Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Great place to work, with great people
CSL (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 September 2016
Great place to work. The staff is very friendly, and definately a close knit kind of group. They make the day fun, yet we always manage to get our work done. Company is very caring, always willing to be flexible around my family's schedule. Hard work, but it is worth it to help customers find exactly what they are looking for. Stock gets to be a bit much at times, but we all pitch in. Finally found my work family.
Pros
Working with great people, great discounts and fun contests
It was a cool job
Soft side team member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 September 2016
It was a cool job because of the items that they sold. A typical day of work was stocking and dealing with customers which was nice. Management was generally good. The co-workers were great many of them became close friends. The hardest part of the job was trying to maintain a school work-life balance, but you learn as you go. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting good at the job and knowing the answers to any question a customer could ask.
Pros
team incentives.
productive and big on customer service
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC30 December 2016
Management is easy to deal with and quite friendly. Most of the staff are friendly and is a good environment to work in. The company is big on knowing about the details of each product and there are multiple systems that are used.
Cons
no set hours
was only there for store set up
Customer Service,receiver,store set up (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 August 2016
I was hired on for a few weeks to help with the store set up.I learned a lot about customer service and receiving. proper safety was taught and everyone worked together in a team. I was mass hired with a lot of other people and not many got to actually stay and work as a cashier.
Pros
friendly staff, well organized
Cons
mass hired so i didnt get to stay long
Lots to do
Cashier / Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 October 2016
There was always a lot to do and so much going on, time went by so quickly. The overall experience was decent, however, much like every workplace there was the odd person who knew just how to get under your skin.
Pros
Discount, time went quick
Cons
Super busy
I learned alot.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 December 2016
I learned a lot although, hours were cut drastically and there was no room for advancement within the company unfortunately. Management was not the greatest at times, but the staff were friendly and most relatively helpful.
Exhausting
Recieving Line/ Cash/ Floor sales (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 January 2017
I wouldn't say I had the best time, a lot of the people were fantastic that I had the opportunity to work with, but I would not say its ideal, as the new manager of the store isn't the easiest person to work with.
Awesome and fun place
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 December 2016
Working here everyone works together and no matter what you can always depend on either management or other co-workers to be there to help with nything
Pros
Awesome people and management
Cons
Not enough Hours
Great and enjoyable workplace with free k-cup coffee
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 September 2016
- Enjoyed coming into work and facing new challenges
- Management is very understanding
- Co-workers were a blast to be around
- hardest part of the job was leaving Bed Bath & Beyond
productive and a fun professional environment
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON12 June 2016
my time working at bed bath and beyond was amazing! love management, they were understanding, professional and also made work fun.
i learned how to have patience because of the position that i had.
my co-workers were exquisite.
the hardest part of my job was when i first began, i did not know how to answer certain questions customers had but if you ask for assistance there is always someone willing to help you learn and grow,
great place to strt off
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 September 2016
scheduling is good always gives u three weeks in advance
so u can plan ahead
coworkers are friendly
some or hard to deal with
being cashier is alot of work
Pros
they make lists of food to buy evry month
Cons
sometimes u dont get ur break
Productive and fun work place
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB27 July 2016
My hours varied at Bed Bath and Beyond, depending on how big of a shipment we received. Everyone in receiving got along and we knew how to joke around while still accomplishing our tasks. While some days were 8 hour days and others were 12 hour days, it was a great place to work.
Productive and lots of work to be done
Full-time Sales associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 August 2016
Very busy and lots of Managers on duty , lots of different projects that need to be completed everyday and new freight that needs to be back stocked or put away every morning. We completed online orders and over the phone orders
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2016
Bed Bath and Beyond was an amazing place work. The management, the fellow employees, just everything is enjoyable. They taught me everything i need to know to be in retail, including cash handling
Pros
Get great discounts
Cons
Rude customers
Good environment, bad attitudes
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE/SALES (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
Customer service, management was bad, lack of praise when you did a good job, pay was bad for the amount of work an effort given .
Pros
worked with good people
Cons
managment, hours, lack of praise
productive and fun
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC18 October 2016
Was working here temporary for store opening. Did a lot of pricing and tagging. Also learned some customer service skills. Very friendly people. Helped set up the whole store for opening
High energy workplace
Store Setup Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 October 2016
This wasn't a typical situation, as a new store was being set up, but it was fast paced for the first few days, and then slowed down.
The supervisors were all friendly and professional.
Great People
Supervisor/Lead (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 August 2016
Great people to work with. Management who help you through a hard day is a great place to work, will recommend to anyone. When you work hard, they will recognize it and most likely promote if the opportunity presents itself.
Let's get to it
Replen/ Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 May 2016
There was always something to do at BBB. First off it was to get all the stock that was received that day before out on the floor, that was the main priority. After that it was filling to wood walk, followed by order done for that day. I learned that you have to plan your day well and time had to be efficient. Management, well things could have been done differently, the main reason I left there to begin with. The co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was to get all the tasks done on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I worked replen and the partner I had was amazing.
Pros
xmas shop night
Cons
lack of communication
fun place to work
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS30 December 2016
Gained experience in many aspects of the store while working all the areas. Everyone worked well together. Would either work 8 to 430 or 1 to 930.