Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Very hands in environment, great atmosphere and overall great people to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bed Bath & Beyond21 July 2017
I have been employed at Bed Bath &a Beyond for a little over 8 months and I have enjoyed working there very much. Thanks to all the staff and especially the management I have learned a lot of valuable and helpful information for the future. I have learned not only how to professionally help customers but how to help and communicate the proper and accurate credentials about each product on the floor in my department. A special thanks to Joey our Cunstomer Service manager who has been with me every step of the way and who has really taken the time to work with me down to the last detail if I do not understand something. Bed Bath & Beyond is a great place for a part time or even full time should you choose to peruse a job in the retail field in the future. I am very much enjoying working with the customers and my co-workers and hope there is always something new to learn.
Pros
Emloyee Discount
Cons
No break if working leas than 4 hours
Awesome Values
Front End Lead/Shipping & Receiving (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
Great company when it comes to customer service. The people you work with are all fantastic for the most part. The only gripe I would have is the hours will sometimes be out of your favor if you are a part time worker. But other than that it is a great place to work.
Safe, clean and respectful workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2017
Managers are very nice and understanding when having conversations with their employees. Safety is very important in the workplace for both customers and employees. Always clean and tidy
great workplace if you do not want continue your education
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2017
Good atmosphere in term of management and employee team.if you the integrity you would promoted soon. They will not appreciate your education.........
Pros
Good Management, Great team work experiences
Cons
Low salary, Not good place for educated person
Good for Part-time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2017
This was a good workplace for a while, but then they started focusing too much on the corporate needs while disregarding the needs of the employees. If you're looking for something on the side to pass the time this is the perfect place to work, but it will now completely pay the bills. The lower level management staff was amazing they really considered your needs and listened to your input, but were usually over-ruled by upper-management.
Cons
Inconsistent Hours
this is a great place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2017
the company overall is a great place to work great salary above par and great benifits package very freindly and team orientated they promote from within so chances of advancement are very high.
very fun management and a great group of coworkers
SHIPPER/RECIEVER (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS6 June 2017
Had a great time working for BBB out in the warehouse, everyone outback and on the floor was funny, lively and seemed to enjoy what they did, or atleast had fun with it, the management was nice and polite, felt like actual people you could talk to.

Sadly i had to leave to go back to school on *very* short notice and kinda left on a sour note because of it, aside from that. i never had any major issues or fights with coworkers or management, i had a great time even when i didnt like it.
Pros
fun, lively enviroment
Interview your interviewer.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 June 2017
Ask your interviewer questions. Like what is the turnover in the store. What do you do to motivate your employees. Ask if you make a mistake, how is it handled. If you are a student, ask manager how easy will it be to change your availability. How many shifts a week are you required to do for this position. ASK QUESTIONS!! Stressed out managers = unhappy associates and high turnover.
Pros
Good company overall, Great monthly vendor discounts, First class training program when properly implemented.
Cons
Low wages, schedules have zero stability. Very physically demanding, high staff turnover, high management turnover. Too stressful for such a low paying job.
Stay away
Sales Associate/Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
Really bad management
No room in the company to grow
Didn't pay me properly salary until 4 months later
Discount sucks, 20% off your whole purchase, but they give customers 20% off coupons
Only good thing was co workers
Pros
Co workers, casual dress code
Cons
Long hours. Bad management
Wonderful company to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 April 2017
Bed Bath and Beyond is a great place to work for. The managerial staff is so kind, patient, and helps me to learn alot about the retail business. They hire a wide range of people in different ages, experiences and ethnic backgrounds. The working atmosphere is always upbeat, positive and great for learning new things about products and customer service. The managers stand by their workers, so that the workers feel supported. I look forward to working with a great staff each time I go to work.
Perfect starter for Retail Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 April 2017
The staff, including the supervisors are friendly, supportive and understanding.
We help each other doing projects, we have TBS order Competition from Softside and Hardside department.
The more TBS orders you make means increase in sales.
Training is about a month or two, lectures such as product knowledge, cash and computers is easy to follow, warm, patient and adjusts to your own learning speed.

Sometimes the company has a pizza party for employees to celebrate store opening or increased sales.
Pros
Staff train you at your own pace so that you increase product knowledge
Cons
Hours can be cut back in certain months
Lacking communication
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 April 2017
Overall job is fairly easy the benefits are sup-par and the customers are overall friendly. The communication between district/regional staff to the store is poor at best and the communication between in store management and associates is almost nonexistent. Great first job but unless you have the drive and skills to move up not worth a long term investment.
Pros
Fair salary
Cons
Bad communication
Fun and hard working day at work
Front End Lead. Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 April 2017
Hardest part of the job is setting up. Learned about how to talk to a customers and how to believe in yourself. The most enjoyable part of the job is how everyone does there part to make sure non of the managers have to worry about each employees.
Inviting and positive environment to work in!
Soft Side - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 April 2017
My work environment:

• Polite & professional co-workers
• Clean/organized space
• Good customer service
• Friendly, enthusiastic, motivating, efficient, knowledgable management

Biggest challenge:

• Disappointing some customers by telling them when we are out of what they are looking for in-store. (Always offering to do online orders)

Enjoyable parts:

• Getting to know my customers (gaining their trust)
• Working with wonderful individuals
• Satisfying the customers needs
A very good place to work and learn.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 April 2017
I started there from new store setting up to run the store. Setting the new store and organizing the store was my new experience. I leaned a lot from that store. Customers dealing, cash register, return, receive phone calls, labelling, pricing and more. Relationship between management and coworkers was excellent. Problem solving was never a problem because of te culture developed there. I always enjoyed since starting to finish the shift with customers dealing. A very good place to work.
Don't work for bed bath and beyond
Soft side associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2017
Management is terrible. Won't accommodate second jobs but will only give 6-10 hours a week. I've work there for 5 years and barely make above minimum wage. Management can't agree on anything and are very confusing. Won't listen to any employees on how to better help customers. Say they promote from within but I've seen more people hired outside than promoted from within.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Everything else
workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 March 2017
i like working at bed bath and beyond because everyday you get to learn something new. We learn to respect others and help others. Everyone works as a team to provide good customer service. I work at the brampton location and i love the staff there.
Hired as part time
sales in kitchen side of store (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 March 2017
I was hired as part time with the expectation that my salary would increase as time went by. So far all the training I have had is minimal and the feedback is limited. My experience and training is lost in this lost.
Fun workplace and friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 March 2017
Working at Bed Bath and Beyond is quite enjoyable. Most days during the week are slower but the weekends are quite busy. Christmas season is extremely busy and keeps you occupied the entire shift. I learned valuable customer service and social skills while working here. For the most part I have had no issues with management, they are very professional and understanding. The hardest part about the job is the physical aspect of lifting heavy objects or having to climb ladders while carrying objects. The most enjoyable part about this job is the relationships I have developed with fellow coworkers and the management.
Pros
Flexible schedules, employee discount, close to home
Cons
Physical aspects, long hours
fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2017
A typical day would be working in the customer service station, as a cashier handling all customers sales but also handling exchanges,returns and angry customers. The management was great and very understanding when i had to leave due to living situations and the fact that i was moving back home. One of the best parts about the job for me was the people i got to work with, they were all wonderful people and so fun to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval