Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath and Beyond Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best Retail Experience
Dept. Manager (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COAugust 23, 2014
Company is all about customer service and their experience. If you apply yourself, you can make a difference in any aspect of store operations/merchandising.
Very physical
Sales (Former Employee), Metairie, LAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: hours
Stock merchandise. Loved working with customers. Hours to late with a small child
Fine line
Department Manager (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 22, 2014
Pros: benefits, discounts, versatility, product knowledge
Cons: no support on any level for a new employee
As Bed Bath and Beyond is actually a very nice company to work for and the benefits that are give are top notch the Managerial aspect is not the best. I was Department Manager (newly employed) with extensive managerial background and that did nothing to prepare me for what I was in store for. The staff were very young which meant DRAMA and unless you – more... have been working for a good period of time no matter your title or background you had no weight.

My particular assistant manager was awesome but anything higher than that did nothing for you (within store). I would recommend working for this company but be very mindful of the store you will be looking for. I was also expecting to work at the store closer to me but it ended up being the opposite. – less
a company with many challenges
Store manager (Former Employee), Shirley locationAugust 20, 2014
Pros: fun merchandise, good staff discount., some great head office staff
Cons: long hours, continuous challenges that didn't seem to have an acceptable solution.
My day started before opening hours so that I could reply to emails and do stock management. Then I would try to make room in the very tiny stock room and began unpacking, receiving and entering the huge amount of stock that was coming in and sitting in the middle of the store. Don't get me wrong I loved getting stock but I was receiving an unlimited – more... number of boxes with too much repeat stock that I didnt order or need. Our number one priority should have been our customer but it had to be the stock for too many reasons to mention.

I was on my own in the mornings for about 4-5 hours in order to adhere to the wages budget.
The rest of the day included customer service, merchandising which I loved, pricing, and by the book staff training.
We were not allowed to have staff meetings so staff concerns were not able to be met or new procedures implemented in an organized fashion.
We only had one till/computer system, so entering everything that was required into the one system while serving customers became
a challenge.

Overall there were too many challenges. Solutions were offered but never accepted.

I loved the merchandise and the customers were great.
There was an on going stock replenishment problem that became detrimental to our overall success, particularly over the Christmas Holidays.
These challenges made it very difficult to run an effective business but not entirely impossible.We still made budget,but how much more could have we accomplished given the right tools?
Systems training and Management training wasn't given enough priority.
Summary...
I experienced concerning challenges with this company that I had never experienced before and probably never will again.
I would say if you want even a bit of a smooth ride don't bother considering a position with Bed Bath and Beyond at the Shirley location unless you are willing to put up with a lot of Drama. – less
Good Company- Great people!
ASM, Merchandising, Operations Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, Al - Montgomery, Al - Greenville, SCAugust 19, 2014
I learned so much while with this company. They provide extensive training on product and practice what they preach on Customer Service. Also, empowering employees to handle issues in store is a bonus! You must be a worker to survive though - a lot is expected from all levels.
fun place to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), West Nyack NYAugust 19, 2014
Very busy all day helping customers and employees. ordering, payroll etc...
Great managers and great co-workers
Front End Lead (Current Employee), Tigard, ORAugust 19, 2014
I genuinely enjoy my job. I work with great managers and awesome co-workers. I am ready to transition into a career with more stable hours and a retail environment can not provide that for me.
great place to shop, high on customer service
Department Manager (Current Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
Great place to shop, high on customer service. I love working with the bridal couples who are registering with bbb. Very stressful place to work.
Decent Pay and Easy Tasks
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: 20% off your entire purchase
Cons: low pay
Come to work in jeans and a polo, organized shelves did what ever your boss needed done for the day and provide excellent customer service.
Productive workplace that worked well with my school schedule.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Paramus, NJAugust 15, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: short breaks
I work at customer service so I mainy handle returns. The management there isnt the best but I have had worse in the past. My co-workers are amazing. We are all relatively around the same age so we kind of go to each other for advice on things. The hardest part of my job is not having enough coverage when the lines become insanely long. The most enjoyable – more... part of my job is that I get to make sure that the customer leaves happy. – less
No comment
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Joliet, ILAugust 14, 2014
No real room for advancement
Management was helpful and willing to aid in customer service
Family oriented work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 13, 2014
Pros: insurance, room for advancement, flexibility
Cons: pay, contradictory promises
A typical day of work consisted of lots of running around. Whether it be merchandising, customer service, ringing or a project, there was usually a way to keep busy. The managers were supportive and helpful. The hardest part of the job was maintaining consistency. It can be a nuisance completing the same tasks again and again every day. Another issue – more... is the fact that corporate dictates things like payroll and promotion, which would take some convincing from your managers. The best part about the job was the family vibe to it. You gain familiarity with most of the people their and build plenty of relationships. All in all, if you can get past the politics, it is a decent job. – less
a typical day at work what you learned management your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job
Oracle Developer (Former Employee), Union, NJAugust 12, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Very customer service forward company.
Customer Service/Training Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Willobrook, Houston, TxAugust 12, 2014
My typical day starts at 5 am. I print our previous days sales report and pull merchandise to replenish the store accoring to the report. I clean and maintain the order of the stock rooms. I also back stock all over stock merchandise from our frieght from that day. I maintain 4 different stockrooms. I also update our database with the most current inventory – more... that we have in our stock rooms, At about 9:30-10 A.M., I switch gears, I then look up our files on all of our employees and see what classes I am able to give. I give new hire classes, which pertain to cashier training, training in our bridal dept. (How to pull a registry as well as how to create a registry), Customer service classes, also merchandise classes for the whole store. At the end of my shift I typically am the relief for our Front end/customer service lunch coverages.

I have learned many things during my employment at BBB, I can honestly say that the most important thing that I have aquired while working there is the customer service skills. I have learned how to make light in any situation, how to calm an irrate customer down, how to keep my composure during stressful situations.

The hardest part of my day is, not always having all of my fellow co-workers take part in keeping the stock rooms organized.

The most enjoyable part is being able to help a customer find a solution to their problems. – less
No Possibility For Advancement
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Hamden, CTAugust 11, 2014
Cons: too many managers/not enough worthwhile employees
I have worked for this employer since Mid-2007, and have been a part-time associate since then. Hours for myself can range anywhere from twelve to thirty-nine per week, depending on when I am needed or how many new associates have been hired. Employee turn-around seems to be rather high.

I have been fully trained in every possible "sales-floor position". – more... These include: Bridal Consultant, Cashier, Housewares, Lifestyles, Bedding, Bath, and Customer Service desk. I am also trained in receiving which enables me to create and maintain Plan-O-Grams, as well as fulfilling stock replenishment reports.

Although I personally enjoy the company and work ethic of most of my managers, they all have different agendas. I can be told one thing by "John Doe" and when I complete it, "Jane Doe" says it's wrong and should not have been done in the first place.

The few co-workers that I truly enjoy being around are the ones that actually seem to care about their jobs. Most of the newer employees are just there for the money, and get in the way of the "veteran" employees. They ask for more hours, and are rewarded them because they are new and have some sort of sob story to go along with it. The fellow "veterans" and I are trying our best to earn a living and get the necessary thirty hours per week to pay the bills.

I have been promised (and denied) a full-time position on several occasions. I recently spoke with one of my (many) managers about when I could possibly even be considered for full-time. They said unless I am in the right place at the right time, there is close to no chance for me to ever get it. This particular manager was hired over 15 years ago, and has district and regional managers above him that have been there less time than himself. A company that preaches about culture and service seems to have no problem hiring outside management to come and mess it all up. – less
great place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Westbury, NYAugust 9, 2014
great place to work in the retail world. treated people as people
typical retail
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAAugust 9, 2014
Ok place to work for. They don't pay the best but everything else was ok.
Easy and fun
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Selma, TXAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great incentives and discounts
Cons: part time only, no pto or health benefits
While the customers can be a bit much (I don't think there's a reason to yell that loudly about a return), the policies make dealing with customers and issues super easy. The management can get a bit stressed but the only time it's difficult here is during the holiday season. Easily the best customer service job.
. (Former Employee), Chicago Ridge, ILAugust 8, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .
good company to work for. chance to move up. fun environment. great workers. very busy location.
A fun workplace with many good coworkers
Staff Accountant - GL Department (Current Employee), Union, NJAugust 7, 2014
A typical day consists of receiving information dumps from accounts payable and journalizing utilities, telephone, and payroll expense.

I also prepare the monthly financial reporting packages to be presented to upper management.

About Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond (BBB) has everything you need to play "house" for real. It's the nation's #1 superstore domestics – Read more

Bed Bath and Beyond Photos