Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Okay place to work
P/T Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 28, 2015
Being paid minimum wage to do way more work than was expected wasn't fun. I was the only associate in my section who was physically able to do ladder work, which there was a lot of. Initially I was told all the stock would be done in the morning before the store even opened, but that wasn't the case. Carrying large, awkward boxes up and down ladders can be really hard. And setting up displays with minimal space is exhausting.

Other than the less than stellar pay, the other staff was amazing, including the department managers. Everyone is super friendly and very willing to help if you have any problems.
Pros
employee incentive programs run by product manufacturers
Cons
minimal pay for maximum work
Great culture and values
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 26, 2013
The culture of the store is fantastic. The main concern is for customer satisfaction, and I highly appreciate that. The management and co-workers all strive to achieve this, and will go out of their way to make things happen. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a customer is surprised about how much effort we would put in to ensure their satisfaction.
Pros
the company was willing to go the extra step to ensure customer satisfaction
Retail work with LOTS of customer service
Sales/Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 31, 2015
If you like to sell products, and are more comfortable with lots of customer interactions this job is suited towards you. The aim of the store is to become as close to the customers as possible and to have them leave with 100 % satisfaction every time.
Pros
discount after 90 days
Cons
Management can sometimes be too much
Productive and fun workplace
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 26, 2013
My days are typically nine hours where I am superwoman and then some. Focused heavily on customer service tasking is always secondary. Being a retail environment, staff are hard to keep but the ones who do stay are fantastic and enthusiastic. It is still a young company in Canada and is working out the kinks of their operations but overall a wonderful company to work for.
Pros
wonderful discount, fun and exciting products, fun work environment
Cons
long hours, retail environment
Nice Hours and Strong Sense of Team Work
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 29, 2015
This job required a lot of hard work and commitment. I believe I was able to meet both these requirements. Before this job my sense of teamwork was very weak and I did not have strong interpersonal skills, however after this job I realised how important strong communication skills were. I really enjoyed how well most of the co-workers got along with each other.
Pros
Nice Hours
Cons
Hard Labour (since I worked as a receiver)
customer service
Associate (Current Employee) –  edmontonAugust 3, 2015
customer service is number one and is the most important thing to all employees!! best wedding registry in Canada !! would recomned to friends and family.
Great place to work amazing return policy. Always the customer comes first.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONAugust 1, 2013
I work with a great bunch of people. The days and evenings go fast. Always busy with multitude of tasks to do. Front end always very busy directing people to products and or the proper staff member to assist their needs. Very busy with phones and customer inquiries. Directing all phones calls to the appropriate staff. Always maintaining fast and efficient service to the customer and maintaining short lines by always calling for back up. Company policy one plus one in lines so they are always kept to a very minimum.
The absolute best about this company is they recognize your abilities and promote as much as possible. I have been fortunate to be able to go to numerous store openings and am always a front runner for the next opening.
Pros
pot lucks, employee incentives
Cons
some days so busy never enough staff. poor vision coverage
fun place to work
Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2015
I have learned a lot about diverse culture and more.
I like to keep myself updated and it was a great opportunity.
my co workers are all very co -operative.
I love working with teams and it was pleasure that I had an position in bed bath and beyond to prove so.
Pros
flaxible timing
Cons
nothing.
Big Box store
Soft Side Manager (Former Employee) –  BarrieFebruary 7, 2014
Supervising floor associates, ordering product, merchandising, completing reports, customer service and scheduling.

Efficient stock planning for big box retail.

Bed Bath tried to create a dynamic environment but failed on connecting with associates. If you are going to ask for the highest dedication you must make them feel appreciated.
Associates will stay even if the pay isn't great, if they like who they work with and if they feel appreciated, unfortunately there was no appreciation.
Co-workers were fantastic.
Communication with corporate office employees.
Creating a massive store from an empty shell.
Pros
pay
Cons
communication
Typical Day at Work
Front End/Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 21, 2014
A typical day at work included of greeting each and every customer ensuring a positive entrance into the store. Recovery, which meant that each label of every product was to be facing the customer and aligned with the edge of the shelf. Assisting customers with questions regarding if we carried a certain product or the whereabouts of its location in the store. I also personally dealt with exchanges, returns, angry customers and complaints on a daily basis. However, all the staff at BB&B are easy to get along with as long as everyone does their part.
Good work place
Sales Associate / Gift Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 26, 2015
People are nice at work. Typical day would be helping every customer you see and merchandising at the same time. You help couple's with building gift registries and also help people buy gifts.
Loved every minute
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 21, 2015
Loved working for BB&B. I assisted the move into Canada. I needed to move away from where a store was at for family reasons. Therefore I had to leave BB&B
Pros
Amazing
Cons
nothing
Thought of a job is nice, actual job isn't
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONAugust 11, 2014
A typical day at work is approaching customers every two songs, asking if they need help, bringing products to the front of the shelf, filling empty spots and putting away the returns.
A few of my managers are nice, the others are not
and all of my co-workers are super nice.
The hardest part of my job is walking around constantly, and lifting heavy products. The most enjoyable is being thanked when I can find the product for them
Pros
employee discount
Cons
unplanned breaks, 75% of the didn't get days you book off
Thoroughly enjoyed
Regional Fullfillment Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 5, 2012
This company is great to work for.The managers are friendly and caring.
The environment for me was very cheerful and low stress.
My shifts were Mon-Fri starting at 7:00am until 330pm which created more time for my self and family.
The hardest part about my job was the ever changing amount of orders that came in throughout the day
I spent my days working on my own which at times was very enjoyable
Pros
weekends off, occasional pizza day
Cons
not being able to move up in the company
AWFUL recruiting team,
Str. Mgr (Former Employee) –  NBJuly 17, 2012
Company strung me along for 5 MONTHS, telling me i was top pick for a new store opening. Had 3 interviews, they even said at one point i had nothing to worry about, there was a lack of people with experience in the area. They eventually hired all the staff and gave me some excuse about how i was accidentally missed. Spoke with other applicants who had similar experience. Im glad i was never hired, if that is how they treat prospective applicants imagine how they treat actual staff.
Great first time job, and helped me develop great interpersonal skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, OntarioAugust 4, 2014
Bed Bath and Beyond was a great first time job experience for me, my co-workers were very nice and cooperative with me. In addition, they pushed me further to develop interpersonal skills with the customers. The hardest part of the job was trying to get out of my shell, and interact more with the customers, thankfully I grew more outgoing. Furthermore, I learned more about myself and found out that if I put my mind to something I can succeed and prosper.
A Typical day as a Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 12, 2013
A typical day at work includes sweeping the floor before opening to ensure a clean facility aiding customers with enquirers and purchases and loading the floor with merchandise. I learned an excellent amount about the proper approach to sale how to engage the customer through every step and always ensuring the bottom line. The hardest part is being on my feet for 8-10 hours but the most enjoyable was helping the customers.
Pros
early start time, early finish time
Cons
long commutes
Fun, family, friendly,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJune 27, 2012
I worked there for almost a year and made lots of friends. They say work is a place for work but at BBB, it was like working with friends. The atmosphere is very positive. The only downfall is in the slow season, like any retail business, that hours get cut.
Pros
two free 15 minute breaks, fair amount of independence
Cons
lots of employees, limited hours
A little hectic at times but everyone does their job well.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2015
It was a fast paced environment with everyone chipping in. I made friends quickly and got along with just about everyone. overall is was a good experience.
fun place to work at
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMay 8, 2014
i like my work team they are fun to be around and when its time to tackle work and get moving everyone knows where their place is ....
Pros
great team
Cons
hard to get you ideas passed accross the higher management