Position: Infant Toddler Educator
Position Vacancy # 2014-040
Department/Location: Children’s Programs
& Counselling Services, Individual Learning
Days/Hours of Work: Monday-Friday, 30+ hours per week
Salary: $17.86 Posting Period: June 4 - June 20, 2014
Start Date: September 2, 2014
This position will require the candidate to work at both the union and exempt site and will
include regular hours as well as any sub hours that may arise. The ECE works in accordance with the mission, vision and values of Beacon Community Services. The Beacon Community Services T.E.A.M (Teen Education and Motherhood) is offered in partnership with School District No. 63. This program provides quality, licensed infant and toddler care for young parents who are attending secondary school. The ECE/ITE reports to the Program Coordinator and/or the Director of Children’s Programs and Counselling Services. They will plan and implement a variety of activities to foster growth in all the developmental domains.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain the safety and well-being of all children in the program.
2. Provide a safe, accepting environment while offering support, information and role
modeling to parents in the YPP.
3. Adhere to Licensing requirements and school Legislation.
4. Plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate a full range of socially and developmentally
appropriate activities for infants and toddlers.
5. Provide parents with updates about the program and their child’s
progress/development (both visually and verbally).
6. Provide parents with current information on community resources and programs.
7. Keep open communication with affiliated early years programs.
8. Assist infants and toddlers in a manner that promotes their success.
9. Ensure all equipment is in working order and report any unsafe conditions to your
10. Address any parental concerns and inform your supervisor as necessary.
11. Advocate for all of those involved in the program, including children, parents
12. Daily housekeeping responsibilities.
Worker and client safety is a priority and a responsibility of everyone at Beacon Community Services. The commitment to continuously improving safety is essential to all aspects of this position. Through the active participation and co-operation of management, supervisors, workers and joint occupational health and safety committees, Beacon Community Services will promote healthy and safe working conditions and attitudes as integral parts of its operations.
- ECE certificate
- A license to practice in British Colombia
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Valid FOODSAFE Certification
- Able to effectively use a computer and electronic devices
- Access to a computer and access to the internet
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Previous experience working with infants, toddlers and their families.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- An energetic, nurturing and sensitive attitude that encourages development
- Skilled in the use of computers, the internet and electronic devices
All interested applicants must submit a PDF formatted cover letter and resume quoting the position vacancy number responding to this posting or to: Beacon Community Services Human Resources, 2723 Quadra Street, Victoria BC, V8T 4E5.
- Only those applicants who are selected to continue in the recruitment process will be
- The successful applicant will provide a clear Solicitor General’s Criminal Record
- The successful applicant will provide a physician’s note stating they are in appropriate
physical and mental health to carry out the duties of the position.
- Work location, days and hours of work are subject to change.