We are a local, family-run and totally DIY company. We brew interesting, award winning, tasty beers using the highest quality, all natural ingredients like certified organic hops & malts and local spring water. We have names, not titles and we would like you to join our team! We are currently searching for a Senior Buyer for a full-time salary position.
The purpose of this position is to improve our purchasing processes and assist in reducing costs.
Reporting to the senior accountant, the senior buyer will perform product sourcing and product development duties by:
- Examining and understanding the current needs of the brewery
- Research and source new items from current & prospective suppliers
- Research, recommend and assist in finding new cost savings
- Sourcing of new suppliers to enhance cost saving opportunities
- Determines purchasing requirements by reviewing inventories and purchase requests
- Identifies suppliers by researching materials, valuating alternatives and verifying supplier performance
- Negotiate prices, terms and conditions for year round, early buying or special promotions
- Maintains records on accurate costing
- Post-secondary 3 Year Business degree/diploma specializing in Materials Management or related field
- Membership in the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) an asset
- Certificate in Purchasing (CPP) sponsored by PMAC or actively pursuing a purchasing designation an asset
- Experience managing P&L statements preferred
- Minimum five years of direct purchasing experience preferably in the food and beverage industry.
- Proficient user of the MS Office software package (Word, Excel)
- Previous experience with ERP systems
We appreciate all applications, however only those retained for interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 13 months ago
We are a local, family-run and totally DIY company based in Vankleek Hill in Eastern Ontario. We brew interesting, award winning, tasty...