Beckman Coulter, Inc.

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company
Sales Engineer (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 16, 2015
The pioneer in Diagnostics. Rich heritage of innovation. Great founders. Arnold Beckman was the inventor of pH meter. Wallace Coulter invented Coulter principle. Was fortunate to have a great boss and few senior colleagues, some of whom are friends and continue to remain real-world encyclopedias to me on selling.
enviroment awesome
Manufacturing Planner/Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAApril 15, 2015
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!people great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Accounting in AP/AR
Bio Science Manufacture (Current Employee), Brea, CAApril 2, 2015
Wonderful workplace it has a great atmosphere. Its a wonderful place to work in, the staff is very nice and social. I love everything about this company.
Opportunity
Quality Assurance Scientist II (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 2, 2015
It was a great opportunity. I learned a lot working them. We helped each other to achieve a common goal, which is quality.
OK place to work for
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee), Brea, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
Good place to work. management was OK at best since a new company took it over. Worked for 19 + years and they moved to Ky. and I didn't want to move.
Management team worked for the employees.
Administrative Assistant, Customer Relations (Former Employee), Brea, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Worked with a team of 4 supporting the VIP Customer Relations Tours. I was given the opportunity to learn Event Planning.
Great if you don't need a personal life
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Brea, CAMarch 22, 2015
Just not a great experience overall. Management is confined by upper management. The process that is in place is un-sustainable. Customers will begin to leave resulting in less business and layoffs... BEWARE
No set hours, difficult work / life balance
Senior Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2015
Pros: company car, laptop, work from home
Cons: late work nights, on-call all of the time
Not suitable for anyone except single personnel without children. This job is very demanding with minimal compensation. Not worth the stress or not see my family.
New management is not very experienced
Quality Assurance Scientist (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAMarch 18, 2015
Good company just needs better management. Very challenging work and can be very hurried. The people there are good to work for and the product is needed.
An amazing company with visionary products
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 16, 2015
Pros: instruments
Cons: lack of focus
Beckman Coulter designed and produced great instruments and had the dedicated Field Service staff to support them. The acquisition by Danaher brought many things including a focus on squeezing ever more from the company. This took it's toll in the end but I'm sure they will find their way again.
Distribution Facility Lead
Lead Technician (Current Employee), Hebron, KYMarch 12, 2015
Pros: great health benefits - competitive vacation / sick time - 401k
I am currently a Warehouse Lead. My daily duties consist of:
Hourly reports
Training / Cross training new associates
Hold QDIP (Quality) meetings daily
Answer customer service emails

Highly motivated leader to my team. I thoroughly enjoy working with all of my fellow co-workers along with the management team.

The hardest part of my position right now is the heavy workload expected on a daily basis. Being extremely understaffed since transitioning to a Warehouse Management System in September, has heavily weighed upon the management team. For 8 months it has been a consistent 6 - 7 day work weeks.

Very interested to see where skills that I have obtained in my 7 years with Beckman Coulter may lead me. In search of a great corporation where I am able to expand my career and utilize my knowledge as well as continually grow.
Professional
Chemistry Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Midrand, GPMarch 6, 2015
Pros: travel, company benefits
Cons: 24 hour assistance
Monitoring effectivity of analysers and engineers. Dealing with customers.
Problem solving.
Most enjoyable was training and mentoring of engineers and technicians.
Hardest part was being available 24Hrs to assist with troubleshooting.
intelligent co-workers
Project Management (Former Employee), Chaska, MNFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: company was bought and management hierarchy was upset.
Many layers of complexity but the task at hand was always in very capable hands. Good place to work, a lot of things to learn.
Good Company, No Loyalty
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: no loyalty
Good company to work for with good benefits, however, there is no loyalty. Everyone is on pins and needles as you can be terminated at any time.
Reward individuals for their efforts
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: incentive program
Cons: required to sell contract
Faced challenging and complex situation to resolve customer issues. Met customer expectations and ensured the performance of the customer instrument.
Miami, FL
Analyst (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Juggling fires and trying to achieve conflicting goals. Danaher has ruin a great company and management does not care about the employee. There are yearly christmas layoffs and cost cutting is the number one objective, no opportunity for grow.
I loved working for Beckman Coulter
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Kendall, FLJanuary 27, 2015
The inter-acting with internal and external customers on a daily basis I really enjoyed that, but unfortunately my department moved.
High Pressure workplace with focus on helping customers
ADVANCED DISPATCH COORDINATOR SOUTH (Current Employee), OAKLEY COURT KINGSMEAD BUSINESS PARK HIGH WYCOMBEJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: a very enjoyable place to work, busy and motivated, highly pressurised
Cons: frustration with parts availability
A typical days work involves firstly making sure all engineers have work to do and if no fault calls have come in, perhaps perform a PM or a compliance training course. Dealing with all calls coming in overnight and schedule accordingly. Check parts ordered and the delivery details.Schedule PM and review reports on CNS and Modifications.
Management are normally very helpful if we cannot resolve issues along with Tech specialist.
The hardest part of my job is to tell people that I cannot cover calls.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with my engineers and my colleagues within the coordination group. We have been working together over a long period of time and understand each other very well
A professional workplace
Advanced Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 25, 2015
It was a great experience working at the Beckman-Coulter campus. This has been the best company I have worked for. A very professional atmosphere.
okay
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAJanuary 19, 2015
okay place to work when I was there. But that was over 10years ago. Nothing special

1 2 3 4 5

About Beckman Coulter, Inc.

Beckman Coulter, Inc., the largest operating company of the Danaher family, is a manufacturer and marketer of biomedical testing – Read more

Beckman Coulter, Inc. Photos

A busy day at work.
Working with CBC machine.
Access blood analyzer machine