Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Wonderful company to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2017
Bed Bath and Beyond is a great place to work for. The managerial staff is so kind, patient, and helps me to learn alot about the retail business. They hire a wide range of people in different ages, experiences and ethnic backgrounds. The working atmosphere is always upbeat, positive and great for learning new things about products and customer service. The managers stand by their workers, so that the workers feel supported. I look forward to working with a great staff each time I go to work.
Perfect starter for Retail Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 April 2017
The staff, including the supervisors are friendly, supportive and understanding.
We help each other doing projects, we have TBS order Competition from Softside and Hardside department.
The more TBS orders you make means increase in sales.
Training is about a month or two, lectures such as product knowledge, cash and computers is easy to follow, warm, patient and adjusts to your own learning speed.

Sometimes the company has a pizza party for employees to celebrate store opening or increased sales.
Pros
Staff train you at your own pace so that you increase product knowledge
Cons
Hours can be cut back in certain months
Lacking communication
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 April 2017
Overall job is fairly easy the benefits are sup-par and the customers are overall friendly. The communication between district/regional staff to the store is poor at best and the communication between in store management and associates is almost nonexistent. Great first job but unless you have the drive and skills to move up not worth a long term investment.
Pros
Fair salary
Cons
Bad communication
Fun and hard working day at work
Front End Lead. Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 April 2017
Hardest part of the job is setting up. Learned about how to talk to a customers and how to believe in yourself. The most enjoyable part of the job is how everyone does there part to make sure non of the managers have to worry about each employees.
Inviting and positive environment to work in!
Soft Side - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 April 2017
My work environment:

• Polite & professional co-workers
• Clean/organized space
• Good customer service
• Friendly, enthusiastic, motivating, efficient, knowledgable management

Biggest challenge:

• Disappointing some customers by telling them when we are out of what they are looking for in-store. (Always offering to do online orders)

Enjoyable parts:

• Getting to know my customers (gaining their trust)
• Working with wonderful individuals
• Satisfying the customers needs
A very good place to work and learn.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 April 2017
I started there from new store setting up to run the store. Setting the new store and organizing the store was my new experience. I leaned a lot from that store. Customers dealing, cash register, return, receive phone calls, labelling, pricing and more. Relationship between management and coworkers was excellent. Problem solving was never a problem because of te culture developed there. I always enjoyed since starting to finish the shift with customers dealing. A very good place to work.
Don't work for bed bath and beyond
Soft side associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2017
Management is terrible. Won't accommodate second jobs but will only give 6-10 hours a week. I've work there for 5 years and barely make above minimum wage. Management can't agree on anything and are very confusing. Won't listen to any employees on how to better help customers. Say they promote from within but I've seen more people hired outside than promoted from within.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Everything else
workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 March 2017
i like working at bed bath and beyond because everyday you get to learn something new. We learn to respect others and help others. Everyone works as a team to provide good customer service. I work at the brampton location and i love the staff there.
Hired as part time
sales in kitchen side of store (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 March 2017
I was hired as part time with the expectation that my salary would increase as time went by. So far all the training I have had is minimal and the feedback is limited. My experience and training is lost in this lost.
Fun workplace and friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 March 2017
Working at Bed Bath and Beyond is quite enjoyable. Most days during the week are slower but the weekends are quite busy. Christmas season is extremely busy and keeps you occupied the entire shift. I learned valuable customer service and social skills while working here. For the most part I have had no issues with management, they are very professional and understanding. The hardest part about the job is the physical aspect of lifting heavy objects or having to climb ladders while carrying objects. The most enjoyable part about this job is the relationships I have developed with fellow coworkers and the management.
Pros
Flexible schedules, employee discount, close to home
Cons
Physical aspects, long hours
fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2017
A typical day would be working in the customer service station, as a cashier handling all customers sales but also handling exchanges,returns and angry customers. The management was great and very understanding when i had to leave due to living situations and the fact that i was moving back home. One of the best parts about the job for me was the people i got to work with, they were all wonderful people and so fun to work with.
Very fast paced and enjoyable place to work. Always something new to do.
Soft Side Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2017
This job keeps you on your toes and is always a exciting day, Meeting the customers and being able to help them is exciting. I enjoyed the great team I worked with. I was sad to leave, but my work injuries could not be accommodated. I could no longer climb ladders and that is very much part of the job. I would love to be able to go back to working at BBB if they could accommodate me.
Pros
I enjoyed the work, and the great team we had.
Cons
Not very accomodating to employees with injuries
To much Stress
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2017
a typical day at work was very hectic. To much tasks to do and not enough people to work. To many managers on duty in one day and not enough support for workers when difficulties arise. Not enough workers to work in the store daily and had to do Janitorial duties every night. Being told you did a good job but you could have done better. Had to greet and escort every customer to right department made finishing tasks given to you hard. Answers phones for managers and district managers. Being reprimanded by managers if stressful situations arise and blaming store policy instead taking blame on there faults. Having to do others peoples tasks that didn't get finish on time.
Pros
free lunch on hoildays
Cons
To many managers.
Great team atmosphere
Sales consultant - cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 January 2017
very friendly team.
really great team atmosphere.
easily adjusted working hours.
not hard and interesting work.
tidy and pleasant workplace.
your opinion matters
Wonderful opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE24 January 2017
Wonder ful place to work. Everyone was knowledgeable and fun to work with. The autmosphere and culture were remarkable
Bed bath and beyond
Hard Side Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 January 2017
comfortable enviornment, good pay, not too understaanding managment, low engagment in other employees working. snsus sdusjs sdsdskmw wbdbwehwe weiudwe we. dont make me write more than i have to say to a computer
fulfilling
o Warehouse merchandising (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 January 2017
I Completed tasks in the warehouse such as merchandising, receiving and stocking.Relieved cashier and processed orders and processed customer returns, also assisted clients with locating items and provided honest product information
Fast paced environment but very negative employee environment
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
At first being hired based on experience alot of us were brought in to build a core team. The company was glorified as being a great place to learn and grow. Had plenty of opportunity to learn but there wasnt much attention to supporting and setting employees up for success. As receiving manager i had a huge workload which was no problem for me but with lack of support from upper management there was no way of getting everything done, being a manager below the upper level team meant i had no say in anything. My work was not important at end of day but would still get blamed for everything. Also first year was great, was given plenty of extra responsibiltiy including store openings and staff training, was being finessed to become next ops manager until my current ops manager at the time neglected to do his job and i was thrown under the bus even after he admitted to lack of training me. After that i was treated like a sore thumb no matter how hard i worked and the great reputation i had with co-workers and fellow department managers, upper management belittled my every move. Saw this happen to other associates/managers not only at my store but others as well. Note to company: leave your american managers in america, the canadian retail culture does not need nor appreciate their back stabbing, iron fisted ruling. You lose alot of great hard working people that way.
Pros
Some decent people to work with, self growth, overtime
Cons
Poor upper management, negative atmosphere, no support, fake smiles.
Exhausting
Recieving Line/ Cash/ Floor sales (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 January 2017
I wouldn't say I had the best time, a lot of the people were fantastic that I had the opportunity to work with, but I would not say its ideal, as the new manager of the store isn't the easiest person to work with.
fun place to work
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS30 December 2016
Gained experience in many aspects of the store while working all the areas. Everyone worked well together. Would either work 8 to 430 or 1 to 930.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.