BEAUTY SYSTEMS GROUP

BEAUTY SYSTEMS GROUP Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Job is set up for failure
Direct Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Denton, TXAugust 21, 2014
To many consultants in one area, accounts given to longtime employees, overall a decent company but honestly the job is set up for failure
Job is set up for failure
Direct Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Denton, TXAugust 21, 2014
Very educational place to work if in the beauty industry.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mattydale, NYJune 11, 2014
Pros: free samples, education
Cons: management
The company gives lots of free education from classes to product knowledge. The company is great to work for when you have a manager that cares about the store. And you get a great discount with tons of free samples of products.
Learned alot, salon customers were great to work with.
Salon Consultant (Former Employee), Denton, TXApril 2, 2014
Very fun but hard work. Rewarding and a great work environment.
bad managment
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Greenville, OHFebruary 3, 2014
They make you work overtime 5 days a week and pay you only 8 dollars a hr, ain't worth it...
Job security
Senior Order Puller/Packer (Current Employee), Greenville, OHJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: very long hours, no communication, lots of problems with the company not caring for the employees
Fast paced environment, very friendly co-workers, overall a secure job
variety of selection of products and equipt for professional, will get if do have!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 18, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: excesive hours. i worked anywhere between 67 to 80 hrs a week.
While working for BSG and Sally's as a store manager it was a learning experience of products, supplies, and learning the management duties.
Showing new products and educating Salons
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 10, 2013
Pros: driving 7 round trip hours to a sales meeting
Cons: quota's being raised every month
The best part of my job was helping and assisting new and existing profesional salon's sales grow their business by trusting my judgement. They expected me to show up and educate them with all the new products and supplies.I worked a 2 week cycle and signed new accounts as well as servicing exsisting accounts.
I am extremly driven and have been in sales – more... my entire career.I love building relationships and developing ways of generate sales for the salons as well as myself. It was a win/win situation.
I detailed with countless manufactuer reps promoting various promotions.I worked with my boss from time to time,but he knew I was not someone to worry about.
The hardest part of the job was if the competition took one of my products out of the salon.
The best part was cold calling and signing up new accounts with large orders. – less
Exciting Industry
District Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Nanimo and North IslandSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: flexible (but long)hours
Cons: having to pay my own expenses
My typical day started in a different town each day of the week. I would call on my existing customers to introduce them to new products, keep them informed about sales and promotions and to take their orders. I also had to always look to grow the business by cold calling.
I learnt something new everyday as nothing ever stays the same in the beauty – more... industry ads well as I had to be able not take things personally.
The hardest part of the job was meeting targets while trying to meet the needs of my customers, there were times when business was slow.
I enjoyed the challenge of sales and I liked meeting new people. – less
This was a very fun position.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), EvansvilleAugust 20, 2013
I loved all of the new and exciting products and techniques.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Benecia CaliforniaAugust 15, 2013
Pros: sale perks, weekly raffles, weekly product distributions to work team, great lunches, excellent meetings
Cons: short breaks, and sometime over whelming phone calls.
With this company, it is important to be aggressive, direct and still maintain a balance of professionalism and excellent Customer Service. Demands are high, call volumes could be high and when they are not there is always something to do, to correct, to file, to process, to study. Great group of people to work with.
One of the largest wholesale beauty distributors in the country
Consultant (Former Employee), Macedonia, OHMay 10, 2013
I was hired in at the company as a consultant. This was a 9 month contract. I was brought in to help develop and implement a plan of action and ensure proper implementation of it.

Everyone I worked with was professional and pleasant to work with.

I enjoyed being a consultant because your opinion is valued and respected so much.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), ArizonaMarch 17, 2013
I worked here while I was in high school but had to leave because my husband moved him and I to Maryland for the military. Great place to work
Family Type
Order Puller (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 4, 2013
This company has tought me everything that I know.
The hardest part of this job was filling more than one person when they would miss work.
Long standing company with good leadership.
Account Representative (Former Employee), Troy, MIOctober 6, 2012
Pros: fun industry and interesting people
Cons: some owners that you work with are not business minded.
A typical day would be calling on your accounts for the day and presenting new products, along with educatiing about new and current porducts. Team meetings with management would occur about once a week or when needed. The best part of the job is building relationships with your accounts. The hardest part would be making sure that the orders are correct – more... and get where they need to be. – less
Great place to work if you are not the bread winner
Salon Consultant and Northwest Sales Manager (Former Employee), Benicia, CAAugust 15, 2012
Pros: great work life balance if you are a sales rep.
Cons: compete against own company with the stores.
This is a great place to work if you are not the breadwinner and need a second income for your family. BSG offers a great benefits package with retirement and profit sharing. If you are a commissioned sales rep you will enjoy a great work life balance, however you will work long hours competing against Cosmoprof stores for your clients business. An – more... average sales rep makes about $35k in commission annually. There are realistic goals and a lot of manufacture bonuses that make up your income. – less
Productive Sales office
Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 11, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: closed location
Worked with BSG only a year, but was quickly advanced into a management level position.
productive
Beauty systems group (Former Employee), spartanburg, scJuly 11, 2012
Work by myself, quite and stay to myself makin production everyday
Productive place
Order Puller (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 26, 2012
Fast working place rarely was able to sit down. company over all has great benefits and the company gives you the opportunity for advancement.
Productive and Fun
Territory Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee), monroe, ctJune 14, 2012
Pros: tax exempt
Cons: free lunches
I learned my way around nassau county. The hardest part of my job was building up the weak areas.The most enjoyable part of my job was being around so many different people a day.

About BEAUTY SYSTEMS GROUP

Hair stylists and colorists, manicurists, and cosmetologists stock up at stores operated by Beauty Systems Group (BSG). The beauty – Read more