Beam is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam has evolved into one of the world's leading premium spirits companies where each employee is treated like family and trusted with a legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit. Come inside; join us for an opportunity to stir the world.
Position: Sales & Operations Planner
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Reporting to the Team Lead, Sales & Operations, the Sales & Operations Planner will be responsible for Demand Planning and Analysis, Wholesale Inventory, Data and Procurement Management. Advanced Excel skills are a must. The candidate must also be highly analytical, detail oriented, an energetic self-starter, and dependable.
Demand Planning and Analysis
- High user knowledge in SAP to manage inbound deliveries and inventory positions to make recommendations on required procurement numbers to maintain required level of safety and cycle stock.
- Higher functional knowledge in APO to analyse demand patterns,
- Maintain the forecast generated with input for new SKU’s, referencing to superseded SKUs, actual sales and optimal algorithm selection, and regeneration of the monthly forecast.
- Assist in the development and application of reports that provide stakeholders with the data to manage demand for products inside the procurement lead-time and manage supply outside of lead-time.
- Through the delivery of Key Performance Indicators, analyzing and reporting on various measurements that are critical to inventory and demand management. Initiate continuous improvement programs.
- Monitor forecast accuracy and consolidate the root cause analysis from Sales regarding forecast inaccuracy, and summarise into meaningful key learning.
Inventory and Data Management
- Collaboratively engage Liquour Boards on purchase order tracking, product availability and inventory levels
- Source data from multiple internal and external sources and create management reports for many key users.
- System maintenance of Product Classification and service levels according to agreed business objectives.
- Process monthly inventory reconciliation analysis & work with Finance to carry out end to end adjustments with due approvals
- Commercial and Financial Acumen – Ability to consider and quantify impact of potential risks and / opportunities for the business
- Delivering Results – Achieves goals and meets deadlines. Streamlines existing processes and procedures.
- Interpersonal Understanding – Develops and maintains productive internal and external relationships
- Leadership – Inspires and motivates others to perform
- Management of Change – Successfully adapts to changing situations. Manages ambiguity in the function/ role.
- Strategic Thinking – Thinks broadly in order to solve problems and provide direction
- Post-Secondary education in Business, Operations or Math discipline.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a related role within Logistics, Operations or Manufacturing environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Order processing experience desirable.
- Analytical / attention to detail
- Energetic / self-starter