Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
I love working here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Whitby, ONMay 21, 2015
 Developed a strong pattern of repeat sales and client loyalty, through accurate and honest product information and help in accessing client needs
 Managed and motivated staff, providing individual support and resolving communication problems
 Extremely sociable, able to put customers at ease and feel appreciated
 Able to resolve customer problems that arise or locating the appropriate personal to assist them, following through, so I will know the answer next time
Loved every minute
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: Amazing
Cons: nothing
Loved working for BB&B. I assisted the move into Canada. I needed to move away from where a store was at for family reasons. Therefore I had to leave BB&B
dominate job
Cashier, Replishment (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 30, 2015
Pros: no dress code
Cons: never enough hours
typical day at work includes: stocking the store, assisting customers, and going on cash when called.
I learned to be more patient due to the management doesn't exactly care and simply boss you around like a piece of meat, however, all co-workers stick together.
my job it self its easy, keeping on track of the stock room, not everyone keeps it together however i love being in charge of the stock room.
Worst job!
Receiver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 29, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: hard labor for a non hard labor job
Worked for over a year and half at Bed Bath and Beyond as a receiver. Started off with a 12$/hr salary which was fine, but after most employees in the receiving area quit, I was left alone to manage shipments. They refused to give me a raise and I stayed at 12$/hr for the entire year and half until finally I quit.

It seems 70% of employees in one bed bath and beyond location are managers, for every small thing there's a manager, not surprised they didn't assign a manager to the restrooms.

They expect you to work more than you can handle at all times, which became quite stressful when being alone and expected to still maintain the same level of performance when there was 3 employees back in receiving.

My normal retail job which required a moderate amount of physical work turned to be a hard labor job and quite stressful when falling behind when huge shipments are dropped off.

I wouldn't recommended working at BBB, wish I could get back that year and half of my life.
Nice Hours and Strong Sense of Team Work
Receiver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 29, 2015
Pros: Nice Hours
Cons: Hard Labour (since I worked as a receiver)
This job required a lot of hard work and commitment. I believe I was able to meet both these requirements. Before this job my sense of teamwork was very weak and I did not have strong interpersonal skills, however after this job I realised how important strong communication skills were. I really enjoyed how well most of the co-workers got along with each other.
Awesome first job that taught me a lot
Sales Associate at Bed (Former Employee), Cambridge, OntarioApril 20, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers, good management, reasonable hours
Bed Bath and Beyond was a great company that offered me my first retail job placement. I was trained very well throughout my employment at this store. All of my managers were very friendly and helpful. Whenever I had a question they were there to help. It is unfortunate I had to leave this position due to personal reasons but Bed Bath and Beyond offered me a great experience and taught me a lot.
I was responsible for customer service while I was on the sale floor. I was a "Soft Side Associate" meaning I was working with bedding, towels, and bathroom items. I was responsible for stocking, cleaning, helping customers, finding/locating merchandise, and calling other stores to check their inventories. My favourite part of this job was being able to interact with people. I was happy I was able to help them and connect with them on a personal level - I was overjoyed when I found out a few customers wrote positive comments about me and left them at the cash register for me to read later. The hardest part of the job was originally remembering all of the merchandise and where it all was located, but with the help of the other staff members and the awesome management this became easier for me each and every day.
Retail work with LOTS of customer service
Sales/Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONMarch 31, 2015
Pros: discount after 90 days
Cons: Management can sometimes be too much
If you like to sell products, and are more comfortable with lots of customer interactions this job is suited towards you. The aim of the store is to become as close to the customers as possible and to have them leave with 100 % satisfaction every time.
A little hectic at times but everyone does their job well.
Receiver (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2015
It was a fast paced environment with everyone chipping in. I made friends quickly and got along with just about everyone. overall is was a good experience.
fun place to work
Business Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: flaxible timing
Cons: nothing.
I have learned a lot about diverse culture and more.
I like to keep myself updated and it was a great opportunity.
my co workers are all very co -operative.
I love working with teams and it was pleasure that I had an position in bed bath and beyond to prove so.
productive and fun work place with partners.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: motivation from the managers always
Cons: no one
a typical day of an early shift at BBB was really beautiful just to see the process of fill with products all the store from bedding until kitchen .
Okay place to work
P/T Associate (Former Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: employee incentive programs run by product manufacturers
Cons: minimal pay for maximum work
Being paid minimum wage to do way more work than was expected wasn't fun. I was the only associate in my section who was physically able to do ladder work, which there was a lot of. Initially I was told all the stock would be done in the morning before the store even opened, but that wasn't the case. Carrying large, awkward boxes up and down ladders can be really hard. And setting up displays with minimal space is exhausting.

Other than the less than stellar pay, the other staff was amazing, including the department managers. Everyone is super friendly and very willing to help if you have any problems.
Fun
Customer Service (Current Employee), surrey b.cNovember 26, 2014
Pros: good team
Cons: no room to grow or get raises
I learned how to timemanage. work through large amounts of incoming product & customers.
Nice work place
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 27, 2014
Its nice company to work with.
A day is busy at work.
I learned lots of leadership qualities.
management is good.
Thought of a job is nice, actual job isn't
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONAugust 11, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: unplanned breaks, 75% of the didn't get days you book off
A typical day at work is approaching customers every two songs, asking if they need help, bringing products to the front of the shelf, filling empty spots and putting away the returns.
A few of my managers are nice, the others are not
and all of my co-workers are super nice.
The hardest part of my job is walking around constantly, and lifting heavy products. The most enjoyable is being thanked when I can find the product for them
Great first time job, and helped me develop great interpersonal skills.
Cashier (Former Employee), Markham, OntarioAugust 4, 2014
Bed Bath and Beyond was a great first time job experience for me, my co-workers were very nice and cooperative with me. In addition, they pushed me further to develop interpersonal skills with the customers. The hardest part of the job was trying to get out of my shell, and interact more with the customers, thankfully I grew more outgoing. Furthermore, I learned more about myself and found out that if I put my mind to something I can succeed and prosper.
Fun Place, like a second family
Customer service, Cashier and Bridal Consultant (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCJune 23, 2014
I enjoy working with everyone there, we all help eachother out if needed. management is great and its a very up beat work zone
fun place to work at
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMay 8, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: hard to get you ideas passed accross the higher management
i like my work team they are fun to be around and when its time to tackle work and get moving everyone knows where their place is ....
Typical Day at Work
Front End/Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 21, 2014
A typical day at work included of greeting each and every customer ensuring a positive entrance into the store. Recovery, which meant that each label of every product was to be facing the customer and aligned with the edge of the shelf. Assisting customers with questions regarding if we carried a certain product or the whereabouts of its location in the store. I also personally dealt with exchanges, returns, angry customers and complaints on a daily basis. However, all the staff at BB&B are easy to get along with as long as everyone does their part.
hard labour for not enough pay, management was not professional, tense work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONApril 3, 2014
Pros: good for attaining retail experience
Cons: choice of management and co workers
a typical day at work would be making sales of many different household products, working at the cash register or stocking new merchandise. i learned a lot about how the retail industry works and how to manage a cash register, as well as customer service and how to help customers get exactly what they came in to purchase. Although i did gain great experience in the retail field, management and co workers were not cooperative and were continuously subjected to drama in the work place, no one worked cooperatively also if there was ever any issues management did not seek to resolve them. The work environment was very tense, there were long hours, and not many with scheduled hours leaving one person or two doing a lot of work themselves.
Love the Products and people work with
Sales Associate Bridal Consoltant (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: not enough hours
Help Decorate customers home. Windows Specialist Love my co workers.not enough hours
Headquarters