BEHR Employee Reviews

Productive enjoyed seeing co-workers it was like we had our own little family and city
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH20 September 2016
The work was fast paste, enjoyable experience, learned a lot about heater coils and what they look like and what kind went into cars and trucks. The benefits were wonderful and it was and still is a union company such an experience I really enjoyed my time with the company
Pros
The pay, your self worth, the respect as a person and a worker
Cons
The changing of the company to different companies
very happy working for behr
forkliftt driver (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL29 October 2016
co worker we work as a team . management was great. personal lack of communication. the most enjoyable like working independent .getting along with my co workers.
Pros
very good management
Cons
personal lack of communication
working with all types of diffrent suff all the time
Sorter (Former Employee) –  South Beloit, IL21 July 2016
we clock in and go to the picking line. I learnt a lot about different metals. management was not good at all. co-works were fun made the days go by fast. there was no hard part of my day. the most enjoyable was learning about the different metals.
Pros
work was fun
Cons
management was not good at all
behr/chrysler
Chemical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH30 March 2016
i worked as a lab technician while i was there the job was great i loved it then i got laid off after 20 years of employment and that was very devastating and very unfortunate that i lost such a amozing job.
Heating & cooling industry
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH25 June 2015
Start time was 6 am I would go in charge my Fork lift head to the loading docks where I would pull all shipments orders assign work loads to give to each of my co-workers I was the coordinator on the loading docks in Shipping & receiving/ I learned to lead a team of 50+ co-workers in the most efficient way to get all our work done in an 8 hr shift, Management- was very good with this company they was fair & trusting they cared about there employees do to the fact without all of us there wouldn't be a need for them, My Co-workers was very loyal dependable individuals/ Hardest part about my Job was having to leave it to relocate my family/ The Most Enjoyable part of my job was a nice drama fee non stressful work environment
Fun place to work at
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Germany, ZN17 March 2015
I've leaned that if u put your full effort into something it will succeed .
Well organised management .
Everything about my co-workers I've learn to handle different peoples attitude and cultures.
Hardest part was had to take blame at all times for something u didn't even do .It shapes me to the person I am today nothing will break me down even the grievance's .
Pros
Free lunch on sundays
Cons
Long hrs on weekends
it was a great place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sauk Village, IL12 August 2015
I enjoyed working at Behr paint distribution center because it was a clean and friendly environment ....it was very employee friendly with great incentives...I loved how safety was there number one concern above making money .
Pros
clean work place, very worker friendly
work friendly and fun work place
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pinetown, ZN7 June 2013
typical day at work would be when theres no challenge, i love to have a challenging job, because i learn more,i've also leant to report to my manager and leant how to be loyal and submissive to another man,i had wonder full colegues ever, the hardest part of the job is when we don't see eye to eye with my boss because of my race,the most enjoyable part of my job is when i'm recognised for the good work i've done and when i'm given an opportunities to show my skills and abilities, and ofcos when i get my over time payment
Pros
holidays
Cons
working on weekend
behr was ok to work for
Welder/Assembler (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SC18 October 2012
There safty was never to be seen on the floor.Management was lacking leadership skills very unorganized company. Not a good job if you got a life this company will take advantage of you if you let them. The people you work with are great made loss of friends they all have the same feeling about it as I do.
Pros
there is a lunch room and fresh food on site if you can afford it !!!!!!!!!
Cons
brake are really short no time to eat. your first brack is 10mins lunch is 15mins
Productive and Precise
Quality Inspector at Behr, Brazil (Former Employee) –  Sao Paulo31 July 2014
I was responsible for 6 people responsible for the assembly of car radiators as well as responsible for the quality of the goods. I learnt how to manage people which it was easy as I had a great team working for us. It was very heavy to lift the radiators the all day, which was the hardest bit of the job but we had a 30 minutes every day of massage and exercises, which was nice.
Old School Tactics & Poor Relationship with Sales Team
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA27 July 2015
The A/R department is not sales oriented. I know that part of A/R is to collect funds however a company should also try to stay on trend with competitors, especially when the competitors have been in the business much longer and offer high quality products as well.
A/R should improve the relationship it has with Sales and find ways to work together. Set all personal issues aside and truly be company oriented and customer oriented. Give your staff negotiation power and work to help customers instead of push customers away.

Overall the benefits of Behr are great, the bonus structure works, one main thing I would change is all employees should have a GED or high school diploma, management including Supervisors should hold a college degree (any type) and relatives should not work in the same department, A/R is full of relatives which really is a disadvantage to the company and morale of other employees.
Pros
Bonus program, health insurance, flexible spending
Cons
micro-management
Productive and fun place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL18 June 2015
Free lunches when did a good job for the week, and my most enjoyable part about my job was the pay we received. The hardest part of being there is working in the winter because all the doors be open.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
15 to 20 min breaks
Productive and nice place to work
sales associate (Former Employee) –  braingsville,pa24 January 2015
Works as a temp ... was told they will pay all the hours at end of assignments... never occurred. .... workers very respectful. .... pay was good.... but no comunication between manegement...... learn a lot from the 2 other employers at my department
Pros
love the hours
Cons
very upset it was temp
Fast pace enjoyable work environment
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  North Charleston SC29 May 2013
Get work instructions, set up my work area, watch for any saftey issue, set goal and proceed to work. I have learned how to watch for any defects in products and how to properly ship and handle material. I keep a common agreement with my co-workers to be productive and safe.
A difficult environment to work i and not family oriented
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH1 July 2015
In order to boost profits workforce was cut by two-thirds and remaining workforce was expected to work 12-16 hour shifts daily.
Pros
Benefits( Health and Dental)
Cons
Losing benefits
Great Place
Technician (Current Employee) –  California12 November 2015
Behr has a family atmosphere and can be a fantastic place to work, it is entirely possible to have a lifelong career here.
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
ORODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  DURBAN IN PINETOWN13 May 2013
BEHR IT WAS GOOD COMPANY, I LEARNED A LOT,GAIN LOT EXPERIENCE,MANAGEMENT WAS THE BEST AND CO- WORKERS WAS LIKE A FAMILY TO ME. MOST ENJOYABLE L PART WHEN WE WORKING OVERTIME THAT WAS PAYING PAYING VERY WELL.
Pros
TEAM BUILDING
Cons
WORKING LONG HOURS WHEN IT OVERTIME
great
milling operator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA23 September 2015
good expierience for me. hope you guys check it out you just might like the job. the pay is ok and the bounus. be carefull though of managment.
productive and fun workplace
Health and Safety Officer  (Former Employee) –  Durban, ZN12 July 2013
New challenges every day.
New skill gain every day.
Good management skills.
Good relationship with my co-workers.
To enforce employees to use PPE.
To archive zero incident report.
Pros
Free launches
Cons
Not a good place to work if you like to spend time with your family
hvac (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH20 March 2014
Behr is a job that will work you 16 hrs a day with forced overtime and it doesn't bother the supervisors to do that to you because they are usually going home to their family
Cons
short breaks