Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Thought of a job is nice, actual job isn't
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 August 2014
A typical day at work is approaching customers every two songs, asking if they need help, bringing products to the front of the shelf, filling empty spots and putting away the returns.
A few of my managers are nice, the others are not
and all of my co-workers are super nice.
The hardest part of my job is walking around constantly, and lifting heavy products. The most enjoyable is being thanked when I can find the product for them
Pros
employee discount
Cons
unplanned breaks, 75% of the didn't get days you book off
Great first time job, and helped me develop great interpersonal skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, Ontario4 August 2014
Bed Bath and Beyond was a great first time job experience for me, my co-workers were very nice and cooperative with me. In addition, they pushed me further to develop interpersonal skills with the customers. The hardest part of the job was trying to get out of my shell, and interact more with the customers, thankfully I grew more outgoing. Furthermore, I learned more about myself and found out that if I put my mind to something I can succeed and prosper.
Fun Place, like a second family
Customer service, Cashier and Bridal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC23 June 2014
I enjoy working with everyone there, we all help eachother out if needed. management is great and its a very up beat work zone
fun place to work at
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 May 2014
i like my work team they are fun to be around and when its time to tackle work and get moving everyone knows where their place is ....
Pros
great team
Cons
hard to get you ideas passed accross the higher management
Typical Day at Work
Front End/Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 April 2014
A typical day at work included of greeting each and every customer ensuring a positive entrance into the store. Recovery, which meant that each label of every product was to be facing the customer and aligned with the edge of the shelf. Assisting customers with questions regarding if we carried a certain product or the whereabouts of its location in the store. I also personally dealt with exchanges, returns, angry customers and complaints on a daily basis. However, all the staff at BB&B are easy to get along with as long as everyone does their part.
hard labour for not enough pay, management was not professional, tense work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON3 April 2014
a typical day at work would be making sales of many different household products, working at the cash register or stocking new merchandise. i learned a lot about how the retail industry works and how to manage a cash register, as well as customer service and how to help customers get exactly what they came in to purchase. Although i did gain great experience in the retail field, management and co workers were not cooperative and were continuously subjected to drama in the work place, no one worked cooperatively also if there was ever any issues management did not seek to resolve them. The work environment was very tense, there were long hours, and not many with scheduled hours leaving one person or two doing a lot of work themselves.
Pros
good for attaining retail experience
Cons
choice of management and co workers
Love the Products and people work with
Sales Associate Bridal Consoltant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 March 2014
Help Decorate customers home. Windows Specialist Love my co workers.not enough hours
Pros
customers
Cons
not enough hours
Big Box store
Soft Side Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie7 February 2014
Supervising floor associates, ordering product, merchandising, completing reports, customer service and scheduling.

Efficient stock planning for big box retail.

Bed Bath tried to create a dynamic environment but failed on connecting with associates. If you are going to ask for the highest dedication you must make them feel appreciated.
Associates will stay even if the pay isn't great, if they like who they work with and if they feel appreciated, unfortunately there was no appreciation.
Co-workers were fantastic.
Communication with corporate office employees.
Creating a massive store from an empty shell.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Communication
great place!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON7 January 2014
They say work is a place for work but at BBB, it was like working with friends. The atmosphere is very positive. The only downfall is in the slow season, like any retail business, that hours get cut.
Was not the best place for me
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, Alberta6 January 2014
it was slower than what I am used to. I was a cashier so was processing transactions on a daily basis with little error. The management was not that great, but the co-workers that I worked with were nice
A Typical day as a Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 December 2013
A typical day at work includes sweeping the floor before opening to ensure a clean facility aiding customers with enquirers and purchases and loading the floor with merchandise. I learned an excellent amount about the proper approach to sale how to engage the customer through every step and always ensuring the bottom line. The hardest part is being on my feet for 8-10 hours but the most enjoyable was helping the customers.
Pros
Early Start Time, Early Finish Time
Cons
Long Commutes
my experience
Bed, Bath and Beyond, Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2013
The company has a whole is great has in customer service and products. I truly love the company in many ways and learn a lot .

Has per the management team I work with I found it very hard , has a woman in retail that is smart and pretty it was hard for me , I have a lot of years of experience in customer service but couldn't shine at that location due to a lot of managers that were jealous and over aggressive, but I made some great friends and still think the company is great at customer service and great products ,knowledge.

I do respect the company , just the wrong people in power.
Pros
Great products and knowledge
Cons
To many managers in the store i work for, so to much of a good thing is not good.
Great culture and values
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC26 September 2013
The culture of the store is fantastic. The main concern is for customer satisfaction, and I highly appreciate that. The management and co-workers all strive to achieve this, and will go out of their way to make things happen. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a customer is surprised about how much effort we would put in to ensure their satisfaction.
Pros
The company was willing to go the extra step to ensure customer satisfaction
Great Place to work and hone your csr skills
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 August 2013
Amazing managers to work with. Building a relationship and customer service are the main goals. Fun atmosphere to work in. Keeps you busy all the time in a good way. The co-workers are great and always helpful. Emphasis is paid on teamwork.
Pros
Great work Environment
Cons
minimum wage
Great place to work amazing return policy. Always the customer comes first.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON1 August 2013
I work with a great bunch of people. The days and evenings go fast. Always busy with multitude of tasks to do. Front end always very busy directing people to products and or the proper staff member to assist their needs. Very busy with phones and customer inquiries. Directing all phones calls to the appropriate staff. Always maintaining fast and efficient service to the customer and maintaining short lines by always calling for back up. Company policy one plus one in lines so they are always kept to a very minimum.
The absolute best about this company is they recognize your abilities and promote as much as possible. I have been fortunate to be able to go to numerous store openings and am always a front runner for the next opening.
Pros
Pot lucks, employee incentives
Cons
Some days so busy never enough staff. Poor vision coverage
Productive and fun workplace
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 June 2013
My days are typically nine hours where I am superwoman and then some. Focused heavily on customer service tasking is always secondary. Being a retail environment, staff are hard to keep but the ones who do stay are fantastic and enthusiastic. It is still a young company in Canada and is working out the kinks of their operations but overall a wonderful company to work for.
Pros
wonderful discount, fun and exciting products, fun work environment
Cons
long hours, retail environment
Very friendly and helpful customer service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC30 April 2013
Typical day at work is usually busy, but in the evening very slow. I learned a lot of things there, like: team work, self management, organization, some computer work, timing, customer satisfaction and appreciation and lots lots lots of new products which I never new exist. Management there is very friendly and co-workers too, I feel there like I'm coming to my family home and we just have some work to do together. The hardest part of the job is probably to find what to do when everything around is already done and there is not so much of customers flow in the evening. The most enjoyable is when I help customers and they get happy, also facing product in isles, and when it's busy.
Pros
friendly management and co-workers
Cons
low salary, low amount of hours and no raise.
Thoroughly enjoyed
Regional Fullfillment Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2012
This company is great to work for.The managers are friendly and caring.
The environment for me was very cheerful and low stress.
My shifts were Mon-Fri starting at 7:00am until 330pm which created more time for my self and family.
The hardest part about my job was the ever changing amount of orders that came in throughout the day
I spent my days working on my own which at times was very enjoyable
Pros
weekends off, occasional pizza day
Cons
not being able to move up in the company
Fun place to work, great people to work with
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA12 October 2012
Very enjoyable retail environment to be a part of. Great opportunity to be a merchant in a retail environment and know everything about ordering and emrchandising.
Great Customer Service and Training
Soft-side Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2012
This was a pretty good job, they tended not to always stick to what staff was available for when they did scheduling. Turnover was very high and staff morale very low.

I went in did my job and went home.
Pros
lots of training
Cons
no morale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval