Employment Program of BC Client Advisor
(PPMB) Position Vacancy 2014-045
Department/Location: Employment Services/GT Hiring Solutions – Douglas Street, Victoria Hours of Work: 5 days per week, 8:30-4:30, 35 hours per week
Commensurate with experience
Start Date: As soon as possible
May 8, 2014 – May 15, 2014
(Posting closes at 4pm on last day)
End Date: N/A Status: Regular
Union: BCGEU Stand Alone
The Employment Program of BC Client works in accordance with the mission, vision and values of Beacon Community Services. They are responsible case management of eligible EPBC clients who are persons with persistent multiple barriers (PPMB). Job description includes, but is not restricted to the following below mentioned duties and responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assessing client needs (including the arrangement of a disability-related employment needs assessment as needed), developing action plans, determining employment objectives and providing supports and community attachment services to assist clients achieve those objectives using a client-centered process.
2. Refer to appropriate specialized service providers as needed.
3. Engage client in discussions to explore and resolve identified personal issues/factors that impact on their ability to find and keep employment.
4. Support clients throughout the case management process with employment coaching & counselling.
5. Provide an appropriate level of support to clients in accessing community resources contained within their action plans, including facilitating and following up on referrals where required.
6. Ensure that the client has undertaken labour market research in relation to employment and career goals as needed by assisting the client in accessing and understanding relevant information.
7. Support clients as needed in accessing other potential employment program options;
8. Provide assistance to those individuals with disabilities who are employed, but are at risk of losing employment because of a disability or must leave their current occupation due to a medical reason.
9. Develop, revise, update, and document progress toward employment and employment readiness objectives and record completion of agreed to services, supports and other employment considerations, activities and tasks.
Worker and client safety is a priority and a responsibility of everyone at Beacon Community Services. The commitment to continuously improving safety is essential to all aspects of this position. Through the active participation and co-operation of management, supervisors, workers and joint occupational health and safety committees, Beacon Community Services will promote healthy and safe working conditions and attitudes as integral parts of its operations.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in related field and/or combination of education and experience (Career Development Counsellor Certification & Registered Rehabilitation Professional designation with the Vocational Rehabilitation Association preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with individuals to assess employment and community attachment need and coordinate/case manage supports and services
- Knowledge of community resources, including funding resources and sources and eligibility for clients with disabilities to access resources
- Experience working as part of a team, including well developed communication and conflict resolution skills
- Awareness of national and local labour market
- Familiarity with career planning, local, provincial and national labour market.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge, ideally ICM experience is preferred
- Experience working in a team environment with constant communication both verbally and written
- Developing others
- Sound judgment
- Conflict management
- Solving Problems Creatively
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Excellent computer database skills and experience
- Ability to prioritize
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, with a focus on listening and comprehension
- Good organizational skills, with focus on task completion
- Subject to Criminal Record Review
- Subject to Solicitor General Criminal Record
- Valid Driver’s Licence
All interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume quoting the position vacancy number responding to this ad or to: Beacon Community Services Human Resources, 2723 Quadra Street, Victoria BC, V8T 4E5.
- Only those applicants selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
- The successful applicant will provide a clear Police Criminal Record Check and Solicitor General Criminal Record Check upon hire
- Late applications will not be accepted
- Days and hours of work are subject to change