Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Great job experience
Offered exceptional customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 2, 2016
It's a busy store. Lots of incentive to achieve better performance. Good team work. We had a good team working together. great management. Lot of learning experience.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
Far from my residence
enhanced my confidance and multi-tasking ability
Front end lead associate (Current Employee) –  Bed, Bath and BeyondJanuary 8, 2016
Each day is different yet the same. Greeting customers, and engaging in conversation while ringing them through the check out. Making sure their needs are met while answering the phone and sometimes solving other problems that might arise. I've learned so much about myself and what an incredible multi tasker I am. My co workers are incredible. Always dedicated to the customer and putting people first. They always go above and beyond to make our clients happy. The hardest part of the job are the hours. With three kids it's difficult to work varied hours. A set schedule would be wonderful for planning other activities for myself and to meet my children's needs.
Pros
great staff
Cons
retail hours. evenings and weekends.
Unfair
Front end lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 25, 2015
I worked here for a little over a year. The people were nice and fun to work with, but after a while you start to realize that the managers cares about themselves only. They wont treat you fairly. The hours they give you are good at first, but then they suck after a while. There were good days and bad days. You don't get anywhere with this job.
Pros
Easy job, fun staff
Cons
Short breaks, rude management
Worst job!
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 29, 2015
Worked for over a year and half at Bed Bath and Beyond as a receiver. Started off with a 12$/hr salary which was fine, but after most employees in the receiving area quit, I was left alone to manage shipments. They refused to give me a raise and I stayed at 12$/hr for the entire year and half until finally I quit.

It seems 70% of employees in one bed bath and beyond location are managers, for every small thing there's a manager, not surprised they didn't assign a manager to the restrooms.

They expect you to work more than you can handle at all times, which became quite stressful when being alone and expected to still maintain the same level of performance when there was 3 employees back in receiving.

My normal retail job which required a moderate amount of physical work turned to be a hard labor job and quite stressful when falling behind when huge shipments are dropped off.

I wouldn't recommended working at BBB, wish I could get back that year and half of my life.
Pros
N/A
Cons
hard labor for a non hard labor job
An ok place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONApril 25, 2016
Bed Bath and Beyond is on occasion an ok place to work. However it is one of the most demanding jobs I have ever had. The people were great and the work environment was stable.
Pros
employee incetives
Cons
physical demand
Very friendly and helpful customer service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCApril 30, 2013
Typical day at work is usually busy, but in the evening very slow. I learned a lot of things there, like: team work, self management, organization, some computer work, timing, customer satisfaction and appreciation and lots lots lots of new products which I never new exist. Management there is very friendly and co-workers too, I feel there like I'm coming to my family home and we just have some work to do together. The hardest part of the job is probably to find what to do when everything around is already done and there is not so much of customers flow in the evening. The most enjoyable is when I help customers and they get happy, also facing product in isles, and when it's busy.
Pros
friendly management and co-workers
Cons
low salary, low amount of hours and no raise.
Being a Cashier at BB&B
Cashier/ Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 29, 2016
I worked as a cashier at Bed Bath & Beyond and it was really fun! There was a great mixture of people and a fun, stress-free environment.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Nice place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 6, 2016
The work wasn't too demanding or hard. Great place to work and employees were friendly. Some of the management however were unprofessional and rude.
hard labour for not enough pay, management was not professional, tense work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONApril 3, 2014
a typical day at work would be making sales of many different household products, working at the cash register or stocking new merchandise. i learned a lot about how the retail industry works and how to manage a cash register, as well as customer service and how to help customers get exactly what they came in to purchase. Although i did gain great experience in the retail field, management and co workers were not cooperative and were continuously subjected to drama in the work place, no one worked cooperatively also if there was ever any issues management did not seek to resolve them. The work environment was very tense, there were long hours, and not many with scheduled hours leaving one person or two doing a lot of work themselves.
Pros
good for attaining retail experience
Cons
choice of management and co workers
Great culture and values
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 26, 2013
The culture of the store is fantastic. The main concern is for customer satisfaction, and I highly appreciate that. The management and co-workers all strive to achieve this, and will go out of their way to make things happen. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a customer is surprised about how much effort we would put in to ensure their satisfaction.
Pros
the company was willing to go the extra step to ensure customer satisfaction
Productive work place
SALES-REP HEAD - CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2015
excellent actually very very,
good, and well handled everyday
by the companys managers.
lots of benefits as well as
knowledge within the company itself!
dominate job
Cashier, Replishment (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 30, 2015
typical day at work includes: stocking the store, assisting customers, and going on cash when called.
I learned to be more patient due to the management doesn't exactly care and simply boss you around like a piece of meat, however, all co-workers stick together.
my job it self its easy, keeping on track of the stock room, not everyone keeps it together however i love being in charge of the stock room.
Pros
no dress code
Cons
never enough hours
enrolling farms in our incentive program and bull testing
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 26, 2015
Was a great experience working with the farming community, really enjoyed helping farms get incentive money to help with their beef, goat or pig farms.
Awesome first job that taught me a lot
Sales Associate at Bed (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OntarioApril 20, 2015
Bed Bath and Beyond was a great company that offered me my first retail job placement. I was trained very well throughout my employment at this store. All of my managers were very friendly and helpful. Whenever I had a question they were there to help. It is unfortunate I had to leave this position due to personal reasons but Bed Bath and Beyond offered me a great experience and taught me a lot.
I was responsible for customer service while I was on the sale floor. I was a "Soft Side Associate" meaning I was working with bedding, towels, and bathroom items. I was responsible for stocking, cleaning, helping customers, finding/locating merchandise, and calling other stores to check their inventories. My favourite part of this job was being able to interact with people. I was happy I was able to help them and connect with them on a personal level - I was overjoyed when I found out a few customers wrote positive comments about me and left them at the cash register for me to read later. The hardest part of the job was originally remembering all of the merchandise and where it all was located, but with the help of the other staff members and the awesome management this became easier for me each and every day.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, good management, reasonable hours
my experience
Bed, Bath and Beyond, Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2013
The company has a whole is great has in customer service and products. I truly love the company in many ways and learn a lot .

Has per the management team I work with I found it very hard , has a woman in retail that is smart and pretty it was hard for me , I have a lot of years of experience in customer service but couldn't shine at that location due to a lot of managers that were jealous and over aggressive, but I made some great friends and still think the company is great at customer service and great products ,knowledge.

I do respect the company , just the wrong people in power.
Pros
great products and knowledge
Cons
to many managers in the store i work for, so to much of a good thing is not good.
Productive and Enjoyable
Receiving Stock (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJune 21, 2015
Although the salary may not be the highest, it's still a time-passing and pretty sociable job with the right co workers.
Pros
Time-passing, fun
Cons
Sometimes really hard work
Fun
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  surrey b.cNovember 26, 2014
I learned how to timemanage. work through large amounts of incoming product & customers.
Pros
good team
Cons
no room to grow or get raises
Retail work with LOTS of customer service
Sales/Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 31, 2015
If you like to sell products, and are more comfortable with lots of customer interactions this job is suited towards you. The aim of the store is to become as close to the customers as possible and to have them leave with 100 % satisfaction every time.
Pros
discount after 90 days
Cons
Management can sometimes be too much
active and educational work enviroment
recieving (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2015
each day brings in new products to the store as well as many days where one can get a great exercise with all the walking, lifting and day to day training.
Each day we learn more about common housewares products, curtains, bedding, bathroom accessories.
Pros
new products and customer service
Cons
less then part time hours
fun place to work
Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2015
I have learned a lot about diverse culture and more.
I like to keep myself updated and it was a great opportunity.
my co workers are all very co -operative.
I love working with teams and it was pleasure that I had an position in bed bath and beyond to prove so.
Pros
flaxible timing
Cons
nothing.