BeavEx

BeavEx Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
BASIC WORKPLACE WITH NO AMENITIES
Courier Driver (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 12, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: no healthcare
BASIC WORKPLACE AT A RENTAL SHED,COURIERS PICKUP WORK AT DIFFERENT TIMES ACCORDING TO THIER ROUTES.
Enjoyed the work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), East Rutherford, NJNovember 11, 2014
Enjoyed the work and the people I worked with. Learned how to operate a power jack and research teller work.
Delivery Freight
Courier/Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 10, 2014
Cons: no benefits/ constant pay cuts
What I learned at Beavex is People skills, Follow the instructions on delivery sheets. Work well alone and with employees. The hardest part of the job would lift furniture without assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Employees at the different businesses..
I would like to add; I worked at this job for 4 yrs. and I only took my vacation – more... 1 time.. I enjoy working hard. – less
Nice place to work.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Salem, VANovember 6, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: no benefits
Good place to work for, Good money when they have available runs.
associate (Former Employee), PhoenixSeptember 29, 2014
It was a easy job, but not enough hours. Management was poor.
great place to work,great magnement,good benefits
Work as independent driver contractor (Former Employee), East Rutherford, NJSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: best place to work
love to work here and grow,benefits,great magnement,very friendly plase to work
Easy Delivery Workplace
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 26, 2014
I had day/night shifts. The day shifts I would go to the store to pick up the bags and view my delivery locations. I would have to reach each location at a certain time, drop bags at a location and pick up the new ones at the same location and deliver them back to the store. The night shifts I would go to the factory to pick up the bags, deliver them – more... to the orlando location and drive back to tampa. The most enjoyable part of the job was the drive. – less
NA
Regional Contractor (Former Employee), Durham, NCAugust 7, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
A typical day at work is a friendly atmosphere. Co-workers are very nice and I deal with different people on a daily basis. The most difficult part of the job is advancing. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things
i was my own boss.
DRIVER/PICK UP TELLER (Former Employee), njJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great timing
Cons: only seasonal
For this job i was my own boss, i was able to make my time and money without having to report to someone. All i had to do was drive get my belongings and drop off.
I love the culture at Beavex...
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Current Employee), Cromwell, CTJuly 23, 2014
Pros: flexible, fun, work schedule
Cons: pay, pay pay
In the beginning of my job experience with Beavex, it was a wonderful place to work with great pay. The hours are flexible, and most of all I commend Beavex for giving me a chance at being employed. Being new to a country as a permanent resident can be rough to say the least.

As an independent contractor for Beavex, I maintain my own vehicle, gas, – more... maintenance, repairs, etc...My mileage is high so my overhead is high.

Within the past year, income has been on an unbearable decline. We consistently get messages from management that there will be opportunities in the near future; but these have not panned out. At least for me that is. – less
Productive and fun!
Laborer, General - NEWGISTICS (Current Employee), Columbia, MDJune 10, 2014
Pros: exercises the body!
Ongoing work that allows one to meet many people who are to serve one huge purpose, getting the job done in a timely manner!
fun place to work
courier (Current Employee), lumberton ncJune 6, 2014
Great people to work for. like the people. a typical day is enjoyable.
Get to see new company. And a lot of freedom.
Lies, manipulation, and un - realistic expectations all in 1.
Lead (Former Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDJune 5, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: everything, down to the benefits
I started working for this company October 3, 2013. Annapolis - Junction, Md location. I was brought on to be a Lead and was supposed to have another lead start with me. Keep in mind that there was no supervisor besides the lead which ended up being me. 7 months down the road I am still the only lead/ full time employee there, everyone else are Temp's. – more... Start time is 10.p.m. but the trucks don't arrive until sometimes as late as 1a.m. Off days are supposed to be Friday and Saturday but we get told on Wednesdays of that same week that we have to work our off day. No forklift, everything is manual. Most of loads come off of the truck leaning or already tipped over. DEAD END JoB TRUST Me! The first job I ever had to literally quit. DONT SCREW YOURSELF! – less
love it
Dispatcher/Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Pennsauken, NJMay 4, 2014
The people I work with are great I love them we all get along help each other to get the job done.
and the Bosses are very nice very understanding
Busy and a lot of driving
Independent Contractor Driver (Current Employee), Gardena, CaMarch 27, 2014
Picked and packed orders, double checked medicine, loaded orders into vehicle, delivered orders to patients homes and made sure paperwork is filled out properly.
Very productive work environment
Courier/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2014
The co-workers were great to work with and management was good as well
very productive & sometimes fun
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Pennsauken, NJMarch 1, 2014
Pros: being able to take luch break whenever i want
My typical work day at Beavex i clock in & get straight to work. its part-time so im usaully only on the clock for about 6hrs max. I have'nt learned much other than how to be an even better team player. The management is good they help out alot & listen to our ideas if we have any. My co-workers are great they listen & dont have a problem at all when – more... it comes to working together. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to get along with everybody at work and do my job productively. – less
good people - very low pay
Dispatch/Customer Service (Former Employee), Kent, WAFebruary 23, 2014
For the most part the people I worked with were great : drivers,customers, co-workers. The BIG disadvantage is the pay ... very low starting pay and low to no increases
This job is like playing ping pong with lab rats....
I.C. Courier Driver Dedicated Route (Current Employee), New JerseyJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: a job
Cons: pay, uncaring workers in branch, treats you like a robot, long mileage but under paid.
Heard a lot of good things about the company before I started. I went on the interview and was offered $155 a day for a 230+ mile route. I accepted the position later to find out I was only being paid $125. I addressed this with the hiring ding bat. She said she would check into it, never returns my calls. Left emails with all the dispatchers to help – more... move this along, still no return call.

Typical work day is usually 230 Miles, all over NJ, the route is clearly a mess following in a particular order, dodging deer, fog, bear, wolves, traffic, drunks, etc.

I learned a huge lesson. Most courier companies pay $1 a mile or more, this job you ask?! Everyone gets paid the same rate of $125 no matter if your route is 100 miles or 300 miles. Add your 20% cargo insurance, a direct deposit fee every darn week, then your fuel fees a week, never being home to cook or eat dinner, car maintenance, vehicle damage from hitting live animals, the workers care less about your well being, they complain when your not speeding to get the job done quick regardless to your safety, they send you out in hazardous weather with lack of care, and more.

The co-workers? 90% of them are foreigners. Most can't speak the english language let alone understand it.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the fact that they send you out on rush hour traffic for some routes, and realizing that after you spend what you need to survive with your vehicle, and yourself in a typical week, you might as well have taken 2 part time jobs that have nothing to do with the company.

Enjoyable part? 1 day off a week where you tend to sleep the day away.... – less
Easy going job
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: amount of individual time to work.
Cons: poor pay/ benefits.
Dispatcher - Typical work day would be monitoring routes, some paper work. So far it has been a very easy job. Benefits could be better.

About BeavEx

Established in 1989 in New Haven, CT, BeavEx began providing same day delivery services to an eleven branch bank located in Hamden, – Read more