Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath and Beyond Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
You get to know a lot of the appliances in someones home
HOUSEWARES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), antioch caAugust 6, 2014
Pros: competitions, gain experience in retail
Cons: no one gets full time, hours go up and down
typical day consist would consist of helping customers doing task for your manger, and cleaning up the sales floor, while providing friendly customer service to all shoppers and possibly trying to get a beyond (online orders for customers).
I have learned a lot from this job Project management, customer service skills, cash handling skills, and product – more... knowledge about multiple house hold appliances.
Management could be better but overall they all mean well and do what is best for the company to progress.
The workers are the spine and the face of our company the provide the service and the sales, an are overall real good friendly people to work with they make it enjoyable.
Hardest part about bed bath An Beyond is trying to please everyone Mangers, customers and still maintain your composer, it does get challenging at times but that is why it is called work.
Best part About Bed Bath And Beyond Is getting to meet new customers every day and making their day by providing the best customer service possible. – less
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Seekonk, MAAugust 6, 2014
fun place to work at when u have co-workers that are awesome.
ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 6, 2014
management was all friends so never mived anyone up unless they were really cool with you they didnt care about how hard you worked
Hard work, little Team Effort and Fun to work their.
House Hold Items and Bath Items. (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Have worked for much more Organized Businesses. Team Work could have been a lot better. To many people being the Boss. Had fun working their but was not for me. Customer Service was on a 1 to 10, I would say a 7.
Good Employer
(Returns to Vendor (RTV) Clerk) (Former Employee), Foster City, CAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: long lunches
They worked really well with my schedule. It was a fun environment.
Great atmosphere, with flexible hours. Very fun place to work.
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDAugust 2, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: hard to become full time
Great atmosphere, with flexible hours. Very fun place to work. Employee discounts are great.
Exciting, hard working, fun, and breathe taking experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 2, 2014
Working at Bed Bath & Beyond for the years I have been there has been overall an exciting experience. Waking up everyday to go help customers with their day to day shopping is pretty exciting. You never know what kind of customer your going to get, whether its the grumpy customer that's upset behind a product that they are unsatisfied with, or the customer – more... that shops there everyday and wants to know the new item of the month. Sometimes it can over whelming but having the power to make things better for the customer, and go beyond the expectations to give them what they need just to make them happy and keep them coming back because of the great customer service, makes it all worth it. And who doesn't have problems in the workplace? The management is like everyone else they don't think just because they have a higher position the rules don't apply they make things easier by not only working with the employees and making sure our day is going smoothly but also waving specific restrictions and rules to make the customer happy. It was an overall fantastic experience among the laughs jokes different attitudes and personalities. – less
Great Job
Bedding and warehouse manager (Former Employee), Watchung, NJAugust 1, 2014
I handled day to day cleanin n packin of products. I also cashiered and worked receiving.
No Comment
Management was harsh
Pay was great.
Customer Service, RTV, Trainer
RTV/Customer Service/Trainer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 30, 2014
Bed Bath & Beyond is a large company. I learned the basis of my customer services skills under BBB's motto of "never say no." I was able to learn shipping, receiving and inventory procedures.
Productivve
Store Senior Manager (Current Employee), Turlock, CAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: hard to balance life and work.
A great company to advance. The management respects you and it's an environment in which you can interact with a variety of people due to the wide demographics.
Better than most retail stores if you're looking for Part-Time
Sales Associate, Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: nice people. managers are usually able to work with pt schedules well.
Cons: expect high maintenance customers. no room to move upward.
Like most retail jobs, it depends on the staff. I was lucky enough to have decent managers, and I did have a pretty iffy store manager before I left. But the people that are hired as your coworkers are generally nice most of the time, more so than other stores. BB&B's policy for having above-average customer service shows even when you're at work, from – more... my experience. If you're looking for a full-time retail sales associate job, look elsewhere. They only hire full-time managers or assistant managers unless the store is large-sized for their scale, then maybe some extra full-time associates. If you aren't a manager, you're not likely to move up or get full-time. A good part-time job, however. Not minimum wage, though if you work for a year you get reviewed-- get a good review and you get around a 10-cent wage increase. Shoddy pay increase, albeit decent pay. – less
N/A
Store Manager (Current Employee), Portsmouth, NHJuly 27, 2014
Good place to work.
Great Co-Workers
Company has changed over the past 1-2 years
Most enjoyable part of the job is customer satisfaction
Busy Days
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 25, 2014
Very busy from the time your arrive until the end of work shift.
easy work
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJuly 25, 2014
Pros: nice to employees
Cons: not a perment placement
really clean work place, nice customers to dea with, great coupon for customers
Fun to work at, but not paid enough to do everything that I do.
Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 24, 2014
I have been trained and actively work in every part of the store ranging from inventory control to receiving and departments. It's a lot of work and information to know, but it is enjoyable. I love the people I work with and the kind of work that I do on a daily basis. I really enjoy being versatile throughout the store.
Cozy Place To Work
Cashier (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILJuly 24, 2014
After clocking in, I would personally get a briefing from the supervisor if he/she is available at the time. I would then report to my post (Front End and sometimes on Hard Lines) and relief my co-worker after getting a quick briefing of what's going on. I would assist customers by answering their questions to the best of my abilities. I would use suggestive – more... selling skills and good customer service. I would help the supervisor do whats needed of me. When it's closing time me and my co-workers were responsible for cleaning our work areas as well as cleaning the bathrooms, door-ways, and organizing/restocking the shelves. It was a nice job to have. – less
Huge store with a variety of products and customers
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Oceanside, CAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: management, task list, co-workers, shifts not too long or short
Cons: short breaks, no benefits, low pay raises, customer conflicts
A typical day at BBB is one that, after almost 3 years, gets kind of old and repetitive. I have been moved around departments a few times and working in stock replenishment has been the best so far. I didn't ask to be moved; I came in one day and saw that my department had been changed, because of employees leaving and new ones needing to be hired. – more... I went with it, and the best part of it is being in the stock room by myself in the peace and quiet. I go down a list and grab certain items, delete last ones and absent ones, and move on to the next department. I do like helping customers, don't get me wrong, but it can be challenging when they clearly woke up on the wrong side of the bed or missed their cup of coffee. I am one of those people that tends to shy away from conflict if possible, but if it's there, I do my best to be as polite as possible and do what I can for the customer. After almost 3 years, this is still hard and unpleasant, but really important. My management has been interesting. At the store I transferred to after 2 months, the boss was a nightmare. She was just plain mean, condescending, unappreciative, and I'll just say, really annoying with things she would constantly say. I dreaded seeing her red mini in the parking lot because my mood would just drop, I knew I was in for a bad day if I ran into her. Luckily, for some reason she left, and months later we got a great manager, and then I had to transfer back to my first store. The managers there currently are a breath of fresh air comparably, and my days seem to be quick and painless, and I do get recognition and feel the need to be a better employee for them. My co-workers are all friendly and positive, which is so nice to work with. The hardest part of my job is when I get the occasional customer that is just rude (I've gotten a few in my time there) because of a bad day or something, and I'm there for them to take it out on. I also feel inadequate when I don't know exactly where an item is for a customer, or if we have any in the store. It's kind of embarrassing having to call somebody else to ask, or just walking around the department looking for it, just like the customer. The most enjoyable part of my job lately is having my task to do every morning when I come in, and completing it. And even if I don't complete a department or two, simply because of the time or being called away for customer service, it is okay, because I can finish it the next day and I don't get reprimanded for time passing while I am being an employee for customers. My quiet time is nice too, but it is so satisfying to hear a happy customer after I've helped them with what they need; it is nice to be appreciated. – less
Fun place to work and learn about household products
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Hartsdale, NYJuly 23, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: to far from hometown
The most enjoyable part about this job was learning about all the different styles of towels and linens. There was something to learn everyday.
Zero debt company that is looking to be an industry leader
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FlJuly 23, 2014
Pros: weekend day off every week.
Cons: low base hours for running the store.
Management team works extremely hard to keep store standards at a maximun. Company believes in Customer Service and expanding its e-commerce. I've learned that you cannot be complacent in today's market and that you have to stay on top of your customer base.

About Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond (BBB) has everything you need to play "house" for real. It's the nation's #1 superstore domestics retailer with about – Read more

Bed Bath and Beyond Photos