Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath and Beyond Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and great place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCAugust 27, 2014
Assisting on duty managers with daily duties to keep the business a float.
Boring...
Department Manager (Former Employee), Concord, NCAugust 27, 2014
Cons: crazy hours
As depart manger it was boring and the management was like a revolving door. The pay and benefits made this job worth it.
Coordinator
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Totowa, NJAugust 26, 2014
Pros: great job, lots of perks.
Cons: management needed improvement badly.
Very fast paced office: I have had to pleasure of working out of all three locations of this company. I excelled with the experience.
Very productive place to work
Induction/Picker (Current Employee), Pendergrass, GAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: every now an then you received a free meal on them
Cons: breaks was okay you just waisted 5 mins to get there because, work area was to far from the break room
Bed Bath & Beyond is a very productive and safe place to work had great benefits. I learned various of jobs within the bldg. Management was okay but not up to peak. The hardest part of the job was working the schedule that was laid out for you... The most enjoyable part of the job was getting off at 2:00 pm and receiving a new schedule that gave you – more... the opportunity not to work every weekend. Love the job, which was very easy but the pay rate wasn't suitable. – less
Customer wise excellent, management wasn't the best.
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Schererville, INAugust 25, 2014
Helped customers daily to find their needs and wants. I learned that you cannot always satisfy everyone and sometimes others won't treat you the way you treat them.
fun place to work
Sales, Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 25, 2014
I fun place to see the newest thongs thats come out. to help others is a blast!
Best Retail Experience
Dept. Manager (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COAugust 23, 2014
Company is all about customer service and their experience. If you apply yourself, you can make a difference in any aspect of store operations/merchandising.
Very physical
Sales (Former Employee), Metairie, LAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: hours
Stock merchandise. Loved working with customers. Hours to late with a small child
Fine line
Department Manager (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKAugust 22, 2014
Pros: benefits, discounts, versatility, product knowledge
Cons: no support on any level for a new employee
As Bed Bath and Beyond is actually a very nice company to work for and the benefits that are give are top notch the Managerial aspect is not the best. I was Department Manager (newly employed) with extensive managerial background and that did nothing to prepare me for what I was in store for. The staff were very young which meant DRAMA and unless you – more... have been working for a good period of time no matter your title or background you had no weight.

My particular assistant manager was awesome but anything higher than that did nothing for you (within store). I would recommend working for this company but be very mindful of the store you will be looking for. I was also expecting to work at the store closer to me but it ended up being the opposite. – less
a company with many challenges
Store manager (Former Employee), Shirley locationAugust 20, 2014
Pros: fun merchandise, good staff discount., some great head office staff
Cons: long hours, continuous challenges that didn't seem to have an acceptable solution.
My day started before opening hours so that I could reply to emails and do stock management. Then I would try to make room in the very tiny stock room and began unpacking, receiving and entering the huge amount of stock that was coming in and sitting in the middle of the store. Don't get me wrong I loved getting stock but I was receiving an unlimited – more... number of boxes with too much repeat stock that I didnt order or need. Our number one priority should have been our customer but it had to be the stock for too many reasons to mention.

I was on my own in the mornings for about 4-5 hours in order to adhere to the wages budget.
The rest of the day included customer service, merchandising which I loved, pricing, and by the book staff training.
We were not allowed to have staff meetings so staff concerns were not able to be met or new procedures implemented in an organized fashion.
We only had one till/computer system, so entering everything that was required into the one system while serving customers became
a challenge.

Overall there were too many challenges. Solutions were offered but never accepted.

I loved the merchandise and the customers were great.
There was an on going stock replenishment problem that became detrimental to our overall success, particularly over the Christmas Holidays.
These challenges made it very difficult to run an effective business but not entirely impossible.We still made budget,but how much more could have we accomplished given the right tools?
Systems training and Management training wasn't given enough priority.
Summary...
I experienced concerning challenges with this company that I had never experienced before and probably never will again.
I would say if you want even a bit of a smooth ride don't bother considering a position with Bed Bath and Beyond at the Shirley location unless you are willing to put up with a lot of Drama. – less
Good Company- Great people!
ASM, Merchandising, Operations Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, Al - Montgomery, Al - Greenville, SCAugust 19, 2014
I learned so much while with this company. They provide extensive training on product and practice what they preach on Customer Service. Also, empowering employees to handle issues in store is a bonus! You must be a worker to survive though - a lot is expected from all levels.
fun place to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), West Nyack NYAugust 19, 2014
Very busy all day helping customers and employees. ordering, payroll etc...
Great managers and great co-workers
Front End Lead (Current Employee), Tigard, ORAugust 19, 2014
I genuinely enjoy my job. I work with great managers and awesome co-workers. I am ready to transition into a career with more stable hours and a retail environment can not provide that for me.
great place to shop, high on customer service
Department Manager (Current Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
Great place to shop, high on customer service. I love working with the bridal couples who are registering with bbb. Very stressful place to work.
Decent Pay and Easy Tasks
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: 20% off your entire purchase
Cons: low pay
Come to work in jeans and a polo, organized shelves did what ever your boss needed done for the day and provide excellent customer service.
Productive workplace that worked well with my school schedule.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Paramus, NJAugust 15, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: short breaks
I work at customer service so I mainy handle returns. The management there isnt the best but I have had worse in the past. My co-workers are amazing. We are all relatively around the same age so we kind of go to each other for advice on things. The hardest part of my job is not having enough coverage when the lines become insanely long. The most enjoyable – more... part of my job is that I get to make sure that the customer leaves happy. – less
No comment
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Joliet, ILAugust 14, 2014
No real room for advancement
Management was helpful and willing to aid in customer service
Family oriented work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 13, 2014
Pros: insurance, room for advancement, flexibility
Cons: pay, contradictory promises
A typical day of work consisted of lots of running around. Whether it be merchandising, customer service, ringing or a project, there was usually a way to keep busy. The managers were supportive and helpful. The hardest part of the job was maintaining consistency. It can be a nuisance completing the same tasks again and again every day. Another issue – more... is the fact that corporate dictates things like payroll and promotion, which would take some convincing from your managers. The best part about the job was the family vibe to it. You gain familiarity with most of the people their and build plenty of relationships. All in all, if you can get past the politics, it is a decent job. – less
a typical day at work what you learned management your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job
Oracle Developer (Former Employee), Union, NJAugust 12, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Very customer service forward company.
Customer Service/Training Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Willobrook, Houston, TxAugust 12, 2014
My typical day starts at 5 am. I print our previous days sales report and pull merchandise to replenish the store accoring to the report. I clean and maintain the order of the stock rooms. I also back stock all over stock merchandise from our frieght from that day. I maintain 4 different stockrooms. I also update our database with the most current inventory – more... that we have in our stock rooms, At about 9:30-10 A.M., I switch gears, I then look up our files on all of our employees and see what classes I am able to give. I give new hire classes, which pertain to cashier training, training in our bridal dept. (How to pull a registry as well as how to create a registry), Customer service classes, also merchandise classes for the whole store. At the end of my shift I typically am the relief for our Front end/customer service lunch coverages.

I have learned many things during my employment at BBB, I can honestly say that the most important thing that I have aquired while working there is the customer service skills. I have learned how to make light in any situation, how to calm an irrate customer down, how to keep my composure during stressful situations.

The hardest part of my day is, not always having all of my fellow co-workers take part in keeping the stock rooms organized.

The most enjoyable part is being able to help a customer find a solution to their problems. – less

About Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond (BBB) has everything you need to play "house" for real. It's the nation's #1 superstore domestics – Read more

Bed Bath and Beyond Photos