PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Technical Support Representative will be knowledgeable and professional in resolving customer issues and ensuring that customer service is always the top priority.
The Technical Support Representative reports directly to the Support Manager and answer’s all customer inquiries by phone or email assisting with questions, complaints and troubleshooting problems.
- Answering telephones and being the customer’s (both residential and commercial) first point of contact.
- Handling technical issues for Residential & Commercial Customers: i.e. VoIP, Internet & Hosting
- Assist Customer Experience Representatives with technical support as needed
- Advanced UNIX Server Administration
- DNS Server Administration
- Site visits to customer and/or POP locations
- Troubleshooting hardware problems
- Setting up Internet connections for both residential & commercial customers
- VoIP deployment and setup for new customers
- Working with the Network and Systems Administration team for escalated issues
*Must have a valid Ontario Driver's License