Position: Scheduler 1
Department/Location: Home Support, 2723 Quadra Street Hours of Work: Hours of work may include days and evenings – weekend availability required
Salary: BCGEU Wage Grid
Posting Period: Ongoing
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: N/A Status: Casual
The Scheduler 1 works in accordance with the mission, vision and values of Beacon Community Services. Reporting to the Scheduling Team manger, schedulers are responsible for the coordination of all CHW schedules by preparing and adjusting schedules in accordance with care plans and applicable collective agreements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans and adjusts CHW schedules in advance, and allocates work assignments to CHWs in accordance with client referrals, care plans, and applicable collective agreements.
2. Receives and documents client referrals and obtains required client information.
3. Communicates, updates, and informs clients regarding placement, including staff members’ names, times of service, and changes to schedules. Informs staff of placement and client information.
4. Receives calls and/or written requests from staff regarding absences such as vacation, sick leave, and leaves of absence, and assigns staff in accordance with applicable collective agreements upon approval of leave.
5. Informs the Nursing Supervisor and/or the Manager of Home Support Operations regarding any difficulties encountered in the placement of CHWs.
6. Receives client feedback, inquiries and complaints, and responds as required.
7. Completes and maintains related reports and documentation such as client and staff records and reports. Performs administrative support duties such as filing, photocopying, and data entry.
8. Provides input into performance appraisals of CHWs.
9. Complies with the Beacon Community Services Health and Safety Management Program and all applicable safety standards, regulations, directives, and procedures.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Worker and client safety is a priority and a responsibility of everyone at Beacon Community Services. The commitment to continuously improving safety is essential to all aspects of this position. Through the active participation and co-operation of management, supervisors, workers and joint occupational health and safety committees, Beacon Community Services will promote healthy and safe working conditions and attitudes as integral parts of its operations.
- High school diploma
- Computer aptitude with relevant skills including Windows-based computer knowledge
- Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm
- Previous experience in a fast paced, community based health care setting is an asset
- Previous experience with Procura software is an asset
- WHMIS Certificate
- Able to effectively use a computer and electronic devices
- Access to a computer and access to the internet
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to professionally deal with employees, managers, clients and their families, and the general public in a courteous, efficient, and discrete manner
- Ability to resolve conflict in a timely and respectful manner, incorporating conflict resolution principles and theory
- Ability to work accurately and quickly with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing including business writing and documentation skills
- Ability to initiate improvement and to work accurately and quickly with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities and remain calm in crises
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Physically able to carry out the duties of the position
- Skilled in the use of computers, the internet and electronic devices
- Only those applicants selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
- The successful applicant will provide a clear Police Criminal Record Check and Solicitor General Criminal Record Check upon hire.
- The successful applicant will provide a clear TB test upon hire.
- Days and hours of work are subject to change.
Indeed - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard
Beacon Community Services is a community-based, not-for-profit, social, employment, health, recreational, housing and volunteer services...