Job Title: Industrial Maintenance Technician
Date: April 2013
Reports to: Production Manager
We are a local, family-run and totally DIY company. We brew interesting, award winning, tasty beers using the highest quality, all natural ingredients like certified organic hops & malts and local spring water. We have names, not titles and we would like you to join our team! We are currently searching for an Industrial Maintenance Technician for a full-time, salaried position.
The Industrial Maintenance Technician will work to install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in a manufacturing environment. They will be responsible for maintaining, installing or dismantling machinery and equipment according to plans, blueprints, and other diagrams. The technician is responsible for repairing malfunctioning equipment, such as motors, pumps, valves, controls, and other machinery. They will also routinely perform preventative maintenance on all equipment and components in order to ensure the continued safe, efficient and effective operations of all equipment and fixtures utilized by the organization.
- Install, test, maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and equipment.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, electrical code specifications and schematics in order to effectively troubleshoot, maintain and repair equipment.
- Diagnose, locate the cause of, and repair malfunctioning systems and components using test equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance through inspection of electrical systems, equipment and components.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date maintenance records.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Interpret blueprints and schematics to determine mechanical work procedures.
- Repair any problems associated with new equipment.
- Fabricate new machine parts if original parts are missing or damaged.
- Identify and correct any problems found in machines, equipment, or processes in order to facilitate production.
- Perform preventative maintenance on the machines and equipment in operation.
- Complete all paperwork as required.
- Work on other projects as required.
- Ensure that safety policies, quality standards, and standard operating procedures are followed.
- Ensure all work performed adheres to all relevant organizational, provincial and federal safety regulations, codes and specifications.
- Plan the maintenance shop, create a budget and adhere to the budget when setting up the maintenance shop. Technician will give direction in what equipment is needed in the shop
- Responsible for preventative maintenance and regular monitoring of maintenance needs.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 442A Industrial Electrician and 433A Millwright Certificate of Qualification
- Red-Seal certification preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' experience required on one ticket or the other with preference given to those with a background in a brewery or food manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with food standards, GMP and/or HACCP
- Experience with routine maintenance operations.
- Experience in moving, assembling, disassembling, troubleshooting, and repairing various types of machinery and equipment.
- Ability to detect, isolate, and identify irregularities and malfunctions in machinery and equipment, including augers, mills, pumps, thermostats, regulators, gauges, solenoids, pneumatic valves, and PLCs.
- Some welding experience, sanitary welding technique will be given preference.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures.
- Self-starter, with developed analytical and troubleshooting skills. Ability to learn quickly.
- Computer literate.
- 24/7 availability required
If this is a position that interests you, please forward your resume and cover letter to us! We appreciate all applications, however only those retained for interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 7 months ago
We are a local, family-run and totally DIY company based in Vankleek Hill in Eastern Ontario. We brew interesting, award winning, tasty...