Position: Coordinator, Human Resources and Recruitment Position Vacancy #2014-015
Department/Location: Human Resources, 2723 Quadra Street Days/Hours of Work: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm, occasional weekends may be required
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience Posting Period: February 20-25, 2014
(Application deadline – 4pm on last day)
Start Date: TBD
End Date: N/A Status: Regular, Full-time
The Human Resources Coordinator works in accordance with the mission, vision and values of Beacon Community Services. The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for all employee recruitment and hiring processes, as directed by the Vice President of Human Resources & Housing Programs. This position will be responsible for managing posting requests; ensuring that position descriptions, qualifications and minimum requirements are in place prior to hiring. The HR coordinator will undertake postings to ensure compliance with collective agreement and personnel manuals. The HR coordinator is responsible for coordinating applicant resumes, applicable certificates, and qualification and training requirements. The HR coordinator utilizes applicable community and organization statistics to determine recruitment and retention strategies. The HR coordinator is responsible for monitoring and managing probationary periods for all new employees. The HR coordinator provides in-services to educational institutions and supports all clinical placement opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collaborates with the VP of Human Resources & Housing Programs to determine hiring processes and recruitment strategies.
2. Ensures the hiring process aligns with legal and collective agreement requirements and organizational policies.
3. Standardize all recruitment and hiring processes throughout the organization.
4. Manage all posting requests and applications/resumes.
5. Manage applicable certificates, qualifications and training requirements.
6. Monitor and manage probationary periods and track reviews of all new employees.
7. Generate applicable recruitment, retention and turnover statistics on a monthly basis.
8. Responsible for all aspects of the hiring and onboarding process for Community Health Workers – including granting access/permissions to staff intranet and voicemail systems.
9. Responsible for entering all new hire information and service requirements into database.
10. Responsible for internal hiring process and selection for regular status positions.
11. Provide leadership as a member of the Human Resources Department to the organization; including the development of orientation and educational opportunities.
12. Contribute to Occupational Health & Safety Initiatives; including the COR WSBC annual audit.
13. Conduct exit interviews with all employees who leave the organization; develop semi-annual report for management team.
14. Track maternity/parental leave and other LOA requests and assist employees with return to work processes.
15. Issue appointment/employment letters to new staff and track status changes.
16. Responsible for organizing and tracking practicum placements.
17. Develop and update position descriptions and duties and responsibilities.
18. Provide coverage and assistance with processes for HR department as required.
19. Other duties as assigned.
Worker and client safety is a priority and a responsibility of everyone at Beacon Community Services. The commitment to continuously improving safety is essential to all aspects of this position. Through the active participation and co-operation of management, supervisors, workers and joint occupational health and safety committees, Beacon Community Services will promote healthy and safe working conditions and attitudes as integral parts of its operations.
- Completion of a two year post secondary diploma in Human Resource management from a college, technical school or university or a combination of education and experience
- Minimum of two years recent related experience preferably in a unionized environment
- Proficiency in using various computer software including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Clear Solicitor General Criminal Record Check
- WHMIS Certification
- Working knowledge of office administrative processes.
- Excellent English and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent Attendance and Work Commitment
- Physical ability to carry out all duties of the position
- Access to a computer and access to the internet
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with Collective Agreement(s)
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable with public speaking and presentations to large groups
- Process-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to organizational service, teamwork, and collaboration
- Ability to organize work and manage competing and shifting priorities, exceptional time management skills
- Ability to manage self in a variety of situations, maintaining a high level of professionalism
- Skilled in the use of computers, the internet and electronic devices
- Displays a positive attitude and organizational commitment
- Exercise excellent communication skills by demonstrating tact, diplomacy, empathy, patience and concern in providing quality service
- Ability to take direction and learn procedures
- Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team
- Late applications will not be accepted
- Only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted
- Days and hours of work are subject to change
Beacon Community Services is a community-based, not-for-profit, social, employment, health, recreational, housing and volunteer services...