Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Review

View all Bed Bath & Beyond reviews

Not the best pay for the work. hours are highly unpredictable
Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CA1 October 2013
Overall, the particular store I worked at was pretty relaxed which can go a long way in a retail environment. Like many retail jobs, the pay is abysmal and the hours aren't too great either. Management canbe a touch unprofessional at times but at the same time, are not overly strict which again, goes a long way in retail.
Pros
Management is fairly low key. Trains on products. Customer focused.
Cons
Pay, hours and benefits

Other Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Better pay and hours are needed.
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 December 2017
I will start off with what I did like about the store:

Management is really good with time off (never had a single request denied, even in December)

20% discount on pretty much anything in store.

If you work in the back end, you are always on the day shift and don't do closings.

However, there are several drawbacks:
You do not get a raise even after being there over a year.

They rarely hire non management as full time, so there is no benefits.

Meaningless rules about dress code (no jeans on Saturdays, but on Fridays its ok)

Expect open availability only to work you 16 hours a week

I feared getting sick because I couldn't afford to take extra unpaid days off.

Management could work on communication (Been told the same thing by 5 different people within a few minutes).

They've predetermined who they want to move up in the company and who will stay part time until they leave. If you want to be a manager, work here a year or two and then apply at another place.

Part time hours do not cut it forever for most people. This is why most employees there are in college or semi retired.

I would of been happier working here if I hadn't felt like I was barely scraping by.
Pros
No stress about time off
Cons
Does not pay enough, no raises unless you get promoted
Kitchener a terrible location, other stores significantly better.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 December 2017
Kitchener management is very harsh, complete lack of employee recognition, incredibly unfriendly/rude managers and upper staff. Focus on negative comments and bring down the employees. Work is less customer service and more cleaning. Very vigilant. Others I worked in were very nice, had friendly staff/managers and good work environment.
Pros
Calmer than big city locations, easier to complete projects
Cons
Managing style is off-putting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.