Bechtel

Bechtel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very fast paced fun environment
Site Acquisition Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: staff is very helpful in getting the job done
Fast paced energetic fun filled place to work. A very highly desirable place to work
Friendly
IS Analyst (Former Employee), HoustonJanuary 3, 2015
Friendly managers, people, staff. Great overall place to settle down in your career but not advisable to start a career here.
I really enjoyed working for this company.
Designer II (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: being available for field assignments on short notice.
Start the day by running test for spec using SPRD software. Team meeting at 1:pm Run verification reports on specs. Solve problems and implement fixes then rerun test for SP3D functionality.
Everyday is a learning experience with Bechtel University required reading and training courses. Management works like a well oiled machine. I never had any problems and was always informed. My co-workers were always professional and courteous. They always had a questioning attitude which is required in this business. The hardest part of this job was communicating with our overseas colleagues in different time zone.The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting deadlines.
This was a great company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Ramon, CADecember 31, 2014
Provided documentation for the project as required by the Air Force. Ensured that all documentation required was provided in a timely manner and at the highest quality.
great company to work for
Crane Operator (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TXDecember 27, 2014
Pros: great healthcare!
Great management, good workers that adhere to safety standards and communicate well. There are many opportunities for advancement. Long projects ensure job security.
Bechtel is great engineering & construction company (EPC & EPCM)
Area Lead Field Engineer (Former Employee), PhilippinesDecember 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
As Area Field Engineer I work closely with the Area Construction Manager and Superintendent providing engineering and technical assistance in all disciplines to my assigned area within a module yard (Piping, Structural, Civil, Electrical and instrumentation). Responsible for the day to day activities of the Field Engineers in my assigned area. Attending various meetings including but not limited to safety, plan of the day, schedule, quality, materials and work progress. Responsible for knowing the schedule, installation sequence, material status and quality of an assigned area. Provides technical and administrative direction to subordinate construction field engineers and others, as assigned. Responsible in reporting daily quantities of work produced, Inspections, RFI’s, NCR’s, FCD’s, FCR’s, FMR’s and provide solution to the field problems. Daily communications with engineering, construction, materials, fabrications, managements, and procurements for delivery of materials to site.
Production Workplace - Great team of people
Records Technician (Current Employee), San Ramon, CADecember 18, 2014
Great team of people who work well together.
Working in telecommunications was a great experience for me and exposed me to a number of different roles and responsibilities
Fun working environment, shared responsibilities
Purchasing Specialist III (Current Employee), WA and QLDDecember 17, 2014
Pros: job protection
Cons: growth
Excellent work environment, responsibilities shared equally, processes are good, most enjoyable part is opportunity to manage complex problems with supevision.
Lead Turnover Coordinator / Field Engineer (Current Employee), Columbia, MDDecember 9, 2014
Working at Bechtel has been a great experience. Bechtel places high values on quality and ethics. In this market, Bechtel is the go to vender for our client because we strive to exceed our client’s exceptions by performing under cost forecast and ahead of schedule while providing a quality product. I’ve enjoyed being a part of this high performing team and this company. Bechtel offers an excellent benefits package corporately and locally in the market there are extra perks; such as, quarterly team building events, free lunches, and volunteer opportunities.
Excellent Company for Growth and Knowledge
Site Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee), Buena Park, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: growth opportunities
Cons: lack of work in current market
I have worked for Bechtel for 15 years. During that time the Company has given me opportunities to grow and work in other Markets and countries. I continue to grow within my current market and work with a great group of people who make my job an interesting, fun place to work.
Great office and co-workers
Contract Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Frederick, MDNovember 25, 2014
Pros: close to home
Supervision is supportive. As a contract designer I don't know about any of the company benefits.
Good database
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee), Brisbane, QLDNovember 22, 2014
• Senior Mechanical Engineer for FEED and detailed design stages of Caval Ridge and Daunia projects
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee), San Ramon, CANovember 21, 2014
Typical day: run/review reports, contract documents, electronically load documents into repository. Monitor planning schedules for site projects. Issue checks to Site Acquisition group for building permits; leases, titles, zoning permits etc.

The teams work well together and cross over as needed to complete jobs.
more things get done by accident
Millwright Journeyman (Former Employee), Cameron, LANovember 21, 2014
Walk over half mile in and out, in rain and wind it sucks. Most supervision is a poor joke, no experience building with cooridination between crafts. Most workers cooridinated between selves.
Work Life balance
Database Administrator (Former Employee), Richland, WANovember 20, 2014
Work Life balance was great and the people were fun to work with.
Global Team Leadership/ Environment
Project ES&H Training Lead (Former Employee), PeruNovember 19, 2014
Bechtel’s award winning global vision, core values, sustainability, communications, including project site and corporate management fostered great overall team spirit and benchmark success
A good place to work as long as the jobs are being awarded
Document Control Tech (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 19, 2014
Pros: good compensation for some
Cons: lack of advancement unless you are related to a higher-up
- Flex hours
- 9/80 (every other Friday off)
- Retirement contributions
- Values/Covenants

Only way to move up in Bechtel is working projects which means moving approximately every 2 to 3 years. Dealing with office politics at times can be overwhelming. At times significant mandatory overtime to get the job done. Not a good work life balance.
project manager
Consultant Senior Project Manager International (Former Employee), United USNovember 17, 2014
I have over 25 years of experience as a Senior Project Manager, Project Manager, and Project Controls Manager and expert advisor/witness and risk manager. I work for the Stake Holders best interests. My geographic diversities include North America, Caribbean, Central Asia, and Eastern Europe and South America.
One of the best place to work.
Team Lead (Current Employee), Gurgaon.November 15, 2014
It is a very good office with pin drop silence. No disturbance. Do your work and leave office at right time.
Productive place to work.
Contract Formation Specialist (Current Employee), London, ENGNovember 13, 2014
An extremely hard working organisation and it is a pleasure to be a part of some of the multibillion pound projects. Great organisation to build skills whilst working on mega projects.

About Bechtel

Bechtel (BEK tl) is the world's No. 1 choice for engineering, construction, and project management. Their diverse portfolio – Read more