Bechtel

Bechtel Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great group of people to work with; Great Company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 22, 2014
Pros: flex time
Cons: long hours
Never a dull moment. Fast-paced, varied and rewarding work. Interaction with colleagues worldwide. Learned about the mining and construction industry from a contract and procurement positions.
Well educated, Experienced Cost Engineer with Competence, Passion & Confidence
Estimator & Cost Engineer (Current Employee), Kitimat, BCAugust 1, 2014
Pros: activities, benifits
Cons: long hours
- Budget Change Management, Cost Control; Invoices Review and Approval; Cash Flow; Monthly EAC report for Mutiple Contracts.
- Multi tasks; Incorporate with Co-workers & Other Departments.
- Lessons learned from mistakes.
-Learn new skills, methods everyday.
-Plenty of trainings, courses and workshops.
-Advantages of accessing Job site, getting first – more... hand data from work front. – less
The worst HR staff I have ever had to deal with
Anonymous (Current Employee), Kitimat, BCJune 26, 2014
Pros: some good people within the company
Cons: liars and treat staff very poorly especially if you ever quit
Bechtel's HR staff are the worst HR staff I have ever dealt with. They lied to me about my salary. They told me I would get overtime and told me what amount I would make before I got to site. Then when I started working for them I found out they were just paying me straight time. They refused to do anything about it. They did that to a number of my – more... colleagues who were Canadian.

When I finally quit they made my life as hard as they could make it. When I did nothing wrong. I told them I would give them as much noticed as the wanted. They provided me with housing initially and literally gave me one day to get out of it the day I quit. Obviously thats illegal in BC. But they threatened me saying they would get their lawyers after me and that I had to leave now! I have also heard they will try to get money back for their fly in and fly out jobs.

They have you sign about 20 contracts before you start so that if you quit they can retrieve money from you.

The salary is above what you would make in town typically about 20% above. But way lower than good companies would pay you to work out of town.

My experience with this company was that it was poorly run. Some of the contractors told me it was the worst company they have ever had to deal with. This company will try to nickel and dime you every way possible. I gave it my all with this company and in the end they treated me like piece of garbage. Think twice before working or dealing with this company – less
Productive Place
SENIOR PIPING DESIGNER (Current Employee), Calgary-EdmontonApril 19, 2014
It was very Productive and managed place I have ever worked.
Good standard and high expectation
Senior Civil Structural Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 27, 2013
Pros: good leadership and colleagues
Cons: contract job...
Learned a lot about heave uplift, set up a standard for the CSA team to have a unified design basis.
There are a lot of hided opprtunities
Engineering Technologist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: every second fiday is off
The arrangment of 96/7 is wonderful (every second Friday is off).
The officies are located in downtown, close to the public transportation.
Your co-workers are helpful.
A very proffesional Engineering Company
Business Intelligence Consultant (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: good growth opportunites
Cons: remote travelling required
Great learning experience and training.Freindly atmosphere and good opportunities for taking more responsibillity.
Bechtel takes care of its employees
Field Project Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXDecember 18, 2012
Pros: 9/80 schedule
Company with good training and development program. Good Opportunities for advancement and placement on other project for vast exposure.
Great Place to work
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 9, 2012
Pros: lunch, flexable hours, respect
Cons: most jobs are project based
Bechtel is one of the best companies to work at. Work load sometimes can be really huge, but overall you are compromised for every effort you put
Disappointing
Lead Civil Designer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 29, 2012
i was expecting more from an organization that is as large as they are
Great Company to Work
Engineering Group Supervisor (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 27, 2012
Cons: non-diversified pool of projects in some smaller offices of company.
This is a great company to work. The work environment is dynamic and chanllenging. Encourages and invests on professional development of employees.
Lead Turnover Coordinator / Field Engineer (Current Employee), Columbia, MDDecember 9, 2014
Working at Bechtel has been a great experience. Bechtel places high values on quality and ethics. In this market, Bechtel is the go to vender for our client because we strive to exceed our client’s exceptions by performing under cost forecast and ahead of schedule while providing a quality product. I’ve enjoyed being a part of this high performing team – more... and this company. Bechtel offers an excellent benefits package corporately and locally in the market there are extra perks; such as, quarterly team building events, free lunches, and volunteer opportunities. – less
Excellent Company for Growth and Knowledge
Site Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee), Buena Park, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: growth opportunities
Cons: lack of work in current market
I have worked for Bechtel for 15 years. During that time the Company has given me opportunities to grow and work in other Markets and countries. I continue to grow within my current market and work with a great group of people who make my job an interesting, fun place to work.
Great office and co-workers
Contract Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Frederick, MDNovember 25, 2014
Pros: close to home
Supervision is supportive. As a contract designer I don't know about any of the company benefits.
Good database
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee), Brisbane, QLDNovember 22, 2014
• Senior Mechanical Engineer for FEED and detailed design stages of Caval Ridge and Daunia projects
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee), San Ramon, CANovember 21, 2014
Typical day: run/review reports, contract documents, electronically load documents into repository. Monitor planning schedules for site projects. Issue checks to Site Acquisition group for building permits; leases, titles, zoning permits etc.

The teams work well together and cross over as needed to complete jobs.
more things get done by accident
Millwright Journeyman (Former Employee), Cameron, LANovember 21, 2014
Walk over half mile in and out, in rain and wind it sucks. Most supervision is a poor joke, no experience building with cooridination between crafts. Most workers cooridinated between selves.
Work Life balance
Database Administrator (Former Employee), Richland, WANovember 20, 2014
Work Life balance was great and the people were fun to work with.
Global Team Leadership/ Environment
Project ES&H Training Lead (Former Employee), PeruNovember 19, 2014
Bechtel’s award winning global vision, core values, sustainability, communications, including project site and corporate management fostered great overall team spirit and benchmark success
A good place to work as long as the jobs are being awarded
Document Control Tech (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 19, 2014
Pros: good compensation for some
Cons: lack of advancement unless you are related to a higher-up
- Flex hours
- 9/80 (every other Friday off)
- Retirement contributions
- Values/Covenants

Only way to move up in Bechtel is working projects which means moving approximately every 2 to 3 years. Dealing with office politics at times can be overwhelming. At times significant mandatory overtime to get the job done. Not a good work life balance.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bechtel

Bechtel (BEK tl) is the world's No. 1 choice for engineering, construction, and project management. Their diverse portfolio – Read more