Beckman Coulter, Inc.

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great if you don't need a personal life
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Brea, CAMarch 22, 2015
Just not a great experience overall. Management is confined by upper management. The process that is in place is un-sustainable. Customers will begin to leave resulting in less business and layoffs... BEWARE
No set hours, difficult work / life balance
Senior Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2015
Pros: company car, laptop, work from home
Cons: late work nights, on-call all of the time
Not suitable for anyone except single personnel without children. This job is very demanding with minimal compensation. Not worth the stress or not see my family.
New management is not very experienced
Quality Assurance Scientist (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAMarch 18, 2015
Good company just needs better management. Very challenging work and can be very hurried. The people there are good to work for and the product is needed.
An amazing company with visionary products
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 16, 2015
Pros: instruments
Cons: lack of focus
Beckman Coulter designed and produced great instruments and had the dedicated Field Service staff to support them. The acquisition by Danaher brought many things including a focus on squeezing ever more from the company. This took it's toll in the end but I'm sure they will find their way again.
Distribution Facility Lead
Lead Technician (Current Employee), Hebron, KYMarch 12, 2015
Pros: great health benefits - competitive vacation / sick time - 401k
I am currently a Warehouse Lead. My daily duties consist of:
Hourly reports
Training / Cross training new associates
Hold QDIP (Quality) meetings daily
Answer customer service emails

Highly motivated leader to my team. I thoroughly enjoy working with all of my fellow co-workers along with the management team.

The hardest part of my position right now is the heavy workload expected on a daily basis. Being extremely understaffed since transitioning to a Warehouse Management System in September, has heavily weighed upon the management team. For 8 months it has been a consistent 6 - 7 day work weeks.

Very interested to see where skills that I have obtained in my 7 years with Beckman Coulter may lead me. In search of a great corporation where I am able to expand my career and utilize my knowledge as well as continually grow.
Professional
Chemistry Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Midrand, GPMarch 6, 2015
Pros: travel, company benefits
Cons: 24 hour assistance
Monitoring effectivity of analysers and engineers. Dealing with customers.
Problem solving.
Most enjoyable was training and mentoring of engineers and technicians.
Hardest part was being available 24Hrs to assist with troubleshooting.
intelligent co-workers
Project Management (Former Employee), Chaska, MNFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: company was bought and management hierarchy was upset.
Many layers of complexity but the task at hand was always in very capable hands. Good place to work, a lot of things to learn.
Good Company, No Loyalty
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: no loyalty
Good company to work for with good benefits, however, there is no loyalty. Everyone is on pins and needles as you can be terminated at any time.
Reward individuals for their efforts
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: incentive program
Cons: required to sell contract
Faced challenging and complex situation to resolve customer issues. Met customer expectations and ensured the performance of the customer instrument.
Miami, FL
Analyst (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Juggling fires and trying to achieve conflicting goals. Danaher has ruin a great company and management does not care about the employee. There are yearly christmas layoffs and cost cutting is the number one objective, no opportunity for grow.
I loved working for Beckman Coulter
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Kendall, FLJanuary 27, 2015
The inter-acting with internal and external customers on a daily basis I really enjoyed that, but unfortunately my department moved.
High Pressure workplace with focus on helping customers
ADVANCED DISPATCH COORDINATOR SOUTH (Current Employee), OAKLEY COURT KINGSMEAD BUSINESS PARK HIGH WYCOMBEJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: a very enjoyable place to work, busy and motivated, highly pressurised
Cons: frustration with parts availability
A typical days work involves firstly making sure all engineers have work to do and if no fault calls have come in, perhaps perform a PM or a compliance training course. Dealing with all calls coming in overnight and schedule accordingly. Check parts ordered and the delivery details.Schedule PM and review reports on CNS and Modifications.
Management are normally very helpful if we cannot resolve issues along with Tech specialist.
The hardest part of my job is to tell people that I cannot cover calls.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with my engineers and my colleagues within the coordination group. We have been working together over a long period of time and understand each other very well
A professional workplace
Advanced Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 25, 2015
It was a great experience working at the Beckman-Coulter campus. This has been the best company I have worked for. A very professional atmosphere.
okay
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAJanuary 19, 2015
okay place to work when I was there. But that was over 10years ago. Nothing special
Increasing man hour productivity
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Kashipur,IndiaJanuary 18, 2015
Got experience to work in industry.Learned techniques to provide cost saving for company.
Order Picker
Distribution Specialist (Current Employee), Hebron, KYJanuary 17, 2015
Pick orders the majority of the day. Fix inventory discrepencies in Oracle. It's very fast paced, which I enjoy. My co-workers are great and we work together as a team.
Great company, Great people and excellent work environment.
Material Handler/Assembler (Former Employee), Porterville, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: family oriented environment, possitive, safe and excellent work place.
Check company emails for orders and assignments, Cycle count inventory, Perform all Inventory Control Procedures, Pull orders, Receive Products, Shipping and Handling Duties, Make any or all corrections in the system in result of cycle counts. Email updated spreadsheets and reports to management.
Laboratory Instrumentation
Post Sales Engineer, Technical Training (Former Employee), Brea, CADecember 30, 2014
3 years in Corporate training of laboratory instruments. Specialized in chemistry and immunochemistry.
downsizing
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Florence, KYDecember 22, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: downsizing
downsizing-constantly and unfairly, with bad reviews and I cant wait to find them giving negative response for potential employers, as I am an excellent and honest employee with an outstanding record.
sinking ship!!
account sales consultant (Former Employee), fieldDecember 9, 2014
Cons: no focus on customer service, hitting numbers and growing at any cost
the sales reps are jumping like rats from a sinking ship. All the talent has left. Open positions all over the country due to them treating us terrible

If they hire anybody, it will be young guys just out of school and they will burn you out quickly. Keep looking my friend!

1 2 3 4 5

About Beckman Coulter, Inc.

Beckman Coulter, Inc., the largest operating company of the Danaher family, is a manufacturer and marketer of biomedical testing – Read more

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Photos