- Billing Legal Aid and private client accounts
- Liaising with clients, court personnel, duty counsel, Crown attorneys, treatment centers, etc.
- Maintaining court schedules and preparing daily court docket lists
- Preparing various court documents i.e.: affidavits, notices of application, orders to produce, etc.
- Serving court documentation as needed
- Upkeep of client files, including reviewing and ordering disclosure, preparing briefs, creating memos, opening and closing files as required and general organization
- Handling and monitoring of retainers, both private and through the Legal Aid fund
- Navigating and using Legal Aid Online with respect to Legal Aid client files
- Drafting dictation memos as required
- Use of ESILaw for file maintenance and accounting
- Administrative tasks such as answering phones, arranging meetings and court dates, filing, ordering office supplies, relaying messages and correspondence with clients and the courts, paying office bills, receiving and sending mail
Indeed - 18 months ago