BeavEx Employee Reviews

Fast paced work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2016
The time at BeavEx has been great at first I thought it was too fast but soon caught onto speed. You get to know some amazing people at the pharmacies and make a great relationship.
Pros
Take long lunch, take your own pace
Cons
No benefits, no paid vacation
My overall experience was a good one it allow me to experience new adventures.
Independent Contractor/Driver (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAAugust 31, 2016
A typical day is routine and similar every day. It's a dedicated route. You're able to build relationships with the customer that you see daily. Time management is keep and the ability to prioritize is crucial. You meet new people from several parts of the world which is an enjoyable part of the job.
Cons
Management makes changes in compensation without advance notice, You either except the reduction in pay or you leave.
Contract Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2016
Timed stops
How to use a scanner
Management very helpful
Co-workers very knowledgeable
Drive your own vehicle
Provide your own gas
Pros
No one over your shoulder
Cons
Short breaks
nice company
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJuly 25, 2016
nice company to work for, great hours, pay not so good.
great place to meet new people and a lot of over time during holidays season.
prodcutive
IC Contractor (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 26, 2016
Its a pleasure to be able to meet new people every day its a bonus to be able to use your own car to deliver your daily supplies. Good environment all from managers to co-workers.
Pros
felxisble hours
Cons
Not enough work pace
Beavex SUCKS !! Hostile environment !! Upper management swears, yells, belittles and gets away with it !!!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Cromwell, CTMay 20, 2016
Beavex is by far the worst company I have ever worked for in my 35 years of experience in the transportation industry. The manager yells, screams, swears and will threaten your job as often as he can. I was told by the customers all he did was bash me and blame me for everything. He was reported to HR several times by many employees and still he has a job. DO NOT EVER THINK OF WORKING FOR BEAVEX !!! You will be ABUSED ..VERBALLY..MENTALLY..EMOTIONALLY !!
Pros
My co workers were awesome!!!
Cons
BEAVEX FN SUCKS !!!
meh
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 20, 2016
Company does not do reviews. Therefore no raises. people have worked here for 2 years and haven't even received a cost of living raise
Cons
poor management. no raises
Not a fair company to work for
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 29, 2016
This is not a very professional place work at . there is no consistency and job security because there is a lot of favoritism
Keep away
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJMarch 17, 2016
Upper management are a bunch of idiots. If hired they will use you and then make up an excuse to get rid of you. The whole time I was there they just psychologically abused me and the rest of the employees.
Pros
Cons
Its H E L L on earth
Like it
Owner Operator Driver (Current Employee) –  Dover, OHFebruary 20, 2016
Good to work for
Love my auto part route I'm on now
Willing to work with me and try to get me more hours and pay
Been with the job longer but was with the company that they bought out
Pros
Freedom on the road to route your on route mapping
Cons
Pay
Very Shady wording.
Sub Contracted Courier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 18, 2016
I contracted with Beavex for over 6 years. They tired to cut pay numerous of times. They label you as an independent contractor to save them money on more then one issue. If you look them up on the web you will see they have a lot of legal cases pending against them for this very issue. I would not recommend "working" for them. Very sleazy management. They expect you to bend over backwards for them, but when you need need something it takes an earth mover to get answers or what you need. I worked out of the Sacramento Hub. They had issues with settlements more then once, which resulted in delayed pay.
Pros
working alone.
Cons
Everything else.
deserves a Zero
driver (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJanuary 23, 2016
I worked as driver and they tried to scam me out of money. I ended up calling labor board and got my money! Be Careful! Bad management, liars, withhold pay, long days with no break!
Cons
liars
It's lit, quite frankly.
warehouse (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Day to day is very fast paced and I love that because An 8 hour day feels like a 4 hour day! My supervisor was very welcoming as well as the rest of the staff, it's a relaxed work environment, but you have to be doing something just like any job. The drivers are 1099, for the most part respectful individuals but sometimes they can get lazy with doing things within their job descriptions but just make sure you advise them better before you tell a supervisor(you don't want to look like a tattle)because it's nice. Oh and it's loud and smelly with propane, but I'm really enjoying it here!
Pros
Weekends off, Pay rate, Work/life balance, Relaxed work environment, breaks, supervisors/managers, professionalism
Cons
Drivers, weather environment, yelling
A good place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 8, 2015
Beavex was a good place to work, I oversee the whole operation in the charlotte location, with ten employee's and about 50 independent contractor drivers, I learned a lot about the politics of a big company. I loved working with the customers and keeping them satisfied with our services. I learned about TSA and OSHA and trained the employee, I did employee reviews, drivers settlement.
Pros
Quarterly Bonus
Cons
Health care benefits
Temporary but rewarding place to work.
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJNovember 10, 2015
The management and staff were very friendly and welcoming. Daily job duties and work loads varied. However, it was easy to adapt as the training that I received was excellent. After the training period, I was allowed to work very independently which allowed me to develop my own ideas and strategies, making me much more efficient at the job. If offered a permanent position at this company in the future, I would definitely work for them again.
Pros
Great pay, minimal supervision, growth potential
Cons
Temporary
Recently Bought Out By Investment Group
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAOctober 27, 2015
BeavEx was a great company for 25 years and always well respected. Once it was bought out and it's founder left the organization, it took a turn for the worst and has yet to recover. The management team they put in place has all but run off all of the veteran people who made the company good. They are operating on spreadsheets from afar rather than on the ground locally and the organization is suffering for it.
beavex
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 26, 2015
This company gives you the opportunity to travel all over southern California to transport for different companies that contract you.
Very Fast work Pace
Driver Service Representive (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 19, 2015
Help out the Independent contractors to make their jobs easier so they would be effective when delivering. I love working her, my co-worker were amazing. Management would have like to learn more from to grow. The most enjoyable part of the job, helping out the IC's and loving what I do.
Pros
Always Busy
I really enjoyed being an independent contractor because it enabled me to plot my own path when it came to decision making out in the field, which in
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 15, 2015
Fun place to work without to many restraints...All in all this company proved to be one of most effective and productive partakers of this industry.
Pros
Freedom and liberty
Cons
Pay could have be better
Dispaching
Contact physician (Former Employee) –  Broward CountySeptember 25, 2015
Dispatching small truck company. Daily inventory. Monitoring camera systems. Very fun place to work. I love working with my co workers. Everyone was so nice. The truckers were kind.

2.7