Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

It was a cool job
Soft side team member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 September 2016
It was a cool job because of the items that they sold. A typical day of work was stocking and dealing with customers which was nice. Management was generally good. The co-workers were great many of them became close friends. The hardest part of the job was trying to maintain a school work-life balance, but you learn as you go. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting good at the job and knowing the answers to any question a customer could ask.
Pros
team incentives.
A very gratifying and hardworking surrounding
Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 November 2016
A typical day at work was walking around and checking if any customers needed help, if so I'd walk with them to the item(s) they were looking for and explain the background of it to them if necessary. I usually had a closing shift so recovery was a big part of my job, organizing the shelves, sweeping and mopping the floors, cleaning the bathrooms etc. I learned how to quickly adjust to any situation, how to be responsible, how working with others can teach you how to communicate effectively, to keep cool in tough situations and to always do more than what's asked of you. Overall management was good, sometimes tricky because each manager was different and they all wanted things done differently. My co-workers were all lovely and I made friends really easily. I'm a very confident person and I love to talk, only when it's the right time though. The hardest part of my job was having to be on my feet for all of my shift which a lot of the times were 8 to 9 hours.The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely working with the people, the good and the bad because the bad just made you appreciate the good.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Long hours in which you're always on your feet
Good environment, bad attitudes
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE/SALES (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
Customer service, management was bad, lack of praise when you did a good job, pay was bad for the amount of work an effort given .
Pros
worked with good people
Cons
managment, hours, lack of praise
I learned alot.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 December 2016
I learned a lot although, hours were cut drastically and there was no room for advancement within the company unfortunately. Management was not the greatest at times, but the staff were friendly and most relatively helpful.
Great People
Supervisor/Lead (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 August 2016
Great people to work with. Management who help you through a hard day is a great place to work, will recommend to anyone. When you work hard, they will recognize it and most likely promote if the opportunity presents itself.
Environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON19 July 2016
Exemplary customer service! Productive environment, with the goal to have efficient routines in place. However, the environment can be negative and counter- productive.
Pros
Great customer service culture!
Cons
Very long hours.
Great and enjoyable workplace with free k-cup coffee
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 September 2016
- Enjoyed coming into work and facing new challenges
- Management is very understanding
- Co-workers were a blast to be around
- hardest part of the job was leaving Bed Bath & Beyond
Let's get to it
Replen/ Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 May 2016
There was always something to do at BBB. First off it was to get all the stock that was received that day before out on the floor, that was the main priority. After that it was filling to wood walk, followed by order done for that day. I learned that you have to plan your day well and time had to be efficient. Management, well things could have been done differently, the main reason I left there to begin with. The co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was to get all the tasks done on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I worked replen and the partner I had was amazing.
Pros
xmas shop night
Cons
lack of communication
awesome
Sales Associate - Team lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2016
Amazing work place, amazing people, couldnt ask for anything else. Sales associate and cashier training is amazing. Management team does and awesome job 10/10
Pros
20% off
productive and a fun professional environment
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON12 June 2016
my time working at bed bath and beyond was amazing! love management, they were understanding, professional and also made work fun.
i learned how to have patience because of the position that i had.
my co-workers were exquisite.
the hardest part of my job was when i first began, i did not know how to answer certain questions customers had but if you ask for assistance there is always someone willing to help you learn and grow,
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2016
Bed Bath and Beyond was an amazing place work. The management, the fellow employees, just everything is enjoyable. They taught me everything i need to know to be in retail, including cash handling
Pros
Get great discounts
Cons
Rude customers
Great place to work, with great people
CSL (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 September 2016
Great place to work. The staff is very friendly, and definately a close knit kind of group. They make the day fun, yet we always manage to get our work done. Company is very caring, always willing to be flexible around my family's schedule. Hard work, but it is worth it to help customers find exactly what they are looking for. Stock gets to be a bit much at times, but we all pitch in. Finally found my work family.
Pros
Working with great people, great discounts and fun contests
Productive and a fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2016
A typical day at work is being on cash and dealing with custoers making sure the tills are balanced right.

I learned customer service skills and phone adequate.

Management is very good to me.

Co-workers are easy to get along with.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with rude customers and making sure u didn't miss or over charge someone.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers and seeing customers and interacting with them.
Exciting to learn and try so many products - staff are hit and miss
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 April 2016
Working with so many products can seem daunting to some, but really, I liked it - so many cool things to learn about and try out. All things I learned about product was self taught - the training was almost non-existent. No matter how much I urged for details on products from management they'd just tell me to fake it and wing it when recommending things to customers. I didn't like that so I spent my own time researching products and reviews to better help customers.

The long term employees were two-faced and jaded. The more casual work force was friendlier and more welcoming.

Management, unsurprisingly was unappreciative of hard working individuals. There were promises of rewards for excessively beating sales targets that were often "forgotten" and swept under the rug. Compliments were few and far in between.

The work itself wasn't hard, even on the busiest days, interacting with customers and making sure they left happy was the highlight of my days. The excellent return policy relaxed many nervous shoppers.
Pros
Purchasing discounts
Cons
Short, spread out hours, unpredictable schedule.
Busy day at work. Learn a lot
Sales Associate/Customer Service, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 May 2016
Extensive customer service and inventory stock counts are a regular part of your job. But this is a good way to interact with people and build experience. We go above and beyond to assist customers. There is always a healthy environment and management and co workers are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Employee incentives, flxible schedule.
Cons
Less pay
Energetic, fast paced, timely, grey views
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 February 2016
routines-freight,down stock,sign checks,customer service. learned merchandising and ordering. management have little training time or time to help employees.Co workers work hard and i keep it buisnes only. hardest part is time management and most enjoyable is the work itself.
Pros
discounts
Cons
small lunch room
Team environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 March 2016
Manager is very accomadating with scheduling what u can work. There is lots to do in very little time. Customers come first. They have a person for training people to help u learn. You need to work hard and do your job to move up. Managers recognize those that do their job with little complaining. Never a boring day. Lazy people don't last. People that listen and pay attention are successful.
Pros
Scheduling is always accomadating to everyone. Just speak to the store manager
Cons
Lots to do little time
Great job experience
Offered exceptional customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2016
It's a busy store. Lots of incentive to achieve better performance. Good team work. We had a good team working together. great management. Lot of learning experience.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
Far from my residence
was only there for store set up
Customer Service,receiver,store set up (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 August 2016
I was hired on for a few weeks to help with the store set up.I learned a lot about customer service and receiving. proper safety was taught and everyone worked together in a team. I was mass hired with a lot of other people and not many got to actually stay and work as a cashier.
Pros
friendly staff, well organized
Cons
mass hired so i didnt get to stay long
Lots to do
Cashier / Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 October 2016
There was always a lot to do and so much going on, time went by so quickly. The overall experience was decent, however, much like every workplace there was the odd person who knew just how to get under your skin.
Pros
Discount, time went quick
Cons
Super busy