Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Let's get to it
Replen/ Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 May 2016
There was always something to do at BBB. First off it was to get all the stock that was received that day before out on the floor, that was the main priority. After that it was filling to wood walk, followed by order done for that day. I learned that you have to plan your day well and time had to be efficient. Management, well things could have been done differently, the main reason I left there to begin with. The co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was to get all the tasks done on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I worked replen and the partner I had was amazing.
Pros
xmas shop night
Cons
lack of communication
productive and a fun professional environment
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON12 June 2016
my time working at bed bath and beyond was amazing! love management, they were understanding, professional and also made work fun.
i learned how to have patience because of the position that i had.
my co-workers were exquisite.
the hardest part of my job was when i first began, i did not know how to answer certain questions customers had but if you ask for assistance there is always someone willing to help you learn and grow,
fulfilling
o Warehouse merchandising (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 January 2017
I Completed tasks in the warehouse such as merchandising, receiving and stocking.Relieved cashier and processed orders and processed customer returns, also assisted clients with locating items and provided honest product information
Bed bath and beyond
Hard Side Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 January 2017
comfortable enviornment, good pay, not too understaanding managment, low engagment in other employees working. snsus sdusjs sdsdskmw wbdbwehwe weiudwe we. dont make me write more than i have to say to a computer
Exhausting
Recieving Line/ Cash/ Floor sales (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 January 2017
I wouldn't say I had the best time, a lot of the people were fantastic that I had the opportunity to work with, but I would not say its ideal, as the new manager of the store isn't the easiest person to work with.
fun place to work
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS30 December 2016
Gained experience in many aspects of the store while working all the areas. Everyone worked well together. Would either work 8 to 430 or 1 to 930.
Great team atmosphere
Sales consultant - cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 January 2017
very friendly team.
really great team atmosphere.
easily adjusted working hours.
not hard and interesting work.
tidy and pleasant workplace.
your opinion matters
Lots to do
Cashier / Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 October 2016
There was always a lot to do and so much going on, time went by so quickly. The overall experience was decent, however, much like every workplace there was the odd person who knew just how to get under your skin.
Pros
Discount, time went quick
Cons
Super busy
Productive and a fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2016
A typical day at work is being on cash and dealing with custoers making sure the tills are balanced right.

I learned customer service skills and phone adequate.

Management is very good to me.

Co-workers are easy to get along with.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with rude customers and making sure u didn't miss or over charge someone.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers and seeing customers and interacting with them.
Exciting to learn and try so many products - staff are hit and miss
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 April 2016
Working with so many products can seem daunting to some, but really, I liked it - so many cool things to learn about and try out. All things I learned about product was self taught - the training was almost non-existent. No matter how much I urged for details on products from management they'd just tell me to fake it and wing it when recommending things to customers. I didn't like that so I spent my own time researching products and reviews to better help customers.

The long term employees were two-faced and jaded. The more casual work force was friendlier and more welcoming.

Management, unsurprisingly was unappreciative of hard working individuals. There were promises of rewards for excessively beating sales targets that were often "forgotten" and swept under the rug. Compliments were few and far in between.

The work itself wasn't hard, even on the busiest days, interacting with customers and making sure they left happy was the highlight of my days. The excellent return policy relaxed many nervous shoppers.
Pros
Purchasing discounts
Cons
Short, spread out hours, unpredictable schedule.
great place to strt off
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 September 2016
scheduling is good always gives u three weeks in advance
so u can plan ahead
coworkers are friendly
some or hard to deal with
being cashier is alot of work
Pros
they make lists of food to buy evry month
Cons
sometimes u dont get ur break
Energetic, fast paced, timely, grey views
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 February 2016
routines-freight,down stock,sign checks,customer service. learned merchandising and ordering. management have little training time or time to help employees.Co workers work hard and i keep it buisnes only. hardest part is time management and most enjoyable is the work itself.
Pros
discounts
Cons
small lunch room
Busy day at work. Learn a lot
Sales Associate/Customer Service, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2016
Extensive customer service and inventory stock counts are a regular part of your job. But this is a good way to interact with people and build experience. We go above and beyond to assist customers. There is always a healthy environment and management and co workers are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Employee incentives, flxible schedule.
Cons
Less pay
Very friendly and helpful customer service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC30 April 2013
Typical day at work is usually busy, but in the evening very slow. I learned a lot of things there, like: team work, self management, organization, some computer work, timing, customer satisfaction and appreciation and lots lots lots of new products which I never new exist. Management there is very friendly and co-workers too, I feel there like I'm coming to my family home and we just have some work to do together. The hardest part of the job is probably to find what to do when everything around is already done and there is not so much of customers flow in the evening. The most enjoyable is when I help customers and they get happy, also facing product in isles, and when it's busy.
Pros
friendly management and co-workers
Cons
low salary, low amount of hours and no raise.
productive and fun
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC18 October 2016
Was working here temporary for store opening. Did a lot of pricing and tagging. Also learned some customer service skills. Very friendly people. Helped set up the whole store for opening
was only there for store set up
Customer Service,receiver,store set up (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 August 2016
I was hired on for a few weeks to help with the store set up.I learned a lot about customer service and receiving. proper safety was taught and everyone worked together in a team. I was mass hired with a lot of other people and not many got to actually stay and work as a cashier.
Pros
friendly staff, well organized
Cons
mass hired so i didnt get to stay long
Great job experience
Offered exceptional customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2016
It's a busy store. Lots of incentive to achieve better performance. Good team work. We had a good team working together. great management. Lot of learning experience.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
Far from my residence
High energy workplace
Store Setup Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 October 2016
This wasn't a typical situation, as a new store was being set up, but it was fast paced for the first few days, and then slowed down.
The supervisors were all friendly and professional.
Team environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 March 2016
Manager is very accomadating with scheduling what u can work. There is lots to do in very little time. Customers come first. They have a person for training people to help u learn. You need to work hard and do your job to move up. Managers recognize those that do their job with little complaining. Never a boring day. Lazy people don't last. People that listen and pay attention are successful.
Pros
Scheduling is always accomadating to everyone. Just speak to the store manager
Cons
Lots to do little time
Productive and fun work place
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB27 July 2016
My hours varied at Bed Bath and Beyond, depending on how big of a shipment we received. Everyone in receiving got along and we knew how to joke around while still accomplishing our tasks. While some days were 8 hour days and others were 12 hour days, it was a great place to work.

74%