Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews in Canada

Accommodating place to work in.
Soft Side Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  edmontonAugust 18, 2015
not too much hours but very accommodating managers.. it is fun until closing time which closing staff have to sweep and mop floors which is big.. other than that, pretty good place to work at.
dominate job
Cashier, Replishment (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 30, 2015
typical day at work includes: stocking the store, assisting customers, and going on cash when called.
I learned to be more patient due to the management doesn't exactly care and simply boss you around like a piece of meat, however, all co-workers stick together.
my job it self its easy, keeping on track of the stock room, not everyone keeps it together however i love being in charge of the stock room.
Pros
no dress code
Cons
never enough hours
Nice Hours and Strong Sense of Team Work
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 29, 2015
This job required a lot of hard work and commitment. I believe I was able to meet both these requirements. Before this job my sense of teamwork was very weak and I did not have strong interpersonal skills, however after this job I realised how important strong communication skills were. I really enjoyed how well most of the co-workers got along with each other.
Pros
Nice Hours
Cons
Hard Labour (since I worked as a receiver)
Retail work with LOTS of customer service
Sales/Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 31, 2015
If you like to sell products, and are more comfortable with lots of customer interactions this job is suited towards you. The aim of the store is to become as close to the customers as possible and to have them leave with 100 % satisfaction every time.
Pros
discount after 90 days
Cons
Management can sometimes be too much
Productive work place
SALES-REP HEAD - CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2015
excellent actually very very,
good, and well handled everyday
by the companys managers.
lots of benefits as well as
knowledge within the company itself!
customer service
Associate (Current Employee) –  edmontonAugust 3, 2015
customer service is number one and is the most important thing to all employees!! best wedding registry in Canada !! would recomned to friends and family.
Okay place to work
P/T Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 28, 2015
Being paid minimum wage to do way more work than was expected wasn't fun. I was the only associate in my section who was physically able to do ladder work, which there was a lot of. Initially I was told all the stock would be done in the morning before the store even opened, but that wasn't the case. Carrying large, awkward boxes up and down ladders can be really hard. And setting up displays with minimal space is exhausting.

Other than the less than stellar pay, the other staff was amazing, including the department managers. Everyone is super friendly and very willing to help if you have any problems.
Pros
employee incentive programs run by product manufacturers
Cons
minimal pay for maximum work
Worst job!
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 29, 2015
Worked for over a year and half at Bed Bath and Beyond as a receiver. Started off with a 12$/hr salary which was fine, but after most employees in the receiving area quit, I was left alone to manage shipments. They refused to give me a raise and I stayed at 12$/hr for the entire year and half until finally I quit.

It seems 70% of employees in one bed bath and beyond location are managers, for every small thing there's a manager, not surprised they didn't assign a manager to the restrooms.

They expect you to work more than you can handle at all times, which became quite stressful when being alone and expected to still maintain the same level of performance when there was 3 employees back in receiving.

My normal retail job which required a moderate amount of physical work turned to be a hard labor job and quite stressful when falling behind when huge shipments are dropped off.

I wouldn't recommended working at BBB, wish I could get back that year and half of my life.
Pros
N/A
Cons
hard labor for a non hard labor job
Good work place
Sales Associate / Gift Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 26, 2015
People are nice at work. Typical day would be helping every customer you see and merchandising at the same time. You help couple's with building gift registries and also help people buy gifts.
Productive and Enjoyable
Receiving Stock (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJune 21, 2015
Although the salary may not be the highest, it's still a time-passing and pretty sociable job with the right co workers.
Pros
Time-passing, fun
Cons
Sometimes really hard work
fun place to work
Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2015
I have learned a lot about diverse culture and more.
I like to keep myself updated and it was a great opportunity.
my co workers are all very co -operative.
I love working with teams and it was pleasure that I had an position in bed bath and beyond to prove so.
Pros
flaxible timing
Cons
nothing.
Loved every minute
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 21, 2015
Loved working for BB&B. I assisted the move into Canada. I needed to move away from where a store was at for family reasons. Therefore I had to leave BB&B
Pros
Amazing
Cons
nothing
Thought of a job is nice, actual job isn't
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONAugust 11, 2014
A typical day at work is approaching customers every two songs, asking if they need help, bringing products to the front of the shelf, filling empty spots and putting away the returns.
A few of my managers are nice, the others are not
and all of my co-workers are super nice.
The hardest part of my job is walking around constantly, and lifting heavy products. The most enjoyable is being thanked when I can find the product for them
Pros
employee discount
Cons
unplanned breaks, 75% of the didn't get days you book off
Great first time job, and helped me develop great interpersonal skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, OntarioAugust 4, 2014
Bed Bath and Beyond was a great first time job experience for me, my co-workers were very nice and cooperative with me. In addition, they pushed me further to develop interpersonal skills with the customers. The hardest part of the job was trying to get out of my shell, and interact more with the customers, thankfully I grew more outgoing. Furthermore, I learned more about myself and found out that if I put my mind to something I can succeed and prosper.
Typical Day at Work
Front End/Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 21, 2014
A typical day at work included of greeting each and every customer ensuring a positive entrance into the store. Recovery, which meant that each label of every product was to be facing the customer and aligned with the edge of the shelf. Assisting customers with questions regarding if we carried a certain product or the whereabouts of its location in the store. I also personally dealt with exchanges, returns, angry customers and complaints on a daily basis. However, all the staff at BB&B are easy to get along with as long as everyone does their part.
productive and fun work place with partners.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2015
a typical day of an early shift at BBB was really beautiful just to see the process of fill with products all the store from bedding until kitchen .
Pros
motivation from the managers always
Cons
no one
Big Box store
Soft Side Manager (Former Employee) –  BarrieFebruary 7, 2014
Supervising floor associates, ordering product, merchandising, completing reports, customer service and scheduling.

Efficient stock planning for big box retail.

Bed Bath tried to create a dynamic environment but failed on connecting with associates. If you are going to ask for the highest dedication you must make them feel appreciated.
Associates will stay even if the pay isn't great, if they like who they work with and if they feel appreciated, unfortunately there was no appreciation.
Co-workers were fantastic.
Communication with corporate office employees.
Creating a massive store from an empty shell.
Pros
pay
Cons
communication
A Typical day as a Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 12, 2013
A typical day at work includes sweeping the floor before opening to ensure a clean facility aiding customers with enquirers and purchases and loading the floor with merchandise. I learned an excellent amount about the proper approach to sale how to engage the customer through every step and always ensuring the bottom line. The hardest part is being on my feet for 8-10 hours but the most enjoyable was helping the customers.
Pros
early start time, early finish time
Cons
long commutes
my experience
Bed, Bath and Beyond, Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2013
The company has a whole is great has in customer service and products. I truly love the company in many ways and learn a lot .

Has per the management team I work with I found it very hard , has a woman in retail that is smart and pretty it was hard for me , I have a lot of years of experience in customer service but couldn't shine at that location due to a lot of managers that were jealous and over aggressive, but I made some great friends and still think the company is great at customer service and great products ,knowledge.

I do respect the company , just the wrong people in power.
Pros
great products and knowledge
Cons
to many managers in the store i work for, so to much of a good thing is not good.
Great culture and values
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 26, 2013
The culture of the store is fantastic. The main concern is for customer satisfaction, and I highly appreciate that. The management and co-workers all strive to achieve this, and will go out of their way to make things happen. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a customer is surprised about how much effort we would put in to ensure their satisfaction.
Pros
the company was willing to go the extra step to ensure customer satisfaction