Bee Clean Employee Reviews

Supportive boss, supervisor and work environment, good atmosphere
Overnight Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 5, 2016
I have been at Bee Clean for almost 8 months. My boss and supervisor are very good people and are very supportive and understanding.
I work from 10:30pm-6:00am at the Westin hotel in Ottawa. My normal routine is cleaning the gyms in the pool area from 10:30pm-12:30am. Then from 12:45am-2:30am we clean all the washrooms and vacuum the hallways. Then from 3:00-4:30am Im either cleaning the employee washrooms in the basement or I am in the lobby cleaning all tables and furniture including the executive conference rooms.
The hardest part of the job is when you start to crash around 3:30 or 4am because working overnights is tough. My body has never gotten used to it even after 7 months.
The most enjoyable part is that my boss and supervisor are always there if you need help and they will always be supportive and stand up for their staff. I also get along with my co-workers. They are all good, hardworking people.
Pros
Good boss and good supervisor
Cons
Overnights, no health benefits
A horrible experience for this company
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 18, 2016
I was surprised to work in a place for Bee clean in Calgary, where all are Colombian, none of them spoke English and they even are supervisors and arrange the distribution of work and schedules to their liking. Colombians who go to work for 4 hours and then go home but charge 8 hours. I am surprised that the management support these abuses and humiliations which make these Colombians with people of other nationality. Is a Colombian mafia what happens here in Calgary, from the manager down. The miserable wage and exploitation that I have never lived.Too much work for 8 hours, it is impossible to do a quality work for that time even when you sacrify your breaks times.
Pros
it is a job
Cons
Hire people who speaks english pls. Make reasonable distribution of work.
My opinion
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ONApril 19, 2016
its alright but I'm looking for new employment because I hurt myself a little over year ago I had a full time position and now I'm down to 4 hours a day 5 days a week and its just not the same.

I learned how to clean buildings and the verities of cleaning products it takes to clean a big building, I also learned how smelly the job can be.

the management is all over the place

hardest part of the job is probably mopping and vacuuming because you always have people that walk over what u just cleaned instead of using the rug/mat.

I don't have anything to say about the co-workers because it varies from place to place.

most enjoyable part of the job is when the client offers you free food like pizza or Chinese food and other stuff like that and the other best part is when you get to leave and go home.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
not enough hours
worst management I've ever worked for
employee (Former Employee) –  ottawaNovember 5, 2015
They promote men then beat women in the work place and blame the women when they come forward. They hide behind HR when it goes over their head and the hire on managers that don't know a single thing about the job they are doing.

You WILL hate your life if you work for this company.

Where I was working, the company was being paid upwards of 18$/h to have employees on site for each employee. However, the employees only got paid Min. Wage.
They were making money off of each one of us.

Not only that, but the working conditions were dangerous. It took over a month to fix a huge problem. While employees were getting injured.
The union is just there to take the employees money as well. They never showed up on site and never solved a single problem. If anything they were more buddy buddy with the management then anything else.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Disorganized
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 8, 2016
Sucks, pay was good though. They're ok but they don't let stay long enough with them. You are just another number. Very disorganized. They started me with 25/hr and next paycheck with $20/hr.
Pros
Pay
Cons
disorganized
Productive with no supervision
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Smithers, BCDecember 30, 2014
While working for Bee Clean I was definitely made to feel important to the company. I was told on many occasions how appreciated my work was as not only did I do the nightly jobs mandatory of me but I also went above and beyond, making my managers jobs easier as he did not need to hover over me to make sure I was being productive. He sometimes wouldn't even have to come in at all due to his confidence in my ability to work hard and efficiently. I actually enjoyed being able to come in complete my work and be able to go home knowing I did everything properly without any pressure being put on me by my manager or whoever else.
Pros
my hours were flexible
Cons
the lack of raises given
Punjabi dominated. not fun if you are not Indian.
part time cleaner (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 31, 2016
I was the only minority, it was good being with different majority, it was a great chance for me to see different culture.all the managers and supervisors are excellent.
workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 17, 2016
Great management. Flexible schedule. Welcoming co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job was, the friendly environment.
Pros
environment
Bee Clean
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONSeptember 7, 2015
The company is ok to work for. Minimum wage, hard to get raises. No room for advancement. Co-workers are great and clients are great.
nice people
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 22, 2016
I appreciate working in this company. I worked as a cleaner and I, did a professional training, workplace and nice people
A fun learning experience.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 6, 2013
A typical day at work is pretty busy depending on if your cleaning a bank of a government building, theres is always something to do.
The management is wonderful, they try their best to give you tasks that you are confident you can do a better job at.
The co-workers are always warm and friendly, i loved that i was able to get to know them and call many of them my friends.
The hardest part of the job is that there is almost always someone who will dirty something after its been cleaned but it is part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely getting to meet new people, making new friends and being able to take pride in your work at the end of the day.
Pros
free coffee, longer breaks, fun lunch hours, group activities and ideas
Cons
not a lot of pay, a lot of work, very long hours, schedule is hard to be flexible around.
consistent work great customers to work with
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 3, 2016
come in at 6:30 vacuum to 8:30 take break then clean out side till 10 then inside garbage run till 10:30 break 10:45 change kitchen garbage then at 11 clean kitchen and bathrooms 12 garbage run then go home at 12:30
productive and fun workplace for physio
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCNovember 25, 2015
I was on call at the Royal BC Museum through Bee Clean in Victoria. I learned the five swipe method from my boss. the hardest part was clean up after functions I had to twirl my mop and scrub pretty hard to restore the floor some nights. Swabbing the deck in the street section was pretty funny to do.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
too few hours for these days
Professional set up
Custodian and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurrySeptember 14, 2015
Still allot of room for improvement especially with Industrial relations!

Very clean
Security is good, healthy environment overll
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long hours with little rest
fun worplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 4, 2015
I like team work,good management and also they provide training with certificates,After i really liked the diversity of my peers i learn different a lot of things like culture, food,
Pros
paye 30 mn extra without working
Cons
less hours
bad management
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Keyano CollegFebruary 13, 2015
The Manager sucks he doesnt know how to do his job and the supervisors think that they are managers. Worst place to work. You would get yelled at till you cried ....Management lacks respect for other people.
Cons
long hours... wont pay you for extra hours but expects you to stay
Cleaning
abu (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 23, 2015
Not so much cleaning and resterating with close one also environement real good plus learning above it all was a special thing
Great Job
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 28, 2014
I have worked for Bee Clean for 9 years and it has always been a great company. I worked at different locations throughout the city but the job mainly consisted of the same daily tasks. Taking out garbage, wiping desktops/tables/windows, sweep/mop/vaccuuming and other similar chores. The management provides uniforms and all equipment necessary to complete the job. Safety is a high concern of theirs as well. It can become monotonous after a while but I just listened to music as a normal level on my phone with no problems. You usually work alone but sometimes I had the assistance of another worker. I didnt mind either way as time seemed to pass by quickly.
Pros
job is quick to learn and do
Cons
becomes repetitive
Camp job with no overtime and no room for advancement
Janitorial/ Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Mt. MilliganMay 5, 2015
Bee clean is a sub contracted company on the Mt Milligan Mine site. This company offers no overtime despite it being camp work and there is absolutely no room for advancement. The people in general such as supervisors and co-workers are all decent employees and are easy to work with.
really good place to works and clean envioranment
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 25, 2012
well i enjoy so much every day at work. because is always something new to learn.
managment is really accesible and understandable, always hear and clarificate all ur conserns and questions.
they is not hard part in my job, i always enjoy and try to do my task and a really easy way.
and the part the i always enjoy is when my co-workers and i we all work at the same place.. we help eachother and jet the job done.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
long hours sometimes

2.8