all the ongoing jobs and my co-workers are all good at working as a team to complete the given tasks.
The hardest part of my job can be the pressure of completing a certain task, in the required period of time. Often times my job requires me to finish packing, cleaning or listing, in a certain number of days, which can prove to be a challenge.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a great team of people to achieve a productive work environment.
Great people
Abatement specialist (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS30 November 2016
Good money and good people lots of different work and they pay for certifications they provide all the equipment and they are very safe and get huge contracts.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
No breaks
Worked with these guys during the summer
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 November 2016
Good work and good hours i learnt alot working with these guys during yhe summer time in fort macmurray with lgs staffing and the fire crew clean upp
Pros
Good camps
Cons
Awsome hours
Fast paced and consuming place to work
Water Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 November 2016
BELFOR is one of the most renowned property restoration company's in the world, I think the integrity from management to worker is lost due to its vast size
Appreciate the steady hours, but overall I'm frustrated.
Duct Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 October 2016
Not entirely pleased with my time at Belfor. Awful day to day organization. A constant fight to get working equipment to do my job. An opportunity to "move up" and supervise, no incentive whatsoever to do so, more responsibility with nothing in return is no way to get qualified competent employees.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
poor organization, no incentive.
Decent People
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON29 September 2016
The job was slow. Co-workers were enjoyable to work with. Learned a lot of new skills to add to my resume. Enjoyed teasing and goofing around with coworkers.
Great place for young people
Restoration Technician (Current Employee) –  London, ON27 September 2016
This is a good stepping stone place for those who are young and are looking to excel in a construction type career. Certifications can be available. There is a lot to be learned in identifying mold, asbestos, floods,and fire issues and how to fix them from start to finish. Everyone is nice and easy to work with. There is potential to travel to help in other areas of Canada that have traumatic experiences due to weather. The hardest part of the job is crawl spaces, long hours due to on call, weather related issues or large loss issues like fires and floods in commercial settings and dealing with sewage. The best part is meeting people and helping them through a traumatic situation.
Pros
Everyone is friendly. Understanding to family issues
Cons
No incentive for on call work, poor pay for job expectancy. No pay increase
Good crew
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Quispamsis, NB21 September 2016
Good company to work for but minimal advancement opportunities. Great benefits and pension package. Paid training however no raise opportunities
If its the last job on earth then take it>
Tradesman (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 August 2016
If you don't mind working like you are making $40.00hr but actually making $20.00hr go for it!Probably the worst job I've ever had,toxic,depressing,no benefits,harassment for petty issues and told to stay home for anything greater(without pay of course)Does'nt matter how hard you work it goes unrecognized because of the huge clique in place!Once your boss has his eyes on you(you'll know)clean up your belongings and apply for anything else!Pitch a tent under a bridge,you'll be a lot happier.RUN RUN FAST away from here,take my advise.You are welcome.
Pros
Out in the field far away from the office!
Cons
Absolutely nothing!
Good Company
Construction/Rebuild Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS27 May 2016
A very good company very strong camaraderie and work under ongoing difficult circumstances
day to day work different and challenging
Property Restoration
RestorationTechnician (Current Employee) –  London, ON24 January 2016
Belfor is an awesome company that deals with property disasters, such as floods, fires, vehicle impact and more. We believe in serving our clients with the utmost in customer service, respect and integrity. I enjoy helping out our clients and doing my utmost to make things better for them and to get their home back to pre damaged condition. The hardest part of the job is when people unfortunately don't have insurance and we can't do as much as we would like to, to help them. The most enjoyable part is when we have completed all the work and we can give the client their home back and seeing all the joy on their faces.
Pros
Work with an awesome group of hard working people that have the same values as myself.
Cons
Not always a full day of work. Sometimes I have to take an unpaid day off due to lack of work.
review
Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2016
amazing and great environment loved working with them they were great, i wish i could go back to it, i did diffrent job every day so it wasn't very repatative new thing every day
Belfor Restoration
Restoration laborer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 November 2015
a typical day at belfor was going to a client's home or business to overview the damage whether it was a flood, fire,etc and coming up with a game plan to fix the situation
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
very very long hours
Let's just say DICTATORSHIP
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  edmonton14 September 2015
Not a good work environment at all. Takes over your life and there is no compensation or appreciation for the dedication or loyalty you show.
Very Reliable Restoration company
Crew chief (Former Employee) –  Surrey BC and Edmonton,AB6 April 2015
I worked for Belfor Property Restoration for 8 years. 6 years out of the Surrey branch and 2 years out of the Edmonton branch. A typical day a work in Surrey would be packing up contents after a flood or fire or a natural disaster. I learned alot from this job such as how to assess items that would be able to be saved or written off as a Non restorable item depending on if the item was damaged or not. Management seemed fair but the wage was not great but I worked alot of overtime for other people within the company(since they didnt want to do it). It was fine in BC I did work many overtime hours and I really loved what I did, Helping people pick up the pieces after a disaster such as a flood or fire. I enjoyed doing my job since I am a very hard worker and enjoyed the use of the van and supplies we had available for any job I had to do.
Pros
nice customers to deal with. appreciation of helping people with good customer service skills.
Cons
long hours and low pay for all duties done
worst job I ever had
project coordinator (Former Employee) –  bc20 March 2015
with the lack of training, throw you into files that you are unaware of the on goings

Office management will not acknowledge you to even say good morning

Stay away from this company, it is very toxic and horrible pay

You even have to bring your own kuerig coffee- they do not supply
Pros
first Thursday of the month they provide lunch for a two one
Cons
no time to take lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Belfor Property Restoration. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9