The Kitimat Modernization Project for Rio Tinto’s Aluminum Smelter in Kitimat, British Columbia (BC), Canada. This is an operating plant that will add four potrooms with 384 pots and capacity increase for this aluminum smelter modernization.
The site is located 1300k north of Vancouver, BC, and Bechtel is undertaking the role of EPCM manager for the project.
General Job Description:
The position of Contract Administrator for the Kitimat Modernization Project will be based on site at Kitimat, British Columbia. The Contract Administrator will oversee several large and complex contracts. Responsibilities will include assessing the needs of the project, developing specifications for procurement and continually reviewing progress of each contract and providing management with information regarding any financial, legal or technical issues. The Contract Administrator will prepare change orders and amendments and negotiate with contractors.
Position duties and Responsibilities:
1. Implement the Division Responsibilities Matrix which records the Project’s agreed assignment of various contract management tasks and the Standard Work Process Procedures applicable to Contract Administration.
2. Administers assigned contracts maintaining a continual review of progress and providing management with information regarding projected financial or technical difficulties.
3. Coordinates with designated staff on operational activities affecting contractual rights and obligations, contract performance, contract administration and other major matters.
4. Administers complex contract changes by negotiating with customer personnel and obtaining settlement.
5. Represents Bechtel in contractual discussions of significant complexity.
6. Administers information programs to ensure mutual understanding of contract terms and conditions.
7. Prepares periodic status reports for management.
8. Define and negotiate contract terms and conditions.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years as a Contract Administrator or Contract Manager (or similar position)
- 1+ years experience negotiating contracts large scale construction and engineering projects
- Knowledge of procurement matters relating to large scale construction projects.
Positions Available: 1
Type: Full-Time, Permanent