Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath and Beyond Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great managers and great co-workers
Front End Lead (Current Employee), Tigard, ORAugust 19, 2014
I genuinely enjoy my job. I work with great managers and awesome co-workers. I am ready to transition into a career with more stable hours and a retail environment can not provide that for me.
Decent Pay and Easy Tasks
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAAugust 16, 2014
Pros: 20% off your entire purchase
Cons: low pay
Come to work in jeans and a polo, organized shelves did what ever your boss needed done for the day and provide excellent customer service.
Productive workplace that worked well with my school schedule.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Paramus, NJAugust 15, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: short breaks
I work at customer service so I mainy handle returns. The management there isnt the best but I have had worse in the past. My co-workers are amazing. We are all relatively around the same age so we kind of go to each other for advice on things. The hardest part of my job is not having enough coverage when the lines become insanely long. The most enjoyable – more... part of my job is that I get to make sure that the customer leaves happy. – less
No comment
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Joliet, ILAugust 14, 2014
No real room for advancement
Management was helpful and willing to aid in customer service
Family oriented work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 13, 2014
Pros: insurance, room for advancement, flexibility
Cons: pay, contradictory promises
A typical day of work consisted of lots of running around. Whether it be merchandising, customer service, ringing or a project, there was usually a way to keep busy. The managers were supportive and helpful. The hardest part of the job was maintaining consistency. It can be a nuisance completing the same tasks again and again every day. Another issue – more... is the fact that corporate dictates things like payroll and promotion, which would take some convincing from your managers. The best part about the job was the family vibe to it. You gain familiarity with most of the people their and build plenty of relationships. All in all, if you can get past the politics, it is a decent job. – less
a typical day at work what you learned management your co-workers the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job
Oracle Developer (Former Employee), Union, NJAugust 12, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Very customer service forward company.
Customer Service/Training Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Willobrook, Houston, TxAugust 12, 2014
My typical day starts at 5 am. I print our previous days sales report and pull merchandise to replenish the store accoring to the report. I clean and maintain the order of the stock rooms. I also back stock all over stock merchandise from our frieght from that day. I maintain 4 different stockrooms. I also update our database with the most current inventory – more... that we have in our stock rooms, At about 9:30-10 A.M., I switch gears, I then look up our files on all of our employees and see what classes I am able to give. I give new hire classes, which pertain to cashier training, training in our bridal dept. (How to pull a registry as well as how to create a registry), Customer service classes, also merchandise classes for the whole store. At the end of my shift I typically am the relief for our Front end/customer service lunch coverages.

I have learned many things during my employment at BBB, I can honestly say that the most important thing that I have aquired while working there is the customer service skills. I have learned how to make light in any situation, how to calm an irrate customer down, how to keep my composure during stressful situations.

The hardest part of my day is, not always having all of my fellow co-workers take part in keeping the stock rooms organized.

The most enjoyable part is being able to help a customer find a solution to their problems. – less
No Possibility For Advancement
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Hamden, CTAugust 11, 2014
Cons: too many managers/not enough worthwhile employees
I have worked for this employer since Mid-2007, and have been a part-time associate since then. Hours for myself can range anywhere from twelve to thirty-nine per week, depending on when I am needed or how many new associates have been hired. Employee turn-around seems to be rather high.

I have been fully trained in every possible "sales-floor position". – more... These include: Bridal Consultant, Cashier, Housewares, Lifestyles, Bedding, Bath, and Customer Service desk. I am also trained in receiving which enables me to create and maintain Plan-O-Grams, as well as fulfilling stock replenishment reports.

Although I personally enjoy the company and work ethic of most of my managers, they all have different agendas. I can be told one thing by "John Doe" and when I complete it, "Jane Doe" says it's wrong and should not have been done in the first place.

The few co-workers that I truly enjoy being around are the ones that actually seem to care about their jobs. Most of the newer employees are just there for the money, and get in the way of the "veteran" employees. They ask for more hours, and are rewarded them because they are new and have some sort of sob story to go along with it. The fellow "veterans" and I are trying our best to earn a living and get the necessary thirty hours per week to pay the bills.

I have been promised (and denied) a full-time position on several occasions. I recently spoke with one of my (many) managers about when I could possibly even be considered for full-time. They said unless I am in the right place at the right time, there is close to no chance for me to ever get it. This particular manager was hired over 15 years ago, and has district and regional managers above him that have been there less time than himself. A company that preaches about culture and service seems to have no problem hiring outside management to come and mess it all up. – less
great place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Westbury, NYAugust 9, 2014
great place to work in the retail world. treated people as people
typical retail
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAAugust 9, 2014
Ok place to work for. They don't pay the best but everything else was ok.
Easy and fun
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Selma, TXAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great incentives and discounts
Cons: part time only, no pto or health benefits
While the customers can be a bit much (I don't think there's a reason to yell that loudly about a return), the policies make dealing with customers and issues super easy. The management can get a bit stressed but the only time it's difficult here is during the holiday season. Easily the best customer service job.
. (Former Employee), Chicago Ridge, ILAugust 8, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .
good company to work for. chance to move up. fun environment. great workers. very busy location.
A fun workplace with many good coworkers
Staff Accountant - GL Department (Current Employee), Union, NJAugust 7, 2014
A typical day consists of receiving information dumps from accounts payable and journalizing utilities, telephone, and payroll expense.

I also prepare the monthly financial reporting packages to be presented to upper management.
Unfortunate
Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville NCAugust 6, 2014
Pros: customers are #1 priority
Cons: associates are never a priority
High management turnover rate. No developmental plan for part-time associates. Communication between district staff is broken. It is nice to be able to take care of the customer no matter what.
You get to know a lot of the appliances in someones home
HOUSEWARES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), antioch caAugust 6, 2014
Pros: competitions, gain experience in retail
Cons: no one gets full time, hours go up and down
typical day consist would consist of helping customers doing task for your manger, and cleaning up the sales floor, while providing friendly customer service to all shoppers and possibly trying to get a beyond (online orders for customers).
I have learned a lot from this job Project management, customer service skills, cash handling skills, and product – more... knowledge about multiple house hold appliances.
Management could be better but overall they all mean well and do what is best for the company to progress.
The workers are the spine and the face of our company the provide the service and the sales, an are overall real good friendly people to work with they make it enjoyable.
Hardest part about bed bath An Beyond is trying to please everyone Mangers, customers and still maintain your composer, it does get challenging at times but that is why it is called work.
Best part About Bed Bath And Beyond Is getting to meet new customers every day and making their day by providing the best customer service possible. – less
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Seekonk, MAAugust 6, 2014
fun place to work at when u have co-workers that are awesome.
ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 6, 2014
management was all friends so never mived anyone up unless they were really cool with you they didnt care about how hard you worked
Hard work, little Team Effort and Fun to work their.
House Hold Items and Bath Items. (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Have worked for much more Organized Businesses. Team Work could have been a lot better. To many people being the Boss. Had fun working their but was not for me. Customer Service was on a 1 to 10, I would say a 7.
Good Employer
(Returns to Vendor (RTV) Clerk) (Former Employee), Foster City, CAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: long lunches
They worked really well with my schedule. It was a fun environment.
Great atmosphere, with flexible hours. Very fun place to work.
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDAugust 2, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: hard to become full time
Great atmosphere, with flexible hours. Very fun place to work. Employee discounts are great.

About Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond (BBB) has everything you need to play "house" for real. It's the nation's #1 superstore domestics retailer with about – Read more

Bed Bath and Beyond Photos