Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews in Canada

An ok place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONApril 25, 2016
Bed Bath and Beyond is on occasion an ok place to work. However it is one of the most demanding jobs I have ever had. The people were great and the work environment was stable.
Pros
employee incetives
Cons
physical demand
Was a great job to receive after my previous job place was shut down
Customer Service/ Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 21, 2016
Managers were very easy going, knew what they wanted, and pushed us to be the best in our positions at hand.

The co-workers were all easy to work with, and made the environment fun to work in.

Gave me the chance to try something new, and gave me the chance to try something new which was being able to work as a bridal consultant for newly weds who have chosen Bed Bath & Beyond as a place to register for the weddings.

I love that my job was nice and close and easy for me to get to.
Pros
Nice smelling environment
Cons
Productive and a fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 20, 2016
A typical day at work is being on cash and dealing with custoers making sure the tills are balanced right.

I learned customer service skills and phone adequate.

Management is very good to me.

Co-workers are easy to get along with.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with rude customers and making sure u didn't miss or over charge someone.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers and seeing customers and interacting with them.
Exciting to learn and try so many products - staff are hit and miss
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 13, 2016
Working with so many products can seem daunting to some, but really, I liked it - so many cool things to learn about and try out. All things I learned about product was self taught - the training was almost non-existent. No matter how much I urged for details on products from management they'd just tell me to fake it and wing it when recommending things to customers. I didn't like that so I spent my own time researching products and reviews to better help customers.

The long term employees were two-faced and jaded. The more casual work force was friendlier and more welcoming.

Management, unsurprisingly was unappreciative of hard working individuals. There were promises of rewards for excessively beating sales targets that were often "forgotten" and swept under the rug. Compliments were few and far in between.

The work itself wasn't hard, even on the busiest days, interacting with customers and making sure they left happy was the highlight of my days. The excellent return policy relaxed many nervous shoppers.
Pros
Purchasing discounts
Cons
Short, spread out hours, unpredictable schedule.
Team environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONMarch 23, 2016
Manager is very accomadating with scheduling what u can work. There is lots to do in very little time. Customers come first. They have a person for training people to help u learn. You need to work hard and do your job to move up. Managers recognize those that do their job with little complaining. Never a boring day. Lazy people don't last. People that listen and pay attention are successful.
Pros
Scheduling is always accomadating to everyone. Just speak to the store manager
Cons
Lots to do little time
Starts off fun and enjoyable and ends up being a place you'd rather not be.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Management is constantly changing how things are done without properly informing ALL of the employees. Lack of training. Too much favoritism. Managers expect way to much to be done in not enough time. All the company thinks about is the almighty dollar. Customers, overall, are treated well but not so much for the employees.
Energetic, fast paced, timely, grey views
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 8, 2016
routines-freight,down stock,sign checks,customer service. learned merchandising and ordering. management have little training time or time to help employees.Co workers work hard and i keep it buisnes only. hardest part is time management and most enjoyable is the work itself.
Pros
discounts
Cons
small lunch room
enhanced my confidance and multi-tasking ability
Front end lead associate (Current Employee) –  Bed, Bath and BeyondJanuary 8, 2016
Each day is different yet the same. Greeting customers, and engaging in conversation while ringing them through the check out. Making sure their needs are met while answering the phone and sometimes solving other problems that might arise. I've learned so much about myself and what an incredible multi tasker I am. My co workers are incredible. Always dedicated to the customer and putting people first. They always go above and beyond to make our clients happy. The hardest part of the job are the hours. With three kids it's difficult to work varied hours. A set schedule would be wonderful for planning other activities for myself and to meet my children's needs.
Pros
great staff
Cons
retail hours. evenings and weekends.
Unfair
Front end lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 25, 2015
I worked here for a little over a year. The people were nice and fun to work with, but after a while you start to realize that the managers cares about themselves only. They wont treat you fairly. The hours they give you are good at first, but then they suck after a while. There were good days and bad days. You don't get anywhere with this job.
Pros
Easy job, fun staff
Cons
Short breaks, rude management
enrolling farms in our incentive program and bull testing
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 26, 2015
Was a great experience working with the farming community, really enjoyed helping farms get incentive money to help with their beef, goat or pig farms.
Friendly workplace with supportive staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 16, 2015
Enjoyable job in a comfortable, encouraging workplace.Very friendly and helpful coworkers, created great workplace compatibility and enhanced personal communication skills. Everyone was flexible when it came to things such as covering shifts and vacation time. Managers were easy-going, a couple were a bit stiff but overall quite pleasant. Management encouraged productivity and always ensured all employees were satisfied with their job. Although mostly all employees were energetic and maintained a positive attitude, there were a few who caused issues. The most enjoyable part was working alongside highly experienced coworkers and being able to learn workplace techniques from them that I can apply to my work.
Accommodating place to work in.
Soft Side Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  edmontonAugust 18, 2015
not too much hours but very accommodating managers.. it is fun until closing time which closing staff have to sweep and mop floors which is big.. other than that, pretty good place to work at.
active and educational work enviroment
recieving (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2015
each day brings in new products to the store as well as many days where one can get a great exercise with all the walking, lifting and day to day training.
Each day we learn more about common housewares products, curtains, bedding, bathroom accessories.
Pros
new products and customer service
Cons
less then part time hours
customer service
Associate (Current Employee) –  edmontonAugust 3, 2015
customer service is number one and is the most important thing to all employees!! best wedding registry in Canada !! would recomned to friends and family.
Productive work place
SALES-REP HEAD - CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2015
excellent actually very very,
good, and well handled everyday
by the companys managers.
lots of benefits as well as
knowledge within the company itself!
Productive and Enjoyable
Receiving Stock (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJune 21, 2015
Although the salary may not be the highest, it's still a time-passing and pretty sociable job with the right co workers.
Pros
Time-passing, fun
Cons
Sometimes really hard work
Good work place
Sales Associate / Gift Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 26, 2015
People are nice at work. Typical day would be helping every customer you see and merchandising at the same time. You help couple's with building gift registries and also help people buy gifts.
I love working here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 21, 2015
 Developed a strong pattern of repeat sales and client loyalty, through accurate and honest product information and help in accessing client needs
 Managed and motivated staff, providing individual support and resolving communication problems
 Extremely sociable, able to put customers at ease and feel appreciated
 Able to resolve customer problems that arise or locating the appropriate personal to assist them, following through, so I will know the answer next time
Loved every minute
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 21, 2015
Loved working for BB&B. I assisted the move into Canada. I needed to move away from where a store was at for family reasons. Therefore I had to leave BB&B
Pros
Amazing
Cons
nothing
dominate job
Cashier, Replishment (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 30, 2015
typical day at work includes: stocking the store, assisting customers, and going on cash when called.
I learned to be more patient due to the management doesn't exactly care and simply boss you around like a piece of meat, however, all co-workers stick together.
my job it self its easy, keeping on track of the stock room, not everyone keeps it together however i love being in charge of the stock room.
Pros
no dress code
Cons
never enough hours