Bechtel

Bechtel Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The worst HR staff I have ever had to deal with
Anonymous (Current Employee), Kitimat, BCJune 26, 2014
Pros: some good people within the company
Cons: liars and treat staff very poorly especially if you ever quit
Bechtel's HR staff are the worst HR staff I have ever dealt with. They lied to me about my salary. They told me I would get overtime and told me what amount I would make before I got to site. Then when I started working for them I found out they were just paying me straight time. They refused to do anything about it. They did that to a number of my – more... colleagues who were Canadian.

When I finally quit they made my life as hard as they could make it. When I did nothing wrong. I told them I would give them as much noticed as the wanted. They provided me with housing initially and literally gave me one day to get out of it the day I quit. Obviously thats illegal in BC. But they threatened me saying they would get their lawyers after me and that I had to leave now! I have also heard they will try to get money back for their fly in and fly out jobs.

They have you sign about 20 contracts before you start so that if you quit they can retrieve money from you.

The salary is above what you would make in town typically about 20% above. But way lower than good companies would pay you to work out of town.

My experience with this company was that it was poorly run. Some of the contractors told me it was the worst company they have ever had to deal with. This company will try to nickel and dime you every way possible. I gave it my all with this company and in the end they treated me like piece of garbage. Think twice before working or dealing with this company – less
Productive Place
SENIOR PIPING DESIGNER (Current Employee), Calgary-EdmontonApril 19, 2014
It was very Productive and managed place I have ever worked.
i enjoy field work
LEAD SUPERVISOER (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
no typical day learn a lot management are good co workers are very good nothing working in the field every day meet new customer i enjoy.
Fast paced construction.
Project Quality Assurance/Risk Manager (Former Employee), Saudi ArabiaJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: good managers
Basically turn-key QA function. Had to start with QA plan and then move into implementation.
complete in every aspect of the jobsite satisfied
Pipefitter (Former Employee), SOYO South AfricaDecember 7, 2013
Pros: free board and louging plus exptra amenities on the jobsite
Cons: plenty of overtime
I learned to work with other worker with respect to my partner.patients is also a virtue that I learn ,working without a complete material needed to finish the work also without the right tools to used the job.I also learned that safety is very important when performing my duty.
A Good Company
Site Trend Engineer (Former Employee), domestic or international positionOctober 14, 2013
Bechtel is a good company, If you like challenges and travel around the U.S or international countries. Bechtel looks for their employees to grow in knowledge for themselves and the company. The work place is fun at times but a lot of work to get done. A good company to grow with.
HARD WORK
Millwright Fitter (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZSeptember 24, 2013
JUST THE SAME IVE REPLIED, I LOVE BECHTEL. WE ARE ALL SAFE THERE.
There are a lot of hided opprtunities
Engineering Technologist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: every second fiday is off
The arrangment of 96/7 is wonderful (every second Friday is off).
The officies are located in downtown, close to the public transportation.
Your co-workers are helpful.
A very proffesional Engineering Company
Business Intelligence Consultant (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: good growth opportunites
Cons: remote travelling required
Great learning experience and training.Freindly atmosphere and good opportunities for taking more responsibillity.
Bechtel takes care of its employees
Field Project Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXDecember 18, 2012
Pros: 9/80 schedule
Company with good training and development program. Good Opportunities for advancement and placement on other project for vast exposure.
worth working at.
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee), sohar,omanDecember 1, 2012
Pros: all is free
Cons: working under the sun
all day work.fun and worth working at though sometimes exhausting due to construction work.
Great Place to work
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 9, 2012
Pros: lunch, flexable hours, respect
Cons: most jobs are project based
Bechtel is one of the best companies to work at. Work load sometimes can be really huge, but overall you are compromised for every effort you put
Disappointing
Lead Civil Designer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 29, 2012
i was expecting more from an organization that is as large as they are
Great Company to Work
Engineering Group Supervisor (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 27, 2012
Cons: non-diversified pool of projects in some smaller offices of company.
This is a great company to work. The work environment is dynamic and chanllenging. Encourages and invests on professional development of employees.
Construction Training Manager (Former Employee), Spring City, TNJuly 21, 2014
Good place to work. Worked for Bechtel at TVA Watts Bar Nuclear Plant
Productively safe, comfortable workplace with sports amenities.
Office Engr, Filipino workforce Community Leader (Former Employee), Saudi Arabia, New Caledonia in the South PacificJuly 20, 2014
Pros: good housekeeping, excellent mess halls.
Cons: contract duration away from family.
Pleasant daily work schedule. / Learned actual project construction management (PCM). / Effective performance monitoring through weekly construction progress meetings. /Cordial multinational working relationship both in management and workforce levels. / Enjoyed all aspects of PCM.

Productively safe and comfortable job site complete with sports amenities, – more... i.e., lawn tennis, table tennis, swimming, basketball, and others. – less
Great starter company
Electrical/Civil Field Engineer (Former Employee), Spring City, TNJuly 17, 2014
this company has its issues just all others but have their stuff together.
Temp FEMA
Fema (Former Employee), Pascagoula, MSJuly 16, 2014
Work was not hard, sometimes locating the trailers was tricky , but knew going in it was only short term.
Good Company with lots of room to advance.
Pipefitter (Former Employee), Sabine Pass, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free schooling after work to advance in a trade of your choice
Met alot of good people to work with. We were off on all holidays with 50 to 60 hour work weeks.
Good Opportunities
Quality Manager / Lead Welding Engineer (Former Employee), VariousJuly 14, 2014
If you are willing to move frequently to new job opportunities there is plently of opportunity for advancement within the company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bechtel

Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience – Read more