Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Great and enjoyable workplace with free k-cup coffee
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 26, 2016
- Enjoyed coming into work and facing new challenges
- Management is very understanding
- Co-workers were a blast to be around
- hardest part of the job was leaving Bed Bath & Beyond
awesome
Sales Associate - Team lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 24, 2016
Amazing work place, amazing people, couldnt ask for anything else. Sales associate and cashier training is amazing. Management team does and awesome job 10/10
Pros
20% off
great place to strt off
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 22, 2016
scheduling is good always gives u three weeks in advance
so u can plan ahead
coworkers are friendly
some or hard to deal with
being cashier is alot of work
Pros
they make lists of food to buy evry month
Cons
sometimes u dont get ur break
Good environment, bad attitudes
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE/SALES (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 15, 2016
Customer service, management was bad, lack of praise when you did a good job, pay was bad for the amount of work an effort given .
Pros
worked with good people
Cons
managment, hours, lack of praise
Great place to work, with great people
CSL (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONSeptember 11, 2016
Great place to work. The staff is very friendly, and definately a close knit kind of group. They make the day fun, yet we always manage to get our work done. Company is very caring, always willing to be flexible around my family's schedule. Hard work, but it is worth it to help customers find exactly what they are looking for. Stock gets to be a bit much at times, but we all pitch in. Finally found my work family.
Pros
Working with great people, great discounts and fun contests
It was a cool job
Soft side team member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 7, 2016
It was a cool job because of the items that they sold. A typical day of work was stocking and dealing with customers which was nice. Management was generally good. The co-workers were great many of them became close friends. The hardest part of the job was trying to maintain a school work-life balance, but you learn as you go. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting good at the job and knowing the answers to any question a customer could ask.
Pros
team incentives.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 23, 2016
Bed Bath and Beyond was an amazing place work. The management, the fellow employees, just everything is enjoyable. They taught me everything i need to know to be in retail, including cash handling
Pros
Get great discounts
Cons
Rude customers
Great People
Supervisor/Lead (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLAugust 18, 2016
Great people to work with. Management who help you through a hard day is a great place to work, will recommend to anyone. When you work hard, they will recognize it and most likely promote if the opportunity presents itself.
was only there for store set up
Customer Service,receiver,store set up (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLAugust 15, 2016
I was hired on for a few weeks to help with the store set up.I learned a lot about customer service and receiving. proper safety was taught and everyone worked together in a team. I was mass hired with a lot of other people and not many got to actually stay and work as a cashier.
Pros
friendly staff, well organized
Cons
mass hired so i didnt get to stay long
Productive and lots of work to be done
Full-time Sales associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCAugust 5, 2016
Very busy and lots of Managers on duty , lots of different projects that need to be completed everyday and new freight that needs to be back stocked or put away every morning. We completed online orders and over the phone orders
Productive and fun work place
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Balzac, ABJuly 27, 2016
My hours varied at Bed Bath and Beyond, depending on how big of a shipment we received. Everyone in receiving got along and we knew how to joke around while still accomplishing our tasks. While some days were 8 hour days and others were 12 hour days, it was a great place to work.
Environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJuly 19, 2016
Exemplary customer service! Productive environment, with the goal to have efficient routines in place. However, the environment can be negative and counter- productive.
Pros
Great customer service culture!
Cons
Very long hours.
productive and a fun professional environment
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 12, 2016
my time working at bed bath and beyond was amazing! love management, they were understanding, professional and also made work fun.
i learned how to have patience because of the position that i had.
my co-workers were exquisite.
the hardest part of my job was when i first began, i did not know how to answer certain questions customers had but if you ask for assistance there is always someone willing to help you learn and grow,
Great job experience
Offered exceptional customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 2, 2016
It's a busy store. Lots of incentive to achieve better performance. Good team work. We had a good team working together. great management. Lot of learning experience.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
Far from my residence
Busy day at work. Learn a lot
Sales Associate/Customer Service, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 11, 2016
Extensive customer service and inventory stock counts are a regular part of your job. But this is a good way to interact with people and build experience. We go above and beyond to assist customers. There is always a healthy environment and management and co workers are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Employee incentives, flxible schedule.
Cons
Less pay
Nice place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 6, 2016
The work wasn't too demanding or hard. Great place to work and employees were friendly. Some of the management however were unprofessional and rude.
Let's get to it
Replen/ Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 5, 2016
There was always something to do at BBB. First off it was to get all the stock that was received that day before out on the floor, that was the main priority. After that it was filling to wood walk, followed by order done for that day. I learned that you have to plan your day well and time had to be efficient. Management, well things could have been done differently, the main reason I left there to begin with. The co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was to get all the tasks done on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I worked replen and the partner I had was amazing.
Pros
xmas shop night
Cons
lack of communication
Being a Cashier at BB&B
Cashier/ Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 29, 2016
I worked as a cashier at Bed Bath & Beyond and it was really fun! There was a great mixture of people and a fun, stress-free environment.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
An ok place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONApril 25, 2016
Bed Bath and Beyond is on occasion an ok place to work. However it is one of the most demanding jobs I have ever had. The people were great and the work environment was stable.
Pros
employee incetives
Cons
physical demand
Was a great job to receive after my previous job place was shut down
Customer Service/ Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 21, 2016
Managers were very easy going, knew what they wanted, and pushed us to be the best in our positions at hand.

The co-workers were all easy to work with, and made the environment fun to work in.

Gave me the chance to try something new, and gave me the chance to try something new which was being able to work as a bridal consultant for newly weds who have chosen Bed Bath & Beyond as a place to register for the weddings.

I love that my job was nice and close and easy for me to get to.
Pros
Nice smelling environment