Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath and Beyond Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The coworkers are nice & a good learning experience in to the retail world.
Customer Service/Receiving/Inventory Control (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 1, 2014
Pros: theres always work to be done and im on my own.
Cons: the pay could be better and i can always use much more hours then what are given.
Typical day starts at 8 am, the first hour everyone helps open the store, stock shelves that are empty and work any left over freight from the previous day. After the doors open, i head back to the office and do my Inventory Control job. Ive worked just about every position there. Inventory Control however involves using the computer and looking up – more... all the different reports and task for the day. Price changes, price updates, sales updates, GWP updates. I also audit the front end by going through the price over ride reports from each register and try to figure out why they used a certain code and if there was good reason to use that code. My co workers are great, fun and enjoyable people, The hardest part of the job is staying on top of all the task that need to be completed and it is very on your own and detail oriented (which i like) But everything else in comparison to my job is easy. The most enjoyable part of the day is making a customer happy and feeling appreciated by my co workers and customers, to really feel like i'm doing something and helping others is a good feeling. – less
productive but playing favorites and hour cuts are unlivable
Sales Associate (Current Employee), phoenix,azJuly 1, 2014
It is a productive work environment. The down side is that the managers play favorites. As well as during summer the hours get cut down to an unlivable amount of hours.
bad management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), jackson, msJuly 1, 2014
co workers were great
learned to step up and defend myself
hardest part was leaving my co workers which were really like family to me
management was very unfair and discriminated against alot of people including me
Think that this is great store and I do enjoy working here.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Brooksville, FLJune 29, 2014
Pros: pros on the job is falmily feel of it.
Cons: cons are that we could use a lot more communication.
My typical day at work is always busy lots of thing to do and you get to deal with some really great customers. So far from what I learned is that you have to have a lot of patients due to fact that you are working a lot of older people. Management I would have to say they are good but could some improvement with communication. So far overall my co-workers – more... I would have to say is that I get along with everyone and they all treat you like gold. I would have to say that the hardest part of my job is when is comes time to work as a team upfront at customer service that really don't happen to well its pretty much you have to do it all yourself and last of all the most enjoyable part of my job to be able to work with people and customers and you get to go home at the end of day and relax the worries away... – less
Retail Management
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Rogers, ARJune 29, 2014
Pros: store level merchandising, ability to be a merchant, product knoledge
Cons: long work days, unusual work shifts, nights, weekend and holidays
The culture at Bed Bath and Beyond is what has kept me employed there for so long. Retail management requires 12-16 hour days, weekends and holidays and a lot of physical labor. That being said Bed Bath & Beyond is one of the best retailers to work for if you expect these sort of work conditions.
It was OK
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAJune 27, 2014
It was a retail job. And they had so much product training it was ridiculous.

Most managers thought they were too good for a sales associate on the floor, walked with their noses up in the air. (You're just a manager of Bed Bath and Beyond.)

Overall, its not bad for a "job"
Productive , fun forever evolving within the workplace
Customer Service Manager (CSM) Store Trainer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2014
Pros: many opportunities for advancement within the company
Cons: the imbalance of work and home
Check store calendar for any tasks I need to complete, or post. Read and report daily numbers from previous day of business focusing on our Bridal Business , addressing any training opportunities. Write daily break and coverage sheet for our associates. New Hire orientation and training. Follow up on previous day with associates and follow up with an – more... action plan if needed. Assist with customer needs both in the building and on the phone. Each day is different of course but maintaining customer needs and training are at the top of my schedule daily. Planning and time management is critical in my job. My co-workers are a wonderful blend of personalities which I find a lot of fun and always challenges me to grow and stay humble. The hardest part of my job is keeping to the plan when the human factor takes you off course. The most enjoyable part of my job is always meeting new people, and the many opportunities that are in front of me everyday both personally and professionally. – less
bed bath & beyond
Receiving Lead/RTV Lead (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYJune 25, 2014
I have learned a lot working at Bed Bath & Beyond. I have learned a lot about the receiving process and what to do with everything in they aspect of Bed Bath & Beyond. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting the customers the products they are looking for.
Good
o Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Ballwin, MOJune 25, 2014
Good place to work, sometimes there isnt enough hours but the people are nice and are very willing to work with your personal schedule.
Physically demanding
Customer service and sales floor clerk (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYJune 24, 2014
Pros: tasks are easy to understand
Cons: physical demands in the given timeframe are challenging
The job is physically demanding especially when expected to assist customers while climbing a twelve foot ladder all day.
Opportunity to expand technical skills
Sr Perf Monitoring Analyst (Former Employee), Union, NJJune 24, 2014
Pros: location was within driving distance
Cons: not enough flexibility for telecommuting
Provide support for company stores
In-depth learning of network devices
In-depth learning of Attention software (for notifications)
Upgrades on CA Spectrum software
Great Place to Work
MANAGER (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 24, 2014
If you work hard and devote yourself to the position there is unlimited potential for advancement. It is a great environment!
learning environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2014
many traits i have inherited from bed bath and beyond, to many to list
good place to work with lots to learn about different products
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 16, 2014
Pros: great attitudes
Cons: na
Busy and slow at times
I learned how to give really good customer service
Management was really good
My coworkers were always happy
The hardest part about my job was sometimes getting off late, but it didn't really mind it
The most enjoyable part about the job was working with really great people
Productive and constantly keeping you busy
Manager (Current Employee), Elizabeth, NJJune 16, 2014
Cons: short breaks for long hours
Everyday is a new challenge and the days go by very quickly I can honestly say I leave very accomplished
Productive and energetic enviornment
Customer Service and Cash Registry Clerk (Former Employee), colorado springsJune 14, 2014
average stress mentally and physicall, if able to communicate while on the move then the job is easy.
BED Bath and Beyond
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 14, 2014
Great started job for people just getting out of school I learned a lot bout people working there
Don't work there if you don't have to.
Cashier (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 12, 2014
Messy, disorganized manager, RUDE co-workers, a lot of talking about people behind their backs. You normally won't get over 20 hours unless you are a manager but good luck with being promoted!
Great place to work, It all depends on location
Customer Service Specialist/Cashier (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 12, 2014
Alpharetta store is the best. Great Team and Management.... I love it
Been there for a year and four months.
Excellent training program
Department Manager, Soft Lines (Former Employee), Westlake, OHJune 12, 2014
Bed Bath & Beyond showed me the power and results of structured training. Several aspects of the mandatory training programs are still incorporated to maximize my daily personal efficiency and my current staff development. I enjoyed the physical aspects of my role at this company and the expectation to operate as the "owner" of my department.

About Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond (BBB) has everything you need to play "house" for real. It's the nation's #1 superstore domestics retailer with about – Read more

Bed Bath and Beyond Photos