Bed Bath & Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Team environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 March 2016
Manager is very accomadating with scheduling what u can work. There is lots to do in very little time. Customers come first. They have a person for training people to help u learn. You need to work hard and do your job to move up. Managers recognize those that do their job with little complaining. Never a boring day. Lazy people don't last. People that listen and pay attention are successful.
Pros
Scheduling is always accomadating to everyone. Just speak to the store manager
Cons
Lots to do little time
Great job experience
Offered exceptional customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2016
It's a busy store. Lots of incentive to achieve better performance. Good team work. We had a good team working together. great management. Lot of learning experience.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
Far from my residence
A very gratifying and hardworking surrounding
Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 November 2016
A typical day at work was walking around and checking if any customers needed help, if so I'd walk with them to the item(s) they were looking for and explain the background of it to them if necessary. I usually had a closing shift so recovery was a big part of my job, organizing the shelves, sweeping and mopping the floors, cleaning the bathrooms etc. I learned how to quickly adjust to any situation, how to be responsible, how working with others can teach you how to communicate effectively, to keep cool in tough situations and to always do more than what's asked of you. Overall management was good, sometimes tricky because each manager was different and they all wanted things done differently. My co-workers were all lovely and I made friends really easily. I'm a very confident person and I love to talk, only when it's the right time though. The hardest part of my job was having to be on my feet for all of my shift which a lot of the times were 8 to 9 hours.The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely working with the people, the good and the bad because the bad just made you appreciate the good.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Long hours in which you're always on your feet
Starts off fun and enjoyable and ends up being a place you'd rather not be.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON12 February 2016
Management is constantly changing how things are done without properly informing ALL of the employees. Lack of training. Too much favoritism. Managers expect way to much to be done in not enough time. All the company thinks about is the almighty dollar. Customers, overall, are treated well but not so much for the employees.
An ok place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON25 April 2016
Bed Bath and Beyond is on occasion an ok place to work. However it is one of the most demanding jobs I have ever had. The people were great and the work environment was stable.
Pros
employee incetives
Cons
physical demand
Energetic, fast paced, timely, grey views
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 February 2016
routines-freight,down stock,sign checks,customer service. learned merchandising and ordering. management have little training time or time to help employees.Co workers work hard and i keep it buisnes only. hardest part is time management and most enjoyable is the work itself.
Pros
discounts
Cons
small lunch room
enhanced my confidance and multi-tasking ability
Front end lead associate (Current Employee) –  Bed, Bath and Beyond8 January 2016
Each day is different yet the same. Greeting customers, and engaging in conversation while ringing them through the check out. Making sure their needs are met while answering the phone and sometimes solving other problems that might arise. I've learned so much about myself and what an incredible multi tasker I am. My co workers are incredible. Always dedicated to the customer and putting people first. They always go above and beyond to make our clients happy. The hardest part of the job are the hours. With three kids it's difficult to work varied hours. A set schedule would be wonderful for planning other activities for myself and to meet my children's needs.
Pros
great staff
Cons
retail hours. evenings and weekends.
Being a Cashier at BB&B
Cashier/ Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2016
I worked as a cashier at Bed Bath & Beyond and it was really fun! There was a great mixture of people and a fun, stress-free environment.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Nice place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 May 2016
The work wasn't too demanding or hard. Great place to work and employees were friendly. Some of the management however were unprofessional and rude.
Unfair
Front end lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 November 2015
I worked here for a little over a year. The people were nice and fun to work with, but after a while you start to realize that the managers cares about themselves only. They wont treat you fairly. The hours they give you are good at first, but then they suck after a while. There were good days and bad days. You don't get anywhere with this job.
Pros
Easy job, fun staff
Cons
Short breaks, rude management
Exciting to learn and try so many products - staff are hit and miss
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 April 2016
Working with so many products can seem daunting to some, but really, I liked it - so many cool things to learn about and try out. All things I learned about product was self taught - the training was almost non-existent. No matter how much I urged for details on products from management they'd just tell me to fake it and wing it when recommending things to customers. I didn't like that so I spent my own time researching products and reviews to better help customers.

The long term employees were two-faced and jaded. The more casual work force was friendlier and more welcoming.

Management, unsurprisingly was unappreciative of hard working individuals. There were promises of rewards for excessively beating sales targets that were often "forgotten" and swept under the rug. Compliments were few and far in between.

The work itself wasn't hard, even on the busiest days, interacting with customers and making sure they left happy was the highlight of my days. The excellent return policy relaxed many nervous shoppers.
Pros
Purchasing discounts
Cons
Short, spread out hours, unpredictable schedule.
Friendly workplace with supportive staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 October 2015
Enjoyable job in a comfortable, encouraging workplace.Very friendly and helpful coworkers, created great workplace compatibility and enhanced personal communication skills. Everyone was flexible when it came to things such as covering shifts and vacation time. Managers were easy-going, a couple were a bit stiff but overall quite pleasant. Management encouraged productivity and always ensured all employees were satisfied with their job. Although mostly all employees were energetic and maintained a positive attitude, there were a few who caused issues. The most enjoyable part was working alongside highly experienced coworkers and being able to learn workplace techniques from them that I can apply to my work.
active and educational work enviroment
recieving (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2015
each day brings in new products to the store as well as many days where one can get a great exercise with all the walking, lifting and day to day training.
Each day we learn more about common housewares products, curtains, bedding, bathroom accessories.
Pros
new products and customer service
Cons
less then part time hours
enrolling farms in our incentive program and bull testing
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 October 2015
Was a great experience working with the farming community, really enjoyed helping farms get incentive money to help with their beef, goat or pig farms.
I love working here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON21 May 2015
 Developed a strong pattern of repeat sales and client loyalty, through accurate and honest product information and help in accessing client needs
 Managed and motivated staff, providing individual support and resolving communication problems
 Extremely sociable, able to put customers at ease and feel appreciated
 Able to resolve customer problems that arise or locating the appropriate personal to assist them, following through, so I will know the answer next time
dominate job
Cashier, Replishment (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 April 2015
typical day at work includes: stocking the store, assisting customers, and going on cash when called.
I learned to be more patient due to the management doesn't exactly care and simply boss you around like a piece of meat, however, all co-workers stick together.
my job it self its easy, keeping on track of the stock room, not everyone keeps it together however i love being in charge of the stock room.
Pros
no dress code
Cons
never enough hours
Nice Hours and Strong Sense of Team Work
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 April 2015
This job required a lot of hard work and commitment. I believe I was able to meet both these requirements. Before this job my sense of teamwork was very weak and I did not have strong interpersonal skills, however after this job I realised how important strong communication skills were. I really enjoyed how well most of the co-workers got along with each other.
Pros
Nice Hours
Cons
Hard Labour (since I worked as a receiver)
Okay place to work
P/T Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 January 2015
Being paid minimum wage to do way more work than was expected wasn't fun. I was the only associate in my section who was physically able to do ladder work, which there was a lot of. Initially I was told all the stock would be done in the morning before the store even opened, but that wasn't the case. Carrying large, awkward boxes up and down ladders can be really hard. And setting up displays with minimal space is exhausting.

Other than the less than stellar pay, the other staff was amazing, including the department managers. Everyone is super friendly and very willing to help if you have any problems.
Pros
Employee incentive programs run by product manufacturers
Cons
Minimal pay for maximum work
Retail work with LOTS of customer service
Sales/Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON31 March 2015
If you like to sell products, and are more comfortable with lots of customer interactions this job is suited towards you. The aim of the store is to become as close to the customers as possible and to have them leave with 100 % satisfaction every time.
Pros
discount after 90 days
Cons
Management can sometimes be too much
Accommodating place to work in.
Soft Side Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  edmonton18 August 2015
not too much hours but very accommodating managers.. it is fun until closing time which closing staff have to sweep and mop floors which is big.. other than that, pretty good place to work at.