Position: Administrative Support 1 (Records Clerk)
Position Vacancy #2014-051
Department/Location: Home Support, 2723 Quadra Street
Days/Hours of Work: Hours of work may include days and evenings – weekend availability required
Salary: BCGEU Wage Grid 3
Posting Period: May 28 – June 18, 2014
(Application deadline – 4pm on last day)
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: TBD Status: Casual
The Administrative Support 1 works in accordance with the mission, vision and values of Beacon Community Services. Beacon Community Services is a community-based, not-for-profit, social, employment, health and volunteer services agency. We offer a wide variety of programs and services designed to suit the needs of the communities we serve. The mission of our Home Support team is to provide reliable, quality community health services that recognize the principles of client diversity and self-determination; and to facilitate cooperative working relationships between staff and community partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitors visit verification system for staff checking in and out of visits. Follows up and completes documentation as per Beacon processes. Prints visit verification reports as required.
2. Performs general record management duties such as assembling files, assigning file numbers/names, preparing file folders, and filing staff and client files and distributing documents and files.
3. Maintains CHW and client files: to file, retrieve and forward health records for a variety of purposes and other requests in accordance with established policies, procedures and guidelines regarding information release.
4. Relieves receptionist for daily break periods and vacations.
5. Receives and restocks gloves.
6. Assembles first aid kits.
7. Photocopies and restocks forms.
8. Restocks CHW room with supplies.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Worker and client safety is a priority and a responsibility of everyone at Beacon Community Services. The commitment to continuously improving safety is essential to all aspects of this position. Through the active participation and co-operation of management, supervisors, workers and joint occupational health and safety committees, Beacon Community Services will promote healthy and safe working conditions and attitudes as integral parts of its operations.
- High School – Grade 12 diploma
- Recent related experience for a period of six months
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- WHMIS Certification
- Able to effectively use a computer and electronic devises
- Access to a computer and access to the internet
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to type at 40 wpm
- Skilled in the use of computers, the internet and electronic devices
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
All interested applicants must submit a PDF formatted cover letter and resume quoting the position vacancy number responding to this posting or to: Beacon Community Services Human Resources, 2723 Quadra Street, Victoria BC, V8T 4E5.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- A Notice of Successful Applicant will be posted when the position is filled to notify all unsuccessful applicants of the outcome of this posting.
- Days/Hours of work are subject to change based on operational requirements.
- Work location subject to change based on operational requirements