Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath and Beyond Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Product awareness, and excellent training, great customer service
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: prizes and events for the associates.
Cons: none to report
Bed Bath and Beyond had excellent training programs,and tools to keep active updates to products and skills to benefit the associates. Their focus was the customer, and the engaging with the customer for quality experiences .
Productive Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 11, 2014
A typical day at work consist of always smiling and helping customers. I learned that there was always a way to make sure the customer left the store satisfy, even if we didn't have what they was looking for in the store. Management was good, they were on top of all employees making sure we was doing our jobs. My co-workers made the environment very – more... friendly. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of the job was having customers remember my name and leaving the store happy because of my customer service. – less
Fun job, but not so good environment
Department Manager (Current Employee), Oklahoma CityJuly 10, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: management and long work hours
Bed Bath and Beyond could be a great place to work, but lacks in many important areas. A typical day of work would include starting the day with planning your work plan for the day, (which never happens, because they will ask you to do something else, and then later ask why you didn't do something in your department) checking email and calendar for – more... daily tasks due, price changes, customer service, shelving new stock.

Upper management is one of the downfalls of this company. They don't focus on positive reinforcement, but are always looking for things to complain about. They try to make it seem like team work is important, but no one wants to help anyone else. They are always understaffed, making it very difficult to do your job. You are not only a manager, but sales associate, stock person, janitor, and maintenance worker. They are also always changing policy, making it confusing to how preform your job. You are doing something one way, then they tell you they aren't doing it that way anymore. A few weeks later, same thing!

They do pay well and have great benefits, but the long hours, nights and weekends, plus the weak management make it all irrelevant. – less
Leaves much to be desired in ways of management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Clifton, NJJuly 10, 2014
* Involves engaging customers assisting with product info, Utilized as a cashier back-up, Personal shopper at times for Registry customers.
* Customer service skills as well some background to retail.
* A bit lacking with organization.
* Dealing with unruly customers at times.
* Helping a Bride/Groom with there registry needs.
Operations
Backend Operations Manager (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILJuly 10, 2014
Many responsibilites to ensure store mdse. is received and placed.
Very fun loving place to work for
Stock Associate (Current Employee), 365 Rockaway Turnpike, Unit 40, Lawrence, NY‎July 10, 2014
Each day I plan my activities I would like to get done. My co-workers and I get along with each other very well. The hardest part of my job is standing on the floor with the store been empty, while the most enjoyable part of my jobs actually when the store is busy.
Great Place to Work
Fast Track Store Manager (Former Employee), Marlton, NJJuly 9, 2014
Pros: clear expectations and good leadership
Cons: must start at department manager position
BBBY is a great place to work with clear expectations and fair treatment.
a fun working place
Customer Service in soft lines (Former Employee), Medina, OHJuly 8, 2014
Pros: extra discounts
Cons: non to mention
I was only seasonal, and part time, good staff.
I like people and this is the place to be to help someone who
needs to understand the difference between products.
N/A
Assist in hiring new staff (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJJuly 8, 2014
THIS WAS MY FIRST JOB I'M GLAD THIS COMPANY GAVE ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN ANY SKILLS BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE ANY. IF IT WASN'T FOR THIS JOB IT WOULD BE HARD FOR ME TO FIND A JOB ALSO FOR A JOB TO CONSIDER ME AS A CANDIDATE.
Bed Bath and Beyond provides competitive pay and potential
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), 2036 Hwy 6 SouthJuly 8, 2014
Pros: pay, growth potential
Overall Bed Bath and Beyond is a good company to work for. Growth and promotion are available always. Hours can be long, but they do tell you that in advance. Pay is competitive with the industry. Work/ Life balance depends on the store you are in. The most difficult part of the job is process of making things happen takes too many people to make decisions. – more... I really enjoyed the freedom to make my department singular to my customer base and need. Lots of freedom when it comes to managing your own area. – less
Bed Bath & Beyond
Customer Service Representative, Cashier (Former Employee), Rego Park, NYJuly 7, 2014
Pros: 20% off of entire purchase
Cons: burnout
Working at Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) was a very interesting experience. Each day was filled with new challenges and trials. With guidance from the exceptional management and support from dedicated co-workers, I was always able to complete each assigned task and those that just popped up as well. Working with this organization really molded me into becoming – more... the person I am today. – less
Nice Workplace
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 7, 2014
I enjoyed working with such wonderful people, I wish I could have stay longer
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Paramus, NJJuly 7, 2014
Helping customers on the sales floor and the register even the phone....I have learned that being a team player actually works
Great Co-Workers and a Great Learning Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 3, 2014
The shifts were fast paced and the pay is poor. The company pushes many over the top customer service initiatives, so each customer is really given the best shopping experience possible.
Fun and challenging work environment
Sales Associate - Part-time (Current Employee), Green Bay, WIJuly 2, 2014
Great place to work for a part time job. Great co-workers, flexible hours, and enjoyable customers that return due to the great customer service that we provide.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Houma, LAJuly 2, 2014
The environment was very clean and nice to work in. The staff were amazing.
The coworkers are nice & a good learning experience in to the retail world.
Customer Service/Receiving/Inventory Control (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 1, 2014
Pros: theres always work to be done and im on my own.
Cons: the pay could be better and i can always use much more hours then what are given.
Typical day starts at 8 am, the first hour everyone helps open the store, stock shelves that are empty and work any left over freight from the previous day. After the doors open, i head back to the office and do my Inventory Control job. Ive worked just about every position there. Inventory Control however involves using the computer and looking up – more... all the different reports and task for the day. Price changes, price updates, sales updates, GWP updates. I also audit the front end by going through the price over ride reports from each register and try to figure out why they used a certain code and if there was good reason to use that code. My co workers are great, fun and enjoyable people, The hardest part of the job is staying on top of all the task that need to be completed and it is very on your own and detail oriented (which i like) But everything else in comparison to my job is easy. The most enjoyable part of the day is making a customer happy and feeling appreciated by my co workers and customers, to really feel like i'm doing something and helping others is a good feeling. – less
productive but playing favorites and hour cuts are unlivable
Sales Associate (Current Employee), phoenix,azJuly 1, 2014
It is a productive work environment. The down side is that the managers play favorites. As well as during summer the hours get cut down to an unlivable amount of hours.
bad management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), jackson, msJuly 1, 2014
co workers were great
learned to step up and defend myself
hardest part was leaving my co workers which were really like family to me
management was very unfair and discriminated against alot of people including me
Think that this is great store and I do enjoy working here.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Brooksville, FLJune 29, 2014
Pros: pros on the job is falmily feel of it.
Cons: cons are that we could use a lot more communication.
My typical day at work is always busy lots of thing to do and you get to deal with some really great customers. So far from what I learned is that you have to have a lot of patients due to fact that you are working a lot of older people. Management I would have to say they are good but could some improvement with communication. So far overall my co-workers – more... I would have to say is that I get along with everyone and they all treat you like gold. I would have to say that the hardest part of my job is when is comes time to work as a team upfront at customer service that really don't happen to well its pretty much you have to do it all yourself and last of all the most enjoyable part of my job to be able to work with people and customers and you get to go home at the end of day and relax the worries away... – less

About Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond (BBB) has everything you need to play "house" for real. It's the nation's #1 superstore domestics retailer with about – Read more

Bed Bath and Beyond Photos