Bechtel

Bechtel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good management and profesional workplace
Structural Field Engineer (Current Employee), Batam, KRApril 3, 2014
I usually inspect structural steel everyday
I lear to manage crew to achieve targets
My co-workers come from different country.
loved my journeymen
Millwright (Former Employee), Hanford, WAApril 3, 2014
Cons: k
best place to have worked, my journeymen were amazing! So much great things I will take with me on my road to success
Bechtel is a good company to work.
Electrical Designer/Drafter (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 2, 2014
Is a fun place to work.
Managers are understanding.
Employers are professional.
ENGINEERING, PROCUREMENT AND CONSTRUCTION
Control Systems Supervisor (Former Employee), HOUSTON, TEXASApril 1, 2014
I ENJOYED WORKING WITH MULTI DISCIPLENE ENGINEERS, DESIGNERS, DRAFTERS AND CONSTRUCTUIN STAFF. GOOD CONSULTING EXPERIENCE.
Enjoyed the Team work
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR/DOCUMENT CONTROLLER (Former Employee), DubaiMarch 31, 2014
Pros: fee lunch
Cons: 10
we have good team in Document Control, enjoyed my worked with them and management
Strive for quality and apply process and discipline towards optimising performance
RIGGING (Former Employee), Gladstone, QLDMarch 26, 2014
Pros: fifo
Cons: 60 hrs weekly
Good strategic appreciation and vision; able to build and implement sophisticated plans
Extremely reliable and dependable – analytical and questioning
I work for Bechtel for almost 2 years great Company, the grew are easy to work with.
Good Place to Work
Site Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee), Montvale, NJMarch 25, 2014
It is a very procedure-driven organization that does not emphasize teamwork and problem solving.
I embrace and excel in challenging work environments.
Senior Lead (Current Employee), Gladstone, QLDMarch 25, 2014
Bechtel need to understand that Australia is very much a job work/life balance culture; they need to consider this with regards to non-manuals salaries if they expect them to do 4:1 roster as manuals have this already considered/reflected in their hourly rates.
The non-manuals salary is based on the American program which considers job security/advancement – more... within the Bechtel American corporation/expat not Australia. – less
Productive and a great company with great ethics and job culture
Control Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Frederick, MDMarch 25, 2014
Pros: work ethics, free lunches, friendly environment
My day starts of with a coffee in the morning and used to work. For an intern, there was lot of work, but the people were very helpful. I learnt about the company and its job functions. Management was excellent. My supervisor was very nice and was extremely friendly. ad an awesome interns. Did have a lot of fun along with work which made it a fun and – more... exciting place to work for. – less
great place to work excellent camp facilities
Special Class Welder Carbon/Stainless Steel (Current Employee), Curtis Island, QLDMarch 24, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: time away from the family
Great place I have worked with plenty of great people.
I have been taught new ways of welding by working with more older and more experienced tradesmen this making me a much better tradesmen myself now I am competent in all areas of welding.
I haven't had any problems with management in the 11 months I have been employed by Bechtel they all seem to – more... be great at what they do thus making work life much easier and things run more smoothly.
hardest part of the job would have to be the 4/1 roster ide much prefer 3/1 its just that last week that really takes its tole on me.
most enjoyable part since I have been with Bechtel is all the new people all really genuine bloke just looking to make some good cash to better themselves and there families for the future. – less
it had its good but more bad
Plant Operator (Former Employee), Gladstone, QLDMarch 24, 2014
Pros: the money
Cons: management, supervision, long hours
Working at GLNG with Bechtel was not the best job in the world, I learned that if your not one of the crowd you get treated like dirt. The management was the reason behind this. the co-workers was the best part of the job and the most enjoyable was the boat trip home.
Great atmosphire and people
DCC Manager (Current Employee), Buena Park, CAMarch 21, 2014
Task include: utilizes both client and Bechtel’s electronic document management system (InfoWorks and Siterra) to register, control, distribute, transmit, file and archive project records. Supports the implementation of records retention and turnover packages. Communication with other project team members, client and field coordinators, to ensure quality, – more... schedule and budgets, process a high volume of subcontractors and or Bechtel documentations. – less
Very hard rewarding work
Program Manager (Current Employee), Libreville, GabonMarch 21, 2014
You sacrifice your family and your work life balance for the company.
heavy work loads as construction has deadlines
Piping Supervisor (Former Employee), Gladstone, QLDMarch 19, 2014
Pros: large company potential to climb up the ladder
Cons: long hours on flat rate
Whilst being loacal and not required to work Sat. As a supervisor you dont get RDOs and are required to work sat at flat rate. While salary is exceptional on a mon to fri. once you work a sat the tradesman and Laborers are considerably better paid. I did learn more about injury prevention procedures such as the day pre starts. Slow process in receiving – more... required materials, as not sourced locally. everything goes through USA so an item needed tomorrow can take up to 3 months. Feeling I would increase my knowledge and hope to stay and travel with to company. Well aware of the the work load but also the opportunities – less
Great Money, Bad Roster and terrible work ethic
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee), Curtis Island, QLDMarch 15, 2014
Pros: good money, high level of safety
Cons: bad work ethic, no possiblity of further education of training, living away from home
Working a 4 week on and 1 week off roster is to long to be away from love ones and friends. Sure I'm making more money than I ever have in my life but I'm working way less and learning even less.

Growing up on a dairy farm i was taught to work hard and get the job done to the best of my ability and to do it in the most efficient way. Its the total – more... opposite here in mining construction. Everyone is more worried about getting out of work rather than just doing it and making the day go faster.

My co-workers are all great people but they are stuck in the mining construction work ethic of not wanting to work.

The hardest part of my job is getting the right tools for the task and also getting people motivated to get started.

The most enjoyable part of my job is my week off where i actually get my life back for a whole 7 days. – less
Worked as part of the Procurement Department for an engineering company. The company completed manufacturing and engineering work for the Navy’s nuc
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAMarch 12, 2014
 Responsible for managing 10 contracts ranging from $100k to $500k.
 Managed the procurement process including proposals, bids, and negotiations. Negotiated bid proposals and recommended bidders to company management
 Acted as a liaison between outside vendors and internal engineers. Met with engineering department to discuss purchasing contracts – more... and monitor engineering deadlines.
 Performed price and cost analysis for purchase orders exceeding $100,000.
 Systems experience with Oracle, which was the software used to maintain company information.
 Granted government clearance in order to be able to work the U.S. Navy. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Electrical Supervisor / I & E Technician (Former Employee), Rockdale, TXMarch 10, 2014
Managed and delegated work assignments among foreman's and crew.
There was always good communication among co-workers, engineers and upper managements to assist in job completions.
I found there was no hard part of the job, we were able to get whatever needed to complete job task.
Great Company
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 9, 2014
Pros: anytime i needed time off it was given without hesitation.
Cons: my direct supervisor always wanted to help but sometimes left more of a mess than assistance.
When I was laid off from AT&T as Bechtel's dedicated Technician, Bechtel created a position for me and I became their Telecommunications Technician.

A typical day at work consisted of me completing open service tickets and repair tickets. One of the most important aspects of this job was how to get a job completed as quickly as possible but to make – more... sure that each job was done with expert attention. The management staff was excellent to work for and made sure that I was constantly trained for any and all equipment that Bechtel upgraded to.

My co-workers and I were a great team and I socialized with many of them away from work. It was important to get the right equipment for the job but sometimes there were delays.

Overall this was a great company and I miss everyone I worked with. – less
No amenities on site
general laborer (Former Employee), Nipton, CAMarch 8, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: not appreciated
long hours and mang. did not appreciate what some employees try to do to save company money
Exellent place to work
Structural design engineer (Former Employee), Norwalk/ San Francisco.March 5, 2014
Pros: a lot new things to learn. very interesting work.
Cons: no cons.
Prepared structural calculations and design for various elements in Nuclear power plants.
Learned a lot. Classes/training available at work. Good training programs.
Very good coworkers.
Easy to work.
Enjoyable workplace.

About Bechtel

Bechtel (BEK tl) is the world's No. 1 choice for engineering, construction, and project management. Their diverse portfolio – Read more