Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

The Best First Job
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB5 November 2017
I absolutely adored working at BBB. I was surrounded by friendly, intelligent, outgoing managers who really wanted to see you be successful. The company really offers great comprehensive training for the product that is sold. I also loved that there were several managers all responsible for different areas of the store.
Pros
Competitive Wages, Super friendly employees, great training
great company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON31 October 2017
good workplace, lot of opportunity for advancement, staff is listened to and everyone works together well, great place for a job and to gain lots of work experience
A fun atmosphere with intriguing challenges.
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 October 2017
Bed, Bath and Beyond is a fun fast paced environment. The management staff is very supportive and the culture makes it easy to be a successful associate there.

The hardest challenge was finding balance with projects and servicing customers. It can get very busy! The most enjoyable part of the job was helping brides develop their wedding registry and walking college students and their families through getting ready for life away from home.
Pros
Many challenges to learn and grow from.
Cons
Long hours and understaffed
Productive and an easy learning enivironment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 October 2017
Its a great place to start off with , I enjoy working there because the staff there is very friendly and inviting , and also lots of things to do to keep yourself busy . Overall I like working there and I have learned many new things from there.
Pros
good employee discount
Lots of favoratism
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 October 2017
I loved my position but am not happy about working 4/5 weekends when single people with no commitments didn't work weekends or evenings as much! Managers had their favorites and if you didn't fit the criteria you got shafted on days off and scheduling unfairness!
Pros
Benefits were not bad, discount was nice
Cons
Too many weekends, lots of turn over with management and staff!
bed bath and nothing beyond
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 October 2017
Theres not a whole lot of positive things that i can say about this company and the way they treat their employees. supervisors and management team are disrespectful and treat you like garbage. If you enjoy being a robot and not having any freedom then this is the place for you to work.
Pros
reasonable hours
Cons
verbally abusive management and incompetent supervisors
My favorite work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON28 September 2017
The staff was so nice and friendly the whole time and made you feel like family. The down side was the fact they didnt work around school very well which made it hard to stay !
Very Amazing
Cash register and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC28 September 2017
I enjoy working at BBBY.

Very nice and bright environment.

Fellow associates are fun and kind.

We are taught to provide the best customer service.

Unrealistic Expectations and Timelines
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON22 August 2017
High standards of customer service with often only one associate scheduled per department.
Company has been subject to several wrongful dismissal suits in the GTA District alone.
Employee Discount is the same as the customers coupon.
Expectations to complete projects/freight and maintain customer service is unrealistic.
Management is held accountable to sales plan but not given the adequate tools to impact it.
45 hour work week for Management
Customer Service, management and training
Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 August 2017
As a part-time sales associate, my hours during the week varied from 5,7 to 9 hours.
Customer Service is very important to the company, as well as knowledge on all the products in your department.
They constantly train you on safety and security of the store.
A considerable amount of training for the actual products they are selling.
Management could use some work... although everyone is nice, there are managers who i favor more than others. Based on the emotional relationship they try to build with you.
Overall the hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who really challenge your patience and product knowledge.

Want to know more about Bed Bath & Beyond?

Ask a question
Good workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 August 2017
I would go to work and know it was a good environment. The employees working alongside me had great energy and we all got along. It was a safe and happy workplace.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
Not a lot of benefits
Very hands in environment, great atmosphere and overall great people to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bed Bath & Beyond21 July 2017
I have been employed at Bed Bath &a Beyond for a little over 8 months and I have enjoyed working there very much. Thanks to all the staff and especially the management I have learned a lot of valuable and helpful information for the future. I have learned not only how to professionally help customers but how to help and communicate the proper and accurate credentials about each product on the floor in my department. A special thanks to Joey our Cunstomer Service manager who has been with me every step of the way and who has really taken the time to work with me down to the last detail if I do not understand something. Bed Bath & Beyond is a great place for a part time or even full time should you choose to peruse a job in the retail field in the future. I am very much enjoying working with the customers and my co-workers and hope there is always something new to learn.
Pros
Emloyee Discount
Cons
No break if working leas than 4 hours
Awesome Values
Front End Lead/Shipping & Receiving (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
Great company when it comes to customer service. The people you work with are all fantastic for the most part. The only gripe I would have is the hours will sometimes be out of your favor if you are a part time worker. But other than that it is a great place to work.
Safe, clean and respectful workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2017
Managers are very nice and understanding when having conversations with their employees. Safety is very important in the workplace for both customers and employees. Always clean and tidy
great workplace if you do not want continue your education
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2017
Good atmosphere in term of management and employee team.if you the integrity you would promoted soon. They will not appreciate your education.........
Pros
Good Management, Great team work experiences
Cons
Low salary, Not good place for educated person
Good for Part-time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2017
This was a good workplace for a while, but then they started focusing too much on the corporate needs while disregarding the needs of the employees. If you're looking for something on the side to pass the time this is the perfect place to work, but it will now completely pay the bills. The lower level management staff was amazing they really considered your needs and listened to your input, but were usually over-ruled by upper-management.
Cons
Inconsistent Hours
this is a great place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2017
the company overall is a great place to work great salary above par and great benifits package very freindly and team orientated they promote from within so chances of advancement are very high.
very fun management and a great group of coworkers
SHIPPER/RECIEVER (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS6 June 2017
Had a great time working for BBB out in the warehouse, everyone outback and on the floor was funny, lively and seemed to enjoy what they did, or atleast had fun with it, the management was nice and polite, felt like actual people you could talk to.

Sadly i had to leave to go back to school on *very* short notice and kinda left on a sour note because of it, aside from that. i never had any major issues or fights with coworkers or management, i had a great time even when i didnt like it.
Pros
fun, lively enviroment
Interview your interviewer.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 June 2017
Ask your interviewer questions. Like what is the turnover in the store. What do you do to motivate your employees. Ask if you make a mistake, how is it handled. If you are a student, ask manager how easy will it be to change your availability. How many shifts a week are you required to do for this position. ASK QUESTIONS!! Stressed out managers = unhappy associates and high turnover.
Pros
Good company overall, Great monthly vendor discounts, First class training program when properly implemented.
Cons
Low wages, schedules have zero stability. Very physically demanding, high staff turnover, high management turnover. Too stressful for such a low paying job.
Stay away
Sales Associate/Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2017
Really bad management
No room in the company to grow
Didn't pay me properly salary until 4 months later
Discount sucks, 20% off your whole purchase, but they give customers 20% off coupons
Only good thing was co workers
Pros
Co workers, casual dress code
Cons
Long hours. Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.