Bechtel

Bechtel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Well educated, Experienced Cost Engineer with Competence, Passion & Confidence
Estimator & Cost Engineer (Current Employee), Kitimat, BCAugust 1, 2014
Pros: activities, benifits
Cons: long hours
- Budget Change Management, Cost Control; Invoices Review and Approval; Cash Flow; Monthly EAC report for Mutiple Contracts.
- Multi tasks; Incorporate with Co-workers & Other Departments.
- Lessons learned from mistakes.
-Learn new skills, methods everyday.
-Plenty of trainings, courses and workshops.
-Advantages of accessing Job site, getting first – more... hand data from work front. – less
The worst HR staff I have ever had to deal with
Anonymous (Current Employee), Kitimat, BCJune 26, 2014
Pros: some good people within the company
Cons: liars and treat staff very poorly especially if you ever quit
Bechtel's HR staff are the worst HR staff I have ever dealt with. They lied to me about my salary. They told me I would get overtime and told me what amount I would make before I got to site. Then when I started working for them I found out they were just paying me straight time. They refused to do anything about it. They did that to a number of my – more... colleagues who were Canadian.

When I finally quit they made my life as hard as they could make it. When I did nothing wrong. I told them I would give them as much noticed as the wanted. They provided me with housing initially and literally gave me one day to get out of it the day I quit. Obviously thats illegal in BC. But they threatened me saying they would get their lawyers after me and that I had to leave now! I have also heard they will try to get money back for their fly in and fly out jobs.

They have you sign about 20 contracts before you start so that if you quit they can retrieve money from you.

The salary is above what you would make in town typically about 20% above. But way lower than good companies would pay you to work out of town.

My experience with this company was that it was poorly run. Some of the contractors told me it was the worst company they have ever had to deal with. This company will try to nickel and dime you every way possible. I gave it my all with this company and in the end they treated me like piece of garbage. Think twice before working or dealing with this company – less
Productive Place
SENIOR PIPING DESIGNER (Current Employee), Calgary-EdmontonApril 19, 2014
It was very Productive and managed place I have ever worked.
Good standard and high expectation
Senior Civil Structural Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 27, 2013
Pros: good leadership and colleagues
Cons: contract job...
Learned a lot about heave uplift, set up a standard for the CSA team to have a unified design basis.
There are a lot of hided opprtunities
Engineering Technologist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: every second fiday is off
The arrangment of 96/7 is wonderful (every second Friday is off).
The officies are located in downtown, close to the public transportation.
Your co-workers are helpful.
A very proffesional Engineering Company
Business Intelligence Consultant (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: good growth opportunites
Cons: remote travelling required
Great learning experience and training.Freindly atmosphere and good opportunities for taking more responsibillity.
Bechtel takes care of its employees
Field Project Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXDecember 18, 2012
Pros: 9/80 schedule
Company with good training and development program. Good Opportunities for advancement and placement on other project for vast exposure.
Great Place to work
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 9, 2012
Pros: lunch, flexable hours, respect
Cons: most jobs are project based
Bechtel is one of the best companies to work at. Work load sometimes can be really huge, but overall you are compromised for every effort you put
Disappointing
Lead Civil Designer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 29, 2012
i was expecting more from an organization that is as large as they are
Great Company to Work
Engineering Group Supervisor (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 27, 2012
Cons: non-diversified pool of projects in some smaller offices of company.
This is a great company to work. The work environment is dynamic and chanllenging. Encourages and invests on professional development of employees.
Overall, good place to work. Project life is tough.
Declined to answer (Former Employee), USASeptember 29, 2014
There's no doubt that Bechtel is top in it's industry. Unless you work in the small, corporate part of the business, your job assignment revolves around a project. The office jobs can be pretty comfortable and the company supports a great work-life balance. However, the format of the company will likely require frequent moves or long-term assignments – more... overseas which can be a strain on health and family situations. – less
informative
Millwright Helper (Former Employee), Temple, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: nice co workers
Cons: a few
The company is fine.
HR person was rude and un helpful.
I do not want to review these companies. It is rarely the Company that bothers me. It is the management on site that has smooth talked their way into a position or has gotten the job because who they know rather than what they know.
Working at mine site, very demanding 12 hour days
Lead Civil/Structural Superintendent (Current Employee), Escondida, ChileSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: great place to save money, due to camp job
Cons: away from family
Very rewarding and highly demanding project with Bechtel.
We successfully installed over 15,000 metric tons of structural steel to date and had no accidents.
Fun at Work
Project Administrative Assistant (DCC) (Current Employee), gurgaonSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: management
Flexible Timing
Good Environment to work
Nice co worker
Managing the work with the query
N/a
Civil Foreman (Current Employee), New Strawn, KSSeptember 18, 2014
It was a pretty good company to work for i wish it would have lasted longer.
Great Place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), HoustonSeptember 17, 2014
Great place but lack security. But great company overall. Great people. The parking situation is poor but they are constructing a great parking garage for the building.
co workers
HR Administrator/Procurement Document Control (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: hours, people
Cons: assignment ended
Typical day was new and enjoying never a dull moment. I learned something new everyday.
Productive and
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), TaipeiSeptember 15, 2014
Great working environment with kind colleagues. Challenging work but efficiency way to establish working skills.
Challenging but Rewarding
Manager (Current Employee), AustraliaSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: see the world, world class projects, good pay
Cons: long hours, away from home, networking got you farther than working
Spent usually between 8-14 hours a day at my desk handling emails, calls, reports, and field needs. The projects were great to be a part of and very rewarding to be part of the team but there were alot of weak links which made the job much harder than it needed to be.
Productive and great company to work for
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), San Ramon, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: i worked mainly weekdays and had weekends off.
Cons: healthcare coverage.
I have had so much growth within this company and got to obtain much knowledge about AT&T from a stand point that is greater than just obtaining service from an antenna. I am looking to take my experience to the next level and join a company that will utilize me for my knowledge.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bechtel

Bechtel (BEK tl) is the world's No. 1 choice for engineering, construction, and project management. Their diverse portfolio – Read more