Bed Bath & Beyond

Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Don't work for bed bath and beyond
Soft side associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2017
Management is terrible. Won't accommodate second jobs but will only give 6-10 hours a week. I've work there for 5 years and barely make above minimum wage. Management can't agree on anything and are very confusing. Won't listen to any employees on how to better help customers. Say they promote from within but I've seen more people hired outside than promoted from within.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Everything else
workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 March 2017
i like working at bed bath and beyond because everyday you get to learn something new. We learn to respect others and help others. Everyone works as a team to provide good customer service. I work at the brampton location and i love the staff there.
Hired as part time
sales in kitchen side of store (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 March 2017
I was hired as part time with the expectation that my salary would increase as time went by. So far all the training I have had is minimal and the feedback is limited. My experience and training is lost in this lost.
Fun workplace and friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 March 2017
Working at Bed Bath and Beyond is quite enjoyable. Most days during the week are slower but the weekends are quite busy. Christmas season is extremely busy and keeps you occupied the entire shift. I learned valuable customer service and social skills while working here. For the most part I have had no issues with management, they are very professional and understanding. The hardest part about the job is the physical aspect of lifting heavy objects or having to climb ladders while carrying objects. The most enjoyable part about this job is the relationships I have developed with fellow coworkers and the management.
Pros
Flexible schedules, employee discount, close to home
Cons
Physical aspects, long hours
fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2017
A typical day would be working in the customer service station, as a cashier handling all customers sales but also handling exchanges,returns and angry customers. The management was great and very understanding when i had to leave due to living situations and the fact that i was moving back home. One of the best parts about the job for me was the people i got to work with, they were all wonderful people and so fun to work with.
Very fast paced and enjoyable place to work. Always something new to do.
Soft Side Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2017
This job keeps you on your toes and is always a exciting day, Meeting the customers and being able to help them is exciting. I enjoyed the great team I worked with. I was sad to leave, but my work injuries could not be accommodated. I could no longer climb ladders and that is very much part of the job. I would love to be able to go back to working at BBB if they could accommodate me.
Pros
I enjoyed the work, and the great team we had.
Cons
Not very accomodating to employees with injuries
To much Stress
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2017
a typical day at work was very hectic. To much tasks to do and not enough people to work. To many managers on duty in one day and not enough support for workers when difficulties arise. Not enough workers to work in the store daily and had to do Janitorial duties every night. Being told you did a good job but you could have done better. Had to greet and escort every customer to right department made finishing tasks given to you hard. Answers phones for managers and district managers. Being reprimanded by managers if stressful situations arise and blaming store policy instead taking blame on there faults. Having to do others peoples tasks that didn't get finish on time.
Pros
free lunch on hoildays
Cons
To many managers.
Great team atmosphere
Sales consultant - cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 January 2017
very friendly team.
really great team atmosphere.
easily adjusted working hours.
not hard and interesting work.
tidy and pleasant workplace.
your opinion matters
Wonderful opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE24 January 2017
Wonder ful place to work. Everyone was knowledgeable and fun to work with. The autmosphere and culture were remarkable
Bed bath and beyond
Hard Side Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 January 2017
comfortable enviornment, good pay, not too understaanding managment, low engagment in other employees working. snsus sdusjs sdsdskmw wbdbwehwe weiudwe we. dont make me write more than i have to say to a computer
fulfilling
o Warehouse merchandising (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 January 2017
I Completed tasks in the warehouse such as merchandising, receiving and stocking.Relieved cashier and processed orders and processed customer returns, also assisted clients with locating items and provided honest product information
Fast paced environment but very negative employee environment
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
At first being hired based on experience alot of us were brought in to build a core team. The company was glorified as being a great place to learn and grow. Had plenty of opportunity to learn but there wasnt much attention to supporting and setting employees up for success. As receiving manager i had a huge workload which was no problem for me but with lack of support from upper management there was no way of getting everything done, being a manager below the upper level team meant i had no say in anything. My work was not important at end of day but would still get blamed for everything. Also first year was great, was given plenty of extra responsibiltiy including store openings and staff training, was being finessed to become next ops manager until my current ops manager at the time neglected to do his job and i was thrown under the bus even after he admitted to lack of training me. After that i was treated like a sore thumb no matter how hard i worked and the great reputation i had with co-workers and fellow department managers, upper management belittled my every move. Saw this happen to other associates/managers not only at my store but others as well. Note to company: leave your american managers in america, the canadian retail culture does not need nor appreciate their back stabbing, iron fisted ruling. You lose alot of great hard working people that way.
Pros
Some decent people to work with, self growth, overtime
Cons
Poor upper management, negative atmosphere, no support, fake smiles.
Exhausting
Recieving Line/ Cash/ Floor sales (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 January 2017
I wouldn't say I had the best time, a lot of the people were fantastic that I had the opportunity to work with, but I would not say its ideal, as the new manager of the store isn't the easiest person to work with.
fun place to work
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS30 December 2016
Gained experience in many aspects of the store while working all the areas. Everyone worked well together. Would either work 8 to 430 or 1 to 930.
productive and big on customer service
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC30 December 2016
Management is easy to deal with and quite friendly. Most of the staff are friendly and is a good environment to work in. The company is big on knowing about the details of each product and there are multiple systems that are used.
Cons
no set hours
Awesome and fun place
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 December 2016
Working here everyone works together and no matter what you can always depend on either management or other co-workers to be there to help with nything
Pros
Awesome people and management
Cons
Not enough Hours
I learned alot.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 December 2016
I learned a lot although, hours were cut drastically and there was no room for advancement within the company unfortunately. Management was not the greatest at times, but the staff were friendly and most relatively helpful.
A very gratifying and hardworking surrounding
Customer Service / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 November 2016
A typical day at work was walking around and checking if any customers needed help, if so I'd walk with them to the item(s) they were looking for and explain the background of it to them if necessary. I usually had a closing shift so recovery was a big part of my job, organizing the shelves, sweeping and mopping the floors, cleaning the bathrooms etc. I learned how to quickly adjust to any situation, how to be responsible, how working with others can teach you how to communicate effectively, to keep cool in tough situations and to always do more than what's asked of you. Overall management was good, sometimes tricky because each manager was different and they all wanted things done differently. My co-workers were all lovely and I made friends really easily. I'm a very confident person and I love to talk, only when it's the right time though. The hardest part of my job was having to be on my feet for all of my shift which a lot of the times were 8 to 9 hours.The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely working with the people, the good and the bad because the bad just made you appreciate the good.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Long hours in which you're always on your feet
Lots to do
Cashier / Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 October 2016
There was always a lot to do and so much going on, time went by so quickly. The overall experience was decent, however, much like every workplace there was the odd person who knew just how to get under your skin.
Pros
Discount, time went quick
Cons
Super busy
productive and fun
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC18 October 2016
Was working here temporary for store opening. Did a lot of pricing and tagging. Also learned some customer service skills. Very friendly people. Helped set up the whole store for opening