Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews in Canada

my experience
Bed, Bath and Beyond, Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2013
The company has a whole is great has in customer service and products. I truly love the company in many ways and learn a lot .

Has per the management team I work with I found it very hard , has a woman in retail that is smart and pretty it was hard for me , I have a lot of years of experience in customer service but couldn't shine at that location due to a lot of managers that were jealous and over aggressive, but I made some great friends and still think the company is great at customer service and great products ,knowledge.

I do respect the company , just the wrong people in power.
Pros
great products and knowledge
Cons
to many managers in the store i work for, so to much of a good thing is not good.
Great culture and values
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 26, 2013
The culture of the store is fantastic. The main concern is for customer satisfaction, and I highly appreciate that. The management and co-workers all strive to achieve this, and will go out of their way to make things happen. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a customer is surprised about how much effort we would put in to ensure their satisfaction.
Pros
the company was willing to go the extra step to ensure customer satisfaction
Productive and fun workplace
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 26, 2013
My days are typically nine hours where I am superwoman and then some. Focused heavily on customer service tasking is always secondary. Being a retail environment, staff are hard to keep but the ones who do stay are fantastic and enthusiastic. It is still a young company in Canada and is working out the kinks of their operations but overall a wonderful company to work for.
Pros
wonderful discount, fun and exciting products, fun work environment
Cons
long hours, retail environment
AWFUL recruiting team,
Str. Mgr (Former Employee) –  NBJuly 17, 2012
Company strung me along for 5 MONTHS, telling me i was top pick for a new store opening. Had 3 interviews, they even said at one point i had nothing to worry about, there was a lack of people with experience in the area. They eventually hired all the staff and gave me some excuse about how i was accidentally missed. Spoke with other applicants who had similar experience. Im glad i was never hired, if that is how they treat prospective applicants imagine how they treat actual staff.
Thoroughly enjoyed
Regional Fullfillment Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 5, 2012
This company is great to work for.The managers are friendly and caring.
The environment for me was very cheerful and low stress.
My shifts were Mon-Fri starting at 7:00am until 330pm which created more time for my self and family.
The hardest part about my job was the ever changing amount of orders that came in throughout the day
I spent my days working on my own which at times was very enjoyable
Pros
weekends off, occasional pizza day
Cons
not being able to move up in the company
IF YOU LOVED BEING USUED AND ABUSED
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  ONTARIOJune 1, 2012
-LONG hours (60 hrs. + a week) and underpaid.... the amount of NON-PAID OVERTIME - endless!!!! (I would be RICH if BBB paid their salaried managers for all the extra hours they put in!!!!!)
-Loyalty - what is that? - only if you worked for Linen and Things, a spouse of district, a friend of a store manager
- Work Life Balance - HaHaHa
- Training - They say they will - When? (I'm still waiting)
- Realistic expectations - UNREALISTIC!!!
If you want your sanity stay AWAY!!!
Loved every minute
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 21, 2015
Loved working for BB&B. I assisted the move into Canada. I needed to move away from where a store was at for family reasons. Therefore I had to leave BB&B
Pros
Amazing
Cons
nothing
Very friendly and helpful customer service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCApril 30, 2013
Typical day at work is usually busy, but in the evening very slow. I learned a lot of things there, like: team work, self management, organization, some computer work, timing, customer satisfaction and appreciation and lots lots lots of new products which I never new exist. Management there is very friendly and co-workers too, I feel there like I'm coming to my family home and we just have some work to do together. The hardest part of the job is probably to find what to do when everything around is already done and there is not so much of customers flow in the evening. The most enjoyable is when I help customers and they get happy, also facing product in isles, and when it's busy.
Pros
friendly management and co-workers
Cons
low salary, low amount of hours and no raise.
productive and fun work place with partners.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2015
a typical day of an early shift at BBB was really beautiful just to see the process of fill with products all the store from bedding until kitchen .
Pros
motivation from the managers always
Cons
no one
Fun, family, friendly,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJune 27, 2012
I worked there for almost a year and made lots of friends. They say work is a place for work but at BBB, it was like working with friends. The atmosphere is very positive. The only downfall is in the slow season, like any retail business, that hours get cut.
Pros
two free 15 minute breaks, fair amount of independence
Cons
lots of employees, limited hours
A little hectic at times but everyone does their job well.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2015
It was a fast paced environment with everyone chipping in. I made friends quickly and got along with just about everyone. overall is was a good experience.
Great Place to work and hone your csr skills
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 16, 2013
Amazing managers to work with. Building a relationship and customer service are the main goals. Fun atmosphere to work in. Keeps you busy all the time in a good way. The co-workers are great and always helpful. Emphasis is paid on teamwork.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
minimum wage
hard labour for not enough pay, management was not professional, tense work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONApril 3, 2014
a typical day at work would be making sales of many different household products, working at the cash register or stocking new merchandise. i learned a lot about how the retail industry works and how to manage a cash register, as well as customer service and how to help customers get exactly what they came in to purchase. Although i did gain great experience in the retail field, management and co workers were not cooperative and were continuously subjected to drama in the work place, no one worked cooperatively also if there was ever any issues management did not seek to resolve them. The work environment was very tense, there were long hours, and not many with scheduled hours leaving one person or two doing a lot of work themselves.
Pros
good for attaining retail experience
Cons
choice of management and co workers
Great place to work amazing return policy. Always the customer comes first.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONAugust 1, 2013
I work with a great bunch of people. The days and evenings go fast. Always busy with multitude of tasks to do. Front end always very busy directing people to products and or the proper staff member to assist their needs. Very busy with phones and customer inquiries. Directing all phones calls to the appropriate staff. Always maintaining fast and efficient service to the customer and maintaining short lines by always calling for back up. Company policy one plus one in lines so they are always kept to a very minimum.
The absolute best about this company is they recognize your abilities and promote as much as possible. I have been fortunate to be able to go to numerous store openings and am always a front runner for the next opening.
Pros
pot lucks, employee incentives
Cons
some days so busy never enough staff. poor vision coverage
Great Customer Service and Training
Soft-side Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 7, 2012
This was a pretty good job, they tended not to always stick to what staff was available for when they did scheduling. Turnover was very high and staff morale very low.

I went in did my job and went home.
Pros
lots of training
Cons
no morale
fun place to work at
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMay 8, 2014
i like my work team they are fun to be around and when its time to tackle work and get moving everyone knows where their place is ....
Pros
great team
Cons
hard to get you ideas passed accross the higher management
Was not the best place for me
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AlbertaJanuary 6, 2014
it was slower than what I am used to. I was a cashier so was processing transactions on a daily basis with little error. The management was not that great, but the co-workers that I worked with were nice
great place!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 7, 2014
Fun place to work, great people to work with
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  GTAOctober 12, 2012
Very enjoyable retail environment to be a part of. Great opportunity to be a merchant in a retail environment and know everything about ordering and emrchandising.
Fun Place, like a second family
Customer service, Cashier and Bridal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJune 23, 2014
I enjoy working with everyone there, we all help eachother out if needed. management is great and its a very up beat work zone