Bed Bath & Beyond

1.5K reviews

Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

enhanced my confidance and multi-tasking ability
Front end lead associate (Current Employee) –  Bed, Bath and BeyondJanuary 8, 2016
Each day is different yet the same. Greeting customers, and engaging in conversation while ringing them through the check out. Making sure their needs are met while answering the phone and sometimes solving other problems that might arise. I've learned so much about myself and what an incredible multi tasker I am. My co workers are incredible. Always dedicated to the customer and putting people first. They always go above and beyond to make our clients happy. The hardest part of the job are the hours. With three kids it's difficult to work varied hours. A set schedule would be wonderful for planning other activities for myself and to meet my children's needs.
Pros
great staff
Cons
retail hours. evenings and weekends.
Unfair
Front end lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 25, 2015
I worked here for a little over a year. The people were nice and fun to work with, but after a while you start to realize that the managers cares about themselves only. They wont treat you fairly. The hours they give you are good at first, but then they suck after a while. There were good days and bad days. You don't get anywhere with this job.
Pros
Easy job, fun staff
Cons
Short breaks, rude management
Friendly workplace with supportive staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 16, 2015
Enjoyable job in a comfortable, encouraging workplace.Very friendly and helpful coworkers, created great workplace compatibility and enhanced personal communication skills. Everyone was flexible when it came to things such as covering shifts and vacation time. Managers were easy-going, a couple were a bit stiff but overall quite pleasant. Management encouraged productivity and always ensured all employees were satisfied with their job. Although mostly all employees were energetic and maintained a positive attitude, there were a few who caused issues. The most enjoyable part was working alongside highly experienced coworkers and being able to learn workplace techniques from them that I can apply to my work.
Accommodating place to work in.
Soft Side Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  edmontonAugust 18, 2015
not too much hours but very accommodating managers.. it is fun until closing time which closing staff have to sweep and mop floors which is big.. other than that, pretty good place to work at.
customer service
Associate (Current Employee) –  edmontonAugust 3, 2015
customer service is number one and is the most important thing to all employees!! best wedding registry in Canada !! would recomned to friends and family.
Productive and Enjoyable
Receiving Stock (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJune 21, 2015
Although the salary may not be the highest, it's still a time-passing and pretty sociable job with the right co workers.
Pros
Time-passing, fun
Cons
Sometimes really hard work
Good work place
Sales Associate / Gift Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 26, 2015
People are nice at work. Typical day would be helping every customer you see and merchandising at the same time. You help couple's with building gift registries and also help people buy gifts.
Nice Hours and Strong Sense of Team Work
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 29, 2015
This job required a lot of hard work and commitment. I believe I was able to meet both these requirements. Before this job my sense of teamwork was very weak and I did not have strong interpersonal skills, however after this job I realised how important strong communication skills were. I really enjoyed how well most of the co-workers got along with each other.
Pros
Nice Hours
Cons
Hard Labour (since I worked as a receiver)
Retail work with LOTS of customer service
Sales/Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 31, 2015
If you like to sell products, and are more comfortable with lots of customer interactions this job is suited towards you. The aim of the store is to become as close to the customers as possible and to have them leave with 100 % satisfaction every time.
Pros
discount after 90 days
Cons
Management can sometimes be too much
A little hectic at times but everyone does their job well.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2015
It was a fast paced environment with everyone chipping in. I made friends quickly and got along with just about everyone. overall is was a good experience.

Want to know more about Bed Bath & Beyond?

Ask a question
fun place to work
Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2015
I have learned a lot about diverse culture and more.
I like to keep myself updated and it was a great opportunity.
my co workers are all very co -operative.
I love working with teams and it was pleasure that I had an position in bed bath and beyond to prove so.
Pros
flaxible timing
Cons
nothing.
productive and fun work place with partners.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2015
a typical day of an early shift at BBB was really beautiful just to see the process of fill with products all the store from bedding until kitchen .
Pros
motivation from the managers always
Cons
no one
Okay place to work
P/T Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 28, 2015
Being paid minimum wage to do way more work than was expected wasn't fun. I was the only associate in my section who was physically able to do ladder work, which there was a lot of. Initially I was told all the stock would be done in the morning before the store even opened, but that wasn't the case. Carrying large, awkward boxes up and down ladders can be really hard. And setting up displays with minimal space is exhausting.

Other than the less than stellar pay, the other staff was amazing, including the department managers. Everyone is super friendly and very willing to help if you have any problems.
Pros
employee incentive programs run by product manufacturers
Cons
minimal pay for maximum work
Fun
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  surrey b.cNovember 26, 2014
I learned how to timemanage. work through large amounts of incoming product & customers.
Pros
good team
Cons
no room to grow or get raises
Nice work place
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 27, 2014
Its nice company to work with.
A day is busy at work.
I learned lots of leadership qualities.
management is good.
Thought of a job is nice, actual job isn't
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONAugust 11, 2014
A typical day at work is approaching customers every two songs, asking if they need help, bringing products to the front of the shelf, filling empty spots and putting away the returns.
A few of my managers are nice, the others are not
and all of my co-workers are super nice.
The hardest part of my job is walking around constantly, and lifting heavy products. The most enjoyable is being thanked when I can find the product for them
Pros
employee discount
Cons
unplanned breaks, 75% of the didn't get days you book off
Great first time job, and helped me develop great interpersonal skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, OntarioAugust 4, 2014
Bed Bath and Beyond was a great first time job experience for me, my co-workers were very nice and cooperative with me. In addition, they pushed me further to develop interpersonal skills with the customers. The hardest part of the job was trying to get out of my shell, and interact more with the customers, thankfully I grew more outgoing. Furthermore, I learned more about myself and found out that if I put my mind to something I can succeed and prosper.
Fun Place, like a second family
Customer service, Cashier and Bridal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJune 23, 2014
I enjoy working with everyone there, we all help eachother out if needed. management is great and its a very up beat work zone
fun place to work at
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMay 8, 2014
i like my work team they are fun to be around and when its time to tackle work and get moving everyone knows where their place is ....
Pros
great team
Cons
hard to get you ideas passed accross the higher management
Typical Day at Work
Front End/Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 21, 2014
A typical day at work included of greeting each and every customer ensuring a positive entrance into the store. Recovery, which meant that each label of every product was to be facing the customer and aligned with the edge of the shelf. Assisting customers with questions regarding if we carried a certain product or the whereabouts of its location in the store. I also personally dealt with exchanges, returns, angry customers and complaints on a daily basis. However, all the staff at BB&B are easy to get along with as long as everyone does their part.