BeavEx

BeavEx Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It's lit, quite frankly.
warehouse (Current Employee), Hayward, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: Weekends off, Pay rate, Work/life balance, Relaxed work environment, breaks, supervisors/managers, professionalism
Cons: Drivers, weather environment, yelling
Day to day is very fast paced and I love that because An 8 hour day feels like a 4 hour day! My supervisor was very welcoming as well as the rest of the staff, it's a relaxed work environment, but you have to be doing something just like any job. The drivers are 1099, for the most part respectful individuals but sometimes they can get lazy with doing things within their job descriptions but just make sure you advise them better before you tell a supervisor(you don't want to look like a tattle)because it's nice. Oh and it's loud and smelly with propane, but I'm really enjoying it here!
A good place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 8, 2015
Pros: Quarterly Bonus
Cons: Health care benefits
Beavex was a good place to work, I oversee the whole operation in the charlotte location, with ten employee's and about 50 independent contractor drivers, I learned a lot about the politics of a big company. I loved working with the customers and keeping them satisfied with our services. I learned about TSA and OSHA and trained the employee, I did employee reviews, drivers settlement.
Temporary but rewarding place to work.
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee), East Rutherford, NJNovember 10, 2015
Pros: Great pay, minimal supervision, growth potential
Cons: Temporary
The management and staff were very friendly and welcoming. Daily job duties and work loads varied. However, it was easy to adapt as the training that I received was excellent. After the training period, I was allowed to work very independently which allowed me to develop my own ideas and strategies, making me much more efficient at the job. If offered a permanent position at this company in the future, I would definitely work for them again.
Recently Bought Out By Investment Group
Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco Bay Area, CAOctober 27, 2015
BeavEx was a great company for 25 years and always well respected. Once it was bought out and it's founder left the organization, it took a turn for the worst and has yet to recover. The management team they put in place has all but run off all of the veteran people who made the company good. They are operating on spreadsheets from afar rather than on the ground locally and the organization is suffering for it.
beavex
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Glendale, CAOctober 26, 2015
This company gives you the opportunity to travel all over southern California to transport for different companies that contract you.
Very Fast work Pace
Driver Service Representive (Former Employee), Hayward, CAOctober 19, 2015
Pros: Always Busy
Help out the Independent contractors to make their jobs easier so they would be effective when delivering. I love working her, my co-worker were amazing. Management would have like to learn more from to grow. The most enjoyable part of the job, helping out the IC's and loving what I do.
I really enjoyed being an independent contractor because it enabled me to plot my own path when it came to decision making out in the field, which in
Courier Driver (Current Employee), Greenville, NCOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Freedom and liberty
Cons: Pay could have be better
Fun place to work without to many restraints...All in all this company proved to be one of most effective and productive partakers of this industry.
Dispaching
Contact physician (Former Employee), Broward CountySeptember 25, 2015
Dispatching small truck company. Daily inventory. Monitoring camera systems. Very fun place to work. I love working with my co workers. Everyone was so nice. The truckers were kind.
Self-Contracted Courier
Self-Contracted Courier (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 4, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Directly responsible for picking up all mail at Bank of Americas headquarters and distributing all interoffice mail to numerous banks throughout the valley.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Independent
Cons: Support
Company focused on profit margin and little concern with employees. This company is suffering from lack of initiative and willingness to adapt to change. New ideas and change isn't something that is welcomed and need more focus on internal education.
responsible for movement of inbound/outbound freight for metro GA
On-Site Supervisor and Dispatcher (Current Employee), College Park, GAAugust 6, 2015
this company was a great stepping stone for me to open new doors in dispatching. the company went thru some management changes, which changed the moral of the business
not happy
Courier Driver (Current Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: not hard work
Cons: not properly compensated
Not happy with job or management i`m subject to pay cuts and extra duties.I i`m a employee but classified as a I.C witch cost me money and benefits the company at my expense .witch is the reason i`m seeking alternate employment .co-workers are great and i will miss them as we have become friends.
small company
warehouse associate (Current Employee), Taunton, MAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: part time nightshift
Cons: no breaks bad working conditions
The work place is fun to be around. its a small company with potential but needs more support from management.the job just needs to get done
Working without direct supervising.
Courier (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2015
Cons: A lot of car expences (gas and maintanance).
Working without direct supervising. Good relation between employees and the management and pleasant work environment.
made good money
courier drier (Former Employee), pennsauken, njJuly 13, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: some days could be very long
Very busy day of work. The management was fine. I got along with other co workers. The hardest part was loading because I did the post office and everything had to be scanned.
Good Place
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Coppell txJune 20, 2015
Good pay
Flexible time
Good management team
great coworkers
you get to meet new people
you use your own truck
you finish your work early
Needs more defined processes & systems
Terminal manager (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCJune 9, 2015
Pros: Benefits package
Cons: Room for advancement
Fair company to work for, great people to deal with on daily basis and various locations very helpful and professional. Feel could use a better training program.
Company is not always true to its word
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Kernersville, NCJune 3, 2015
Pros: Maybe a gas card
Cons: Not enough information given to contactors
No room for promotion or advance. needs to be more focused on it contractors ... enough info. typical day consist of checking in, counting pkgs, verify route. Hardest part is its not true to its word
warehouse where trucks deliver supplies to be distributed
Warehouse Lead & Courier Driver (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMay 9, 2015
Pros: I LOVE WHAT I DO
Cons: limited /no benefits...healthcare, paid vacations ect....
I am the warehouse lead where trucks communicate to me their arrival times...
I then notify all other warehouse employees nightly to make sure they report when needed
I open the warehouse around 3a.m. each morning to meet the incoming trucks
I help sort, count and distribute supplies.
I help shrink wrap them for deliveries
I them drive for 2 hours one way and deliver pharmaceuticals and bank bags to different locations around the area
I scan all items delivered and return all items undeliverable with accurate documentation
My workday begin at 2:30a.m. and end at 2:00p.m. each Monday thru Friday and Saturdays whenever needed
Productive and Helpful
Contract Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXApril 23, 2015
Pros: Short shift and easy
Cons: Tedious driving
Loading your personal vehicle with medical merchandise for delivery. Transport said merchandise to designated locations in a timely manner. the hardest part of the job was the across state transportation. the most enjoyable part of the experience was the 6 hr shift it took to do the shift for full pay.
Headquarters