Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2015
I have learned a lot about diverse culture and more.
I like to keep myself updated and it was a great opportunity.
my co workers are all very co -operative.
I love working with teams and it was pleasure that I had an position in bed bath and beyond to prove so.
Pros
flaxible timing
Cons
Nothing.
Great Place to work and hone your csr skills
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 August 2013
Amazing managers to work with. Building a relationship and customer service are the main goals. Fun atmosphere to work in. Keeps you busy all the time in a good way. The co-workers are great and always helpful. Emphasis is paid on teamwork.
Pros
Great work Environment
Cons
minimum wage
Great place to work amazing return policy. Always the customer comes first.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON1 August 2013
I work with a great bunch of people. The days and evenings go fast. Always busy with multitude of tasks to do. Front end always very busy directing people to products and or the proper staff member to assist their needs. Very busy with phones and customer inquiries. Directing all phones calls to the appropriate staff. Always maintaining fast and efficient service to the customer and maintaining short lines by always calling for back up. Company policy one plus one in lines so they are always kept to a very minimum.
The absolute best about this company is they recognize your abilities and promote as much as possible. I have been fortunate to be able to go to numerous store openings and am always a front runner for the next opening.
Pros
Pot lucks, employee incentives
Cons
Some days so busy never enough staff. Poor vision coverage
Worst job!
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 April 2015
Worked for over a year and half at Bed Bath and Beyond as a receiver. Started off with a 12$/hr salary which was fine, but after most employees in the receiving area quit, I was left alone to manage shipments. They refused to give me a raise and I stayed at 12$/hr for the entire year and half until finally I quit.

It seems 70% of employees in one bed bath and beyond location are managers, for every small thing there's a manager, not surprised they didn't assign a manager to the restrooms.

They expect you to work more than you can handle at all times, which became quite stressful when being alone and expected to still maintain the same level of performance when there was 3 employees back in receiving.

My normal retail job which required a moderate amount of physical work turned to be a hard labor job and quite stressful when falling behind when huge shipments are dropped off.

I wouldn't recommended working at BBB, wish I could get back that year and half of my life.
Pros
N/A
Cons
hard labor for a non hard labor job
hard labour for not enough pay, management was not professional, tense work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON3 April 2014
a typical day at work would be making sales of many different household products, working at the cash register or stocking new merchandise. i learned a lot about how the retail industry works and how to manage a cash register, as well as customer service and how to help customers get exactly what they came in to purchase. Although i did gain great experience in the retail field, management and co workers were not cooperative and were continuously subjected to drama in the work place, no one worked cooperatively also if there was ever any issues management did not seek to resolve them. The work environment was very tense, there were long hours, and not many with scheduled hours leaving one person or two doing a lot of work themselves.
Pros
good for attaining retail experience
Cons
choice of management and co workers
Good work place
Sales Associate / Gift Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 May 2015
People are nice at work. Typical day would be helping every customer you see and merchandising at the same time. You help couple's with building gift registries and also help people buy gifts.
Productive work place
SALES-REP HEAD - CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2015
excellent actually very very,
good, and well handled everyday
by the companys managers.
lots of benefits as well as
knowledge within the company itself!
productive and fun work place with partners.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2015
a typical day of an early shift at BBB was really beautiful just to see the process of fill with products all the store from bedding until kitchen .
Pros
motivation from the managers always
Cons
no one
customer service
Associate (Current Employee) –  edmonton3 August 2015
customer service is number one and is the most important thing to all employees!! best wedding registry in Canada !! would recomned to friends and family.
Productive and Enjoyable
Receiving Stock (Current Employee) –  Mississauga21 June 2015
Although the salary may not be the highest, it's still a time-passing and pretty sociable job with the right co workers.
Pros
Time-passing, fun
Cons
Sometimes really hard work
Great Customer Service and Training
Soft-side Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2012
This was a pretty good job, they tended not to always stick to what staff was available for when they did scheduling. Turnover was very high and staff morale very low.

I went in did my job and went home.
Pros
lots of training
Cons
no morale
Loved every minute
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 May 2015
Loved working for BB&B. I assisted the move into Canada. I needed to move away from where a store was at for family reasons. Therefore I had to leave BB&B
Pros
Amazing
Cons
nothing
A little hectic at times but everyone does their job well.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2015
It was a fast paced environment with everyone chipping in. I made friends quickly and got along with just about everyone. overall is was a good experience.
Was not the best place for me
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, Alberta6 January 2014
it was slower than what I am used to. I was a cashier so was processing transactions on a daily basis with little error. The management was not that great, but the co-workers that I worked with were nice
fun place to work at
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 May 2014
i like my work team they are fun to be around and when its time to tackle work and get moving everyone knows where their place is ....
Pros
great team
Cons
hard to get you ideas passed accross the higher management
great place!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON7 January 2014
They say work is a place for work but at BBB, it was like working with friends. The atmosphere is very positive. The only downfall is in the slow season, like any retail business, that hours get cut.
Fun place to work, great people to work with
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA12 October 2012
Very enjoyable retail environment to be a part of. Great opportunity to be a merchant in a retail environment and know everything about ordering and emrchandising.
Fun Place, like a second family
Customer service, Cashier and Bridal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC23 June 2014
I enjoy working with everyone there, we all help eachother out if needed. management is great and its a very up beat work zone
Analytical and amazing, always busy.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 June 2012
Great place to work with a great emphasis on individual improvement and growth.
Pros
learning constantly, busy always
Cons
can be heavy on the hours
Love the Products and people work with
Sales Associate Bridal Consoltant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 March 2014
Help Decorate customers home. Windows Specialist Love my co workers.not enough hours
Pros
customers
Cons
not enough hours