Bed Bath & Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Good environment, bad attitudes
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE/SALES (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
Customer service, management was bad, lack of praise when you did a good job, pay was bad for the amount of work an effort given .
Pros
worked with good people
Cons
managment, hours, lack of praise
A very gratifying and hardworking surrounding
Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 November 2016
A typical day at work was walking around and checking if any customers needed help, if so I'd walk with them to the item(s) they were looking for and explain the background of it to them if necessary. I usually had a closing shift so recovery was a big part of my job, organizing the shelves, sweeping and mopping the floors, cleaning the bathrooms etc. I learned how to quickly adjust to any situation, how to be responsible, how working with others can teach you how to communicate effectively, to keep cool in tough situations and to always do more than what's asked of you. Overall management was good, sometimes tricky because each manager was different and they all wanted things done differently. My co-workers were all lovely and I made friends really easily. I'm a very confident person and I love to talk, only when it's the right time though. The hardest part of my job was having to be on my feet for all of my shift which a lot of the times were 8 to 9 hours.The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely working with the people, the good and the bad because the bad just made you appreciate the good.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Long hours in which you're always on your feet
It was a cool job
Soft side team member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 September 2016
It was a cool job because of the items that they sold. A typical day of work was stocking and dealing with customers which was nice. Management was generally good. The co-workers were great many of them became close friends. The hardest part of the job was trying to maintain a school work-life balance, but you learn as you go. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting good at the job and knowing the answers to any question a customer could ask.
Pros
team incentives.
I learned alot.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 December 2016
I learned a lot although, hours were cut drastically and there was no room for advancement within the company unfortunately. Management was not the greatest at times, but the staff were friendly and most relatively helpful.
Great People
Supervisor/Lead (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 August 2016
Great people to work with. Management who help you through a hard day is a great place to work, will recommend to anyone. When you work hard, they will recognize it and most likely promote if the opportunity presents itself.
productive and big on customer service
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC30 December 2016
Management is easy to deal with and quite friendly. Most of the staff are friendly and is a good environment to work in. The company is big on knowing about the details of each product and there are multiple systems that are used.
Cons
no set hours
great place to strt off
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 September 2016
scheduling is good always gives u three weeks in advance
so u can plan ahead
coworkers are friendly
some or hard to deal with
being cashier is alot of work
Pros
they make lists of food to buy evry month
Cons
sometimes u dont get ur break
Great place to work, with great people
CSL (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 September 2016
Great place to work. The staff is very friendly, and definately a close knit kind of group. They make the day fun, yet we always manage to get our work done. Company is very caring, always willing to be flexible around my family's schedule. Hard work, but it is worth it to help customers find exactly what they are looking for. Stock gets to be a bit much at times, but we all pitch in. Finally found my work family.
Pros
Working with great people, great discounts and fun contests
Environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON19 July 2016
Exemplary customer service! Productive environment, with the goal to have efficient routines in place. However, the environment can be negative and counter- productive.
Pros
Great customer service culture!
Cons
Very long hours.
Awesome and fun place
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 December 2016
Working here everyone works together and no matter what you can always depend on either management or other co-workers to be there to help with nything
Pros
Awesome people and management
Cons
Not enough Hours
Great and enjoyable workplace with free k-cup coffee
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 September 2016
- Enjoyed coming into work and facing new challenges
- Management is very understanding
- Co-workers were a blast to be around
- hardest part of the job was leaving Bed Bath & Beyond
awesome
Sales Associate - Team lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2016
Amazing work place, amazing people, couldnt ask for anything else. Sales associate and cashier training is amazing. Management team does and awesome job 10/10
Pros
20% off
Let's get to it
Replen/ Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 May 2016
There was always something to do at BBB. First off it was to get all the stock that was received that day before out on the floor, that was the main priority. After that it was filling to wood walk, followed by order done for that day. I learned that you have to plan your day well and time had to be efficient. Management, well things could have been done differently, the main reason I left there to begin with. The co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was to get all the tasks done on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I worked replen and the partner I had was amazing.
Pros
xmas shop night
Cons
lack of communication
productive and a fun professional environment
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON12 June 2016
my time working at bed bath and beyond was amazing! love management, they were understanding, professional and also made work fun.
i learned how to have patience because of the position that i had.
my co-workers were exquisite.
the hardest part of my job was when i first began, i did not know how to answer certain questions customers had but if you ask for assistance there is always someone willing to help you learn and grow,
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2016
Bed Bath and Beyond was an amazing place work. The management, the fellow employees, just everything is enjoyable. They taught me everything i need to know to be in retail, including cash handling
Pros
Get great discounts
Cons
Rude customers
Lots to do
Cashier / Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 October 2016
There was always a lot to do and so much going on, time went by so quickly. The overall experience was decent, however, much like every workplace there was the odd person who knew just how to get under your skin.
Pros
Discount, time went quick
Cons
Super busy
Exhausting
Recieving Line/ Cash/ Floor sales (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 January 2017
I wouldn't say I had the best time, a lot of the people were fantastic that I had the opportunity to work with, but I would not say its ideal, as the new manager of the store isn't the easiest person to work with.
was only there for store set up
Customer Service,receiver,store set up (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 August 2016
I was hired on for a few weeks to help with the store set up.I learned a lot about customer service and receiving. proper safety was taught and everyone worked together in a team. I was mass hired with a lot of other people and not many got to actually stay and work as a cashier.
Pros
friendly staff, well organized
Cons
mass hired so i didnt get to stay long
fun place to work
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS30 December 2016
Gained experience in many aspects of the store while working all the areas. Everyone worked well together. Would either work 8 to 430 or 1 to 930.
Worst job!
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 April 2015
Worked for over a year and half at Bed Bath and Beyond as a receiver. Started off with a 12$/hr salary which was fine, but after most employees in the receiving area quit, I was left alone to manage shipments. They refused to give me a raise and I stayed at 12$/hr for the entire year and half until finally I quit.

It seems 70% of employees in one bed bath and beyond location are managers, for every small thing there's a manager, not surprised they didn't assign a manager to the restrooms.

They expect you to work more than you can handle at all times, which became quite stressful when being alone and expected to still maintain the same level of performance when there was 3 employees back in receiving.

My normal retail job which required a moderate amount of physical work turned to be a hard labor job and quite stressful when falling behind when huge shipments are dropped off.

I wouldn't recommended working at BBB, wish I could get back that year and half of my life.
Pros
N/A
Cons
hard labor for a non hard labor job