Bechtel

Bechtel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Company
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 9, 2014
Pros: anytime i needed time off it was given without hesitation.
Cons: my direct supervisor always wanted to help but sometimes left more of a mess than assistance.
When I was laid off from AT&T as Bechtel's dedicated Technician, Bechtel created a position for me and I became their Telecommunications Technician.

A typical day at work consisted of me completing open service tickets and repair tickets. One of the most important aspects of this job was how to get a job completed as quickly as possible but to make – more... sure that each job was done with expert attention. The management staff was excellent to work for and made sure that I was constantly trained for any and all equipment that Bechtel upgraded to.

My co-workers and I were a great team and I socialized with many of them away from work. It was important to get the right equipment for the job but sometimes there were delays.

Overall this was a great company and I miss everyone I worked with. – less
No amenities on site
general laborer (Former Employee), Nipton, CAMarch 8, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: not appreciated
long hours and mang. did not appreciate what some employees try to do to save company money
Exellent place to work
Structural design engineer (Former Employee), Norwalk/ San Francisco.March 5, 2014
Pros: a lot new things to learn. very interesting work.
Cons: no cons.
Prepared structural calculations and design for various elements in Nuclear power plants.
Learned a lot. Classes/training available at work. Good training programs.
Very good coworkers.
Easy to work.
Enjoyable workplace.
A highly respected international construction company
Sup't, Ld Sup't, Sys Comp.Mgr, Task Mgr, Fac. Mgr (Current Employee), Various locationsMarch 4, 2014
Bechtel provided a strong, solid working environment. The benefit package is one of the best in the industry.
Typical Work Day At Bechtel
QUALITY CONTROL CIVIL ENGINEER (Current Employee), Frederick, MDMarch 3, 2014
A typical day commences with a plan of the day (POD) orchestrated by management. Almost daily, constant on the job training diminishes complacency. Everyday tends to be a learning experience whether negative or positive from the prior workday/ shift. The beauty of my current co-workers is a total understanding that every individual matters and is a – more... valuable asset with regard to each respected job. The most difficult part of the job, can be the countless number of work hours invested when duty calls. More than often it separates families from their loved ones, but within Bechtel a safety-first attitude is re-enforced daily to ensure each and every employee has a safe return home. Most enjoyable part of the job safety, income, team work, producing quality work. – less
Good people to work with
Blaster / Painter (Current Employee), Gladstone, QLDMarch 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long way from home
Safety first , Quality, Production. There is a verity of painting jobs on this site.
if you wish to get paid for very little output...
Electrician (Current Employee), Curtis Island, MEFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: good crew
Cons: 4:1 roster
Productivity is very poor.
Material availability is sometimes non existent
Work crew of varied ages all assimilate well.
Oil & Gas, Chemical and Petrochemical
" Commissioning and Start-up Operator" (Former Employee), Angola AfricaFebruary 22, 2014
Bechtel International is American based company working in Angola a new LNG plant preparing for Angola. Africa,
Following good safety rules management also very good, working environment and excellent management
A great company for me to transition from the Military.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Nipton, CAFebruary 22, 2014
The people I met and worked for were very helpful and supportive, I learned a lot and was very grateful for the opportunity to work for Bechtel.
Excellent workplace, Balanced and competitive compensation
SENIOR PIPE STRESS ENGINEER (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2014
Bechtel was an outstanding work environment with a matching compensation package that enhances productivity and job satisfaction.
i enjoy field work
LEAD SUPERVISOER (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
no typical day learn a lot management are good co workers are very good nothing working in the field every day meet new customer i enjoy.
Great place to work and learn.
Piping Designer (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: the parking
I start the day with excitement, this excitement comes from knowing I am about to learn something new.

I have learned that the harder you try, the easier life becomes.

Management, for the most part, seems to be fair and respectful to others.

My co-workers are some of the greatest I have ever been involved with.

The hardest part of my job is not – more... being able to be a part of every aspect of the company.

The most enjoyable part are the learning experiences, and the people. – less
Great job
Survey Crew Chief (Current Employee), Richmond, KYFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: 10 hour days
Cons: 70 hour weeks
great work and coworkers. Family friendly atmosphere. Management sucks. Scared to make decisions
Excellent company if you enjoy relocation
Contract Specialist III - AT&T LTE Mobility (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, potentially exciting projects
Cons: may be relocated with little notice
Great co-workers from across America, excellent learning opportunity for large construction projects.
Compliance
Site Acquisition Specialist - Compliance (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: no timeclock to hit
Cons: overtime is expected; management is slow to change
Ever changing! Workes with Construction, Engineering and Site Acq Specialist to secure scope of work on a cell site. Research AT&T systems, such as Filenet, SiTerra, Guardian and Bechtel's systems of Infoworks and WebSR to ensure all documentation has been captured. Design Review Meetings with RF Engineer and clients to achieve growth on cell sites. – more... Enter locked down scope into AT&T's ANGELS system, monitor status changes. Update schedule.

Hardest part of job, management sets forecast dates without consulting those that do the job. Unrealistic schedules. – less
Very good pay and benefits
Security Coordination Center Specialist (Current Employee), Frederick, MDFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: no possibility of promotion in current position
Bechtel is a great place to work. The office is in a good location being close to Washington, DC. Growth within my current position is not possible, but the company offers jobs in other areas.
Great
Climbing Technician (Former Employee), Jessup, MarylandFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: great salary
Cons: zero personal time
Typical day included morning safety briefings before going out and performing repairs for communications towers. 3-4 man teams that include members with different skill sets to perform the job.

Difficult part of the job is the physical strain when climbing these high towers.

Most enjoyable part of the job was getting the repair job done so that cell – more... phone users could benefit from convenient communication worldwide. – less
lot many are there to learn, very nice management, family oriented company
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRJanuary 31, 2014
Very nice company in my career path.
Working procedures are very informative & knowledge boosting.
Working culture is very friendly.
productive and safe work place
Laborer (Former Employee), Jensen Beach, FLJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
work was good every day
I learned how to mix concrete build scaffolds
productive, secure , saftey concious, ongoing training.
Industrial spray painter/blaster (Current Employee), Curtis Island, QLDJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: accomadation and food supplied, activities
Cons: two long away from home. 4 weeks on 1 week off.
Blasting and spray painting of gas pipes. I have learnt how the mining industry works, mainly the running of a gas plant. Management is well involved with running their staff. I work well with all my co-workers at all levels.
The hardest part of my current job is the roster which is 4 to 1. being away from my family. I would like to have a better roster.
I – more... love my job as it is secure work and a safe environment. I am always learning new things and my skills are respected. – less

About Bechtel

Bechtel (BEK tl) is the world's No. 1 choice for engineering, construction, and project management. Their diverse portfolio – Read more