Bee Clean Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
worst management I've ever worked for
employee (Former Employee), ottawaNovember 5, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
They promote men then beat women in the work place and blame the women when they come forward. They hide behind HR when it goes over their head and the hire on managers that don't know a single thing about the job they are doing.

You WILL hate your life if you work for this company.

Where I was working, the company was being paid upwards of 18$/h to have employees on site for each employee. However, the employees only got paid Min. Wage.
They were making money off of each one of us.

Not only that, but the working conditions were dangerous. It took over a month to fix a huge problem. While employees were getting injured.
The union is just there to take the employees money as well. They never showed up on site and never solved a single problem. If anything they were more buddy buddy with the management then anything else.
A fun learning experience.
Cleaner (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 6, 2013
Pros: free coffee, longer breaks, fun lunch hours, group activities and ideas
Cons: not a lot of pay, a lot of work, very long hours, schedule is hard to be flexible around.
A typical day at work is pretty busy depending on if your cleaning a bank of a government building, theres is always something to do.
The management is wonderful, they try their best to give you tasks that you are confident you can do a better job at.
The co-workers are always warm and friendly, i loved that i was able to get to know them and call many of them my friends.
The hardest part of the job is that there is almost always someone who will dirty something after its been cleaned but it is part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely getting to meet new people, making new friends and being able to take pride in your work at the end of the day.
Great Job
Janitor (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: job is quick to learn and do
Cons: becomes repetitive
I have worked for Bee Clean for 9 years and it has always been a great company. I worked at different locations throughout the city but the job mainly consisted of the same daily tasks. Taking out garbage, wiping desktops/tables/windows, sweep/mop/vaccuuming and other similar chores. The management provides uniforms and all equipment necessary to complete the job. Safety is a high concern of theirs as well. It can become monotonous after a while but I just listened to music as a normal level on my phone with no problems. You usually work alone but sometimes I had the assistance of another worker. I didnt mind either way as time seemed to pass by quickly.
Productive with no supervision
Custodian (Former Employee), Smithers, BCDecember 30, 2014
Pros: my hours were flexible
Cons: the lack of raises given
While working for Bee Clean I was definitely made to feel important to the company. I was told on many occasions how appreciated my work was as not only did I do the nightly jobs mandatory of me but I also went above and beyond, making my managers jobs easier as he did not need to hover over me to make sure I was being productive. He sometimes wouldn't even have to come in at all due to his confidence in my ability to work hard and efficiently. I actually enjoyed being able to come in complete my work and be able to go home knowing I did everything properly without any pressure being put on me by my manager or whoever else.
really good place to works and clean envioranment
Custodian (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: long hours sometimes
well i enjoy so much every day at work. because is always something new to learn.
managment is really accesible and understandable, always hear and clarificate all ur conserns and questions.
they is not hard part in my job, i always enjoy and try to do my task and a really easy way.
and the part the i always enjoy is when my co-workers and i we all work at the same place.. we help eachother and jet the job done.
Good working crew with good hours
Building Service Worker (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 10, 2013
Pros: independent cleaning routine
Cons: commute to work
well the hours I worked were alright, but the main thing I like about that job was the independent working ethic. Although there was a team of cleaners we were assigned certain floors and areas of the building. And to be honest I didn't learn anything I didn't already know there but im sure there was opportunity to learn some new cleaning methods. The hardest part of the job was the language barrier I suppose.
productive and fun workplace for physio
Janitor (Former Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 25, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: too few hours for these days
I was on call at the Royal BC Museum through Bee Clean in Victoria. I learned the five swipe method from my boss. the hardest part was clean up after functions I had to twirl my mop and scrub pretty hard to restore the floor some nights. Swabbing the deck in the street section was pretty funny to do.
Not Bad
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2014
Pros: good work pace
Cons: boredom
A typical day at work consisted of organizing inventory, setting up customer orders for the delivery truck, and taking in shipments. I also had to keep a junior employee busy. The hardest part of the job was waiting for shipments to come in because once you've done everything else that you can do, it just becomes a waiting game.
caring environment
Cleaner (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONNovember 4, 2013
i drive to different locations. I clean the buildings and the people that i clean for are very nice. I learned to be patient in waiting for a room to be available to clean or politely ask if I could clean the room. The management were nice and very understanding and expected the best from you. The hardest part of the job was driving in bad weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job is the job itself. I love cleaning.
First job
Cleaner (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 8, 2012
Pros: free concerts and hockey game viewings
Cons: long long hours.
This was my first job, I worked under one of my best friends at the time which was nice.
I worked 9-12 hours almost every day.
Cleaning the Corel center (Scotia bank place) now.
The employees were nice friendly and helpful.
The job was very strenuous on the body. Lots of walking, heavy lifting and manual labor.
I consider myself a person who can enjoy in almost every environment, proactive, creative and very friendly.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: sport facilities
Cons: be disrespected
In a typical day at work, I enjoy working hard almost all the time. But in the same journey I can do any kind of activities with my co-workers within free time or the company activity program.
easy cleaning night job
Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2013
Pros: celebrations
Cons: none.
• Accountable for employee tardiness
• Verify all employees wore appropriate attire and were equipped with all necessary cleaning equipment and supplies
• Managed time sheets and payroll
• Ordered stock/supplies
• Report and receive updates regarding future shifts and maintain logs
• Responsible for opening and closing the office along with key holder tasks
This is the first job I have started with. I did enjoy working here since there is no bad and good job provided that pay cheque come on time.
Assistance Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 24, 2012
The company is very simple on people meaning that no ignorance about who one may be. everyone is treated fairly and equally with other. It is very nice company.
fun and flexible
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 25, 2015
Definitely learned how to be a team player as you work in a team environment. Learned how to compromise. Wages are superb and plenty of overtime. Working in the Alberta Oil Sands was definitely a great experience. You see the diversity of the workers there; many people travelled all across Canada to work there. It's a big melting pot.
Camp job with no overtime and no room for advancement
Janitorial/ Cleaner (Current Employee), Mt. MilliganMay 5, 2015
Bee clean is a sub contracted company on the Mt Milligan Mine site. This company offers no overtime despite it being camp work and there is absolutely no room for advancement. The people in general such as supervisors and co-workers are all decent employees and are easy to work with.
bad management
Janitor (Former Employee), Keyano CollegFebruary 13, 2015
Cons: long hours... wont pay you for extra hours but expects you to stay
The Manager sucks he doesnt know how to do his job and the supervisors think that they are managers. Worst place to work. You would get yelled at till you cried ....Management lacks respect for other people.
out of town shift equals fun
Janitor (Former Employee), North Bay, ONDecember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches free hotels
Cons: favortism
good shifts easy tasks generally. the employees are fun people to be around. hardest part is dealing with managment that favors certain employees managment was unfair to staff. the most enjoyable part was being able to work long hours
productive fun environment
Cleaner (Casual) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 24, 2013
Pros: great people to work with and also being able to work independently
Cons: standing for long hours at a time
i would go to work at 6pm and finish at 6am the next day.
i worked with encouraging co-workers
the hardest part of the job would be walking and standing for long periods of time
nice job
Custodian (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 31, 2014
Pros: vacation, day off on holiday
I have learn , how to clean everything in house , the management was perfect, co-worker are friendly, the hardest part of job is , when the supervisor had a favor within the workers. the most enjoyable part of job is working together.
fun worplace
Cleaner (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 4, 2015
Pros: paye 30 mn extra without working
Cons: less hours
I like team work,good management and also they provide training with certificates,After i really liked the diversity of my peers i learn different a lot of things like culture, food,