Bee Clean Employee Reviews in Canada

Punjabi dominated. not fun if you are not Indian.
part time cleaner (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 31, 2016
I was the only minority, it was good being with different majority, it was a great chance for me to see different culture.all the managers and supervisors are excellent.
workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 17, 2016
Great management. Flexible schedule. Welcoming co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job was, the friendly environment.
Pros
environment
Cons
Supportive boss, supervisor and work environment, good atmosphere
Overnight Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 5, 2016
I have been at Bee Clean for almost 8 months. My boss and supervisor are very good people and are very supportive and understanding.
I work from 10:30pm-6:00am at the Westin hotel in Ottawa. My normal routine is cleaning the gyms in the pool area from 10:30pm-12:30am. Then from 12:45am-2:30am we clean all the washrooms and vacuum the hallways. Then from 3:00-4:30am Im either cleaning the employee washrooms in the basement or I am in the lobby cleaning all tables and furniture including the executive conference rooms.
The hardest part of the job is when you start to crash around 3:30 or 4am because working overnights is tough. My body has never gotten used to it even after 7 months.
The most enjoyable part is that my boss and supervisor are always there if you need help and they will always be supportive and stand up for their staff. I also get along with my co-workers. They are all good, hardworking people.
Pros
Good boss and good supervisor
Cons
Overnights, no health benefits
nice people
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 22, 2016
I appreciate working in this company. I worked as a cleaner and I, did a professional training, workplace and nice people
A horrible experience for this company
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 18, 2016
I was surprised to work in a place for Bee clean in Calgary, where all are Colombian, none of them spoke English and they even are supervisors and arrange the distribution of work and schedules to their liking. Colombians who go to work for 4 hours and then go home but charge 8 hours. I am surprised that the management support these abuses and humiliations which make these Colombians with people of other nationality. Is a Colombian mafia what happens here in Calgary, from the manager down. The miserable wage and exploitation that I have never lived.Too much work for 8 hours, it is impossible to do a quality work for that time even when you sacrify your breaks times.
Pros
it is a job
Cons
Hire people who speaks english pls. Make reasonable distribution of work.
consistent work great customers to work with
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 3, 2016
come in at 6:30 vacuum to 8:30 take break then clean out side till 10 then inside garbage run till 10:30 break 10:45 change kitchen garbage then at 11 clean kitchen and bathrooms 12 garbage run then go home at 12:30
productive and fun workplace for physio
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCNovember 25, 2015
I was on call at the Royal BC Museum through Bee Clean in Victoria. I learned the five swipe method from my boss. the hardest part was clean up after functions I had to twirl my mop and scrub pretty hard to restore the floor some nights. Swabbing the deck in the street section was pretty funny to do.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
too few hours for these days
Cleaning
abu (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 23, 2015
Not so much cleaning and resterating with close one also environement real good plus learning above it all was a special thing
worst management I've ever worked for
employee (Former Employee) –  ottawaNovember 5, 2015
They promote men then beat women in the work place and blame the women when they come forward. They hide behind HR when it goes over their head and the hire on managers that don't know a single thing about the job they are doing.

You WILL hate your life if you work for this company.

Where I was working, the company was being paid upwards of 18$/h to have employees on site for each employee. However, the employees only got paid Min. Wage.
They were making money off of each one of us.

Not only that, but the working conditions were dangerous. It took over a month to fix a huge problem. While employees were getting injured.
The union is just there to take the employees money as well. They never showed up on site and never solved a single problem. If anything they were more buddy buddy with the management then anything else.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Professional set up
Custodian and Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurrySeptember 14, 2015
Still allot of room for improvement especially with Industrial relations!

Very clean
Security is good, healthy environment overll
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long hours with little rest
Bee Clean
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONSeptember 7, 2015
The company is ok to work for. Minimum wage, hard to get raises. No room for advancement. Co-workers are great and clients are great.
fun and flexible
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 25, 2015
Definitely learned how to be a team player as you work in a team environment. Learned how to compromise. Wages are superb and plenty of overtime. Working in the Alberta Oil Sands was definitely a great experience. You see the diversity of the workers there; many people travelled all across Canada to work there. It's a big melting pot.
Camp job with no overtime and no room for advancement
Janitorial/ Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Mt. MilliganMay 5, 2015
Bee clean is a sub contracted company on the Mt Milligan Mine site. This company offers no overtime despite it being camp work and there is absolutely no room for advancement. The people in general such as supervisors and co-workers are all decent employees and are easy to work with.
fun worplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 4, 2015
I like team work,good management and also they provide training with certificates,After i really liked the diversity of my peers i learn different a lot of things like culture, food,
Pros
paye 30 mn extra without working
Cons
less hours
Cleanning
Housekeeping /Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2015
I learned a lot of thing, example: how to clean the watchrrom and dining room.

I learned how to be reactif and punctual.
I learned how to be fast, and creatif

I learned how to be confident.
good interpersonal relationship
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 7, 2015
friendly team members. Working in this company has been beneficial to me because it has made me know the different cleaning agents that is safe for everyone to use without causing any harm.
Pros
keeping the place clean
I consider myself a person who can enjoy in almost every environment, proactive, creative and very friendly.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 25, 2015
In a typical day at work, I enjoy working hard almost all the time. But in the same journey I can do any kind of activities with my co-workers within free time or the company activity program.
Pros
sport facilities
Cons
be disrespected
bad management
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Keyano CollegFebruary 13, 2015
The Manager sucks he doesnt know how to do his job and the supervisors think that they are managers. Worst place to work. You would get yelled at till you cried ....Management lacks respect for other people.
Cons
long hours... wont pay you for extra hours but expects you to stay
Productive and challenging environment with excellent team
Skilled laborer (Current Employee) –  Fort mcmurrayJanuary 30, 2015
Productive and challenging environment. I always enjoy working with my team, they value their workers because they started me @ $15 after 3 months it was increased to $25 because of my hard work.
Pros
working with excellent team
Cons
challenging
Productive with no supervision
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Smithers, BCDecember 30, 2014
While working for Bee Clean I was definitely made to feel important to the company. I was told on many occasions how appreciated my work was as not only did I do the nightly jobs mandatory of me but I also went above and beyond, making my managers jobs easier as he did not need to hover over me to make sure I was being productive. He sometimes wouldn't even have to come in at all due to his confidence in my ability to work hard and efficiently. I actually enjoyed being able to come in complete my work and be able to go home knowing I did everything properly without any pressure being put on me by my manager or whoever else.
Pros
my hours were flexible
Cons
the lack of raises given