Bechtel

Bechtel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The worst HR staff I have ever had to deal with
Anonymous (Current Employee), Kitimat, BCJune 26, 2014
Pros: some good people within the company
Cons: liars and treat staff very poorly especially if you ever quit
Bechtel's HR staff are the worst HR staff I have ever dealt with. They lied to me about my salary. They told me I would get overtime and told me what amount I would make before I got to site. Then when I started working for them I found out they were just paying me straight time. They refused to do anything about it. They did that to a number of my – more... colleagues who were Canadian.

When I finally quit they made my life as hard as they could make it. When I did nothing wrong. I told them I would give them as much noticed as the wanted. They provided me with housing initially and literally gave me one day to get out of it the day I quit. Obviously thats illegal in BC. But they threatened me saying they would get their lawyers after me and that I had to leave now! I have also heard they will try to get money back for their fly in and fly out jobs.

They have you sign about 20 contracts before you start so that if you quit they can retrieve money from you.

The salary is above what you would make in town typically about 20% above. But way lower than good companies would pay you to work out of town.

My experience with this company was that it was poorly run. Some of the contractors told me it was the worst company they have ever had to deal with. This company will try to nickel and dime you every way possible. I gave it my all with this company and in the end they treated me like piece of garbage. Think twice before working or dealing with this company – less
Productive Place
SENIOR PIPING DESIGNER (Current Employee), Calgary-EdmontonApril 19, 2014
It was very Productive and managed place I have ever worked.
i enjoy field work
LEAD SUPERVISOER (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
no typical day learn a lot management are good co workers are very good nothing working in the field every day meet new customer i enjoy.
Fast paced construction.
Project Quality Assurance/Risk Manager (Former Employee), Saudi ArabiaJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: good managers
Basically turn-key QA function. Had to start with QA plan and then move into implementation.
complete in every aspect of the jobsite satisfied
Pipefitter (Former Employee), SOYO South AfricaDecember 7, 2013
Pros: free board and louging plus exptra amenities on the jobsite
Cons: plenty of overtime
I learned to work with other worker with respect to my partner.patients is also a virtue that I learn ,working without a complete material needed to finish the work also without the right tools to used the job.I also learned that safety is very important when performing my duty.
A Good Company
Site Trend Engineer (Former Employee), domestic or international positionOctober 14, 2013
Bechtel is a good company, If you like challenges and travel around the U.S or international countries. Bechtel looks for their employees to grow in knowledge for themselves and the company. The work place is fun at times but a lot of work to get done. A good company to grow with.
HARD WORK
Millwright Fitter (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZSeptember 24, 2013
JUST THE SAME IVE REPLIED, I LOVE BECHTEL. WE ARE ALL SAFE THERE.
There are a lot of hided opprtunities
Engineering Technologist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: every second fiday is off
The arrangment of 96/7 is wonderful (every second Friday is off).
The officies are located in downtown, close to the public transportation.
Your co-workers are helpful.
A very proffesional Engineering Company
Business Intelligence Consultant (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: good growth opportunites
Cons: remote travelling required
Great learning experience and training.Freindly atmosphere and good opportunities for taking more responsibillity.
Bechtel takes care of its employees
Field Project Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXDecember 18, 2012
Pros: 9/80 schedule
Company with good training and development program. Good Opportunities for advancement and placement on other project for vast exposure.
worth working at.
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee), sohar,omanDecember 1, 2012
Pros: all is free
Cons: working under the sun
all day work.fun and worth working at though sometimes exhausting due to construction work.
Great Place to work
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 9, 2012
Pros: lunch, flexable hours, respect
Cons: most jobs are project based
Bechtel is one of the best companies to work at. Work load sometimes can be really huge, but overall you are compromised for every effort you put
Disappointing
Lead Civil Designer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 29, 2012
i was expecting more from an organization that is as large as they are
Great Company to Work
Engineering Group Supervisor (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 27, 2012
Cons: non-diversified pool of projects in some smaller offices of company.
This is a great company to work. The work environment is dynamic and chanllenging. Encourages and invests on professional development of employees.
Lots of opportunity for those who can travel
Deskside support tech (Former Employee), phoenix, azJuly 29, 2014
Pros: happy employees, advancement if you are mobile, management willing to listen
Cons: must go to a large office or project to advance your career
I really loved the corporate culture offered at Bechtel. At first we were one big happy family, then some corporate politics changed, and we became more silo'd. However people are people, and at this company they are GREAT.
Premiere EPC company in the world
Field Coordinator (Current Employee), CaliforniaJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great compensation package, prestigious company
Cons: traveling, instability, long hours
I feel very proud to say I work for Bechtel. It's a prestigious company to work for. We work hard, but are treated well for it. The work environment is pretty tight due to sharing the struggles encountered in our everyday challenges. The hardest part about working for Bechtel is the moving around. As a project-based company, you are constantly working – more... your way out of a job. When that job is over, it's on to the next one somewhere else in the world. It can be exciting, but not particularly stable. The most enjoyable part of the job is the overall compensation and their attempt to make up for the inherant instability and the sacrifices made by the employees. – less
Good company
Structural Steel Superintendent ISBL Trains (Current Employee), QCLNG Curtis IslandJuly 28, 2014
Pros: suuport, encouragement
Cons: craft
Advising and directing my supervisors of schedules and priority works and milestones we need to meet

I have learnt a lot from my management team here, in all aspects of my role

My managers are great people, in and out of work

Getting the right people in your team

Reaching milestones, and being recognised for it
I did not like working at this location.
Purchasing Specialist II (Former Employee), Richland, WAJuly 28, 2014
This Bechtel location was not my favorite. I think that demographics played a large part in the work culture.
Working for the D.O.D. through Bechtal Construction was a great experience.
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21010July 25, 2014
Pros: good managment & great co-workers
Cons: it was only a tenp. job.
Chemical Weapons Grade disposal is nothing to be taken lightly, but I have to say that Bechtel Management did their best in keeping us save and well supplied doing our jobs, which went anywhere from pump repair to pipe fitting to hydraulic repairs.
Construction Training Manager (Former Employee), Spring City, TNJuly 21, 2014
Good place to work. Worked for Bechtel at TVA Watts Bar Nuclear Plant

1 2 3 4 5

About Bechtel

Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience – Read more