BEHR Employee Reviews

very happy working for behr
forkliftt driver (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL29 October 2016
co worker we work as a team . management was great. personal lack of communication. the most enjoyable like working independent .getting along with my co workers.
Pros
very good management
Cons
personal lack of communication
Productive enjoyed seeing co-workers it was like we had our own little family and city
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH20 September 2016
The work was fast paste, enjoyable experience, learned a lot about heater coils and what they look like and what kind went into cars and trucks. The benefits were wonderful and it was and still is a union company such an experience I really enjoyed my time with the company
Pros
The pay, your self worth, the respect as a person and a worker
Cons
The changing of the company to different companies
working with all types of diffrent suff all the time
Sorter (Former Employee) –  South Beloit, IL21 July 2016
we clock in and go to the picking line. I learnt a lot about different metals. management was not good at all. co-works were fun made the days go by fast. there was no hard part of my day. the most enjoyable was learning about the different metals.
Pros
work was fun
Cons
management was not good at all
behr/chrysler
Chemical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH30 March 2016
i worked as a lab technician while i was there the job was great i loved it then i got laid off after 20 years of employment and that was very devastating and very unfortunate that i lost such a amozing job.
Great Place
Technician (Current Employee) –  California12 November 2015
Behr has a family atmosphere and can be a fantastic place to work, it is entirely possible to have a lifelong career here.
great
milling operator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA23 September 2015
good expierience for me. hope you guys check it out you just might like the job. the pay is ok and the bounus. be carefull though of managment.
it was a great place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sauk Village, IL12 August 2015
I enjoyed working at Behr paint distribution center because it was a clean and friendly environment ....it was very employee friendly with great incentives...I loved how safety was there number one concern above making money .
Pros
clean work place, very worker friendly
Old School Tactics & Poor Relationship with Sales Team
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA27 July 2015
The A/R department is not sales oriented. I know that part of A/R is to collect funds however a company should also try to stay on trend with competitors, especially when the competitors have been in the business much longer and offer high quality products as well.
A/R should improve the relationship it has with Sales and find ways to work together. Set all personal issues aside and truly be company oriented and customer oriented. Give your staff negotiation power and work to help customers instead of push customers away.

Overall the benefits of Behr are great, the bonus structure works, one main thing I would change is all employees should have a GED or high school diploma, management including Supervisors should hold a college degree (any type) and relatives should not work in the same department, A/R is full of relatives which really is a disadvantage to the company and morale of other employees.
Pros
Bonus program, health insurance, flexible spending
Cons
micro-management
A difficult environment to work i and not family oriented
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH1 July 2015
In order to boost profits workforce was cut by two-thirds and remaining workforce was expected to work 12-16 hour shifts daily.
Pros
Benefits( Health and Dental)
Cons
Losing benefits
Heating & cooling industry
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH25 June 2015
Start time was 6 am I would go in charge my Fork lift head to the loading docks where I would pull all shipments orders assign work loads to give to each of my co-workers I was the coordinator on the loading docks in Shipping & receiving/ I learned to lead a team of 50+ co-workers in the most efficient way to get all our work done in an 8 hr shift, Management- was very good with this company they was fair & trusting they cared about there employees do to the fact without all of us there wouldn't be a need for them, My Co-workers was very loyal dependable individuals/ Hardest part about my Job was having to leave it to relocate my family/ The Most Enjoyable part of my job was a nice drama fee non stressful work environment
Productive and fun place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL18 June 2015
Free lunches when did a good job for the week, and my most enjoyable part about my job was the pay we received. The hardest part of being there is working in the winter because all the doors be open.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
15 to 20 min breaks
Fun place to work at
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Germany, ZN17 March 2015
I've leaned that if u put your full effort into something it will succeed .
Well organised management .
Everything about my co-workers I've learn to handle different peoples attitude and cultures.
Hardest part was had to take blame at all times for something u didn't even do .It shapes me to the person I am today nothing will break me down even the grievance's .
Pros
Free lunch on sundays
Cons
Long hrs on weekends
Productive and nice place to work
sales associate (Former Employee) –  braingsville,pa24 January 2015
Works as a temp ... was told they will pay all the hours at end of assignments... never occurred. .... workers very respectful. .... pay was good.... but no comunication between manegement...... learn a lot from the 2 other employers at my department
Pros
love the hours
Cons
very upset it was temp
Warehouse Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC22 January 2015
This was a temp job that didn't last long. For the most part it was a good place to learn how to operate a folk lift and how to ship and receive product.
nice place to work but not for new hires no retirement for them
jobsetter (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH9 August 2014
the hardest part of my job was dealing with the under trained supervision. had nice co-workers
Pros
good healthcare
Cons
poor managment
Productive and Precise
Quality Inspector at Behr, Brazil (Former Employee) –  Sao Paulo31 July 2014
I was responsible for 6 people responsible for the assembly of car radiators as well as responsible for the quality of the goods. I learnt how to manage people which it was easy as I had a great team working for us. It was very heavy to lift the radiators the all day, which was the hardest bit of the job but we had a 30 minutes every day of massage and exercises, which was nice.
Not a good place to work if you like to spend time with your family
hvac (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH20 March 2014
Behr is a job that will work you 16 hrs a day with forced overtime and it doesn't bother the supervisors to do that to you because they are usually going home to their family
Cons
short breaks
Fast pace manufacturing
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH29 December 2013
Good job overall. The least desirable aspect of this job was the 15 minute lunches and inability to work with my school schedule.
fun
Press Operator/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SC11 December 2013
Nice place to work plus you get great overtimes hours an great pay
Pros
Parties
Cons
short breaks
Constant easy work, fun while also productive
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SC9 September 2013
Easy, reliable work
Friendly maintenance
Much to learn
Teamwork
Pros
Cafeteria, Consistent work
Cons
Short Breaks, Weekend work