BeavEx Employee Reviews

A good place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 8, 2015
Beavex was a good place to work, I oversee the whole operation in the charlotte location, with ten employee's and about 50 independent contractor drivers, I learned a lot about the politics of a big company. I loved working with the customers and keeping them satisfied with our services. I learned about TSA and OSHA and trained the employee, I did employee reviews, drivers settlement.
Pros
Quarterly Bonus
Cons
Health care benefits
It's lit, quite frankly.
warehouse (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Day to day is very fast paced and I love that because An 8 hour day feels like a 4 hour day! My supervisor was very welcoming as well as the rest of the staff, it's a relaxed work environment, but you have to be doing something just like any job. The drivers are 1099, for the most part respectful individuals but sometimes they can get lazy with doing things within their job descriptions but just make sure you advise them better before you tell a supervisor(you don't want to look like a tattle)because it's nice. Oh and it's loud and smelly with propane, but I'm really enjoying it here!
Pros
Weekends off, Pay rate, Work/life balance, Relaxed work environment, breaks, supervisors/managers, professionalism
Cons
Drivers, weather environment, yelling
Very Shady wording.
Sub Contracted Courier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 18, 2016
I contracted with Beavex for over 6 years. They tired to cut pay numerous of times. They label you as an independent contractor to save them money on more then one issue. If you look them up on the web you will see they have a lot of legal cases pending against them for this very issue. I would not recommend "working" for them. Very sleazy management. They expect you to bend over backwards for them, but when you need need something it takes an earth mover to get answers or what you need. I worked out of the Sacramento Hub. They had issues with settlements more then once, which resulted in delayed pay.
Pros
working alone.
Cons
Everything else.
Beavex SUCKS !! Hostile environment !! Upper management swears, yells, belittles and gets away with it !!!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTMay 20, 2016
Beavex is by far the worst company I have ever worked for in my 35 years of experience in the transportation industry. The manager yells, screams, swears and will threaten your job as often as he can. I was told by the customers all he did was bash me and blame me for everything. He was reported to HR several times by many employees and still he has a job. DO NOT EVER THINK OF WORKING FOR BEAVEX !!! You will be ABUSED ..VERBALLY..MENTALLY..EMOTIONALLY !!
Pros
My co workers were awesome!!!
Cons
BEAVEX FN SUCKS !!!
not happy
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 4, 2015
Not happy with job or management i`m subject to pay cuts and extra duties.I i`m a employee but classified as a I.C witch cost me money and benefits the company at my expense .witch is the reason i`m seeking alternate employment .co-workers are great and i will miss them as we have become friends.
Pros
not hard work
Cons
not properly compensated
warehouse where trucks deliver supplies to be distributed
Warehouse Lead & Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 9, 2015
I am the warehouse lead where trucks communicate to me their arrival times...
I then notify all other warehouse employees nightly to make sure they report when needed
I open the warehouse around 3a.m. each morning to meet the incoming trucks
I help sort, count and distribute supplies.
I help shrink wrap them for deliveries
I them drive for 2 hours one way and deliver pharmaceuticals and bank bags to different locations around the area
I scan all items delivered and return all items undeliverable with accurate documentation
My workday begin at 2:30a.m. and end at 2:00p.m. each Monday thru Friday and Saturdays whenever needed
Pros
I LOVE WHAT I DO
Cons
limited /no benefits...healthcare, paid vacations ect....
Keep away
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJMarch 17, 2016
Upper management are a bunch of idiots. If hired they will use you and then make up an excuse to get rid of you. The whole time I was there they just psychologically abused me and the rest of the employees.
Pros
Cons
Its H E L L on earth
Not a fair company to work for
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 29, 2016
This is not a very professional place work at . there is no consistency and job security because there is a lot of favoritism
Contract Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2016
Timed stops
How to use a scanner
Management very helpful
Co-workers very knowledgeable
Drive your own vehicle
Provide your own gas
Pros
No one over your shoulder
Cons
Short breaks
No Rights,no advancement
Courier/Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 13, 2015
In this Company you have no rights, you can't complaint, you are paying for all the expenses even the Company expenses and no hope for a raise all you get is pay cut after pay cut. You are supposed to be an Independent contractor but they treat you as employees with no" RIGHTS" whatsoever and no benefits either.
Pros
You set your own hrs.
Cons
No pay increase, no benefits, you carry with all expenses.
prodcutive
IC Contractor (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 26, 2016
Its a pleasure to be able to meet new people every day its a bonus to be able to use your own car to deliver your daily supplies. Good environment all from managers to co-workers.
Pros
felxisble hours
Cons
Not enough work pace
Needs more defined processes & systems
Terminal manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 9, 2015
Fair company to work for, great people to deal with on daily basis and various locations very helpful and professional. Feel could use a better training program.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Room for advancement
Not a family oriented type of company to work for. If you are single and have no kids this is the job for you
Management (Former Employee)August 5, 2011
I have nothing good to say so I will leave it at that.
Pros
lots of over time, hard to get fired or released, management never disciplines employees, plenty of breaks every1 takes several a day, can do personal calls at work, can make personal emails/texts all day, can show up late or miss days of work, make tons of mistakes and not be held accountable, ability to talk about your co-workers, learning nothing new to improve your work
Cons
tons of call ins by employees, employees constantly late, management does not communicate, management is not honest, lots of gossip and back stabbing, no stable hours or days, old computers, no training, benefits not very good, payrolly being incorrect
nice company
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJuly 25, 2016
nice company to work for, great hours, pay not so good.
great place to meet new people and a lot of over time during holidays season.
Not a good company to work for
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Southeast RegionApril 1, 2013
This is a very poorly run company. Very big disconnect from the home office to the field. Terminal Managers in small to mid size terminals are taken advantage of because they have no Operations Manager to give them any time off. You work long hours every day and are constantly called during the night and called in on weekends. THERE IS NO UNPLUG TIME!!! No opportunity for a personal life. The home office has an "elitetiest" type of attitude but most of them have no field experience. They have no clue as to what is really going at the terminal level. There is no consistency and they do not treat the contractors well.
Pros
decent health benefits
Cons
poor management, 70 plus hours every week
deserves a Zero
driver (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJanuary 23, 2016
I worked as driver and they tried to scam me out of money. I ended up calling labor board and got my money! Be Careful! Bad management, liars, withhold pay, long days with no break!
Cons
liars
Temporary but rewarding place to work.
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJNovember 10, 2015
The management and staff were very friendly and welcoming. Daily job duties and work loads varied. However, it was easy to adapt as the training that I received was excellent. After the training period, I was allowed to work very independently which allowed me to develop my own ideas and strategies, making me much more efficient at the job. If offered a permanent position at this company in the future, I would definitely work for them again.
Pros
Great pay, minimal supervision, growth potential
Cons
Temporary
Simple easy to learn position
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2014
I learned how to make decisions without involving management. I learned how to get the best prices for my drivers, especially when clients called to cancelled deliveries. I communicated affectively with Drivers (Independent Contractors) in order for drivers to accept routes.

A typical day at work involves shelving inventory and processing serial numbers into FedEx portal. Answering Multi-phone lines throughout the day while prioritizing calls on importance. Responding to e-mails immediately regard POD's or status on shipments or other personal request from clients. Other task would involve pulling and processing parts and labeling for techs to pick-up or to have driver deliver. Other assigned duties as necessary.

Cons: Health Benefits increased in premiums

Pros: Holiday pay, choice to volunteer to work on the holidays unless no one wants to you maybe choosen. Overtime depends on need but most likely the do not like to pay for overtime.
Pros
i worked alone without management, relaxed environment on swing shift
Cons
no advancements as a dispatcher unless you become terminal manager, no pay increase, potential laid-off due to loss of business contracts.
meh
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 20, 2016
Company does not do reviews. Therefore no raises. people have worked here for 2 years and haven't even received a cost of living raise
Cons
poor management. no raises
Lies, manipulation, and un - realistic expectations all in 1.
Lead (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDJune 5, 2014
I started working for this company October 3, 2013. Annapolis - Junction, Md location. I was brought on to be a Lead and was supposed to have another lead start with me. Keep in mind that there was no supervisor besides the lead which ended up being me. 7 months down the road I am still the only lead/ full time employee there, everyone else are Temp's. Start time is 10.p.m. but the trucks don't arrive until sometimes as late as 1a.m. Off days are supposed to be Friday and Saturday but we get told on Wednesdays of that same week that we have to work our off day. No forklift, everything is manual. Most of loads come off of the truck leaning or already tipped over. DEAD END JoB TRUST Me! The first job I ever had to literally quit. DONT SCREW YOURSELF!
Pros
it's a job
Cons
everything, down to the benefits

2.6