Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Bed bath and beyond
Hard Side Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 January 2017
comfortable enviornment, good pay, not too understaanding managment, low engagment in other employees working. snsus sdusjs sdsdskmw wbdbwehwe weiudwe we. dont make me write more than i have to say to a computer
fulfilling
o Warehouse merchandising (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 January 2017
I Completed tasks in the warehouse such as merchandising, receiving and stocking.Relieved cashier and processed orders and processed customer returns, also assisted clients with locating items and provided honest product information
Fast paced environment but very negative employee environment
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
At first being hired based on experience alot of us were brought in to build a core team. The company was glorified as being a great place to learn and grow. Had plenty of opportunity to learn but there wasnt much attention to supporting and setting employees up for success. As receiving manager i had a huge workload which was no problem for me but with lack of support from upper management there was no way of getting everything done, being a manager below the upper level team meant i had no say in anything. My work was not important at end of day but would still get blamed for everything. Also first year was great, was given plenty of extra responsibiltiy including store openings and staff training, was being finessed to become next ops manager until my current ops manager at the time neglected to do his job and i was thrown under the bus even after he admitted to lack of training me. After that i was treated like a sore thumb no matter how hard i worked and the great reputation i had with co-workers and fellow department managers, upper management belittled my every move. Saw this happen to other associates/managers not only at my store but others as well. Note to company: leave your american managers in america, the canadian retail culture does not need nor appreciate their back stabbing, iron fisted ruling. You lose alot of great hard working people that way.
Pros
Some decent people to work with, self growth, overtime
Cons
Poor upper management, negative atmosphere, no support, fake smiles.
Exhausting
Recieving Line/ Cash/ Floor sales (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 January 2017
I wouldn't say I had the best time, a lot of the people were fantastic that I had the opportunity to work with, but I would not say its ideal, as the new manager of the store isn't the easiest person to work with.
fun place to work
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS30 December 2016
Gained experience in many aspects of the store while working all the areas. Everyone worked well together. Would either work 8 to 430 or 1 to 930.
productive and big on customer service
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC30 December 2016
Management is easy to deal with and quite friendly. Most of the staff are friendly and is a good environment to work in. The company is big on knowing about the details of each product and there are multiple systems that are used.
Cons
no set hours
Awesome and fun place
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 December 2016
Working here everyone works together and no matter what you can always depend on either management or other co-workers to be there to help with nything
Pros
Awesome people and management
Cons
Not enough Hours
I learned alot.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 December 2016
I learned a lot although, hours were cut drastically and there was no room for advancement within the company unfortunately. Management was not the greatest at times, but the staff were friendly and most relatively helpful.
A very gratifying and hardworking surrounding
Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 November 2016
A typical day at work was walking around and checking if any customers needed help, if so I'd walk with them to the item(s) they were looking for and explain the background of it to them if necessary. I usually had a closing shift so recovery was a big part of my job, organizing the shelves, sweeping and mopping the floors, cleaning the bathrooms etc. I learned how to quickly adjust to any situation, how to be responsible, how working with others can teach you how to communicate effectively, to keep cool in tough situations and to always do more than what's asked of you. Overall management was good, sometimes tricky because each manager was different and they all wanted things done differently. My co-workers were all lovely and I made friends really easily. I'm a very confident person and I love to talk, only when it's the right time though. The hardest part of my job was having to be on my feet for all of my shift which a lot of the times were 8 to 9 hours.The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely working with the people, the good and the bad because the bad just made you appreciate the good.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Long hours in which you're always on your feet
Lots to do
Cashier / Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 October 2016
There was always a lot to do and so much going on, time went by so quickly. The overall experience was decent, however, much like every workplace there was the odd person who knew just how to get under your skin.
Pros
Discount, time went quick
Cons
Super busy
productive and fun
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC18 October 2016
Was working here temporary for store opening. Did a lot of pricing and tagging. Also learned some customer service skills. Very friendly people. Helped set up the whole store for opening
High energy workplace
Store Setup Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 October 2016
This wasn't a typical situation, as a new store was being set up, but it was fast paced for the first few days, and then slowed down.
The supervisors were all friendly and professional.
Great and enjoyable workplace with free k-cup coffee
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 September 2016
- Enjoyed coming into work and facing new challenges
- Management is very understanding
- Co-workers were a blast to be around
- hardest part of the job was leaving Bed Bath & Beyond
awesome
Sales Associate - Team lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2016
Amazing work place, amazing people, couldnt ask for anything else. Sales associate and cashier training is amazing. Management team does and awesome job 10/10
Pros
20% off
great place to strt off
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 September 2016
scheduling is good always gives u three weeks in advance
so u can plan ahead
coworkers are friendly
some or hard to deal with
being cashier is alot of work
Pros
they make lists of food to buy evry month
Cons
sometimes u dont get ur break
Good environment, bad attitudes
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE/SALES (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
Customer service, management was bad, lack of praise when you did a good job, pay was bad for the amount of work an effort given .
Pros
worked with good people
Cons
managment, hours, lack of praise
Great place to work, with great people
CSL (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 September 2016
Great place to work. The staff is very friendly, and definately a close knit kind of group. They make the day fun, yet we always manage to get our work done. Company is very caring, always willing to be flexible around my family's schedule. Hard work, but it is worth it to help customers find exactly what they are looking for. Stock gets to be a bit much at times, but we all pitch in. Finally found my work family.
Pros
Working with great people, great discounts and fun contests
It was a cool job
Soft side team member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 September 2016
It was a cool job because of the items that they sold. A typical day of work was stocking and dealing with customers which was nice. Management was generally good. The co-workers were great many of them became close friends. The hardest part of the job was trying to maintain a school work-life balance, but you learn as you go. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting good at the job and knowing the answers to any question a customer could ask.
Pros
team incentives.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2016
Bed Bath and Beyond was an amazing place work. The management, the fellow employees, just everything is enjoyable. They taught me everything i need to know to be in retail, including cash handling
Pros
Get great discounts
Cons
Rude customers
Great People
Supervisor/Lead (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 August 2016
Great people to work with. Management who help you through a hard day is a great place to work, will recommend to anyone. When you work hard, they will recognize it and most likely promote if the opportunity presents itself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.