Graphic Design Internship
Background & Job Description
Beautezine is a digital beauty destination combining the personal aspect of daily blogging along with the creativity and design of a trendy magazine. Delivering a truly unique experience in the digital media world, Beautezine has become one of the top beauty websites around for product reviews, tutorials and shoppable beauty stories. We are seeking a graphic design intern who is interested in the beauty industry to contribute to our art department. This internship would be ideal for those wanting to work in the art department at a magazine, brand office or digital media environment.
Why Intern at Beautezine
- Get experience working on a unique and successful digital media concept
- Work with a wide variety of well-known brands in the beauty industry
- Be involved in story development, conceptualization, development and publication
- Ability to work from home and on your own time for the majority of projects
- Explore other interests if desired, including copy writing, photography, social media, attending industry events, testing products etc.
What You Will Do at Beautezine
- Work on visual development and assist in art direction, photography and editing
- Get creative and pitch ideas for themes, brands and products
- Be involved with brainstorming stories and conceptualizing layouts for daily content and possible advertorial collaborations
- Example projects: http://www.beautezine.com/category/articles/
What We Are Looking For
- Graphic design graduate or student experienced and comfortable with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and Apple Aperture.
- Creative individuals with an eye for design
- Team players and collaborate on brainstorming and organizing ideas
- Must be interested in makeup and other beauty products (you'll be surrounded by it all the time!)
- Photography experience preferred but not mandatory (Manual DSLR techniques, studio & lighting equipment, product manipulation, photo editing).
- Unpaid, 3-4 month summer internship (students and recent graduates preferred)
- Full time or part time
- Willing travel downtown Toronto once a week for team meetings (TTC travel will be reimbursed if required)
Please provide CV, portfolio and let me know why you want to work in the digital media & beauty industry!