BeavEx Employee Reviews

My overall experience was a good one it allow me to experience new adventures.
Independent Contractor/Driver (Current Employee) –  College Park, GA31 August 2016
A typical day is routine and similar every day. It's a dedicated route. You're able to build relationships with the customer that you see daily. Time management is keep and the ability to prioritize is crucial. You meet new people from several parts of the world which is an enjoyable part of the job.
Cons
Management makes changes in compensation without advance notice, You either except the reduction in pay or you leave.
Fast paced work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX3 September 2016
The time at BeavEx has been great at first I thought it was too fast but soon caught onto speed. You get to know some amazing people at the pharmacies and make a great relationship.
Pros
Take long lunch, take your own pace
Cons
No benefits, no paid vacation
Beavex and tight margins
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NC20 April 2016
My direct supervisor was strict and fair, always took time to train and explain his expectations from day one right away.

Company ran in tight margins and constantly revising our supply chain routing looking to reduce cost in any way possible to a point carriers couldn't be profitable and we had to constantly change over..
Pros
Benefits and people I worked with
Cons
Always had to be politically correct
Beavex
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WA31 May 2016
company does not give raises. Does not give reviews. Medical insurance good. Company kinda backwards in the real world. I don't think they really care about employees.
Served a purpose
Operations and Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX24 May 2016
poor compensation, no benefits, no sick or vacation days, awful people, do effectively get half the day to pursue other things because of the early nature of the work
meh
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WA20 April 2016
Company does not do reviews. Therefore no raises. people have worked here for 2 years and haven't even received a cost of living raise
Cons
poor management. no raises
A good place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC8 December 2015
Beavex was a good place to work, I oversee the whole operation in the charlotte location, with ten employee's and about 50 independent contractor drivers, I learned a lot about the politics of a big company. I loved working with the customers and keeping them satisfied with our services. I learned about TSA and OSHA and trained the employee, I did employee reviews, drivers settlement.
Pros
Quarterly Bonus
Cons
Health care benefits
Fast pace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CA13 September 2016
Beavex was a hard place to work at. From unloading full containers to pulling orders, it was always busy and management was poor. Ultimately the biggest account was lost and everyone was laid off.
Pros
Always work
Cons
Bad managament
Beavex SUCKS !! Hostile environment !! Upper management swears, yells, belittles and gets away with it !!!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CT20 May 2016
Beavex is by far the worst company I have ever worked for in my 35 years of experience in the transportation industry. The manager yells, screams, swears and will threaten your job as often as he can. I was told by the customers all he did was bash me and blame me for everything. He was reported to HR several times by many employees and still he has a job. DO NOT EVER THINK OF WORKING FOR BEAVEX !!! You will be ABUSED ..VERBALLY..MENTALLY..EMOTIONALLY !!
Pros
My co workers were awesome!!!
Cons
BEAVEX FN SUCKS !!!
Contract Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA15 August 2016
Timed stops
How to use a scanner
Management very helpful
Co-workers very knowledgeable
Drive your own vehicle
Provide your own gas
Pros
No one over your shoulder
Cons
Short breaks
It's lit, quite frankly.
warehouse (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CA22 January 2016
Day to day is very fast paced and I love that because An 8 hour day feels like a 4 hour day! My supervisor was very welcoming as well as the rest of the staff, it's a relaxed work environment, but you have to be doing something just like any job. The drivers are 1099, for the most part respectful individuals but sometimes they can get lazy with doing things within their job descriptions but just make sure you advise them better before you tell a supervisor(you don't want to look like a tattle)because it's nice. Oh and it's loud and smelly with propane, but I'm really enjoying it here!
Pros
Weekends off, Pay rate, Work/life balance, Relaxed work environment, breaks, supervisors/managers, professionalism
Cons
Drivers, weather environment, yelling
warehouse where trucks deliver supplies to be distributed
Warehouse Lead & Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GA9 May 2015
I am the warehouse lead where trucks communicate to me their arrival times...
I then notify all other warehouse employees nightly to make sure they report when needed
I open the warehouse around 3a.m. each morning to meet the incoming trucks
I help sort, count and distribute supplies.
I help shrink wrap them for deliveries
I them drive for 2 hours one way and deliver pharmaceuticals and bank bags to different locations around the area
I scan all items delivered and return all items undeliverable with accurate documentation
My workday begin at 2:30a.m. and end at 2:00p.m. each Monday thru Friday and Saturdays whenever needed
Pros
I LOVE WHAT I DO
Cons
limited /no benefits...healthcare, paid vacations ect....
Challenging Workplace
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TX2 November 2016
very fast paced environment and diverse courier contractor base challenging to understand. Must know how to be a team player and be able to spend long days on your feet.
Very Shady wording.
Sub Contracted Courier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA18 February 2016
I contracted with Beavex for over 6 years. They tired to cut pay numerous of times. They label you as an independent contractor to save them money on more then one issue. If you look them up on the web you will see they have a lot of legal cases pending against them for this very issue. I would not recommend "working" for them. Very sleazy management. They expect you to bend over backwards for them, but when you need need something it takes an earth mover to get answers or what you need. I worked out of the Sacramento Hub. They had issues with settlements more then once, which resulted in delayed pay.
Pros
working alone.
Cons
Everything else.
Not a family oriented type of company to work for. If you are single and have no kids this is the job for you
Management (Former Employee)5 August 2011
I have nothing good to say so I will leave it at that.
Pros
lots of over time, hard to get fired or released, management never disciplines employees, plenty of breaks every1 takes several a day, can do personal calls at work, can make personal emails/texts all day, can show up late or miss days of work, make tons of mistakes and not be held accountable, ability to talk about your co-workers, learning nothing new to improve your work
Cons
tons of call ins by employees, employees constantly late, management does not communicate, management is not honest, lots of gossip and back stabbing, no stable hours or days, old computers, no training, benefits not very good, payrolly being incorrect
Not a good company to work for
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Southeast Region1 April 2013
This is a very poorly run company. Very big disconnect from the home office to the field. Terminal Managers in small to mid size terminals are taken advantage of because they have no Operations Manager to give them any time off. You work long hours every day and are constantly called during the night and called in on weekends. THERE IS NO UNPLUG TIME!!! No opportunity for a personal life. The home office has an "elitetiest" type of attitude but most of them have no field experience. They have no clue as to what is really going at the terminal level. There is no consistency and they do not treat the contractors well.
Pros
decent health benefits
Cons
poor management, 70 plus hours every week
Medical
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GA12 October 2016
I don't want to be forced to write a review for any of the companies I have worked. But great people and great environment.
not happy
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CA4 August 2015
Not happy with job or management i`m subject to pay cuts and extra duties.I i`m a employee but classified as a I.C witch cost me money and benefits the company at my expense .witch is the reason i`m seeking alternate employment .co-workers are great and i will miss them as we have become friends.
Pros
not hard work
Cons
not properly compensated
nice company
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJ25 July 2016
nice company to work for, great hours, pay not so good.
great place to meet new people and a lot of over time during holidays season.
Lies, manipulation, and un - realistic expectations all in 1.
Lead (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MD5 June 2014
I started working for this company October 3, 2013. Annapolis - Junction, Md location. I was brought on to be a Lead and was supposed to have another lead start with me. Keep in mind that there was no supervisor besides the lead which ended up being me. 7 months down the road I am still the only lead/ full time employee there, everyone else are Temp's. Start time is 10.p.m. but the trucks don't arrive until sometimes as late as 1a.m. Off days are supposed to be Friday and Saturday but we get told on Wednesdays of that same week that we have to work our off day. No forklift, everything is manual. Most of loads come off of the truck leaning or already tipped over. DEAD END JoB TRUST Me! The first job I ever had to literally quit. DONT SCREW YOURSELF!
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Everything, down to the benefits

2.7