Bechtel

Bechtel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Decent company to work for
General Foreman /Foreman (Current Employee), Spring City, TNDecember 16, 2013
Decent company, unfortunately just another number to them. However, I did enjoy my time with them, and made some good money to support my family. I would work for them again.
Desk job
Document Controller (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 14, 2013
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: no 401k paid holidays (contract position)
Cubicle oriented job. Learned a lot about management styles and job cultures.
58 Hour weeks,, with some overtime
Made Leading Hand (Current Employee), Darwin N.T. Aus l Gladstone Qld.Aus (current)December 13, 2013
Pros: comfortable life style
Cons: goal posts keeping changing
Good company to work, training opportunities, good working crew at workface
Great company
Lead Senior Cost Estimator (Former Employee), Spring City, TNDecember 10, 2013
Pros: great benefits and pto
Great insurance

Professional

Career Path

Good team work

The benefits are great you can build up your vacation time . You expected to be with your family during the holidays.
Excellent Corporation very family oriented
Executive Admin. Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, ALDecember 5, 2013
Pros: good environment and team spirit
Cons: short term assignment (seven years)
Bechtel is a World Wide Corporation with thousands of employees but it is a privately family owned business that has managed to keep a very family oriented atmosphere for it's employees. They care about their employees by providing excellent work environment, good pay with good benefits and compensation. They have also managed to truly capture the "TEAM – more... SPIRIT" concept in the work place. A lot of corporation that I have worked for talked team spirit but did not quite accomplish a true team spirit environment.

I went to Bechtel not know very much at all about them as a company or the type of work they did. I was made to fill that I could make a good contribution and this gave me an incentive to learn everything I could on the job and to truly grasp their work environment concepts. They are a company of good intigrity and promote a good work ethic and intigrity of their employees.

Typical work day at Bechtel was fast paced, productive but rewarding because of the environment and spirit of accomplishment that everyone made a difference and was a vital part of the project they were working on.

Most enjoyable part was getting to know people from all of the country and world with various backgrounds in a rare but professional setting. I have a great experience working for Bechtel for seven years and would most definately work for them again if the opportunity were available. – less
productive, awesome
PIPE WELDER GTAW/SMAW/FCAW (Current Employee), Manila, P00December 5, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Its a nice company.• Full welding of high pressure pipe lines form 1inch diameter to unlimited inch in diameter with unlimited thickness subject to 100% Radiographic Test (RT) using Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) and Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) process but joints 2G, 5G and 6G position.
• Full welding of Socket Joints subject to 100% RT in all – more... position using GTAW process.
• Full welding of pressurized fuel, water and air pipelines from ½ inch diameter to unlimited inch in diameter. The pipeline are attached in a new ship building assembly using GTAW/SMAW process subject to 100% RT. – less
Good Company
Project Controls Engineer II (Current Employee), Richland, WADecember 3, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: work through lunch, lofty expectations, and heavy workloads.
Good company.

Management has high expectations of workers. My co-workers were mostly disgruntled because of the heavy workload. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the expectations. The most enjoyable part is seeing major projects completed.
Team Player
Customs Protection Officer (CPO) (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 26, 2013
Pros: i
I am a fast learner on any position I need to perform. Also training new officers coming on to the new open positions.
Detailed and amazing career pathway
Field Engineer (Former Employee), London, ENGNovember 26, 2013
Pros: nothing was free for me apart from teas
Cons: identified none
It was an awesome experience. A typical day at work was always loaded with specific tasks or those carried over, lunch by 12 noon, site visit by 4pm and home bound by 5:30pm.
I learned so much during my time with the company, Instrumentation, data management and so much more skills were acquired.
Management was one of my major tasks on the project and – more... I was able to deliver accurate data and I did this on time.
I had a very good relationship with all my co-workers, we worked, had lunch did all our site visits and excursions together as a team.
The hardest part of the Job for me was the initial adaptation because coming from Uni it was a whole different experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily duties and tasks because that was the main aim of studying engineering and choosing to work with Bechtel. – less
Great company overall
Project Lead Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), Burlington, KSNovember 21, 2013
Definitely highly recommended, great company to work for!
Telephone System Programmer
Senior Software Analyst (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 21, 2013
A typical day at work was performing add, moves and changes for the company. I learn how to be a better team player. I supervised six people. The hardest part of this job was installing the telephones and going under tables. The most enjoyable was that everything was completed on time. The client was happy.
Latest job enjoyed the people i worked with
ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNNovember 18, 2013
Pros: worked 4/10 shift
Cons: engineering could not support craft
Start of shift went through work packages to see if all documents have been updated bought material for job to be installed .
Friendly team and fun place to work.
Resident Engineer (Current Employee), Jubail, Saudi ArabiaNovember 15, 2013
Pros: free lodging
Cons: three r & r and one home leave.
Bechtel Company has offered me the most challenging assignments in my career to lead a group of engineers, surveyors and technician in the nomad land on the east coast of Saudi Arabia. The most stimulating part of project planning is when the client believed upon the theory of establishing the largest, most sophisticated and advance city in Middle East – more... within approximately four years, it appeared to be unrealistic schedule, however, the race is on and we are rushing to have the most fun off of the ordeal and keep up with the construction schedule and planning. – less
Exciting place to work
Apprentice/Concrete Hand (Former Employee), Richland, WANovember 12, 2013
Worked 6/12s for the RF outage, liked the challenges of problem solving
Well paid Contrating Job - good camp facilities
Electrician (Current Employee), Curtis Island QLDNovember 10, 2013
Pros: good conditions in the camp
Cons: 4 in 1 roster
The work is steady - Terminating in the HA areas - field terminations - cable pulling - tray work.
The environment is not bad and interesting to see how things work when run from the USA
Nuclear Power Plant
Welder/journeymen (Former Employee), Spring City, TNNovember 7, 2013
Pros: pay was good, bathrooms a place too get food
Cons: management and engineers
Was a decent place to work the job site wasn't bad all very clean and nice. The management wasn't very good and neither were the engineers.
Productive experience gained
Sr. Mechanical Designer (Former Employee), San Francisco,Ca.November 7, 2013
Mostly Mining projects involvement. Various process in mining are used based on latest technology.

Keeps employees involved directly on the project from design to construction.
good project great blokes resonable wages
Steel Fixer - Team Leader (Former Employee), Gladstone, NNovember 5, 2013
prestart task organised organise team tool box place and tie reo organise delegate house keeping back to camp
There is a sytem in place that is a product of 100 years of Construction experience
Deputy Lead Survey Engineer (Current Employee), Gladstone, QLDOctober 31, 2013
Pros: free board and lodging
Cons: actaully wroking 11 hours a day or 12 hours including breaks
Everyday Processing of Survey Request to be set out onsite and checking them. Also working on site such Site Calibration or immedaite As built or Volumetric job.

Learned new culture of Australian how they condct the job here.

Management are mixed American, Asutralian and New Zealanders.

Co- workers are mixed races.

The hardest part is reaching deadlines – more... or milestones

I enjoyed working here as the job is really my line of work. – less
something new everyday
Civil Superintendent (Former Employee), Spring City, TNOctober 30, 2013
always a challenge something new in the nuclear world every day

About Bechtel

Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience – Read more