Bechtel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Company, Great Experience
Instrument and Controls Design Engineer (Current Employee), Spring City, TNOctober 7, 2014
Largest Engineering and Construction company in the world. Ability to obtain great amount of experience.
Very Productive
Pipefitter & Ironworker Helper (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free bus rides
My day was the same but had different tasks. I learned a lot from assembling and installing pipe systems and pipe support, to ensuring the ground is prepped and trenches dug out for the pipes. I aligned pipes and seals joints together with cement or glue. Management was stick making sure everything had to perfect. The work environment between co-workers – more... was constant communication all day. Being alert and persisting all day was the hardest part on extremely hot days. The learning that took place while was my most enjoyable part of the job. – less
fun
steel fixer (Former Employee), Curtis Island, QLDOctober 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: away from family for too long
tying in walls and buttresses
learned a system of landing pre-fab walls for LNG tank
management never helped us on site
I learned a lot of from my co-workers
waiting for steel to arrive
watching the roof of the LNG tank rise.
Bechtel is a great place to work. Supervision was great.
Checker of Isometrics (Former Employee), Houston, TexasSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: we were able to do our job with great supervision.
Cons: there are no cons.
Bechtel is a good place to work. This was my first time there. It seemed to be well organized for the task at hand. I like Bechtel and would go back there if given a chance.
Overall, good place to work. Project life is tough.
Declined to answer (Former Employee), USASeptember 29, 2014
There's no doubt that Bechtel is top in it's industry. Unless you work in the small, corporate part of the business, your job assignment revolves around a project. The office jobs can be pretty comfortable and the company supports a great work-life balance. However, the format of the company will likely require frequent moves or long-term assignments – more... overseas which can be a strain on health and family situations. – less
informative
Millwright Helper (Former Employee), Temple, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: nice co workers
Cons: a few
The company is fine.
HR person was rude and un helpful.
I do not want to review these companies. It is rarely the Company that bothers me. It is the management on site that has smooth talked their way into a position or has gotten the job because who they know rather than what they know.
Working at mine site, very demanding 12 hour days
Lead Civil/Structural Superintendent (Current Employee), Escondida, ChileSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: great place to save money, due to camp job
Cons: away from family
Very rewarding and highly demanding project with Bechtel.
We successfully installed over 15,000 metric tons of structural steel to date and had no accidents.
Fun at Work
Project Administrative Assistant (DCC) (Current Employee), gurgaonSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: management
Flexible Timing
Good Environment to work
Nice co worker
Managing the work with the query
N/a
Civil Foreman (Current Employee), New Strawn, KSSeptember 18, 2014
It was a pretty good company to work for i wish it would have lasted longer.
Great Place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), HoustonSeptember 17, 2014
Great place but lack security. But great company overall. Great people. The parking situation is poor but they are constructing a great parking garage for the building.
co workers
HR Administrator/Procurement Document Control (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: hours, people
Cons: assignment ended
Typical day was new and enjoying never a dull moment. I learned something new everyday.
Productive and
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), TaipeiSeptember 15, 2014
Great working environment with kind colleagues. Challenging work but efficiency way to establish working skills.
Challenging but Rewarding
Manager (Current Employee), AustraliaSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: see the world, world class projects, good pay
Cons: long hours, away from home, networking got you farther than working
Spent usually between 8-14 hours a day at my desk handling emails, calls, reports, and field needs. The projects were great to be a part of and very rewarding to be part of the team but there were alot of weak links which made the job much harder than it needed to be.
Productive and great company to work for
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), San Ramon, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: i worked mainly weekdays and had weekends off.
Cons: healthcare coverage.
I have had so much growth within this company and got to obtain much knowledge about AT&T from a stand point that is greater than just obtaining service from an antenna. I am looking to take my experience to the next level and join a company that will utilize me for my knowledge.
Bechtel
IT Analyst - Corporate Global Operations (Current Employee), Reston, VASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: innovative
Cons: slow to implement new types of virtual working
The types of projects this company takes on are exciting, and the engineering cutting edge, and opportunities varied.

I have functioned as an network installer for a major telecom project, designed, developed and managed a wireless device enterprise platform for handsets to serve over 8000 employees, and I have performed program management activities – more... to implement cost savings and documentation.

I have learned to keep learning, always be a student, and a good team player.

The most difficult part of the job is relocation instead of telecommuting is preferred by the company, and moving to another country for years at a time is not always possible.

There are many great people in this company. – less
Good company for apprenticeship
Electrical Lead (Current Employee), Benicia, CASeptember 7, 2014
I came into this company as an electrical apprentice and was helped tremendously by the owner and coworkers .Everybody assisted in teaching me electrical theorys and work technics
Great place to work. Fun group of employees.
Admin (Current Employee), Benicia, CASeptember 5, 2014
the most enjoyable part of my job was being the support system for the Management team and the Craft. They always let me know how I was appreciated.
I was a Contractor with Bechtel, no benifits. I was treated with respect, and I enjoyed working with many cultures and talented individuals.
Project NACE Level 3 QC Inspector (Former Employee), El Dorado Ar and Cushing Ok.September 4, 2014
Pros: all good
I worked with several dedicated Managers and fellow Inspectors.
Safety, Quality and Client's perspective taught me on a broader horizon.
I have not seen these attributes since I left Cushing, Ok.
I was challenged and I accepted every bit of it.
I felt I had my finger on the pulse and I looked forward to completing my tasks.
Bechtel
IS&T Project Support (Procurement Function) (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2014
IS&T Project Support (Procurement Function)

• Support BSQE Employees and equipment-
laptops, phones, cameras and printers.
• Update BSQE Windows images based on corporate base releases.
• Provide Remote support to Area Expediters
and Supplier Quality Reps.
• Implement Bit Locker on all machines.
• Asset Management- Equipment Inventory
• Update and – more... maintain the BSQE SharePoint Site.
• Resolve IPhone/IPAD/Cisco IP problems.
• Coordinate MS Lync Meetings.
• Resolve Remote issues via Remote Lync Session. MS SharePoint Management.
• Manage user accounts in Active Directory. – less
a nice place to work with experienced people
Event Technical Staff (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 4, 2014
Event Technical Staff, Bechtel Corporation-AASMiRT 06/01/13 – 08/25/13
American Association for Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology Conference, San Francisco, CA
Focus of study during conference: To learn related aspects of civil, structural, geotechnical and mechanical design and operation of nuclear power plants for peaceful generation and – more... use of nuclear energy.
• Provided conference support including technical sessions, registration of attendees, preparation of conference materials, exhibition area, operation of computers and projectors, social events, and technical tours. – less

About Bechtel

Bechtel (BEK tl) is the world's No. 1 choice for engineering, construction, and project management. Their diverse portfolio – Read more