Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews in Canada

Energetic, fast paced, timely, grey views
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 8, 2016
routines-freight,down stock,sign checks,customer service. learned merchandising and ordering. management have little training time or time to help employees.Co workers work hard and i keep it buisnes only. hardest part is time management and most enjoyable is the work itself.
Pros
discounts
Cons
small lunch room
Team environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONMarch 23, 2016
Manager is very accomadating with scheduling what u can work. There is lots to do in very little time. Customers come first. They have a person for training people to help u learn. You need to work hard and do your job to move up. Managers recognize those that do their job with little complaining. Never a boring day. Lazy people don't last. People that listen and pay attention are successful.
Pros
Scheduling is always accomadating to everyone. Just speak to the store manager
Cons
Lots to do little time
Let's get to it
Replen/ Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 5, 2016
There was always something to do at BBB. First off it was to get all the stock that was received that day before out on the floor, that was the main priority. After that it was filling to wood walk, followed by order done for that day. I learned that you have to plan your day well and time had to be efficient. Management, well things could have been done differently, the main reason I left there to begin with. The co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was to get all the tasks done on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I worked replen and the partner I had was amazing.
Pros
xmas shop night
Cons
lack of communication
Starts off fun and enjoyable and ends up being a place you'd rather not be.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Management is constantly changing how things are done without properly informing ALL of the employees. Lack of training. Too much favoritism. Managers expect way to much to be done in not enough time. All the company thinks about is the almighty dollar. Customers, overall, are treated well but not so much for the employees.
Was a great job to receive after my previous job place was shut down
Customer Service/ Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 21, 2016
Managers were very easy going, knew what they wanted, and pushed us to be the best in our positions at hand.

The co-workers were all easy to work with, and made the environment fun to work in.

Gave me the chance to try something new, and gave me the chance to try something new which was being able to work as a bridal consultant for newly weds who have chosen Bed Bath & Beyond as a place to register for the weddings.

I love that my job was nice and close and easy for me to get to.
Pros
Nice smelling environment
Cons
productive and a fun professional environment
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 12, 2016
my time working at bed bath and beyond was amazing! love management, they were understanding, professional and also made work fun.
i learned how to have patience because of the position that i had.
my co-workers were exquisite.
the hardest part of my job was when i first began, i did not know how to answer certain questions customers had but if you ask for assistance there is always someone willing to help you learn and grow,
Exciting to learn and try so many products - staff are hit and miss
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 13, 2016
Working with so many products can seem daunting to some, but really, I liked it - so many cool things to learn about and try out. All things I learned about product was self taught - the training was almost non-existent. No matter how much I urged for details on products from management they'd just tell me to fake it and wing it when recommending things to customers. I didn't like that so I spent my own time researching products and reviews to better help customers.

The long term employees were two-faced and jaded. The more casual work force was friendlier and more welcoming.

Management, unsurprisingly was unappreciative of hard working individuals. There were promises of rewards for excessively beating sales targets that were often "forgotten" and swept under the rug. Compliments were few and far in between.

The work itself wasn't hard, even on the busiest days, interacting with customers and making sure they left happy was the highlight of my days. The excellent return policy relaxed many nervous shoppers.
Pros
Purchasing discounts
Cons
Short, spread out hours, unpredictable schedule.
was only there for store set up
Customer Service,receiver,store set up (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLAugust 15, 2016
I was hired on for a few weeks to help with the store set up.I learned a lot about customer service and receiving. proper safety was taught and everyone worked together in a team. I was mass hired with a lot of other people and not many got to actually stay and work as a cashier.
Pros
friendly staff, well organized
Cons
mass hired so i didnt get to stay long
Productive and a fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 20, 2016
A typical day at work is being on cash and dealing with custoers making sure the tills are balanced right.

I learned customer service skills and phone adequate.

Management is very good to me.

Co-workers are easy to get along with.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with rude customers and making sure u didn't miss or over charge someone.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers and seeing customers and interacting with them.
Friendly workplace with supportive staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 16, 2015
Enjoyable job in a comfortable, encouraging workplace.Very friendly and helpful coworkers, created great workplace compatibility and enhanced personal communication skills. Everyone was flexible when it came to things such as covering shifts and vacation time. Managers were easy-going, a couple were a bit stiff but overall quite pleasant. Management encouraged productivity and always ensured all employees were satisfied with their job. Although mostly all employees were energetic and maintained a positive attitude, there were a few who caused issues. The most enjoyable part was working alongside highly experienced coworkers and being able to learn workplace techniques from them that I can apply to my work.
Busy day at work. Learn a lot
Sales Associate/Customer Service, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 11, 2016
Extensive customer service and inventory stock counts are a regular part of your job. But this is a good way to interact with people and build experience. We go above and beyond to assist customers. There is always a healthy environment and management and co workers are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Employee incentives, flxible schedule.
Cons
Less pay
Productive and fun work place
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Balzac, ABJuly 27, 2016
My hours varied at Bed Bath and Beyond, depending on how big of a shipment we received. Everyone in receiving got along and we knew how to joke around while still accomplishing our tasks. While some days were 8 hour days and others were 12 hour days, it was a great place to work.
Productive and lots of work to be done
Full-time Sales associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCAugust 5, 2016
Very busy and lots of Managers on duty , lots of different projects that need to be completed everyday and new freight that needs to be back stocked or put away every morning. We completed online orders and over the phone orders
enhanced my confidance and multi-tasking ability
Front end lead associate (Current Employee) –  Bed, Bath and BeyondJanuary 8, 2016
Each day is different yet the same. Greeting customers, and engaging in conversation while ringing them through the check out. Making sure their needs are met while answering the phone and sometimes solving other problems that might arise. I've learned so much about myself and what an incredible multi tasker I am. My co workers are incredible. Always dedicated to the customer and putting people first. They always go above and beyond to make our clients happy. The hardest part of the job are the hours. With three kids it's difficult to work varied hours. A set schedule would be wonderful for planning other activities for myself and to meet my children's needs.
Pros
great staff
Cons
retail hours. evenings and weekends.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 23, 2016
Bed Bath and Beyond was an amazing place work. The management, the fellow employees, just everything is enjoyable. They taught me everything i need to know to be in retail, including cash handling
Pros
Get great discounts
Cons
Rude customers
Environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJuly 19, 2016
Exemplary customer service! Productive environment, with the goal to have efficient routines in place. However, the environment can be negative and counter- productive.
Pros
Great customer service culture!
Cons
Very long hours.
Unfair
Front end lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 25, 2015
I worked here for a little over a year. The people were nice and fun to work with, but after a while you start to realize that the managers cares about themselves only. They wont treat you fairly. The hours they give you are good at first, but then they suck after a while. There were good days and bad days. You don't get anywhere with this job.
Pros
Easy job, fun staff
Cons
Short breaks, rude management
Great People
Supervisor/Lead (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLAugust 18, 2016
Great people to work with. Management who help you through a hard day is a great place to work, will recommend to anyone. When you work hard, they will recognize it and most likely promote if the opportunity presents itself.
Great job experience
Offered exceptional customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 2, 2016
It's a busy store. Lots of incentive to achieve better performance. Good team work. We had a good team working together. great management. Lot of learning experience.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
Far from my residence
Worst job!
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 29, 2015
Worked for over a year and half at Bed Bath and Beyond as a receiver. Started off with a 12$/hr salary which was fine, but after most employees in the receiving area quit, I was left alone to manage shipments. They refused to give me a raise and I stayed at 12$/hr for the entire year and half until finally I quit.

It seems 70% of employees in one bed bath and beyond location are managers, for every small thing there's a manager, not surprised they didn't assign a manager to the restrooms.

They expect you to work more than you can handle at all times, which became quite stressful when being alone and expected to still maintain the same level of performance when there was 3 employees back in receiving.

My normal retail job which required a moderate amount of physical work turned to be a hard labor job and quite stressful when falling behind when huge shipments are dropped off.

I wouldn't recommended working at BBB, wish I could get back that year and half of my life.
Pros
N/A
Cons
hard labor for a non hard labor job