Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

Very fast paced and enjoyable place to work. Always something new to do.
Soft Side Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2017
This job keeps you on your toes and is always a exciting day, Meeting the customers and being able to help them is exciting. I enjoyed the great team I worked with. I was sad to leave, but my work injuries could not be accommodated. I could no longer climb ladders and that is very much part of the job. I would love to be able to go back to working at BBB if they could accommodate me.
Pros
I enjoyed the work, and the great team we had.
Cons
Not very accomodating to employees with injuries
To much Stress
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2017
a typical day at work was very hectic. To much tasks to do and not enough people to work. To many managers on duty in one day and not enough support for workers when difficulties arise. Not enough workers to work in the store daily and had to do Janitorial duties every night. Being told you did a good job but you could have done better. Had to greet and escort every customer to right department made finishing tasks given to you hard. Answers phones for managers and district managers. Being reprimanded by managers if stressful situations arise and blaming store policy instead taking blame on there faults. Having to do others peoples tasks that didn't get finish on time.
Pros
free lunch on hoildays
Cons
To many managers.
Fun workplace and friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 March 2017
Working at Bed Bath and Beyond is quite enjoyable. Most days during the week are slower but the weekends are quite busy. Christmas season is extremely busy and keeps you occupied the entire shift. I learned valuable customer service and social skills while working here. For the most part I have had no issues with management, they are very professional and understanding. The hardest part about the job is the physical aspect of lifting heavy objects or having to climb ladders while carrying objects. The most enjoyable part about this job is the relationships I have developed with fellow coworkers and the management.
Pros
Flexible schedules, employee discount, close to home
Cons
Physical aspects, long hours
fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2017
A typical day would be working in the customer service station, as a cashier handling all customers sales but also handling exchanges,returns and angry customers. The management was great and very understanding when i had to leave due to living situations and the fact that i was moving back home. One of the best parts about the job for me was the people i got to work with, they were all wonderful people and so fun to work with.
Don't work for bed bath and beyond
Soft side associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2017
Management is terrible. Won't accommodate second jobs but will only give 6-10 hours a week. I've work there for 5 years and barely make above minimum wage. Management can't agree on anything and are very confusing. Won't listen to any employees on how to better help customers. Say they promote from within but I've seen more people hired outside than promoted from within.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Everything else
productive and big on customer service
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC30 December 2016
Management is easy to deal with and quite friendly. Most of the staff are friendly and is a good environment to work in. The company is big on knowing about the details of each product and there are multiple systems that are used.
Cons
no set hours
workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 March 2017
i like working at bed bath and beyond because everyday you get to learn something new. We learn to respect others and help others. Everyone works as a team to provide good customer service. I work at the brampton location and i love the staff there.
fulfilling
o Warehouse merchandising (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 January 2017
I Completed tasks in the warehouse such as merchandising, receiving and stocking.Relieved cashier and processed orders and processed customer returns, also assisted clients with locating items and provided honest product information
Great place to work, with great people
CSL (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 September 2016
Great place to work. The staff is very friendly, and definately a close knit kind of group. They make the day fun, yet we always manage to get our work done. Company is very caring, always willing to be flexible around my family's schedule. Hard work, but it is worth it to help customers find exactly what they are looking for. Stock gets to be a bit much at times, but we all pitch in. Finally found my work family.
Pros
Working with great people, great discounts and fun contests
It was a cool job
Soft side team member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 September 2016
It was a cool job because of the items that they sold. A typical day of work was stocking and dealing with customers which was nice. Management was generally good. The co-workers were great many of them became close friends. The hardest part of the job was trying to maintain a school work-life balance, but you learn as you go. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting good at the job and knowing the answers to any question a customer could ask.
Pros
team incentives.
Hired as part time
sales in kitchen side of store (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 March 2017
I was hired as part time with the expectation that my salary would increase as time went by. So far all the training I have had is minimal and the feedback is limited. My experience and training is lost in this lost.
Bed bath and beyond
Hard Side Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 January 2017
comfortable enviornment, good pay, not too understaanding managment, low engagment in other employees working. snsus sdusjs sdsdskmw wbdbwehwe weiudwe we. dont make me write more than i have to say to a computer
Exhausting
Recieving Line/ Cash/ Floor sales (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 January 2017
I wouldn't say I had the best time, a lot of the people were fantastic that I had the opportunity to work with, but I would not say its ideal, as the new manager of the store isn't the easiest person to work with.
I learned alot.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 December 2016
I learned a lot although, hours were cut drastically and there was no room for advancement within the company unfortunately. Management was not the greatest at times, but the staff were friendly and most relatively helpful.
Awesome and fun place
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 December 2016
Working here everyone works together and no matter what you can always depend on either management or other co-workers to be there to help with nything
Pros
Awesome people and management
Cons
Not enough Hours
was only there for store set up
Customer Service,receiver,store set up (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 August 2016
I was hired on for a few weeks to help with the store set up.I learned a lot about customer service and receiving. proper safety was taught and everyone worked together in a team. I was mass hired with a lot of other people and not many got to actually stay and work as a cashier.
Pros
friendly staff, well organized
Cons
mass hired so i didnt get to stay long
Great team atmosphere
Sales consultant - cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 January 2017
very friendly team.
really great team atmosphere.
easily adjusted working hours.
not hard and interesting work.
tidy and pleasant workplace.
your opinion matters
Lots to do
Cashier / Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 October 2016
There was always a lot to do and so much going on, time went by so quickly. The overall experience was decent, however, much like every workplace there was the odd person who knew just how to get under your skin.
Pros
Discount, time went quick
Cons
Super busy
Great and enjoyable workplace with free k-cup coffee
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 September 2016
- Enjoyed coming into work and facing new challenges
- Management is very understanding
- Co-workers were a blast to be around
- hardest part of the job was leaving Bed Bath & Beyond
fun place to work
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS30 December 2016
Gained experience in many aspects of the store while working all the areas. Everyone worked well together. Would either work 8 to 430 or 1 to 930.