Bed Bath & Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

I learned alot.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 December 2016
I learned a lot although, hours were cut drastically and there was no room for advancement within the company unfortunately. Management was not the greatest at times, but the staff were friendly and most relatively helpful.
A very gratifying and hardworking surrounding
Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 November 2016
A typical day at work was walking around and checking if any customers needed help, if so I'd walk with them to the item(s) they were looking for and explain the background of it to them if necessary. I usually had a closing shift so recovery was a big part of my job, organizing the shelves, sweeping and mopping the floors, cleaning the bathrooms etc. I learned how to quickly adjust to any situation, how to be responsible, how working with others can teach you how to communicate effectively, to keep cool in tough situations and to always do more than what's asked of you. Overall management was good, sometimes tricky because each manager was different and they all wanted things done differently. My co-workers were all lovely and I made friends really easily. I'm a very confident person and I love to talk, only when it's the right time though. The hardest part of my job was having to be on my feet for all of my shift which a lot of the times were 8 to 9 hours.The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely working with the people, the good and the bad because the bad just made you appreciate the good.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Long hours in which you're always on your feet
Lots to do
Cashier / Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 October 2016
There was always a lot to do and so much going on, time went by so quickly. The overall experience was decent, however, much like every workplace there was the odd person who knew just how to get under your skin.
Pros
Discount, time went quick
Cons
Super busy
productive and fun
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC18 October 2016
Was working here temporary for store opening. Did a lot of pricing and tagging. Also learned some customer service skills. Very friendly people. Helped set up the whole store for opening
High energy workplace
Store Setup Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 October 2016
This wasn't a typical situation, as a new store was being set up, but it was fast paced for the first few days, and then slowed down.
The supervisors were all friendly and professional.
Great and enjoyable workplace with free k-cup coffee
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 September 2016
- Enjoyed coming into work and facing new challenges
- Management is very understanding
- Co-workers were a blast to be around
- hardest part of the job was leaving Bed Bath & Beyond
awesome
Sales Associate - Team lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2016
Amazing work place, amazing people, couldnt ask for anything else. Sales associate and cashier training is amazing. Management team does and awesome job 10/10
Pros
20% off
great place to strt off
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 September 2016
scheduling is good always gives u three weeks in advance
so u can plan ahead
coworkers are friendly
some or hard to deal with
being cashier is alot of work
Pros
they make lists of food to buy evry month
Cons
sometimes u dont get ur break
Good environment, bad attitudes
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE/SALES (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
Customer service, management was bad, lack of praise when you did a good job, pay was bad for the amount of work an effort given .
Pros
worked with good people
Cons
managment, hours, lack of praise
Great place to work, with great people
CSL (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 September 2016
Great place to work. The staff is very friendly, and definately a close knit kind of group. They make the day fun, yet we always manage to get our work done. Company is very caring, always willing to be flexible around my family's schedule. Hard work, but it is worth it to help customers find exactly what they are looking for. Stock gets to be a bit much at times, but we all pitch in. Finally found my work family.
Pros
Working with great people, great discounts and fun contests
It was a cool job
Soft side team member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 September 2016
It was a cool job because of the items that they sold. A typical day of work was stocking and dealing with customers which was nice. Management was generally good. The co-workers were great many of them became close friends. The hardest part of the job was trying to maintain a school work-life balance, but you learn as you go. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting good at the job and knowing the answers to any question a customer could ask.
Pros
team incentives.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2016
Bed Bath and Beyond was an amazing place work. The management, the fellow employees, just everything is enjoyable. They taught me everything i need to know to be in retail, including cash handling
Pros
Get great discounts
Cons
Rude customers
Great People
Supervisor/Lead (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 August 2016
Great people to work with. Management who help you through a hard day is a great place to work, will recommend to anyone. When you work hard, they will recognize it and most likely promote if the opportunity presents itself.
was only there for store set up
Customer Service,receiver,store set up (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 August 2016
I was hired on for a few weeks to help with the store set up.I learned a lot about customer service and receiving. proper safety was taught and everyone worked together in a team. I was mass hired with a lot of other people and not many got to actually stay and work as a cashier.
Pros
friendly staff, well organized
Cons
mass hired so i didnt get to stay long
Productive and lots of work to be done
Full-time Sales associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 August 2016
Very busy and lots of Managers on duty , lots of different projects that need to be completed everyday and new freight that needs to be back stocked or put away every morning. We completed online orders and over the phone orders
Productive and fun work place
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB27 July 2016
My hours varied at Bed Bath and Beyond, depending on how big of a shipment we received. Everyone in receiving got along and we knew how to joke around while still accomplishing our tasks. While some days were 8 hour days and others were 12 hour days, it was a great place to work.
Environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON19 July 2016
Exemplary customer service! Productive environment, with the goal to have efficient routines in place. However, the environment can be negative and counter- productive.
Pros
Great customer service culture!
Cons
Very long hours.
productive and a fun professional environment
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON12 June 2016
my time working at bed bath and beyond was amazing! love management, they were understanding, professional and also made work fun.
i learned how to have patience because of the position that i had.
my co-workers were exquisite.
the hardest part of my job was when i first began, i did not know how to answer certain questions customers had but if you ask for assistance there is always someone willing to help you learn and grow,
Great job experience
Offered exceptional customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2016
It's a busy store. Lots of incentive to achieve better performance. Good team work. We had a good team working together. great management. Lot of learning experience.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
Far from my residence
Busy day at work. Learn a lot
Sales Associate/Customer Service, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2016
Extensive customer service and inventory stock counts are a regular part of your job. But this is a good way to interact with people and build experience. We go above and beyond to assist customers. There is always a healthy environment and management and co workers are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Employee incentives, flxible schedule.
Cons
Less pay