Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2015
I have learned a lot about diverse culture and more.
I like to keep myself updated and it was a great opportunity.
my co workers are all very co -operative.
I love working with teams and it was pleasure that I had an position in bed bath and beyond to prove so.
Pros
flaxible timing
Cons
Nothing.
productive and fun work place with partners.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2015
a typical day of an early shift at BBB was really beautiful just to see the process of fill with products all the store from bedding until kitchen .
Pros
motivation from the managers always
Cons
no one
Okay place to work
P/T Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 January 2015
Being paid minimum wage to do way more work than was expected wasn't fun. I was the only associate in my section who was physically able to do ladder work, which there was a lot of. Initially I was told all the stock would be done in the morning before the store even opened, but that wasn't the case. Carrying large, awkward boxes up and down ladders can be really hard. And setting up displays with minimal space is exhausting.

Other than the less than stellar pay, the other staff was amazing, including the department managers. Everyone is super friendly and very willing to help if you have any problems.
Pros
Employee incentive programs run by product manufacturers
Cons
Minimal pay for maximum work
Fun
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  surrey b.c26 November 2014
I learned how to timemanage. work through large amounts of incoming product & customers.
Pros
Good team
Cons
No room to grow or get raises
Nice work place
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 August 2014
Its nice company to work with.
A day is busy at work.
I learned lots of leadership qualities.
management is good.
Thought of a job is nice, actual job isn't
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 August 2014
A typical day at work is approaching customers every two songs, asking if they need help, bringing products to the front of the shelf, filling empty spots and putting away the returns.
A few of my managers are nice, the others are not
and all of my co-workers are super nice.
The hardest part of my job is walking around constantly, and lifting heavy products. The most enjoyable is being thanked when I can find the product for them
Pros
employee discount
Cons
unplanned breaks, 75% of the didn't get days you book off
Great first time job, and helped me develop great interpersonal skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, Ontario4 August 2014
Bed Bath and Beyond was a great first time job experience for me, my co-workers were very nice and cooperative with me. In addition, they pushed me further to develop interpersonal skills with the customers. The hardest part of the job was trying to get out of my shell, and interact more with the customers, thankfully I grew more outgoing. Furthermore, I learned more about myself and found out that if I put my mind to something I can succeed and prosper.
Fun Place, like a second family
Customer service, Cashier and Bridal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC23 June 2014
I enjoy working with everyone there, we all help eachother out if needed. management is great and its a very up beat work zone
fun place to work at
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 May 2014
i like my work team they are fun to be around and when its time to tackle work and get moving everyone knows where their place is ....
Pros
great team
Cons
hard to get you ideas passed accross the higher management
Typical Day at Work
Front End/Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 April 2014
A typical day at work included of greeting each and every customer ensuring a positive entrance into the store. Recovery, which meant that each label of every product was to be facing the customer and aligned with the edge of the shelf. Assisting customers with questions regarding if we carried a certain product or the whereabouts of its location in the store. I also personally dealt with exchanges, returns, angry customers and complaints on a daily basis. However, all the staff at BB&B are easy to get along with as long as everyone does their part.
hard labour for not enough pay, management was not professional, tense work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON3 April 2014
a typical day at work would be making sales of many different household products, working at the cash register or stocking new merchandise. i learned a lot about how the retail industry works and how to manage a cash register, as well as customer service and how to help customers get exactly what they came in to purchase. Although i did gain great experience in the retail field, management and co workers were not cooperative and were continuously subjected to drama in the work place, no one worked cooperatively also if there was ever any issues management did not seek to resolve them. The work environment was very tense, there were long hours, and not many with scheduled hours leaving one person or two doing a lot of work themselves.
Pros
good for attaining retail experience
Cons
choice of management and co workers
Love the Products and people work with
Sales Associate Bridal Consoltant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 March 2014
Help Decorate customers home. Windows Specialist Love my co workers.not enough hours
Pros
customers
Cons
not enough hours
Big Box store
Soft Side Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie7 February 2014
Supervising floor associates, ordering product, merchandising, completing reports, customer service and scheduling.

Efficient stock planning for big box retail.

Bed Bath tried to create a dynamic environment but failed on connecting with associates. If you are going to ask for the highest dedication you must make them feel appreciated.
Associates will stay even if the pay isn't great, if they like who they work with and if they feel appreciated, unfortunately there was no appreciation.
Co-workers were fantastic.
Communication with corporate office employees.
Creating a massive store from an empty shell.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Communication
great place!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON7 January 2014
They say work is a place for work but at BBB, it was like working with friends. The atmosphere is very positive. The only downfall is in the slow season, like any retail business, that hours get cut.
Was not the best place for me
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, Alberta6 January 2014
it was slower than what I am used to. I was a cashier so was processing transactions on a daily basis with little error. The management was not that great, but the co-workers that I worked with were nice
A Typical day as a Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 December 2013
A typical day at work includes sweeping the floor before opening to ensure a clean facility aiding customers with enquirers and purchases and loading the floor with merchandise. I learned an excellent amount about the proper approach to sale how to engage the customer through every step and always ensuring the bottom line. The hardest part is being on my feet for 8-10 hours but the most enjoyable was helping the customers.
Pros
Early Start Time, Early Finish Time
Cons
Long Commutes
my experience
Bed, Bath and Beyond, Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2013
The company has a whole is great has in customer service and products. I truly love the company in many ways and learn a lot .

Has per the management team I work with I found it very hard , has a woman in retail that is smart and pretty it was hard for me , I have a lot of years of experience in customer service but couldn't shine at that location due to a lot of managers that were jealous and over aggressive, but I made some great friends and still think the company is great at customer service and great products ,knowledge.

I do respect the company , just the wrong people in power.
Pros
Great products and knowledge
Cons
To many managers in the store i work for, so to much of a good thing is not good.
Great culture and values
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC26 September 2013
The culture of the store is fantastic. The main concern is for customer satisfaction, and I highly appreciate that. The management and co-workers all strive to achieve this, and will go out of their way to make things happen. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a customer is surprised about how much effort we would put in to ensure their satisfaction.
Pros
The company was willing to go the extra step to ensure customer satisfaction
Great Place to work and hone your csr skills
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 August 2013
Amazing managers to work with. Building a relationship and customer service are the main goals. Fun atmosphere to work in. Keeps you busy all the time in a good way. The co-workers are great and always helpful. Emphasis is paid on teamwork.
Pros
Great work Environment
Cons
minimum wage
Great place to work amazing return policy. Always the customer comes first.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON1 August 2013
I work with a great bunch of people. The days and evenings go fast. Always busy with multitude of tasks to do. Front end always very busy directing people to products and or the proper staff member to assist their needs. Very busy with phones and customer inquiries. Directing all phones calls to the appropriate staff. Always maintaining fast and efficient service to the customer and maintaining short lines by always calling for back up. Company policy one plus one in lines so they are always kept to a very minimum.
The absolute best about this company is they recognize your abilities and promote as much as possible. I have been fortunate to be able to go to numerous store openings and am always a front runner for the next opening.
Pros
Pot lucks, employee incentives
Cons
Some days so busy never enough staff. Poor vision coverage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval