Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews in Canada

productive and fun work place with partners.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2015
a typical day of an early shift at BBB was really beautiful just to see the process of fill with products all the store from bedding until kitchen .
Pros
motivation from the managers always
Cons
no one
Nice work place
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 27, 2014
Its nice company to work with.
A day is busy at work.
I learned lots of leadership qualities.
management is good.
Big Box store
Soft Side Manager (Former Employee) –  BarrieFebruary 7, 2014
Supervising floor associates, ordering product, merchandising, completing reports, customer service and scheduling.

Efficient stock planning for big box retail.

Bed Bath tried to create a dynamic environment but failed on connecting with associates. If you are going to ask for the highest dedication you must make them feel appreciated.
Associates will stay even if the pay isn't great, if they like who they work with and if they feel appreciated, unfortunately there was no appreciation.
Co-workers were fantastic.
Communication with corporate office employees.
Creating a massive store from an empty shell.
Pros
pay
Cons
communication
Thought of a job is nice, actual job isn't
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONAugust 11, 2014
A typical day at work is approaching customers every two songs, asking if they need help, bringing products to the front of the shelf, filling empty spots and putting away the returns.
A few of my managers are nice, the others are not
and all of my co-workers are super nice.
The hardest part of my job is walking around constantly, and lifting heavy products. The most enjoyable is being thanked when I can find the product for them
Pros
employee discount
Cons
unplanned breaks, 75% of the didn't get days you book off
Was not the best place for me
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AlbertaJanuary 6, 2014
it was slower than what I am used to. I was a cashier so was processing transactions on a daily basis with little error. The management was not that great, but the co-workers that I worked with were nice
Typical Day at Work
Front End/Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 21, 2014
A typical day at work included of greeting each and every customer ensuring a positive entrance into the store. Recovery, which meant that each label of every product was to be facing the customer and aligned with the edge of the shelf. Assisting customers with questions regarding if we carried a certain product or the whereabouts of its location in the store. I also personally dealt with exchanges, returns, angry customers and complaints on a daily basis. However, all the staff at BB&B are easy to get along with as long as everyone does their part.
Great first time job, and helped me develop great interpersonal skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, OntarioAugust 4, 2014
Bed Bath and Beyond was a great first time job experience for me, my co-workers were very nice and cooperative with me. In addition, they pushed me further to develop interpersonal skills with the customers. The hardest part of the job was trying to get out of my shell, and interact more with the customers, thankfully I grew more outgoing. Furthermore, I learned more about myself and found out that if I put my mind to something I can succeed and prosper.
AWFUL recruiting team,
Str. Mgr (Former Employee) –  NBJuly 17, 2012
Company strung me along for 5 MONTHS, telling me i was top pick for a new store opening. Had 3 interviews, they even said at one point i had nothing to worry about, there was a lack of people with experience in the area. They eventually hired all the staff and gave me some excuse about how i was accidentally missed. Spoke with other applicants who had similar experience. Im glad i was never hired, if that is how they treat prospective applicants imagine how they treat actual staff.
Thoroughly enjoyed
Regional Fullfillment Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 5, 2012
This company is great to work for.The managers are friendly and caring.
The environment for me was very cheerful and low stress.
My shifts were Mon-Fri starting at 7:00am until 330pm which created more time for my self and family.
The hardest part about my job was the ever changing amount of orders that came in throughout the day
I spent my days working on my own which at times was very enjoyable
Pros
weekends off, occasional pizza day
Cons
not being able to move up in the company
A Typical day as a Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 12, 2013
A typical day at work includes sweeping the floor before opening to ensure a clean facility aiding customers with enquirers and purchases and loading the floor with merchandise. I learned an excellent amount about the proper approach to sale how to engage the customer through every step and always ensuring the bottom line. The hardest part is being on my feet for 8-10 hours but the most enjoyable was helping the customers.
Pros
early start time, early finish time
Cons
long commutes
Fun, family, friendly,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJune 27, 2012
I worked there for almost a year and made lots of friends. They say work is a place for work but at BBB, it was like working with friends. The atmosphere is very positive. The only downfall is in the slow season, like any retail business, that hours get cut.
Pros
two free 15 minute breaks, fair amount of independence
Cons
lots of employees, limited hours
Great Place to work and hone your csr skills
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 16, 2013
Amazing managers to work with. Building a relationship and customer service are the main goals. Fun atmosphere to work in. Keeps you busy all the time in a good way. The co-workers are great and always helpful. Emphasis is paid on teamwork.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
minimum wage
Great Customer Service and Training
Soft-side Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 7, 2012
This was a pretty good job, they tended not to always stick to what staff was available for when they did scheduling. Turnover was very high and staff morale very low.

I went in did my job and went home.
Pros
lots of training
Cons
no morale
great place!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJanuary 7, 2014
Analytical and amazing, always busy.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 28, 2012
Great place to work with a great emphasis on individual improvement and growth.
Pros
learning constantly, busy always
Cons
can be heavy on the hours
Fun place to work, great people to work with
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  GTAOctober 12, 2012
Very enjoyable retail environment to be a part of. Great opportunity to be a merchant in a retail environment and know everything about ordering and emrchandising.
Love the Products and people work with
Sales Associate Bridal Consoltant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 10, 2014
Help Decorate customers home. Windows Specialist Love my co workers.not enough hours
Pros
customers
Cons
not enough hours