Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

enhanced my confidance and multi-tasking ability
Front end lead associate (Current Employee) –  Bed, Bath and Beyond8 January 2016
Each day is different yet the same. Greeting customers, and engaging in conversation while ringing them through the check out. Making sure their needs are met while answering the phone and sometimes solving other problems that might arise. I've learned so much about myself and what an incredible multi tasker I am. My co workers are incredible. Always dedicated to the customer and putting people first. They always go above and beyond to make our clients happy. The hardest part of the job are the hours. With three kids it's difficult to work varied hours. A set schedule would be wonderful for planning other activities for myself and to meet my children's needs.
Pros
great staff
Cons
retail hours. evenings and weekends.
Unfair
Front end lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 November 2015
I worked here for a little over a year. The people were nice and fun to work with, but after a while you start to realize that the managers cares about themselves only. They wont treat you fairly. The hours they give you are good at first, but then they suck after a while. There were good days and bad days. You don't get anywhere with this job.
Pros
Easy job, fun staff
Cons
Short breaks, rude management
enrolling farms in our incentive program and bull testing
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 October 2015
Was a great experience working with the farming community, really enjoyed helping farms get incentive money to help with their beef, goat or pig farms.
Friendly workplace with supportive staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 October 2015
Enjoyable job in a comfortable, encouraging workplace.Very friendly and helpful coworkers, created great workplace compatibility and enhanced personal communication skills. Everyone was flexible when it came to things such as covering shifts and vacation time. Managers were easy-going, a couple were a bit stiff but overall quite pleasant. Management encouraged productivity and always ensured all employees were satisfied with their job. Although mostly all employees were energetic and maintained a positive attitude, there were a few who caused issues. The most enjoyable part was working alongside highly experienced coworkers and being able to learn workplace techniques from them that I can apply to my work.
Accommodating place to work in.
Soft Side Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  edmonton18 August 2015
not too much hours but very accommodating managers.. it is fun until closing time which closing staff have to sweep and mop floors which is big.. other than that, pretty good place to work at.
active and educational work enviroment
recieving (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2015
each day brings in new products to the store as well as many days where one can get a great exercise with all the walking, lifting and day to day training.
Each day we learn more about common housewares products, curtains, bedding, bathroom accessories.
Pros
new products and customer service
Cons
less then part time hours
customer service
Associate (Current Employee) –  edmonton3 August 2015
customer service is number one and is the most important thing to all employees!! best wedding registry in Canada !! would recomned to friends and family.
Productive work place
SALES-REP HEAD - CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2015
excellent actually very very,
good, and well handled everyday
by the companys managers.
lots of benefits as well as
knowledge within the company itself!
Productive and Enjoyable
Receiving Stock (Current Employee) –  Mississauga21 June 2015
Although the salary may not be the highest, it's still a time-passing and pretty sociable job with the right co workers.
Pros
Time-passing, fun
Cons
Sometimes really hard work
Good work place
Sales Associate / Gift Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 May 2015
People are nice at work. Typical day would be helping every customer you see and merchandising at the same time. You help couple's with building gift registries and also help people buy gifts.
I love working here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 May 2015
 Developed a strong pattern of repeat sales and client loyalty, through accurate and honest product information and help in accessing client needs
 Managed and motivated staff, providing individual support and resolving communication problems
 Extremely sociable, able to put customers at ease and feel appreciated
 Able to resolve customer problems that arise or locating the appropriate personal to assist them, following through, so I will know the answer next time
Loved every minute
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 May 2015
Loved working for BB&B. I assisted the move into Canada. I needed to move away from where a store was at for family reasons. Therefore I had to leave BB&B
Pros
Amazing
Cons
nothing
dominate job
Cashier, Replishment (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 April 2015
typical day at work includes: stocking the store, assisting customers, and going on cash when called.
I learned to be more patient due to the management doesn't exactly care and simply boss you around like a piece of meat, however, all co-workers stick together.
my job it self its easy, keeping on track of the stock room, not everyone keeps it together however i love being in charge of the stock room.
Pros
no dress code
Cons
never enough hours
Worst job!
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 April 2015
Worked for over a year and half at Bed Bath and Beyond as a receiver. Started off with a 12$/hr salary which was fine, but after most employees in the receiving area quit, I was left alone to manage shipments. They refused to give me a raise and I stayed at 12$/hr for the entire year and half until finally I quit.

It seems 70% of employees in one bed bath and beyond location are managers, for every small thing there's a manager, not surprised they didn't assign a manager to the restrooms.

They expect you to work more than you can handle at all times, which became quite stressful when being alone and expected to still maintain the same level of performance when there was 3 employees back in receiving.

My normal retail job which required a moderate amount of physical work turned to be a hard labor job and quite stressful when falling behind when huge shipments are dropped off.

I wouldn't recommended working at BBB, wish I could get back that year and half of my life.
Pros
N/a
Cons
hard labor for a non hard labor job
Nice Hours and Strong Sense of Team Work
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 April 2015
This job required a lot of hard work and commitment. I believe I was able to meet both these requirements. Before this job my sense of teamwork was very weak and I did not have strong interpersonal skills, however after this job I realised how important strong communication skills were. I really enjoyed how well most of the co-workers got along with each other.
Pros
Nice Hours
Cons
Hard Labour (since I worked as a receiver)
Awesome first job that taught me a lot
Sales Associate at Bed (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Ontario20 April 2015
Bed Bath and Beyond was a great company that offered me my first retail job placement. I was trained very well throughout my employment at this store. All of my managers were very friendly and helpful. Whenever I had a question they were there to help. It is unfortunate I had to leave this position due to personal reasons but Bed Bath and Beyond offered me a great experience and taught me a lot.
I was responsible for customer service while I was on the sale floor. I was a "Soft Side Associate" meaning I was working with bedding, towels, and bathroom items. I was responsible for stocking, cleaning, helping customers, finding/locating merchandise, and calling other stores to check their inventories. My favourite part of this job was being able to interact with people. I was happy I was able to help them and connect with them on a personal level - I was overjoyed when I found out a few customers wrote positive comments about me and left them at the cash register for me to read later. The hardest part of the job was originally remembering all of the merchandise and where it all was located, but with the help of the other staff members and the awesome management this became easier for me each and every day.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, good management, reasonable hours
Retail work with LOTS of customer service
Sales/Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON31 March 2015
If you like to sell products, and are more comfortable with lots of customer interactions this job is suited towards you. The aim of the store is to become as close to the customers as possible and to have them leave with 100 % satisfaction every time.
Pros
discount after 90 days
Cons
Management can sometimes be too much
A little hectic at times but everyone does their job well.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2015
It was a fast paced environment with everyone chipping in. I made friends quickly and got along with just about everyone. overall is was a good experience.
fun place to work
Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2015
I have learned a lot about diverse culture and more.
I like to keep myself updated and it was a great opportunity.
my co workers are all very co -operative.
I love working with teams and it was pleasure that I had an position in bed bath and beyond to prove so.
Pros
flaxible timing
Cons
Nothing.
productive and fun work place with partners.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2015
a typical day of an early shift at BBB was really beautiful just to see the process of fill with products all the store from bedding until kitchen .
Pros
motivation from the managers always
Cons
no one

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.