Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath and Beyond Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
ok
Store Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAOctober 17, 2014
its an ok place to work. good at first but had to leave because of school. I learned alot working there
Productive work place
wrapper (Former Employee), 3717 Bay Lake Trail North Las Vegas, NevadaOctober 16, 2014
I learned to be able to use a scanner and many other skills such as working in fast pace warehouse.
Good job
Sales Associate, backup cashier, (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSOctober 16, 2014
Pros: thirty minutes for lunch break .
Cons: no healthcare benniffits
It.s very busy fast pace job , a typical day looks like helping customers find what they need to their satisfaction. As well as straightening the aisles in the store and the merchandise . taking pulls from the back of receiving also putting the back stock out. Helping with wedding registry's. Taking calls for back-up cashier . Helping customer service.
fun work environment, fair decisions, kind staff, stern management.
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLOctober 15, 2014
Pros: located close, schedule works around school hours, nice staff, decent pay.
Cons: rare breaks, and having to finish other peoples work
My job was to either open the store or close it. I didnt mind that at all. The only thing is that i would close at about 12:00a.m. and have to be back there at 6:00a.m. the next morning giving me very few hours to sleep and finish school work. Management was in complete control of this company so everything ran very smoothly. Being in charge of my own – more... department was the most enjoyable thing about this job. – less
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Wilson, NCOctober 15, 2014
Take care of customers, wrap gifts. Sometimes put together displays. Everyone gets along, even with the management. Climbing the ladders are tough because we top stock heavy items, but we always have help from a coworker.
Very serious about customer service. Great place for people who genuinely care about people and making a visibly different shopping experience.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Homewood, IlOctober 14, 2014
Pros: discount, incentive items every month, healthcare
Cons: no short term disability, very physical, mostly manage yourself
Meeting new people and maintaining relationships with current customers a nice part of the job.
Worst part of the job is becoming an overpaid cashier due to staffing restrictions and constantly cutting back on staffing.
Not always a cohesive management team, making daily tasks and basic routines impossible to get to unless you want to stay past your – more... 10 hour shift or come in on your day off.
It takes a very special and dedicated person to come on board as a sales associate and is not your typical part time job.
Definitely have to be self starter to be successful in creating a good team and accomplishing unrealistic goals set forth by upper management. – less
If you plan on moving up in the company, this is not the job for you
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCOctober 13, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: no insurance, crazy schedule, low pay
I have been with Bed Bath and Beyond for two years now, and I can safely say that unless you plan on spending a good chunk of your life with the company, you probably won't move up unless you do a lot of brown nosing with the upper management (i.e. District Manager, Corporate Manager, etc.) or if you have a nice store manager who really REALLY likes – more... you and your work ethic. In my two years at the store, there has only been one person moving up from Sales Associate to a Customer Service Trainer position. She has been with the company for 8 years. They only promoted her because we were without a CST for roughly 3 months. Our former CST quit due to the new store manager harassing her. She complained to HR and Corporate office about her situation multiple times and no one took her seriously. So she quit. This is not the only case I've heard about.

If you want to start out with full time status, THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN. All associates start out as part time.

If you want to work in a retail environment for most of your life with a small change of moving up, this is the job for you. – less
Productive and full of life work enviornment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: discounts on new household items
Cons: i worked part time
Bed, Bath and Beyond is a place that was full of life and so much to find. There was always something to do. I learned how to be apart of a team even just as a cashier where most tasks are handled individually. Always a fair and open work space between managers and employees. I also trained as a bridal consultant being able to walk around and get a – more... soon to be married couple registered for their new house is such a joy.

The hardest part about working at bed bath and beyond for me was climbing ladders to stock the shelves holding boxes up and climbing so high was definitely a fear breaker.

The most enjoyable part about my job was learning about different products and being able to solve customer problems when they didn't really know what they were looking for or had issues with a current item. – less
Good learning experience
Department Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 12, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: not much room for advancement.
As a receiving manager my tasks include: unloading trucks, ensuring all merchandise is received correctly, all bills are filled out correctly. Maintaining a clean and safe work environment. I manage two people under me. I also held other positions throughout the company and worked at every rochester, ny location. 13+years of customer service, inventory – more... control and receiving experience. Hardest part of the job would be the physical tasks, lots of heavy lifting. The most enjoyable helping customers, and working with great people. – less
Productive Work Place with great customer service
Cashier, Floor Clerk, Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), Christiana, DEOctober 10, 2014
I would come find what department I am working in and check what needs to be completed before the store closes. I have learned how to adapt to a busy work environment,different ways to provide customer service, and how to multitask productive an efficiently. My co-workers are great they never hesitated to help if they thought it was needed. the hardest – more... part of the job is multitasking between customer service and getting done what I need to do before the store closes.The most enjoyable part is helping a customers find what they came to buy. – less
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee), Hamilton, NJOctober 10, 2014
Cash out customers
Set customers up with registries
returns
exchanges
damages etc.
Excellent Customer Service
Customer Service Training Manager (Current Employee), Montgomeryville, PAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: awesome associates who are very knowledgable
Cons: short breaks
Creating a noticeably better shopping experience for all guests is priority for all associates. Co-workers become family, the hardest part of the job is the work life balance as managers are expected to work at 50+ hour work week, and some travel over an hour to and from work.
Fast paced workplace
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLOctober 9, 2014
Pros: set schedule
Cons: pay, cut hours
A day at the job is usually fast paced, processing and handling freight, including pricing. Co-workers are easy to get along with, management are okay.
Great place to learn
Bridal Consultant-Department Lead (Former Employee), Geneva, ILOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great product knowledge, 20% discount, interaction with customers
Cons: long holiday hours, many tasks to complete within short period of time
I was a department lead for the bedding and bath department. On a typical day I was responsible for making sure that all the new merchandise was set in the correct places. In the department we had to make bedding and window displays. I was also a bridal consultant. This meant that I helped new bridal couples create their best registries while still – more... completing my own tasks.

I learned how to multitask between department tasks and customers. I learned to better help customers by learning what questions to ask and when to ask them.

There were a few managers that I thought did an excellent job managing the store and their departments. While other managers did not do such a great job.

The hardest part of my job was being able to complete all tasks such as running new merchandise, setting new displays, completing ordering and maintaining the department while still giving the best customer service to each customer.

The thing I enjoyed most was learning about all the merchandise. We had to learn about each item in depth when becoming a bridal consultant to best help our couples. – less
productive
VOLUNTEER WORK AT (V.O.A) (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 8, 2014
I learned the different things that goes on in the world that people would never know went on. it was exciting for the most part but when the things continued to happen it start to become disappointing.
very productive place to learn more about your home
Supervisor - Front End Sales (Former Employee), Columbus, GAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: discounts and management
Cons: short breaks
I Learned lots of things while working at Bed Bath and Beyond.
Learned mainly One on One Customer service and the needs of a buyer.
Nice to see regular customers
Front End Manager (Current Employee), Palmdale, CAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: possitive experience with coworkers
Cons: management
Over all this company is highly customer service oriented. Sometimes to a fault especially when an employee serves the company well and attempts to protect the companies assets, only to be scorned, ridiculed and belittled by upper management in front of the customers.
Great Place to work for.
Bridal Consultant (Current Employee), Meridian, MSOctober 2, 2014
Pros: really help you out on people skills
Cons: short breaks
Helping Customer, They teach you how to have excellent customer service,Love my whole magement team and, my co workers .Its nothing hard about the job,enjoyable atomsphere ,keep you on your toes.
Customer Service
Front End/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Golden, COOctober 1, 2014
A typical day at my job would be greeting and working with customers, putting away merchandise, and displaying merchandise to customers. I often answer phones, take messages, look for product at other locations, order product for customers and interact with customers all through my shifts.
Knowledgeable about product
Frontend Manager (Former Employee), Wethersfield, CTSeptember 29, 2014
Everyday going into work I insured that my work area and store was clean and set for the day so that when customers first came in, the store would be clean and fully stocked. Being knowledge about product BBB carried was very important making the customers happy and the business profitable. That the staff was ready and prepared to help every customer – more... that entered the door! I fully believe in making the customer first priority! I built relationships with customers to the point where they would come in and personally ask for me by name. My co workers were very important to me. Having them have a positive attitude, working as a team and not feeling uncomfortable about asking questions 9 out of 10 times will insure for a positive and successful work day. I took pride into training my staff and letting them know that they can always come to me with any concerns involving work to never feel uncomfortable to come to me with any issue they might have. Even personal issues as long as it was at appropriate time if they needed to talk I was there for them for support. Just like anyone if you have something personally going on at home it is sometimes hard to shake off by the time you get to work and sometimes you just need that ear to get threw the day to be able to do the job duties required at there 100%. At the end of day if all customers walked out the door an were happy and satisfied whether they made a purchase or not my myself and co workers would be happy also and it makes a job worth working for! – less

About Bed Bath and Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond (BBB) has everything you need to play "house" for real. It's the nation's #1 superstore domestics – Read more

Bed Bath and Beyond Photos