Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Reviews

An amazing place to work!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
I have loved every moment of working at Bed Bath and Beyond. Managers are great, they are very flexible, very professional, hours are okay, like every other retail.
I don't like working in retail, but I don't mind this place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 January 2018
Nothing more to say than title, sorry folks. Hope you have a wonderful day and I wish you the best of luck finding whatever you're looking for, whether it be long term or temporary, fulfilling or necessary.
Fun place to work as a start up for students to learn
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 January 2018
As a cashier, good way to learn customer behavior and culture. Learn patience and tolerant levels of different customers. Hardest part is to cope with school and work balance.
Enjoyable part is fun environment and different people to work with.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
No growth
Good people, Bad leadership
Front End Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Ab4 January 2018
If you are looking for a place to work where you can do almost nothing all day and never get fired, this is the place for you. You need to actively try to get fired here, and even then, you may not be let go.

They promise befits, and flexible hours, but its a lie. Don't get me wrong, you are given flexible hours. That one isn't too much of a problem, until people abuse the system. One key holder would only work Mon-Fri 9-5 and refused to work any other time. At a retail place. Only recently did they put their foot down.
And you are eligible for benefits, if you are full time. Good luck getting full time. Only management and some "replan" (the people that take care of stock) are actually full time. They also told us that if you are responsible for stopping a theft, we are eligible for a reward. The key word there is "Eligible" and that wasn't made clear. I stopped $800 of stuff from walking out the door. I got nothing. A co worker stopped $1,000 and she got a T-Shirt. And only because she asked.

I absolutely love the people I work with (Most of them at least) and I like my mangers. All these problems come from poor Regional and Corporate policies. And I know its easy to brush off a poor review, but I am a person that has worked there for many years, much like a lot of my co workers. Its not because they have great hiring structure, but because no one, no matter how incompetent, gets fired.
Pros
You can get Cheap Stuff
Cons
Little chance of getting full time, 0 reward for stopping theft, higher management is spineless.
Great Part-Time Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 January 2018
If you are a student looking for a part-time jobs with good availability this is a great job! They fluctuate on hours but normally give you a much as you ask for. I work during the day and occasional evening and am normally happy with my paycheck in the end.

The BBB managers are very good and the atmosphere is very good as everyone is very friendly providing a fun place to work and feel more then comfortable in.
Great job but unfriendly management
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 December 2017
Management started friendly but under stress revealed unpleasant side. Time off is rarely approved as they are very short staffed however the job itself is pleasant.
Customer Service oriented and great team to work with.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC29 December 2017
A typical work day for a cashier is to make sure that the guests are leaving happy and with a good last impression.

For Floor associates, it is important to keep inventory sorted and looking presentable to guests and to answer any questions a customer may have. We aim to help guests find what best suites their needs, not just sell them the most expensive item.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the family Bed Bath & Beyond creates between the associates.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Gives few hours
A decent place to grow and learn new skills whilst being in a flawed and sometimes frustrating system.
Department Lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 December 2017
Bed Bath is a very Customer service heavy company who is trying to stave off death by Amazon through intense customer service focus. They do well with training their employees in this facet of retail but sometimes this can lead to them putting to much emphasis on the customer and not enough on the their lower level employees. Management and hours are another big issue, but i am unsure of whether or not this has to do with money issues within the company or just a complete lack of understanding of what resources they need to run certain stores efficiently.
Pros
Room to grow and move up.
Cons
Lack of hours for stores, and no management communication.
Friendly
Merchandiser (Temporary Position) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 December 2017
Bed, Bath & Beyond welcomes a friendly customer service to ensure that the customer is always satisfied. Team members will do everything they can to help a customer as best as they can.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Always running around looking for stuff
Better pay and hours are needed.
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 December 2017
I will start off with what I did like about the store:

Management is really good with time off (never had a single request denied, even in December)

20% discount on pretty much anything in store.

If you work in the back end, you are always on the day shift and don't do closings.

However, there are several drawbacks:
You do not get a raise even after being there over a year.

They rarely hire non management as full time, so there is no benefits.

Meaningless rules about dress code (no jeans on Saturdays, but on Fridays its ok)

Expect open availability only to work you 16 hours a week

I feared getting sick because I couldn't afford to take extra unpaid days off.

Management could work on communication (Been told the same thing by 5 different people within a few minutes).

They've predetermined who they want to move up in the company and who will stay part time until they leave. If you want to be a manager, work here a year or two and then apply at another place.

Part time hours do not cut it forever for most people. This is why most employees there are in college or semi retired.

I would of been happier working here if I hadn't felt like I was barely scraping by.
Pros
No stress about time off
Cons
Does not pay enough, no raises unless you get promoted
Kitchener a terrible location, other stores significantly better.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 December 2017
Kitchener management is very harsh, complete lack of employee recognition, incredibly unfriendly/rude managers and upper staff. Focus on negative comments and bring down the employees. Work is less customer service and more cleaning. Very vigilant. Others I worked in were very nice, had friendly staff/managers and good work environment.
Pros
Calmer than big city locations, easier to complete projects
Cons
Managing style is off-putting
No pay raise! No room for improvement!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 November 2017
Despite overwhelmingly positive feedback and that fact that the company boasted their “best year to date but there are people out there who are underpaid or who feel they could be better compensated elsewhere.

As they often say, the fastest way to get a big raise is to change jobs and find better. Of course, study hard!

A job I call a good stepping stone for young adults and good retirement job to do. Some management have poor resolution in making decision. Though I respect them for that most of the time
Pros
Working with people
Cons
No advancement feeling, !
Bed Bath Life
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 November 2017
Working for Bed Bath came with many daily challenges. There was always multiple things to do everyday, so my multitasking abilities have more than improved. I also learned how to be more understanding with customers and their general needs. I loved the fact that nothing was the same on a day to day basis. I also value my associates that made going into work everyday!
Fun
Sales Representative, Receiver, Re Plane (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 November 2017
Fun work place and very good if youd like to meet new people and make connections. Very outgoing and an easy store to work at because of the people and managers
The Best First Job
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB5 November 2017
I absolutely adored working at BBB. I was surrounded by friendly, intelligent, outgoing managers who really wanted to see you be successful. The company really offers great comprehensive training for the product that is sold. I also loved that there were several managers all responsible for different areas of the store.
Pros
Competitive Wages, Super friendly employees, great training
Nepotism reigns
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 November 2017
Unless you are friend or family forget it! Nothing is very clear. So much gossip. I have not been at this location very long. The manager seems to have favorites
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management :(
great company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON31 October 2017
good workplace, lot of opportunity for advancement, staff is listened to and everyone works together well, great place for a job and to gain lots of work experience
A fun atmosphere with intriguing challenges.
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 October 2017
Bed, Bath and Beyond is a fun fast paced environment. The management staff is very supportive and the culture makes it easy to be a successful associate there.

The hardest challenge was finding balance with projects and servicing customers. It can get very busy! The most enjoyable part of the job was helping brides develop their wedding registry and walking college students and their families through getting ready for life away from home.
Pros
Many challenges to learn and grow from.
Cons
Long hours and understaffed
Productive and an easy learning enivironment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 October 2017
Its a great place to start off with , I enjoy working there because the staff there is very friendly and inviting , and also lots of things to do to keep yourself busy . Overall I like working there and I have learned many new things from there.
Pros
good employee discount
Lots of favoratism
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 October 2017
I loved my position but am not happy about working 4/5 weekends when single people with no commitments didn't work weekends or evenings as much! Managers had their favorites and if you didn't fit the criteria you got shafted on days off and scheduling unfairness!
Pros
Benefits were not bad, discount was nice
Cons
Too many weekends, lots of turn over with management and staff!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath & Beyond. Our community is ready to answer.

51K